Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?
 All Forums
 Hockey Forums
Allow Anonymous Posting forum... General Hockey Chat
 Definition of Loser by Willus and Beans

NOTICE!! This forum allows Anonymous Posting.
 Registered members please login above or input your User Name/Password before submitting!
Screensize:
Authority:  UserName:  Password:  (Member Only !)
  * Anonymous Posting please leave it blank. your temporary AnonyID is
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert Email Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

Check here to include your profile signature. (Member Only !)

T O P I C    R E V I E W
Guest9808 Posted - 05/14/2013 : 10:13:02
Here it is folks. I present you with the winner of the loser cup Alex Ovechkin.
http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/story/?id=423143
8   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
nuxfan Posted - 06/04/2013 : 08:58:59
quote:
Originally posted by Guest9808

This is after the first two crushing loses to the Bruins. See the difference between what winners say and losers say?

“We don’t sit here and accept that," Crosby said. "We know we’re looked upon to score and produce. I’m not going to sit here and make any excuses. We have to be better. That’s the bottom line."

“I don’t think anybody in our room is happy with the first two games, the way we’ve played all the way through it as individuals and as a team,” Iginla said. “We all know we have to be better. I had a tough couple of games, and I’m gonna throw that out and find a way to be effective and be better going forward, and I think that’s everybody in our room’s mentality."

They might lose the series but they are not losers.

There was no excuse for game 2 other than themselves. However after game 1:

- complaints about the start times for the games being 8pm instead of 7 or 7:30
- complaints about the referees being "inconsistent"

http://www.post-gazette.com/stories/sports/penguins/penguins-notebook-adapting-to-strange-start-time-not-issue-690301/

I don't hear anything from the Pens that is different from any other team in the NHL, its standard post-game information:

- we weren't happy with <insert list of subtle gripes here, with the hope that refs/NHL office/schedulers/press will pick up on it and adjust>
- but, we can't blame any of that for our loss, we have to be better/more consistent/find ways to win, and forget about what happened before. Only thinking about next game.

Guest9808 Posted - 06/04/2013 : 06:01:47
This is after the first two crushing loses to the Bruins. See the difference between what winners say and losers say?

“We don’t sit here and accept that," Crosby said. "We know we’re looked upon to score and produce. I’m not going to sit here and make any excuses. We have to be better. That’s the bottom line."

“I don’t think anybody in our room is happy with the first two games, the way we’ve played all the way through it as individuals and as a team,” Iginla said. “We all know we have to be better. I had a tough couple of games, and I’m gonna throw that out and find a way to be effective and be better going forward, and I think that’s everybody in our room’s mentality."

They might lose the series but they are not losers.
n/a Posted - 05/15/2013 : 05:36:02
The reffing WAS terrible in the series, and overall, I totally agree with Ovechkin on the officiating. But that is not the point.

The point is that, saying this and talking about it, instead of manning up and being "big" about it . . . makes you a loser in everyone's eyes no matter which way you cut it.

If Ovie had the brains and true leadership qualities of a stand-up guy, he would have said, "I have to first look at myself before blaming the refs or hot goaltendng or dirty plays . . . and I could have been a lot better, period. If I am playing the way I know I can, I think this series would have gone a different way."

Even if the sour grapes are legitimate - which they are in this case - you have to take ownership of your own actions first.

"Take off, eh?" - Bob and Doug
Beans15 Posted - 05/14/2013 : 17:22:24
Winners overcome adversity. Losers use it as a crutch.

The definition of a winner is not always winning. It's not make excuses for losing. Ovie was legitimately one of the best players in the NHL this season and Washington is likely not in the playoffs without him. Then, he completely disappeared in the playoffs with just a goal and an assist in 7 games.

Maybe Ovechkin should talk about himself being better before worrying about the refs.

Loser

Ottawa, the best coached team in the NHL, with MVP like players such as Chris Neil, will win the Cup in 2013!

Guest5052 Posted - 05/14/2013 : 14:30:38
Its not admirable when an athlete blames their failure on anyone but themselves. But at the same time, in light of that culture I sometimes admire when a player stands up and says the unpopular thing. Shane Doan did it last year.

In truth I didnt see much of the series so I cant comment substantively on that, but there are games that the officials officiate poorly and the outcome is effected. On egame in a series matters and one or two bad calls in a game matters.

If Ovie genuinely believes that, then isnt he right to voice it, even if that makes him less popular?

...now im not saying that there was any conspiracy here, but if he believes the officials let the game down by not meeting a certain standard, isnt he entitled to say so?

The Duke Posted - 05/14/2013 : 12:28:49
Nice one Alex but OV is going to Toronto.......wait and see

After Luongo goes to Toronto......

Diffrent deal of course.....
OV to the leafs,,,,,plus some tinkering

Gardiner...Reimer....Graboski to wash

Some1`s got to start a rumor
JOSHUACANADA Posted - 05/14/2013 : 11:46:53
I think the Vancouver players of the trade would be onboard.

"I now realise that the Toronto Maple Leafs, Canada's finest hockey team, is better than the Ottawa Senators - and always will be. PS - LOVE that Dion Phaneuf! "
Alex116 Posted - 05/14/2013 : 11:32:27
So, Luongo, Raymond, Edler and Ballard to Washington

For....

OV?

Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page