Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?
 All Forums
 Hockey Forums
Allow Anonymous Posting forum... General Hockey Chat
 Why we need the challenge rule

NOTICE!! This forum allows Anonymous Posting.
 Registered members please login above or input your User Name/Password before submitting!
Screensize:
Authority:  UserName:  Password:  (Member Only !)
  * Anonymous Posting please leave it blank. your temporary AnonyID is
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert Email Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

Check here to include your profile signature. (Member Only !)

T O P I C    R E V I E W
sahis34 Posted - 05/17/2013 : 08:11:45
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bdkN2bEGc70

The kings go on to score two power play goals and win the game after the puck clearly hits Jeff carter. That bogus penalty probably cost san jose the game.
40   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
Alex116 Posted - 05/30/2013 : 16:50:22
Beans....enjoy the golf weekend!

Anyone notice how close the Seabrook winner was to being offside??? Can't recall the Hawk on the boards, but in the replay, i used my pvr to slo-mo it (frame by frame) and that Hawk on the boards is millimeters from being offside! It was so close, i'm surprised Detroit wasn't complaining even, though i didn't see or hear anything from their bench at that point? You'd have to slow it down to realize just how close the play was, but the zebra got this one right!

I'm not the least bit surprised however that Detroit and their fans were a little upset with the Bolland hit that led to the goal. It was borderline at best and would have been called in a lot of situations. Again, it leads back to the "put the whistle away" mentality, something i don't like.

The radio was alive today with discussions of how to make ref's more accountable and how the league needs to have them call the game the same way no matter the situation. If it puts a team two men down, so be it! If it's in the last minute, so be it. If it's a penalty, it has to be called!!! That tackle by Quincey should have been a delayed penalty call and the play should have continued and allowed Hjarmlsson (sp?) to be the hero!!! Take the NFL as a prime example. 99% of the time, calls are made the same throughout a game, INCLUDING pass interference on final drives and even final plays, which can often lead to 1st and goal at the 1 yard line!!! NHL needs to man up and get on board with a penalty being a penalty regardless of "when"......
Beans15 Posted - 05/29/2013 : 20:39:14
I'm heading out on a golf trip tomorrow and won't be back for a week so I wanted to throw down before the masses used tonight's call as an example of how a challenge would have or could have been used.

Bottom line, right call or wrong, the whistle was blown. Even a challenge does not make this play a goal. Personally, I don't see how Saad gets a penalty on the play but the fact remains the same. The whistle was blown. So even I a challenge system the best case would have been a penalty for Detroit putting Chicago on a PP.

But it would not have made the goal stand in any way.

Ok, see ya. Hitting the links.

Ottawa, the best coached team in the NHL, with MVP like players such as Chris Neil, will win the Cup in 2013!

Alex116 Posted - 05/29/2013 : 17:53:32
quote:
Originally posted by OILINONTARIO

quote:
[i] there's no debating whether or not a puck hit another player or the glass before leaving the ice

Tell that to Sahis.

The Oil WILL make the playoffs in 2014.

Well put Oil, well put!

I guess what i meant was, 99% of the time, this call can be confirmed and as other replay rulings go, there would obviously have to be "conclusive evidence" in making these calls under review!
OILINONTARIO Posted - 05/29/2013 : 14:44:21
quote:
[i] there's no debating whether or not a puck hit another player or the glass before leaving the ice

Tell that to Sahis.

The Oil WILL make the playoffs in 2014.
Alex116 Posted -&nb