Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Search
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?
 All Forums
 Hockey Forums
Allow Anonymous Posting forum... User Polls
 Who Should Be Team Canada's Next Captian? Allow Anonymous Users Reply to This Topic...
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Guest4644
( )

Posted - 12/05/2006 :  13:50:51  Reply with Quote
Poll Question:
who should be Canada's next captian?

Choices:

Jarome Iginla
Joe Sakic
Joe Thorton
Wade Redden
Sidney Crosby
Robyn Regehr
Rob Blake
other

luckyluc
Top Prospect

Canada
26 Posts

Posted - 12/05/2006 :  14:18:21  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I assume you mean for the 2010 Olympics. Joe Sakic, and Rob Blake will probably be retired by then. Regehr is highly overrated and shouldn't even be on the team. Thornton Crosby and Iginla are all pretty good options but I think Lecavalier and Heatley should get some consideration too. Plus look at Staal, Marleau, and even Bergeron.
Go to Top of Page

Guest2939
( )

Posted - 12/05/2006 :  15:22:14  Reply with Quote
I know by then he might be retired by then but you can't leave Captain Canada off that list. Ryan Smyth, but if he is still around he probally will. If he is gone then i think that Crosby will be the one for sure.
Go to Top of Page

Guest4456
( )

Posted - 12/05/2006 :  15:26:26  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Guest2939

I know by then he might be retired by then but you can't leave Captain Canada off that list. Ryan Smyth, but if he is still around he probally will. If he is gone then i think that Crosby will be the one for sure.

Crosby's too young to be captain. Maybe in 2014 but not 2010
Go to Top of Page

bablaboushka
PickupHockey Veteran

Canada
2417 Posts

Posted - 12/05/2006 :  17:22:10  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I think Joe Thornton is a good choice. Others maybe: Iginla, Staal. It would be insulting for Crosby to be captain in 2010, unless the Penguins have won a couple championships by then. I sure wish Marleau could get looked at to even make the team, let alone Captain it, but he's in a bad market.

Edited by - bablaboushka on 12/05/2006 17:25:07
Go to Top of Page

Guest9901
( )

Posted - 12/05/2006 :  19:08:33  Reply with Quote
CAPTAIN CANADA= SMYTTY
Go to Top of Page

Guest4306
( )

Posted - 12/06/2006 :  09:45:47  Reply with Quote
Ryan Smyth should be on that list.. I forgot who was the last captain.. was it Sakic or Smyth?.. but those two right there are the best leaders in the NHL right now.. but I voted for Iggy since Sakic may not be around by then.
Go to Top of Page

bablaboushka
PickupHockey Veteran

Canada
2417 Posts

Posted - 12/06/2006 :  09:59:40  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
It was Sakic.

I hope it's Thornton. He was a captain in Boston so he has experience. He can also step up when the team needs him, whether it be a goal, a sweet feed or even a bone-jarring hit. The only disadvantage to Thornton is he lacks credible post-season experience. That should change this year though

Edited by - bablaboushka on 12/06/2006 10:01:21
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page