Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Search
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?
 All Forums
 Hockey Forums
Allow Anonymous Posting forum... General Hockey Chat
 Team Canada's Defense? Allow Anonymous Users Reply to This Topic...
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

brentrock2
PickupHockey Pro

Canada
571 Posts

Posted - 11/27/2009 :  16:00:10  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Poll Question:
Which of the following d-men do you think will be the best on Team Canada this year?

Choices:

Scott Neidermayer
Jay Bouwmeester
Dan Boyle
Brent Burns
Drew Doughty
Mike Green
Duncan Keith
Dion Phaneuf
Chris Pronger
Robyn Regehr
Brent Seabrook
Shea Weber
Other(Who?)

Edited by - brentrock2 on 12/01/2009 04:25:48

brentrock2
PickupHockey Pro

Canada
571 Posts

Posted - 11/27/2009 :  16:23:23  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Well, Regehr hasn't been that good for awhile now and I'd easily rather have Boyle or Seabrook on the team over him.
What I see is:

Niedermayer - Pronger
Bouwmeester - Weber
Phaneuf - Green

I want to see Green on the team, because I think he will be one of the best on the powerplay, and Phaneuf because I think his aggressive style of play will be needed in the Olympics, I also feel he has improved defensively this year.

He played for Team Canada in 2004, 2005 and 2007 was alright during the games.

Therefore, I personally think Bouwmeester has been excellent so far in the start of this season. He has been defensively responsible, he is definitely showing that he truly does have that smooth skating that was advertised, and his offensive game is pretty smart. He also has a good set up on the power play and can nail the puck too. Sometimes Bouwmeester is hot some games and cold other games. I think he will play good with Weber if thats who gets picked and they are on the same line. Weber can move and play the puck awesome of what I've seen so far out of him but he makes mistakes sometimes but I guess everyone make mistakes sometimes.

The start up D-pair should be Scott Niedermayer and Chris Pronger because I think they are both pretty big with Pronger as 6.6 and Niedermayer as 6.1 they should be the shut down line and on the 2nd power play unit as Bouwmeester and Green should be the first unit.

Anyways, enough said.(For once, LOL)

HABS RULE!!
brentrock2

Edited by - brentrock2 on 11/27/2009 16:23:57
Go to Top of Page

irvine
PickupHockey Veteran

Canada
1315 Posts

Posted - 11/27/2009 :  16:29:31  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I voted for Chris Pronger.

I'd expect Pronger to help quarterback the PP and be on the PK. He'll also find himself on the top D-pairing.

I expect big things from Pronger, he needs to contribute to help in Canada's success.

Irvine
Go to Top of Page

Alex116
PickupHockey Legend

6113 Posts

Posted - 11/27/2009 :  19:36:30  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I agree, i voted Pronger. I think he's got the size, skill and experience to be our top dman. There's gonna be flashes of brilliance from others, but i'm thinking Pronger will be our all around best dman once the games are over.

Having said that, he could just as easily be kicked out for some stupid suspension?

Kicking? Elbowing? Slashing?
Go to Top of Page

Guest2264
( )

Posted - 11/28/2009 :  06:43:27  Reply with Quote
How about putting it this way.... I chose Pronger, he's big he's strong he plays good with the puck and can shut down people.
Go to Top of Page

Guest7134
( )

Posted - 11/28/2009 :  16:34:00  Reply with Quote
why did you even bother to include brent burns
Go to Top of Page

sharksfan44
Rookie

Canada
228 Posts

Posted - 11/28/2009 :  19:23:53  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
luke schenne?

sorry, but i dont see why u even put him as a choice.
Go to Top of Page

hanley6
PickupHockey Pro

Canada
674 Posts

Posted - 11/28/2009 :  19:57:26  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
MIKE GREEN for top offensive defense for team Canada
CHRIS PRONGER for top defensive defense for team Canada
...And the LEAFS Win the CUP

Edited by - hanley6 on 11/28/2009 19:59:21
Go to Top of Page

brentrock2
PickupHockey Pro

Canada
571 Posts

Posted - 11/29/2009 :  10:53:36  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by sharksfan44

luke schenne?

sorry, but i dont see why u even put him as a choice.

Dude, like you start to not answer the poll questions now and Luke Schenn would be to shut down people and he's a defensive defensemen. Well I don't see him being on Team Canada but anyways..?

HABS RULE!!
brentrock2

brentrock2
Go to Top of Page

sharksfan44
Rookie

Canada
228 Posts

Posted - 11/29/2009 :  19:41:40  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
k, if im understanding u correctly, why does it matter if im answering the poll or not. in fact, i really didnt have anything to say about this poll until i noticed u had luke schenne as a choice (which is ridiculous) and i decided to say something about it because i didnt agree with him being on it, so theres nothing wrong with that.

also, luke schenne has a -4 rating with 11 giveaways with only 6 takeaways this year. not exactly a shut down defensemen type numbers. if u dont see him on team canada yourself, why in the heck did u put him up there in the first place
Go to Top of Page

Tiller33
PickupHockey Pro

389 Posts

Posted - 11/30/2009 :  09:14:50  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Alex116

I agree, i voted Pronger. I think he's got the size, skill and experience to be our top dman. There's gonna be flashes of brilliance from others, but i'm thinking Pronger will be our all around best dman once the games are over.

Having said that, he could just as easily be kicked out for some stupid suspension?

Kicking? Elbowing? Slashing?

Gotta go with Pronger but i do agree he is more than capable of doing something retarded (like stomping someone?). Still maintain that Pronger and Bouwmeester would be the best defensive pairing in the tournament. Both guys are absolute horses capable of playing 25-30 minutes a game which could end up being important in an overtime scenario. That pairing would give every team in the tournamant headaches even the proposed first line for Russia of Ovechkin/Malkin/Kovalchuk, they're the best shut down option Canada has.

There's a lot of dirty old occ's around thats the problem
Go to Top of Page

Guest2317
( )

Posted - 11/30/2009 :  13:42:05  Reply with Quote
quote:

k, if im understanding u correctly, why does it matter if im answering the poll or not. in fact, i really didnt have anything to say about this poll until i noticed u had luke schenne as a choice (which is ridiculous) and i decided to say something about it because i didnt agree with him being on it, so theres nothing wrong with that.

also, luke schenne has a -4 rating with 11 giveaways with only 6 takeaways this year. not exactly a shut down defensemen type numbers. if u dont see him on team canada yourself, why in the heck did u put him up there in the first place

I agree with brentrock, he makes way more sense than what you kinda do. Do you like know hockey sharksfan? It sounds like you don't. Luke Schenn is a well played defensemen but I don't exactly see him being on the team but its good to have him up on the block for other voters. Brentrock I agree with you 95% and sharksfan 5% so live with it.
Go to Top of Page

Guest2317
( )

Posted - 11/30/2009 :  13:43:49  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Guest2317

quote:

I agree with brentrock, he makes way more sense than what you kinda do. Do you like know hockey sharksfan? It sounds like you don't. Luke Schenn is a well played defensemen but I don't exactly see him being on the team but its good to have him up on the block for other voters. Brentrock I agree with you 95% and sharksfan 5% so live with it.
P.S. Why does Schenn have 2 votes?? Nice try.

Go to Top of Page

sharksfan44
Rookie

Canada
228 Posts

Posted - 11/30/2009 :  14:32:22  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
hahaha "Brentrock I agree with you 95% and sharksfan 5% so live with it." man i dont think i'll be able to live with 5%.

"luke schenne is a well played defensemen". ya he's good, but there is no way in hell he should be up here as a choice. its funny how all i heard at the beggining of the year on tv from panelists and experts was how luke schenne should be sent down to the minors to get his confidence back and find his game. He had a horrible start. as u said "live with it"

and im sorry but what did i say that makes u think i dont know hockey? the fact that u agree with brentrock and think its a good idea to have schenne up there makes me think that u dont know much about hockey. i think there are few people who think schenne has a chance at being on the team.

Edited by - sharksfan44 on 11/30/2009 14:56:17
Go to Top of Page

Tiller33
PickupHockey Pro

389 Posts

Posted - 11/30/2009 :  14:55:53  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Its Schenn why does everyone keep putting Schenne, not trying to be a spelling Nazi but jesus.

Go to Top of Page

sharksfan44
Rookie

Canada
228 Posts

Posted - 11/30/2009 :  14:57:04  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
lol sorry tiller, i'll remember that from now on. schenn
Go to Top of Page

50brent
Top Prospect

Canada
62 Posts

Posted - 11/30/2009 :  15:08:56  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
ok i have to agree with sharksfan there is no way schenn should be up there, there is way more guys on defense that are all round better than him and have had a better start to the season. shcenn is supossed to be a shut down guy but if u have watched any hockey or any tsn, sportscentre etc. u would hopefully notice that he has not been playing well and in my opinion i dont think he should even be in the nhl right now. i could see schenn being on the team in maybe 5-10 years but not now.
Go to Top of Page

Alex116
PickupHockey Legend

6113 Posts

Posted - 11/30/2009 :  15:58:19  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Well said 50brent......

I agree with Sharksfan....there's no need for SCHENN (is that good tiller? ) on this list. If the poll had to do with making the team he wouldn't even belong. I've not once seen his name mentioned since the orientation camp as having even an outside chance of making this team. Couple that with a poor start to the season, and voila, he doesn't belong.

The only thing worse than him being on this list, is the three delierious Leaf fans who voted for him
Go to Top of Page

brentrock2
PickupHockey Pro

Canada
571 Posts

Posted - 12/01/2009 :  04:28:35  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Everyone happy NOW! I just took Luke Schenn off the list. Its getting into too much arguments over that guy.

HABS RULE!!
brentrock2

Edited by - brentrock2 on 12/01/2009 04:29:37
Go to Top of Page

Guest1756
( )

Posted - 12/01/2009 :  06:08:17  Reply with Quote
CRAP, NOW THERE'S NOTHING TO TALK ABOUT

Go to Top of Page

Guest2394
( )

Posted - 12/01/2009 :  11:05:07  Reply with Quote
Well Pronger is the biggest I think and can handle the puck well so yup, hes my pick.
Go to Top of Page

Canucks Man
PickupHockey Veteran

Canada
1547 Posts

Posted - 12/01/2009 :  12:32:12  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Scott Niedermeyer. Arguably Canda's best defenceman for the last 15 years. He has won basically everything you can win, World Jr's Memorial cup, world championship, Oylmpic goal and 4 yes thats right 4 Stanley Cups, I have saying for almost 4 years that we would have done much better last Oylmpics had he been able to play (Mccabe's a Bum!) and he will either be wearing the C or A on this team and our success will rely strongly on his play out there.

CANUCKS RULE!!!
Go to Top of Page

50brent
Top Prospect

Canada
62 Posts

Posted - 12/01/2009 :  15:07:30  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
hey im just wondering why chris phillips isnt up there. i no that is why theres the other selection but phillips is one of the best shutdown d man in the game right now, so i think he will definetley be considered for team canada.
Go to Top of Page

Guest9934
( )

Posted - 12/01/2009 :  18:17:53  Reply with Quote
pronger with neidermeyer
phanuf with burns
bouwmester with green

gives a good offensive player with good defence players and that leads to scoring on all lines with also good size.
Go to Top of Page

Guest9494
( )

Posted - 12/01/2009 :  22:34:22  Reply with Quote
pronger is the complete package
Go to Top of Page

Tiller33
PickupHockey Pro

389 Posts

Posted - 12/02/2009 :  07:30:06  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by brentrock2

Everyone happy NOW! I just took Luke Schenn off the list. Its getting into too much arguments over that guy.

HABS RULE!!
brentrock2

Almost there Brent Burns is still on the list ...

Go to Top of Page

Alex116
PickupHockey Legend

6113 Posts

Posted - 12/02/2009 :  08:27:25  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
LOL Tiller........ However, i do have to say that i've heard Burns' name mentioned in discussions as to having an outside shot at making the team. He's a really underrated guy as far as defensemen go. At least if he makes the team, one could argue that there's a slight possibility he ends up playing the best of our squad??? Longshot for sure.....

The poll itself is good now. If for no other reason than he took Schenn of which allows me to look at the list and not throw up in my mouth every time i saw votes for Schenn!!!
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page