Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Search
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?
 All Forums
 Hockey Forums
Allow Anonymous Posting forum... User Polls
 2009 Western Conference Final Allow Anonymous Users Reply to This Topic...
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

admin
Forum Admin

Canada
2335 Posts

Posted - 05/15/2009 :  15:35:27  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Poll Question:
Who will win the NHL's 2009 Western Conference seven game championship series?

Choices:

Chicago Blackhawks
Detroit Red Wings

n/a
deleted

4809 Posts

Posted - 05/16/2009 :  20:13:24  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I've almost fully comvinced myself that the Blackhawks can take this series . . . despite how well the Wings had to play to get past Anaheim. I mean, that game 7 was a fantastic game, super-tight checking, with not a lot of missed assignments. Detroit can play as disciplined as they come.

Chicago has no weaknesses other than experience, and Detroit has no weaknesses except for maybe goal. I like the youth, speed and physicality of Chicago a bit better, against a team that won it last year and just doesn't have the same edge (sorry, Hossa).

Chicago in 6.

"Take off, eh?" - Bob and Doug
Go to Top of Page

Beans15

Canada
8286 Posts

Posted - 05/16/2009 :  20:54:41  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Geez, I really want to start finding things to agree with you on Slozo, but they just aren't coming. As much as I applauded Chicago against Vancouver, I don't think they beat Detroit in the series. Ultimately, the match up brilliantly on paper, with the edge (on paper) going to Chicago because Khabibulin is a huge step up on Osgood or Conklin. But here is the kicker. I don't have the exact numbers, but Chicago has trailed in games more often than not. At some point in almost every game against Calgary and Vancouver, Chicago had to overcome a defecit of some kind. Well, that is Detroit's edge on the ice. Detroit doesn't throw away the lead. (Sometimes, but definately rare)

This has the potential to be the series of the decade. Could be the changing of the guard or could be the Vets keeping hold of the Moutain top. Personal, I want this series to go 7 and, if the Hockey Gods are willing, overtime. But I see Detroit taking it as they won't give up the same 2-3 goal leads that Calgary and Chicago did.

Go to Top of Page

Alex
PickupHockey All-Star

Canada
2816 Posts

Posted - 05/17/2009 :  04:24:16  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
What has Chicago done to win the last two series?

1 - Throw an offensive juggernaut at other teams.
They've played against Phaneuf and Bieksa, not Lidstrom, Rafalski, and Kronwall. Without question, Detroit plays better defensively than Calgary and Vancouver.

2 - They chirped.
They engaged Iginla. They engaged Luongo. Who will they target on in Detroit? The entire team is just so composed. Mind you, if they could get one guy to buy in to that little game, my money is that Osgood would be the first.

3 - They came back.
Beans said it first. The Blackhawks won't be able to play for the second half of the game and mount huge comebacks against the Wings. Give credit to the Hawks for making it this far, but to be honest neither the Flames nor the Canucks are the most mature hockey teams. The Wings are battle tested. If you need more proof, ask yourselves how many teams would have come out of the Ducks series on top? Hawks? No. Canucks? No. Flames? Forget about it.

The Wings have everything in place to win again and they should take it.
Go to Top of Page

hanley6
PickupHockey Pro

Canada
674 Posts

Posted - 05/18/2009 :  03:11:07  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
my head says Detroit, but my heart says GO HAWKS only because I dont want the Red Wings to win the Cup
Go to Top of Page

Matt_Roberts85
PickupHockey Pro

Canada
936 Posts

Posted - 05/19/2009 :  08:07:50  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
From a leaf fans point of view, I really hope an eastern teams wins the cup for 2 reasons. If Chicago wins, that means the leafs hold the longest cup drought, and if Detroit wins that means they are only 1 cup behind our total of 13. Not good lol.

Detroit should win... relativley easily if you ask me. I would like to see Chicago face Pitt in the final...

Carolina vs either team would be kinda boring...just a little...

If detroit makes the final than we will see a rematch of a recent cup final. When was the last time the same 2 teams faced off against each other 2 times in a short time frame...?

There is no "I" in team, but there is an "M" and an "E".
Go to Top of Page

Guest2265
( )

Posted - 05/19/2009 :  09:31:33  Reply with Quote
Hey Matt_Roberts85
I guess you dont know you Hockey or your maps eaither. All four teams left in the playoffs are east teams hello Detriot east coast Chicago East cost there just in the west because if you look Detriot was in the east confrence before and when more teams came into the nhl the went to the west. So please learn your Hockey more because Detriot used to be in the same confrence as the habs, leafs, and sens.
So please learn your Hockey and your Maps. Thank you very much.
Go to Top of Page

Matt_Roberts85
PickupHockey Pro

Canada
936 Posts

Posted - 05/19/2009 :  09:41:27  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
uh...i was referring to the CONFERENCE. So next time, use your head and think before you type...

Go to Top of Page

Matt_Roberts85
PickupHockey Pro

Canada
936 Posts

Posted - 05/19/2009 :  09:43:11  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
also..if were talking maps, chicago and detroit arent on the east coast at all... especially chicago. There is a reason why Chicago is called the "gateway to the west"

Go to Top of Page

Rambo2305
PickupHockey Pro

Canada
546 Posts

Posted - 05/19/2009 :  10:35:10  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Guest2265

Hey Matt_Roberts85
I guess you dont know you Hockey or your maps eaither. All four teams left in the playoffs are east teams hello Detriot east coast Chicago East cost there just in the west because if you look Detriot was in the east confrence before and when more teams came into the nhl the went to the west. So please learn your Hockey more because Detriot used to be in the same confrence as the habs, leafs, and sens.
So please learn your Hockey and your Maps. Thank you very much.

Since when is Detroit, or Chicago on the East coast? Pretty sure BOTH places are further WEST then any East team lol..dead center of the U.S.

Time to turn off the computer, eat your carrots and go back to your colouring books buddy :) lol

"Most people spend time and energy going around problems, rather than trying to solve them" - Henry Ford
Go to Top of Page

Rambo2305
PickupHockey Pro

Canada
546 Posts

Posted - 05/19/2009 :  10:37:22  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Matt_Roberts85

also..if were talking maps, chicago and detroit arent on the east coast at all... especially chicago. There is a reason why Chicago is called the "gateway to the west"

Matt, hate to dog a Leaf fan, but St. Louis is the gateway to the west lol...but you're still right...Chi-town isn't on the east coast lol

"Most people spend time and energy going around problems, rather than trying to solve them" - Henry Ford
Go to Top of Page

JOSHUACANADA
PickupHockey Veteran

Canada
2308 Posts

Posted - 05/19/2009 :  11:35:27  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I want to see a Chicago, Carolina final as I have enjoyed every game I have seen from both teams this post season. We will probably see Detroit in the final though unless the wheels fall off.
Go to Top of Page

Matt_Roberts85
PickupHockey Pro

Canada
936 Posts

Posted - 05/19/2009 :  12:26:01  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
lol oooooops

Go to Top of Page

Rambo2305
PickupHockey Pro

Canada
546 Posts

Posted - 05/19/2009 :  12:31:41  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Lookin' forward to a rematch of last year!

Go to Top of Page

Guest2265
( )

Posted - 05/19/2009 :  14:15:09  Reply with Quote
Well I guess you guys are preety dump both detriot and chicago are both on the east side of the us look at a map. And if you look at the orginal 6 teams in the nhl the are all east teams. so I know what I am talking about.
Go to Top of Page

JOSHUACANADA
PickupHockey Veteran

Canada
2308 Posts

Posted - 05/19/2009 :  14:37:02  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:

Well I guess you guys are preety dump both detriot and chicago are both on the east side of the us look at a map. And if you look at the orginal 6 teams in the nhl the are all east teams. so I know what I am talking about.

East of you is that what you are talking about? Hey buddy the world doesn't revolve around you.
Go to Top of Page

Guest6887
( )

Posted - 05/19/2009 :  20:21:56  Reply with Quote
"seven game championship series"...lols

gives your nuts a tug you f***ing p****
Go to Top of Page

Sensfan101
PickupHockey Pro

Canada
500 Posts

Posted - 05/20/2009 :  04:59:46  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Did you see Hossa getting robbed again he clearly tipped the Rafalski shot

You miss 100 percent of the shots you don't take Wayne Gretzky
Go to Top of Page

n/a
deleted

4809 Posts

Posted - 05/20/2009 :  05:06:12  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hossa definitely got robbed, but I have Rafalski in both my pools, so I had my fingers crossed the whole time . . . looks like they decided it was tipped in by one of the Chicago D, I think.

Go to Top of Page

Rambo2305
PickupHockey Pro

Canada
546 Posts

Posted - 05/20/2009 :  05:42:30  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:

Did you finish 3rd grade geography?

Go to Top of Page

Matt_Roberts85
PickupHockey Pro

Canada
936 Posts

Posted - 05/20/2009 :  06:22:33  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
well... this series is over...Wings in the final again...yay..

Go to Top of Page

JOSHUACANADA
PickupHockey Veteran

Canada
2308 Posts

Posted - 05/20/2009 :  12:23:24  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Im still waiting on game 3. I think the Hawks will win at home and push this series deeper. Definately not a sweep hear.
Go to Top of Page

n/a
deleted

4809 Posts

Posted - 05/20/2009 :  14:46:50  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
No sweep here, nosiree. Game two could have gone either way.

If Osgood continues his stellar play and matches his counterpart, then it's Wings for sure. But let's wait until Chicago finishes their home games . . . because they should certainly win one, and quite possibly both.

Go to Top of Page

Guest7522
( )

Posted - 05/23/2009 :  16:20:20  Reply with Quote
From the beginning of the series i said Detroit in 5. and thus far, nothing has persuaded me in this series to change my prediction. I'd love for chicago to take this series but it just isn't gonna happen, they're just not the team to beat detroit. They got their win, despite blowing a 3 goal lead, but that is where it'll stop for chicago unfortunately. Detroit takes the next two in total control
Go to Top of Page

n/a
deleted

4809 Posts

Posted - 05/25/2009 :  05:07:03  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Crap, the Wings are now in total control of this series. What can you say?

I really can't see Pittsburgh getting past this team. I think Anaheim would have beat the Pens as well . . . sigh.

Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page