Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Search
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?
 All Forums
 Western Conference - Central Division
Allow Anonymous Posting forum... Chicago
 $6 million for Havlat? Allow Anonymous Users Reply to This Topic...
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

pucker
PickupHockey Pro

Canada
398 Posts

Posted - 07/10/2006 :  08:31:09  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
The Blackhawks are insane to give this spoiled little punk $18 million over 3 years. He had a decent season in 03-04 but if I remember correctly he started the season late because he was in a contract dipute with Ottawa. If he is so good then why did Ottawa get rid of him for Preissing and futures? They dealt him because they were in another dispute over $$ and length of contract. Reminds me of Yashin - have fun in Chicago buddy.

goon
Rookie

Canada
113 Posts

Posted - 07/10/2006 :  09:17:55  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Tanguay got 5 and change. Gagne is asking in the 4.5 - 5.5 range. I would take either of those guys ahead of Havlat. Sure he gets points but who wouldnt on the Senators. He will never be a winner.
Go to Top of Page

bablaboushka
PickupHockey Veteran

Canada
2417 Posts

Posted - 07/10/2006 :  09:36:09  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Man the Sharks got ripped off in this 3-way deal.
Go to Top of Page

Ripley
PickupHockey Pro

USA
365 Posts

Posted - 07/10/2006 :  11:52:12  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I agree it is too much but he is going to be a super star. That kid has speed, moves and a deadly snap shot. He's the poster-child for the new NHL and I think that's what the Blackhawks were thinking.
Go to Top of Page

Jack Kayden 66
Top Prospect

Canada
61 Posts

Posted - 07/11/2006 :  08:25:00  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
The Hawks got snubbed on Elias as they were willing to pony up 6-7 million but not for the 7 years he ended up getting in NJ. I guess Havlat is an Elias style player.

Mark Bell isn't a bad pick up for SJ. Losing Preissing wouldn't be a big deal for most teams but the Sharks are kind of thin on D aren't they? Maybe they will pick someone up through FA but who is left? Is Zidlicky unrestricted?
Go to Top of Page

bablaboushka
PickupHockey Veteran

Canada
2417 Posts

Posted - 07/11/2006 :  13:34:56  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Mark Bell isn't a bad pick up, but compared to what the other teams got....I don't think he's worth giving up Preissing (who is a mobile offensive defenceman ideal for the new NHL) and another prospect. It was though a cheap pickup more than anything. But with SJ's defence getting younger and younger, they need a proven veteran presence. Carle, Davison and them are getting better and will be very good D, but running a team's defence on rookies isn't the wisest idea.
Go to Top of Page

Myles06-07
Top Prospect

91 Posts

Posted - 11/05/2006 :  07:57:02  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
If you want to keep him pay him the 6 million. Thats the only way you will EVER get Havlat style players than will register 110+ points.
Go to Top of Page

leafsfan1
PickupHockey Pro

Canada
338 Posts

Posted - 03/31/2007 :  06:15:35  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
i think they should pay him 4.5 million
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
Jump To: