Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Search
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?
 All Forums
 Hockey Forums
Allow Anonymous Posting forum... User Polls
 will toronto bounce back and make it to the playof Allow Anonymous Users Reply to This Topic...
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

C-mac19
Top Prospect

10 Posts

Posted - 12/09/2006 :  10:12:53  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Poll Question:
will toronto bounce back and make it to the playoffs?

Choices:

yes (tell me why)
No (tell me why)

Trevman12
Rookie

Canada
182 Posts

Posted - 12/09/2006 :  16:48:50  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I said no, because the need more skill, and they need to be more consistant.
Go to Top of Page

bablaboushka
PickupHockey Veteran

Canada
2417 Posts

Posted - 12/09/2006 :  19:26:06  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Took the words right out of my mouth.
Go to Top of Page

B-rett10
Rookie

Canada
186 Posts

Posted - 12/09/2006 :  23:17:04  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
They have no skill what so ever and they don't really have any depth in there lines
Go to Top of Page

Guest4640
( )

Posted - 12/10/2006 :  06:10:58  Reply with Quote
sudin.tucker mccabe and kaberle does not make a playoff team
Go to Top of Page

1 Crosby fan
PickupHockey Veteran

Canada
1454 Posts

Posted - 12/10/2006 :  15:57:09  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
They need LEADERSHIP
Go to Top of Page

1 Crosby fan
PickupHockey Veteran

Canada
1454 Posts

Posted - 12/10/2006 :  15:58:04  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
ADMIN EDIT:

You are the last person that should be criticizing a spelling mistake. Leave the moderating to the moderators.
Go to Top of Page

Guest1493
( )

Posted - 12/10/2006 :  17:31:35  Reply with Quote
nobody mispelled playoff what are you talking about what does that have to do with the leafs anyway.

everybody thinks sundin should be traded. what do you guys think.
Go to Top of Page

1 Crosby fan
PickupHockey Veteran

Canada
1454 Posts

Posted - 12/10/2006 :  17:44:18  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I think the Leafs should trade Sundin
Go to Top of Page

Kashmire
PickupHockey Pro

Canada
506 Posts

Posted - 12/10/2006 :  18:21:05  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
No way should we trade sundin. He is a very skilled forward and isn't very injury prone despite his recent one. He possesses great leadership skills, is great on the PK and PP and if we get rid of anybody we should get rid of that idiot Belak, I don't care how just if they did it I would respect Maurice much more. Maybe a multi player deal is something the leafs may be intrested in, if they can find one.
Yes I am a Torontonian leafs fan but what seperates me from the rest of us is that I know we suck...really, I do(also a sharks fan).
Go to Top of Page

bablaboushka
PickupHockey Veteran

Canada
2417 Posts

Posted - 12/10/2006 :  18:21:50  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by 1 Crosby fan

you spelled playof wrong it's playoff

Crosby fan, don't worry about correcting other people's spelling, I'll worry about it. But if I had to correct all the spelling mistakes in posts on this forum, I'd never sleep. But I will start to delete Polls that are misspelled, as stated in the rules. I've given enough warnings.

The reason it's playof in the title is because he exceeded the maximum Title length, so the "fs" that should be at the end must have gotten chopped off automatically.

Edited by - bablaboushka on 12/10/2006 18:22:57
Go to Top of Page

spearbelly
Top Prospect

Canada
98 Posts

Posted - 12/20/2006 :  00:49:18  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Kashmire

No way should we trade sundin. He is a very skilled forward and isn't very injury prone despite his recent one. He possesses great leadership skills, is great on the PK and PP and if we get rid of anybody we should get rid of that idiot Belak, I don't care how just if they did it I would respect Maurice much more. Maybe a multi player deal is something the leafs may be intrested in, if they can find one.
Yes I am a Torontonian leafs fan but what seperates me from the rest of us is that I know we suck...really, I do(also a sharks fan).

LOOK KASHMIRE.......You sound like a proud Leaf fan .Kudos to you.But, the TRUTH HURTS as we all know.For a very brief snippet of why Sundin should be traded,see my blah blah blah , in the " What Trade Would You Do" poll.......And for the TRUTH ,and nothing but the TRUTH,.....stay tuned for a yet to transpire RANT on the lovely and talented.(but immensely peripheral ).......SOUP BOY.
Go to Top of Page

semin-rules
PickupHockey Veteran

Canada
1915 Posts

Posted - 02/14/2007 :  17:10:07  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I dont know right now...they are playing really well latley. I no it is probobly just a lucky break for them but you never know....I put yes
But if they do, it will be just barley an they wont make it past the first round!

~~~~~GO STARS~~~~~
Go to Top of Page

Mikhailova
PickupHockey All-Star

USA
2918 Posts

Posted - 02/14/2007 :  17:50:22  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
No way will the Leafs wind up in the playoffs. Even if from wrinkle in the space-time continuum they do make it, they won't go far. They're too inconsistant and couldn't win enough games to progress, and they have no skill outside of Sundin. Too many old guys who can't do a whole lot; not enough solid players.
Go to Top of Page

Kashmire
PickupHockey Pro

Canada
506 Posts

Posted - 02/14/2007 :  18:32:28  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I have recentley changed my opinions about Belak. He hsa become a great enforcer and is such a team player. Something has changed in him. The team has had a pretty good month so far. I still think Sundin should stay, Tucker, however, is tradeable. We don't need him. I wish we would do some sort of multi-player deal involving Tucker and maybe McCabe.
Go to Top of Page

admin
Forum Admin

Canada
2337 Posts

Posted - 02/15/2007 :  11:30:08  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Kashmire

I have recentley changed my opinions about Belak. He hsa become a great enforcer and is such a team player. Something has changed in him. The team has had a pretty good month so far. I still think Sundin should stay, Tucker, however, is tradeable. We don't need him. I wish we would do some sort of multi-player deal involving Tucker and maybe McCabe.

I totally agree. The Leafs overpaid McCabe and in my opinion Kaberle is a far better defensemen. They do not want to get into the same situation with Tucker and overpay him as well.

As for Sundin, the guy is awesome. Trading him would be the first move in a major rebuild, but I also think they could rebuild with him. It might be in the Leafs best interest to do so. He would provide the leadership needed to build from scratch.
Go to Top of Page

Mikhailova
PickupHockey All-Star

USA
2918 Posts

Posted - 02/15/2007 :  13:46:27  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I bet these posters hang in the Leafs' locker room...

[img]http://vmaurin.free.fr/dotclear/images/mai2005/demotivators_1843_10709857.jpg[/img]

[img]http://images.despair.com/products/demotivators/humiliation.jpg[/img]

[img]http://images.despair.com/products/demotivators/futility.jpg[/img]

[img]http://images.despair.com/products/demotivators/losing.jpg[/img]

Edited by - Mikhailova on 02/15/2007 13:58:43
Go to Top of Page

Mikhailova
PickupHockey All-Star

USA
2918 Posts

Posted - 02/15/2007 :  14:00:02  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Trevman12

and they need to be more consistant

[img]http://images.despair.com/products/demotivators/consistency.jpg[/img]

quote:
Originally posted by B-rett10

They have no skill what so ever

[img]http://images.despair.com/products/demotivators/incompetence.jpg[/img]

quote:
Originally posted by 1 Crosby fan

They need LEADERSHIP

[img]http://images.despair.com/products/demotivators/leaders.jpg[/img]

Edited by - Mikhailova on 02/15/2007 14:07:26
Go to Top of Page

Saku Steen
PickupHockey Veteran

Canada
1102 Posts

Posted - 02/15/2007 :  14:22:38  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Those were great Mik!
Go to Top of Page

I HATE CROSBY
PickupHockey Pro

Canada
538 Posts

Posted - 02/15/2007 :  16:22:44  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I was listening to my favorite radio show yesturday (Pratt and Taylor), and they made a very nice point.....The Leafs probably have it tougher than any other team....All the teams that come to the acc are extra-pumped up to play the leafs...Most of them grew up watching the leafs on HNIC, and those who didn't probably Hated the Leafs as lads....Either way, there is extra motivation in playing the leafs...I mean, I don't think too many teams get that riled up to face Columbus....The leafs are always the hottest ticket.

I HATE CROSBY
Go to Top of Page

I HATE CROSBY
PickupHockey Pro

Canada
538 Posts

Posted - 02/15/2007 :  16:24:28  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I don't know why I keep hearing the words "Leafs" and "rebuild "together...They're young now, and are an up and coming team as far as I'm concerned.

I HATE CROSBY

Edited by - I HATE CROSBY on 02/15/2007 16:25:29
Go to Top of Page

Azeman
Top Prospect

Canada
36 Posts

Posted - 02/17/2007 :  06:40:47  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
i think if raycroft keeps on playing as good as he his, they might make it to the playoffs

GO WINGS GO!!!!
Go to Top of Page

jbraiter
PickupHockey Pro

577 Posts

Posted - 02/17/2007 :  07:48:31  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
They are not making the playoffs the leafs suck!

Go Canucks
Go to Top of Page

Patchy
PickupHockey Pro

Canada
529 Posts

Posted - 02/19/2007 :  21:30:47  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
It depends if we get all those injured players back, like wellwood, tucker and peca. That will make the big difference. The leafs are always injury prone and it's been hurting this year. (no pun intended)
As for trades go, i agree that sundin should definatly stay, get rid of tucker and mCcabe, and get some cap space for another big D-man.

~~Go Leafs Go~~
Go to Top of Page

I HATE CROSBY
PickupHockey Pro

Canada
538 Posts

Posted - 02/19/2007 :  23:42:36  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
You guys/girls can slam the leafs all you want, but I think the playoffs aren't the playoffs without the leafs, those 2 years when the leafs went deep (93 & 94) were so solid. and then that stretch from 99 til 2004 when they contended pretty well, the playoffs always seemed more entertaining....I'll even admit this, i like it when the nucks make playoffs too. to me, the playoffs are kind of dry without one of those 2 teams.....Last year, Other than the Buffalo Ottawa series, BORING (and that only went 5 games......but every game was great. weren't pretty much all of them 1 goal games?)........So i hope some of you anti-leafs out there can admit, it is fun to have them in the playoffs. I know Mik's a lost cause when it comes to Leaf support hahahah, but i think I can convert some of you to admitting they are entertaining AT LEAST.

I HATE CROSBY
Go to Top of Page

ci_1612
Top Prospect

Canada
17 Posts

Posted - 02/20/2007 :  04:07:14  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I too wish the leafs would trade McCabe now but they made the mistake of giving him a no trade clause and infinite years on the leafs basically and I think he wants to stay where he's not real old. And I'm pretty sure McCabe has more say on what happens to the leafs than most of our managment..But to the point of the poll they will get in the 8th spot but lose in 5 or 6 games against Buffalo

Chris Illsley
Go to Top of Page

Novie
PickupHockey Pro

Canada
452 Posts

Posted - 02/20/2007 :  13:58:50  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by I HATE CROSBY

Last year, Other than the Buffalo Ottawa series, BORING (and that only went 5 games......but every game was great. weren't pretty much all of them 1 goal games?)........

, but i think I can convert some of you to admitting they are entertaining AT LEAST.

I HATE CROSBY

I'm pretty sure they were all 1-goal games...even though there were 8 or 9 goals scored in some of them...

And I would agree, nothing is more entertaining than watching the Leafs play the "Prevent Defence" when they're up by a goal late in the game.

Step 1: Grab chicken
Step 2: Cut off head
Step 3: Watch the last 3 minutes of a 1-goal Leafs game

Go Sens
Crosby is God
Tucker is a douche

Edited by - Novie on 02/20/2007 13:59:17
Go to Top of Page

Mikhailova
PickupHockey All-Star

USA
2918 Posts

Posted - 02/20/2007 :  14:03:47  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:

I know Mik's a lost cause when it comes to Leaf support hahahah, but i think I can convert some of you to admitting they are entertaining AT LEAST.

Hahaha lol yeah I'll never be a Leafs fan, but I have to admit it is entertaining when a team I don't like makes it to the playoffs so I can cheer on the other team even more. It just makes it more fun...there's more anticipation for your team to win and you're more into it if you have a rival to trash talk. For example, in baseball I hate the Yankees, but I like it when they get to the World Series...it makes it more exciting to watch the games while cheering for the other team to beat the team you hate most. So if the Leafs got in the playoffs, I wouldn't mind it from that perspective, as long as they don't make it to the finals...the team there from the East better be the Sabres
Go to Top of Page

semin-rules
PickupHockey Veteran

Canada
1915 Posts

Posted - 02/20/2007 :  14:18:28  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Mikhailova

quote:

I know Mik's a lost cause when it comes to Leaf support hahahah, but i think I can convert some of you to admitting they are entertaining AT LEAST.

Hahaha lol yeah I'll never be a Leafs fan, but I have to admit it is entertaining when a team I don't like makes it to the playoffs so I can cheer on the other team even more. It just makes it more fun...there's more anticipation for your team to win and you're more into it if you have a rival to trash talk. For example, in baseball I hate the Yankees, but I like it when they get to the World Series...it makes it more exciting to watch the games while cheering for the other team to beat the team you hate most. So if the Leafs got in the playoffs, I wouldn't mind it from that perspective, as long as they don't make it to the finals...the team there from the East better be the Sabres

Yeeah me either because the fans get all excited that their team made it and then they lose (again) and they get dissapointed

But none of you have to worry because Dallas is taking it again!!!!!!

~~~~~GO STARS~~~~~
Go to Top of Page

goon
Rookie

Canada
113 Posts

Posted - 02/20/2007 :  14:36:31  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:

You guys/girls can slam the leafs all you want, but I think the playoffs aren't the playoffs without the leafs, those 2 years when the leafs went deep (93 & 94) were so solid. and then that stretch from 99 til 2004 when they contended pretty well, the playoffs always seemed more entertaining....I'll even admit this, i like it when the nucks make playoffs too. to me, the playoffs are kind of dry without one of those 2 teams.....Last year, Other than the Buffalo Ottawa series, BORING (and that only went 5 games......but every game was great. weren't pretty much all of them 1 goal games?)........So i hope some of you anti-leafs out there can admit, it is fun to have them in the playoffs. I know Mik's a lost cause when it comes to Leaf support hahahah, but i think I can convert some of you to admitting they are entertaining AT LEAST.

I HATE CROSBY

The Playoffs arent the Playoffs without the Leafs. I know that you cant seriously believe BS like that. If you do you are giving more reason for the rest of Canada to hate Toronto. If they do squeak in they will be done in the forst round. Raycroft is junk and other than Mats, who is going to carry that sorry excuse for a team?
Go to Top of Page

I HATE CROSBY
PickupHockey Pro

Canada
538 Posts

Posted - 02/20/2007 :  16:37:46  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by goon

The Playoffs arent the Playoffs without the Leafs. I know that you cant seriously believe BS like that. If you do you are giving more reason for the rest of Canada to hate Toronto. If they do squeak in they will be done in the forst round. Raycroft is junk and other than Mats, who is going to carry that sorry excuse for a team?

Oh you'd better belive I'm seroius!

I think calling the leafs "a sorry excuse for a team " is a bit of a hyperbole.
Although I hate the Yankees (Go Bo-Sox!!!), I totally agree with that comparisson...And Since I hate the Yankees, I can see why ppl hate the leafs, so i don't get too rattled when ppl slam them.....But a "sorry excuse"? Common, could you imagine the NHL w/o the leafs, what a sorry excuse for a league that would be.
i think the leafs could make some noise in the playoffs. suppose they finish 8th and play the sabres. well, the Leafs have been competive w/ them all season, and i strongly believe that Raycroft can outplay Miller if all the stars are aligned just right. The only team I don't think the leafs could beat is New Jersey, so let's cross our fingers the leafs finish 6th or 8th (or 1st hahahah) in the east. The leafs would destroy Hotlanta, and I'm saying (barring a visit to new jersey) the leafs could make it to the finals (I'm hoping that Carolina plays the devils in round 1 and wins!!!!!!). Of course, if the leafs had meet Ottawa, they'd win in a sweep. And if they play Pittsburgh, I'll be cheering so loud, I'll dstract Pittsburgh to the the point they forefit!

I HATE CROSBY

Edited by - I HATE CROSBY on 02/20/2007 16:39:35
Go to Top of Page

Mikhailova
PickupHockey All-Star

USA
2918 Posts

Posted - 02/20/2007 :  17:13:16  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:

Although I hate the Yankees

It's another miracle IHC, I agree with you again! LOL Down with the NY Yankees!

Actually, I think we can both agree that math is cool

Edited by - Mikhailova on 02/20/2007 17:27:25
Go to Top of Page

ultimatetitman
Rookie

Canada
244 Posts

Posted - 02/22/2007 :  14:22:20  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:

quote:
Originally posted by goon

Oh you'd better belive I'm seroius!

I think calling the leafs "a sorry excuse for a team " is a bit of a hyperbole.
Although I hate the Yankees (Go Bo-Sox!!!), I totally agree with that comparisson...And Since I hate the Yankees, I can see why ppl hate the leafs, so i don't get too rattled when ppl slam them.....But a "sorry excuse"? Common, could you imagine the NHL w/o the leafs, what a sorry excuse for a league that would be.
i think the leafs could make some noise in the playoffs. suppose they finish 8th and play the sabres. well, the Leafs have been competive w/ them all season, and i strongly believe that Raycroft can outplay Miller if all the stars are aligned just right. The only team I don't think the leafs could beat is New Jersey, so let's cross our fingers the leafs finish 6th or 8th (or 1st hahahah) in the east. The leafs would destroy Hotlanta, and I'm saying (barring a visit to new jersey) the leafs could make it to the finals (I'm hoping that Carolina plays the devils in round 1 and wins!!!!!!). Of course, if the leafs had meet Ottawa, they'd win in a sweep. And if they play Pittsburgh, I'll be cheering so loud, I'll dstract Pittsburgh to the the point they forefit!

I HATE CROSBY

See, here I will argue with you... hear me out. The Leafs are a "sorry excuse for a team", for one reason... they can't get their management issues sorted out. They either have a good GM and crappy coach, or, as is the case this year, a crappy GM and a good coach. It's been that way ever since Ballard gutted the team back in the 70's. Before that they were a storied franchise with a great history that was bested only by the Canadians and Yankees. (sorry!) It almost seems that they are more interested in being more a CBC soap opera than a bona fine Cup contender. The only stability they've really had in the past 40 years was from about '92-96 when Cliff Fletcher was the GM and Pat Burns was the coach, and they made it to the Conference Finals twice. Since then, and before then, what real success have they had? Of the 15 coaches they've had since '69, only 5 have had winning records, and one of those, Nick Beverly, only coached 17 games. This is NOT a class franchise.
Entertaining? Sure, it was kinda "entertaining" when Ballard stripped Sittler of the "C", or when Dumi... er.. Domi beat up a defenceless fan as he lie on his stomach after falling into the penalty box... but the NHL is not for teams looking to be entertaining. It's for players who want to win the Stanley Cup.
Correction... the Leafs are not a sorry team. After all, you can't really blame the players for this debacle. The Leafs are a "sorry excuse for a franchise".
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page