Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Search
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?
 All Forums
 Hockey Forums
Allow Anonymous Posting forum... User Polls
 Best fighter in the NHL. Allow Anonymous Users Reply to This Topic...
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Topic Locked
Previous Page | Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 3

freddyboy
Rookie

Canada
218 Posts

Posted - 10/29/2007 :  19:51:40  Show Profile
i voted for laraque but chara beats that guy kuci...chek it out

http://fr.youtube.com/watch?v=E_fUaFX0MRI

joe is a god, if u dont agree....i dont care

Edited by - freddyboy on 10/29/2007 19:52:35
Go to Top of Page

irvine
PickupHockey Veteran

Canada
1315 Posts

Posted - 11/07/2007 :  01:01:57  Show Profile
Yeah. Koci got owned in that fight.

Irvine
Go to Top of Page

MarkhamMax
Rookie

Canada
102 Posts

Posted - 11/07/2007 :  06:27:21  Show Profile
Vinnie Lecavalier for the win!

"Alfredsson is not Batman's butler's son."
Go to Top of Page

Guest4139
( )

Posted - 11/07/2007 :  07:48:18
hands down its jody shelley... playing for a team like columbus you dont really here about him but thefans cheer and chant his name almost every game... he still holds the single season record for most pm in the QMHL
Go to Top of Page

fly4apuckguy
PickupHockey Pro

Canada
834 Posts

Posted - 11/11/2007 :  10:15:37  Show Profile
When thining of whom I would least like to punch me in the face, I think Chara.

He's a monster. Those are other guys are great fighters, but you can't teach HUGE!
Go to Top of Page

Guest8672
( )

Posted - 11/11/2007 :  12:03:39
Eric Godard is definitely up there. I mean he beat down boogard and gave him a concussion in one fight, not many can do that.
Go to Top of Page

Guest8374
( )

Posted - 11/11/2007 :  13:02:48
what are you guys talking about. Eric Godard is the best fighter in the league. he has got the better of Boogard a couple of times.
Go to Top of Page

habshockey
Top Prospect

Canada
15 Posts

Posted - 11/11/2007 :  15:53:15  Show Profile
quote:
Originally posted by fly4apuckguy

When thining of whom I would least like to punch me in the face, I think Chara.

He's a monster. Those are other guys are great fighters, but you can't teach HUGE!

And when he beat up McCabe in a nice sens leafs game...

Chara is huge!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

losers since 67 will have to wait another year

Edited by - habshockey on 11/11/2007 15:53:43
Go to Top of Page

LeafsFan4Life
Top Prospect

Canada
65 Posts

Posted - 11/13/2007 :  12:05:25  Show Profile
I picked the laugh factor guy of lecaliver great fighter for the 2 or 3 fight hes been in

Long Live Hockey
Go to Top of Page

Guest9253
( )

Posted - 11/13/2007 :  13:37:36
Zdeno Chara

remember him rag-dolling brian mccabe? and earlier this year when the announcer said the boston guy chara was fighting was making a contribution to the red cross? I dont remember who it was on boston but blood was flowing...anybody with that hard a punch (probably coming from the armspan) cannot be counted out
Go to Top of Page

Guest8439
( )

Posted - 12/26/2007 :  22:36:54
if u dont live in philadelphia or now chicago u might not know him but Ben Egan beat Laraque and put a hit on boogy and boogy did nothing and it was a ill take u hit tht put in in the box for 5
Go to Top of Page

irvine
PickupHockey Veteran

Canada
1315 Posts

Posted - 12/26/2007 :  23:34:15  Show Profile
quote:
Originally posted by Guest8439

if u dont live in philadelphia or now chicago u might not know him but Ben Egan beat Laraque and put a hit on boogy and boogy did nothing and it was a ill take u hit tht put in in the box for 5

I have looked, but I can not find a video of Egan and Laraque even fighting. Can you please provide me a video?

Because, I am highly doubting Laraque lost a fight. It's fairly well known, he's considered the undisputed/unbeaten heavyweight in the NHL.

Even though, I prefer Chara. :P

Irvine
Go to Top of Page

MSC
PickupHockey Pro

Canada
601 Posts

Posted - 12/27/2007 :  00:11:07  Show Profile
He's not the best fighter but there's no one in the league I like watching fight more then George Parros. The guy just looks like he's having fun every time he drops the gloves. I don't know if it's the greasy hair or perv moustache but I could watch that guy fight all day.
Go to Top of Page

Guest4912
( )

Posted - 01/16/2008 :  12:18:18
used to be eric lindros beat mc sorly and a handfull of others also broke thortons jaw hes a killer
Go to Top of Page

Guest8884
( )

Posted - 01/16/2008 :  13:22:36
fedorick had his face pummelled twice last year so i dont think he should be in there. Although hes not known as a fighter i dont recall Chara ever losing a fight so i gota give my vote to him.
Go to Top of Page

leigh

Canada
1755 Posts

Posted - 01/16/2008 :  13:50:17  Show Profile
It's Ben Eager (not Egan) He is a good fighter but 41 year old Gary Roberts tuned him back in December

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=llWnBfoRfwQ
Go to Top of Page

hockster
PickupHockey Pro

Canada
437 Posts

Posted - 01/16/2008 :  18:54:28  Show Profile
eric godard
Go to Top of Page

Bozy
Top Prospect

Canada
33 Posts

Posted - 08/13/2008 :  07:25:21  Show Profile
Wheres Chris Neil
Go to Top of Page

Axey
PickupHockey Pro

Canada
877 Posts

Posted - 08/13/2008 :  08:42:32  Show Profile
quote:
Originally posted by Guest8884

fedorick had his face pummelled twice last year so i dont think he should be in there. Although hes not known as a fighter i dont recall Chara ever losing a fight so i gota give my vote to him.

Chara got cleaned by peter worrell, and he wouldnt even fight laraque he had to wrestle with him, chara isnt even a fighter hes a wrestler
Go to Top of Page

clickster
Top Prospect

8 Posts

Posted - 09/25/2008 :  14:38:31  Show Profile
i go with georges. he is a beauty
Go to Top of Page

Beans15

Canada
8286 Posts

Posted - 09/25/2008 :  15:13:59  Show Profile
The this with Laraques is that he is missing that little something. I listen to Sports Radio in Edmonton(excellent by the way) and they have Big Georges on there often. He even admits it.

His problem is that he doesn't have the mean streak. He doesn't go picking fights. He'll fight anyone, but he rarely if ever starts the fight. He is easily the best defender of a star player in the league, but he won't go after anyone.

Above this, and what Georges openly admits, is that he doesn't have the killer instinct. What I mean by that is that he won't beat a guy down. Look at the best ever (Dave Brown, Semenko, Probert, etc) and they would beat the guy so bad that they wouldn't ever want a piece of that again. Even guys like Wendall Clark, Mark Messier, and Gordie Howe. Maybe not the best fighters, but when they did get a piece of someone, it was a really big piece.

Georges doesn't have that. In regards to enforcers, he wouldn't be my first choice. Not because he would lose fights, actually, he wins most of his fights. But his job as an enforcer is not only to fight when someone wants him to, but to start fights, and finish them with angst.

Go to Top of Page

Guest4803
( )

Posted - 09/25/2008 :  16:36:57
Nathan Mciver , kid fights anyone anytime...dont think hes played an nhl game without dropping the ole mitts.
Go to Top of Page

clickster
Top Prospect

8 Posts

Posted - 09/25/2008 :  17:57:25  Show Profile
quote:
Originally posted by Beans15

The this with Laraques is that he is missing that little something. I listen to Sports Radio in Edmonton(excellent by the way) and they have Big Georges on there often. He even admits it.

His problem is that he doesn't have the mean streak. He doesn't go picking fights. He'll fight anyone, but he rarely if ever starts the fight. He is easily the best defender of a star player in the league, but he won't go after anyone.

Above this, and what Georges openly admits, is that he doesn't have the killer instinct. What I mean by that is that he won't beat a guy down. Look at the best ever (Dave Brown, Semenko, Probert, etc) and they would beat the guy so bad that they wouldn't ever want a piece of that again. Even guys like Wendall Clark, Mark Messier, and Gordie Howe. Maybe not the best fighters, but when they did get a piece of someone, it was a really big piece.

Georges doesn't have that. In regards to enforcers, he wouldn't be my first choice. Not because he would lose fights, actually, he wins most of his fights. But his job as an enforcer is not only to fight when someone wants him to, but to start fights, and finish them with angst.

too bad it isnt an enforcer poll. it is a who is the best fighter poll. when it comes to being an enforcer georges isn't a real mean enforcer, you are right. but when it comes to dropping the mitts, he doesn't lose. so back to the poll question, who is the best fighter? (not enforcer)
Go to Top of Page

Beans15

Canada
8286 Posts

Posted - 09/25/2008 :  19:19:11  Show Profile
I never argued that he wins most of the fights he is in. Yet, so does Chara. In fact, I don't think I have ever watched Chara lose. Does that make him the best?? I don't think so. If a guy only fights a couple of times a year, does that mean he is the best fighter??

I look at guys like Jared Boll, Riley Cote, and George Parros. Boll fought almost twice as often as Laraque did.

Honestly, I look at a guy like Parros as one of the best if not the best. Not only does he drop them all the time, he's mean as hell. It's almost like he enjoys beating people.

I know the league is different now than it was before, but there is no one in the league the likes of Dave Brown or Bob Probert. Dave Brown was absolutely mean. There was no other way to say it. In fact, speaking about the radio show I listen to. Last time Laraque was on, he talked about a pre-season game he was in when he was coming up. He said it was later in the game and he was sent out in a situation that would have called for a fight. He lined up beside Dave Brown and Georges said, without any shame, that he was scared. For a guys who is 6'3" and 245 lbs with hands like cinder blocks to be scared tells you what kind of fighter Dave Brown was.

What ever happened to old time hockey????

I digress.

George Parros is the best fighter in the league based on the amount he fights, the amount he wins, and the joy he appears to have in the role he is in.
Go to Top of Page

clickster
Top Prospect

8 Posts

Posted - 09/26/2008 :  08:19:58  Show Profile
good call on parros. i had him as my goon last year. great stache too.
Go to Top of Page

clickster
Top Prospect

8 Posts

Posted - 09/26/2008 :  08:20:36  Show Profile
i still think laraque would beat him if they went toe to toe though
Go to Top of Page

Guest0471
( )

Posted - 09/28/2008 :  09:41:14
Boogard may be big but he isn't the greatest fighter so this is how I put it in order.

Laraque
Chara
Boogard
Go to Top of Page

Guest4856
( )

Posted - 10/02/2008 :  04:16:01
boogard may be a tank but he cant take a punch and still be an animal. hands down laraque overall as a fighter is the best current fighter in the nhl.
Go to Top of Page

Axey
PickupHockey Pro

Canada
877 Posts

Posted - 10/02/2008 :  07:18:16  Show Profile
Chara got owned by Peter Worrell, youtube it. Awesome fights. 3 times they fought.

Chicago Blackhawks GM

Jesus didn't tap.
Go to Top of Page

Guest4595
( )

Posted - 10/19/2008 :  14:13:57
jordan tootoo is the best in my opinion.
Go to Top of Page

Canucks Man
PickupHockey Veteran

Canada
1547 Posts

Posted - 10/19/2008 :  14:41:29  Show Profile
Rick Rypien on the Canucks is probably the best lightwieght fighter, he doesnt fight the heavyweights but ive never seen him lose a fight, and he's been in many.

CANUCKS RULE!!!
Go to Top of Page

Leafsfan_94
PickupHockey Veteran

Canada
1070 Posts

Posted - 10/19/2008 :  19:37:36  Show Profile
well id say chara is the best but i mean hes so strong and he can wrestle people down with ease. but if it wasnt a hockeyfight, and there was no wrestling allowed laraque could kick his ass. belak is also a good fighter along with cam janssen and colton orr.

Leafsfan_94

Go to Top of Page

Guest6001
( )

Posted - 10/20/2008 :  04:52:22
Ray Emry
Go to Top of Page

Guest6558
( )

Posted - 10/20/2008 :  08:27:54
Daniel Carcillo
Go to Top of Page

Guest9648
( )

Posted - 10/20/2008 :  16:58:00
When Iginla dose fight he is right up their, any one see that fight against mitchell where he ducked the punch and came back with the left hook to knock him on his ass
Go to Top of Page

Guest6122
( )

Posted - 10/20/2008 :  17:54:50
the new guy the Oilers picked up, Steve Macintyre
Go to Top of Page

Canucks Man
PickupHockey Veteran

Canada
1547 Posts

Posted - 10/20/2008 :  21:00:05  Show Profile
quote:
Originally posted by Guest6122

the new guy the Oilers picked up, Steve Macintyre

Yeah Great fighter, he beat up Prust who is 70 pounds lighter.

CANUCKS RULE!!!
Go to Top of Page

brentrock2
PickupHockey Pro

Canada
571 Posts

Posted - 10/21/2008 :  14:51:33  Show Profile
I believe it is Chara he is like so big and nobody can like push him down he would just make them fall down.
Go to Top of Page

Axey
PickupHockey Pro

Canada
877 Posts

Posted - 10/21/2008 :  18:56:29  Show Profile
Laraque is sickkk lol hands down

Chicago Blackhawks GM

Jesus didn't tap.
Go to Top of Page

Guest9795
( )

Posted - 11/21/2008 :  13:28:56
Carcillo is very entertaining to watch as well, hes had some great fights ..... Laraque is the man tho
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 3 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Topic Locked
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page