Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Search
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?
 All Forums
 Hockey Forums
Allow Anonymous Posting forum... General Hockey Chat
 Hossa Allow Anonymous Users Reply to This Topic...
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

tbar
PickupHockey Pro

Canada
376 Posts

Posted - 05/25/2009 :  09:33:34  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Poll Question:
Would you like to see Hossa hoist the Cup?

Choices:

Yes I would like to see him beat the team he left.
No because he left Pits to win and now deserves to lose.
Yes but not this year.
Detroit and Pits wont even make the finals.

Guest2559
( )

Posted - 05/25/2009 :  09:37:06  Reply with Quote
I would like to see Detroit lose to the Penguins just to see what Hossa would have to say after that series. That would be like the Pens kicking him right back in the mouth the way he did to them when he went and signed with the team that beat them last year.
Go to Top of Page

tbar
PickupHockey Pro

Canada
376 Posts

Posted - 05/25/2009 :  09:38:22  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Guest2559

I would like to see Detroit lose to the Penguins just to see what Hossa would have to say after that series. That would be like the Pens kicking him right back in the mouth the way he did to them when he went and signed with the team that beat them last year.

Forgot to log in this is what I would like to see.
Go to Top of Page

Guest9235
( )

Posted - 05/25/2009 :  23:25:41  Reply with Quote
I want him to win the cup and then go for the money, so the Oilers can get him
Go to Top of Page

n/a
deleted

4809 Posts

Posted - 05/26/2009 :  04:23:51  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
You needed another option for the poll:

Don't care one way or the other if Hossa wins a cup.

"Take off, eh?" - Bob and Doug
Go to Top of Page

Guest9838
( )

Posted - 05/26/2009 :  06:04:48  Reply with Quote
I for one wouldn't mind seeing Hossa raise the cup. This is a guy who made a decision based on Hockey not money. He was a UFA and a rental, and had every right to pick the team he felt he had the best chance of winning after his pittsburgh cup run, maybe the dressing room, team or whatever didn't feel like a winner to him who knows. If they do meet in the finals and Pitts wins, I'd acutally feel bad for the guy because all of this will come back to haunt him, and I don't think he'd deserve to be criticized for his decision. I have full respect for the guy on taking less $$ with less long term security to go for glory. The real test would come if Det does win, would he still take less for more chances to win the cup?

Unless you're a penguins fan you should have no issues with Hossa moving to Detroit. If you are a penguins fan then by all means bring on the boo birds, bring down the hate...
Go to Top of Page

Beans15

Canada
8286 Posts

Posted - 05/26/2009 :  07:51:13  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I am really with Slozo here. I don't really care one way or the other. It is somewhat refreshing to see a player sign for less money to win.

But does anyone out there think it would be ironic if it's a Pitt/Detroit final and Pitt wins??? Hossa would have picked the wrong team. He could have signed for more money and won the Cup!

Cruel Irony.
Go to Top of Page

JOSHUACANADA
PickupHockey Veteran

Canada
2308 Posts

Posted - 05/26/2009 :  12:16:06  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
As a Senator fan I miss Hossa. He was the best player here before he left and I never understood his trading. Must have been about money. I think leaving Pitts for Detroit was a bad move. He wanted to be the MVP of a cup winning team. Now he is a midcard player in a system which nobody is the hero except the shutdown guys. If he resigns in Detroit he will get less money and have less of an effect than he would on a more offensive team.
Go to Top of Page

Matt_Roberts85
PickupHockey Pro

Canada
936 Posts

Posted - 05/26/2009 :  13:14:57  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
who would you rather have? Heatley or Hossa?

There is no "I" in team, but there is an "M" and an "E".
Go to Top of Page

JOSHUACANADA
PickupHockey Veteran

Canada
2308 Posts

Posted - 05/26/2009 :  14:32:36  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hossa. Its simple, one can play and elite game with any line on your team and the other can play a elite game when playing with elite players. Hossa a much better 2 way player. Hossa will sign for less than Heatly.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page