Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Search
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?
 All Forums
 Hockey Forums
Allow Anonymous Posting forum... General Hockey Chat
 Envy of the league....LEAFS NATION Allow Anonymous Users Reply to This Topic...
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Rambo2305
PickupHockey Pro

Canada
546 Posts

Posted - 05/26/2009 :  08:28:38  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
So, pretty simple, Leafs Nation is the envy to every NHL fan not part of Leafs Nation. Why you ask? Simple, the Leafs have the most loyal and LARGEST fan base in the NHL.

So, lets get started with the great debates, looking forward to hearing from the Sens fans (used to be Leafs fans)!...

P.S. Toronto has just as many fans as the home team anywhere they play, except for Florida, Pheonix and Nashville, they don't even have their own fans!

This should be fun :P haha

"Most people spend time and energy going around problems, rather than trying to solve them" - Henry Ford

Beans15

Canada
8286 Posts

Posted - 05/26/2009 :  09:52:47  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I will leave this short and sweet.

Firstly, because something is the biggest, does not mean it's the best.

If the "Leaf Nation" is the envy of every hockey fan, I guess cheering for a losing team for literally a lifetime is something that all hockey fans want.

You keep your envy, I'll keep cheering those other crappy teams who actually win once in a while.
Go to Top of Page

Matt_Roberts85
PickupHockey Pro

Canada
936 Posts

Posted - 05/26/2009 :  10:50:49  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Rambo, as much as I love the Leafs, your asking for it on this one man... being a Leaf fan is definatley not for everyone, you really do have to have a couple screws loose to still be a die hard leafer...

Beans, 42 years isn't quite a lifetime..... give us a few more years haha. Hey, we had 103 points in '04!

There is no "I" in team, but there is an "M" and an "E".
Go to Top of Page

Rambo2305
PickupHockey Pro

Canada
546 Posts

Posted - 05/26/2009 :  11:19:23  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Yea...this was more of an extreme respose to the Leafs haters lol....

When it's all said and done, it's more then just wins and losses boys..

Will admit, a bit overboard with the "envy" thing :P haha

"Most people spend time and energy going around problems, rather than trying to solve them" - Henry Ford
Go to Top of Page

JOSHUACANADA
PickupHockey Veteran

Canada
2308 Posts

Posted - 05/26/2009 :  11:42:26  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I could not imagine another fan base, for another team, in this or any other league thinking that any other fan base is envious of them. You really do have your head up your butt. For the record not every fan liked or have ever cheered for the leafs (unless they are the last canadian team in the playoffs).

The only other time I have cheered for anything else rometely related to the leafs is when they trade away there best players or ride him until ruin.

Stick that in your pipe and smoke it!
Go to Top of Page

Guest6189
( )

Posted - 05/26/2009 :  11:43:20  Reply with Quote
Give this guy an instigator penalty! haha!
Go to Top of Page

Rambo2305
PickupHockey Pro

Canada
546 Posts

Posted - 05/26/2009 :  11:45:45  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by JOSHUACANADA

I could not imagine another fan base, for another team, in this or any other league thinking that any other fan base is envious of them. You really do have your head up your butt. For the record not every fan liked or have ever cheered for the leafs (unless they are the last canadian team in the playoffs).

The only other time I have cheered for anything else rometely related to the leafs is when they trade away there best players or ride him until ruin.

Stick that in your pipe and smoke it!

You did just read my "overboard" reply right? lol and that "envy" wasn't exactly the right word to use lol

Go to Top of Page

JOSHUACANADA
PickupHockey Veteran

Canada
2308 Posts

Posted - 05/26/2009 :  12:50:18  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I was going for overboard
Go to Top of Page

Matt_Roberts85
PickupHockey Pro

Canada
936 Posts

Posted - 05/26/2009 :  13:12:52  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quite frankly, the more people that hate the leafs the better. More tickets for me lol

Go to Top of Page

Pasty7
PickupHockey Veteran

Canada
2312 Posts

Posted - 05/26/2009 :  13:46:25  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Matt_Roberts85

quite frankly, the more people that hate the leafs the better. More tickets for me lol

i'd take leaf season tickets if i lived in toronto not because im a leaf fan but because im a hockey fan and as many games as i can see no matter whos playing the nhl is world class hockey

Pasty
Go to Top of Page

Gusteroni
Rookie

Canada
225 Posts

Posted - 05/26/2009 :  14:33:28  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Leafs Nation is nation wide, the proof is in the puddin'. It is especially evident when I go to a Leafs/Oilers game or Leafs/Flames game (sea of blue & white and what's that red thing) here in Alberta. I feel like I am in Toronto cause it is just as hard to get a ticket to those games as it must be to get one in T.O. Not only that but the way we Leafs fans can drown out any chant you can throw at us. Now I'm not too sure about the envy of other fans but you have to admit there is so much passion and loyalty a Leafs fan has that a lot of other teams fans could never touch, not all but some.

"There are only two seasons in Canada...hockey season and not hockey season."

Edited by - Gusteroni on 05/26/2009 14:34:23
Go to Top of Page

JOSHUACANADA
PickupHockey Veteran

Canada
2308 Posts

Posted - 05/26/2009 :  14:44:04  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I dont think I've ever seen a leafs vs. Calgary or Edmonton game out here in alberta. Its hard for me to believe you could round up all the crack addicts and make them scream loud enough to drown out the Red mile though or the Blue mile come playoff time. Maybe real Flames, Oiler fans aren't interested in watching the leafs play.
Go to Top of Page

Beans15

Canada
8286 Posts

Posted - 05/26/2009 :  19:31:27  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Gusteroni

Leafs Nation is nation wide, the proof is in the puddin'. It is especially evident when I go to a Leafs/Oilers game or Leafs/Flames game (sea of blue & white and what's that red thing) here in Alberta. I feel like I am in Toronto cause it is just as hard to get a ticket to those games as it must be to get one in T.O. Not only that but the way we Leafs fans can drown out any chant you can throw at us. Now I'm not too sure about the envy of other fans but you have to admit there is so much passion and loyalty a Leafs fan has that a lot of other teams fans could never touch, not all but some.

"There are only two seasons in Canada...hockey season and not hockey season."

This isn't specific to the Leafs. The same thing happens for any original 6 team. I have seen games involving the Leafs, Boston, and Detroit and there were as many Boston and Detroit Jersey's in the crowd as Leaf's Jersey's during their game.

It's longevity and population. If there happened to be 2 teams in Toronto starting back in the 50's or 60's, we would not be having this conversation.

And don't even get me started on the CBC saturation. Specifically before the double header HNIC, if you weren't a Leaf's Fan, you only got to watch your team once a year.
Go to Top of Page

n/a
deleted

4809 Posts

Posted - 05/27/2009 :  04:37:03  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I mostly agree with Beans, however, Toronto beats all other original 6 teams hands down for fans, except for Montreal (about even, I'd say).

Canada has more passionate fans who care much more deeply about hockey, and all the advertising and exposure that successful old teams like Detroit gets doesn't measure up to it. So yes, the Leafs and Habs have the most fans.

But as Beans pointed out, the HNIC thing really helped that, as many out west were forced to watch the Leafs or the Habs (on the french channel). Life is tough, but we've moved on from those days. We should be in the golden age of hockey now . . . if only the Leafs were a top team that always battled Montreal, and if Edmonton always battled Calgary for first, and if only Bettman was a lowly scalper instead of the commissioner, and if only Winnipeg, Hamilton, Kitchener and Quebec had NHL teams . . . sigh.

Sorry about that, still dreaming

"Take off, eh?" - Bob and Doug
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page