Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Search
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?
 All Forums
 Hockey Forums
Allow Anonymous Posting forum... User Polls
 Bodacious Babes Beating Bodies... Allow Anonymous Users Reply to This Topic...
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

fat_elvis_rocked
PickupHockey Pro

Canada
902 Posts

Posted - 10/22/2009 :  16:15:15  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
There, that should have got your attention

While responding to a thread regarding bodychecking, it got me thinking, now that Women's Hockey is starting to get more attention, albeit, not enough in my opinion(these gals are skilled), should their game take a step and allow bodychecking?

Like I said, the skill is there in abundance, but the game just seems to me to be sometimes too, shinny-like, or ringette-like.
I would be very interested to see a game with the bodychecking, as it adds such a different component.

What say you all?

50brent
Top Prospect

Canada
62 Posts

Posted - 10/22/2009 :  16:19:17  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
well i dont think it would hurt the game at all, but bring all of men too start watching if there games would get more physical i think it would get a lot more popular. but the question is would they be able to take the bodychecking.
Go to Top of Page

Beans15

Canada
8286 Posts

Posted - 10/22/2009 :  18:16:26  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
This as so close to being deleted before I actually looked at the thread. With the 'unsavory' spam that hits the site from time to time, I've deleted many threads with similar titles.

To the topic at hand, no, body checking will not make women's hockey better. That has to start at grass roots, young people hockey. Secondly, competition in the world other than Canada and the US is what is needed to take Women's hockey to the next level.
Go to Top of Page

n/a
deleted

4809 Posts

Posted - 10/23/2009 :  04:46:53  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Ha ha ha . . . Beans, I probably almost deleted it before you did, same thing - I scan the titles, and was about to delete this one when I noticed who wrote it . . . funny stuff.

Yeah, and I'm with Beans on this one as well. I think the thing that takes women's hockey to the next level is having an actual competetive field so that it's not a joke Olympic sport (sorry, but it is - does not pass the Olympic committee's own requirements for international competetiveness, look it up for sports requirements to be considered). I am not saying it is a joke sport by the way for the US and Canada - it isn't, they are great players. And Finland is halfway there, they have some talent. But it stops there, and needs to be built up dramatically before it is truly taken seriously.

I do love every final between Canada and the States though, great games, fun hockey. No need to change their game, in fact, it's refreshing to see that different light contact style (I know they say no contact, but at that level, it happens inadvertently).

"Take off, eh?" - Bob and Doug
Go to Top of Page

fat_elvis_rocked
PickupHockey Pro

Canada
902 Posts

Posted - 10/23/2009 :  09:23:20  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Whew .... good thing I didnt' stick with my original title...

'How to play bigger, harder, and be more Manly'.....

Go to Top of Page

Porkchop73
PickupHockey Pro

640 Posts

Posted - 10/23/2009 :  15:43:12  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I only wish I had your keen sense of humor!

I like the ladies hockey game, it has a style of its own and can be very exciting to watch. I do not think that introducing body checking (by that I mean body contact, oh, I mean not actual checking of the body, oh , you all will take that anyway you want anyways). HITTING, I mean hitting. I do not think that it would add anything to the womens game. They do play a fairly physical game anyways.
Something about the womens game is more emotional as well. Sometimes it makes you want to cry for no reason. Oh, please forgive me for that last one, must be a hormonal thing!
Go to Top of Page

irvine
PickupHockey Veteran

Canada
1315 Posts

Posted - 10/23/2009 :  16:58:37  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I have to agree. If they began implementing body checking at an early age for females now, then perhaps in 8-10 years from now, they could have it at the higher levels. As the youth would be prepared for the big hits they may encounter from a 6'2 female. lol.

Irvine
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page