Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Search
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?
 All Forums
 Hockey Forums
Allow Anonymous Posting forum... User Polls
 Toughest Division. Allow Anonymous Users Reply to This Topic...
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Destrovi
Top Prospect

3 Posts

Posted - 05/11/2009 :  21:08:51  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Poll Question:
Which Division in the NHL is the toughest? (Teams are Hard, The points between 1st and 5th is very low, A game can change the ranking. The Division is very close throughout the season etc etc)

**EDIT** You can make the decision based on this season if you want, but feel free to include previous years also.

Atlantic (Devils, Flyers, Islanders, Penguins, Rangers)
Northeast (Bruins, Canadiens, Maple Leafs, Sabres, Senators)
Southeast (Capitals, Hurricanes, Lightning, Panthers, Thrashers)
Central (Blackhawks, Blues, Blue Jackets, Predators, Red Wings)
Northwest (Avalanche, Canucks, Flames, Oilers, Wild)
Pacific (Coyotes, Ducks, Kings, Sharks, Stars)

Choices:

Atlantic
Northeast
Southeast
Central
Northwest
Pacific

Edited by - Destrovi on 05/12/2009 22:38:04

Sensfan101
PickupHockey Pro

Canada
500 Posts

Posted - 05/12/2009 :  04:49:09  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
South East is worst

You miss 100 percent of the shots you don't take Wayne Gretzky
Go to Top of Page

tbar
PickupHockey Pro

Canada
376 Posts

Posted - 05/12/2009 :  14:51:47  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Sensfan101

South East is worst

You miss 100 percent of the shots you don't take Wayne Gretzky

Well the Caps and Canes could very easily be playing one another in the conference finals and the Panthers just missed the playoffs I would have to disagree. If I were to go with worst I would say the Northeast. Sure Boston finished first in the East but after that the div. was terrible this year. And yes Montreal was awful, they shouldn't even have made the playoffs.

But back to the question this year the toughest I would have to say the Atlantic 4-5 made the playoffs they had the worst in the league sure but would the Isles have had more wins if the other 4 teams didn't all have winning records? The Northwest isn’t far behind in overall competitiveness.
Go to Top of Page

Alex
PickupHockey All-Star

Canada
2816 Posts

Posted - 05/12/2009 :  15:19:01  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
For two straight seasons, four out of five teams in the Atlantic made the post-season (Pittsburgh, Philadelphia, New Jersey, New York.) I'd say that's quite an accomplishment right there.

Traditionally, the northwest is likely the most difficult division because you really need to play your best hockey every game. Any given year, a team in that division that doesn't make the playoffs is arguably better than a team that did.

On a seperate note, is it just me, or is the west like under a huge amount of pressure to win each game, and it doesn't really matter in the east? This could be because there are a higher amount of weaker teams in the east (Atlanta, Islanders, Leafs, Sabres, Senators, Lightning compared to the Avalanche, Kings and Coyotes this year).
Go to Top of Page

pensfan17
PickupHockey Pro

Canada
330 Posts

Posted - 05/12/2009 :  15:55:58  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
How about the Central this year? Chicago is in the conference finals, Detroit is one win away. St. Louis and Columbus both made the playoffs, and Nashville barely missed out.
Go to Top of Page

Guest9235
( )

Posted - 05/12/2009 :  22:34:04  Reply with Quote
Central has to be the Hardest, 4 out of 5 made it, pretty dam good. Next would be Atlantic or Northwest. Atlantic has 4 out of 5 in, and the Northwest is competitive every year. If Colorado had better goaltending and no injuries to key players, they would have been in the mix for the playoffs. Edmonton was a letdown, but when they played their best were a very skilled team, and Minnesota has one of the best defensive teams out there. Its a toss up between those 2 for second, but I follow mainly the Northwest cause im an Oilers fan so it may be biased
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page