Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?
 All Forums
 Hockey Forums
Allow Anonymous Posting forum... User Polls
 Stanley Cup Championship 2007

NOTICE!! This forum allows Anonymous Posting.
 Registered members please login above or input your User Name/Password before submitting!
Screensize:
Authority:  UserName:  Password:  (Member Only !)
  * Anonymous Posting please leave it blank. your temporary AnonyID is
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert Email Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

Check here to include your profile signature. (Member Only !)

T O P I C    R E V I E W
semin-rules Posted - 05/22/2007 : 20:42:37
It has been decided. The Ottawa Senators and the Anaheim Ducks will face off for the Stanley Cup! My question for you is....

Who is taking Lord Stanley home?
40   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
stastnysforever Posted - 06/06/2007 : 20:34:18
I was cheering for anaheim because of my hockey pool

what do Calgary and a tea bag have in common- they're both only good for one cup
Mikhailova Posted - 06/06/2007 : 20:26:49
No more "more Canadian" business now, the Cup is on California ice.

The Ducks fought "through the perilous fight" and confetti was "gallantly streaming".
Mikhailova Posted - 06/05/2007 : 07:33:16
Well some are Leafs fans...that's WHY they're not cheering for Ottawa.

And I think, for some Canadian fans, the goal is not to cheer for the team with the most Canadian players all year, they cheer for their home team (Habs, Canucks, etc), and if their home team was in the playoffs or finals they'd still cheer for them. However, if their home team gets kicked out, their second choice is to cheer for the team with most Canadian players. Some see it as more important that a Canadian town gets a Cup on its record, others see it as more important that more Canadian players get their name on the Cup.
framer87 Posted - 06/04/2007 : 18:15:12
quote:
Originally posted by OILINONTARIO

To all those Canadian hockey fans that are supporting the Ducks, with the rationalization that they have more Canadian born players than the Sens do, so they are truly Canada's team, I would like to congratulate you for having supported the Ducks all season long for this very same reason. You HAVE been cheering for the Ducks for the past year, haven't you? No? But, they have more Canadian players than any other team in the league! You certainly couldn't support the Leafs or the Habs or the Canucks! That would be hypocritical. Bring it home, Sens!

Great Post, I agree 100%
OILINONTARIO Posted - 06/04/2007 : 14:32:07
To all those Canadian hockey fans that are supporting the Ducks, with the rationalization that they have more Canadian born players than the Sens do, so they are truly Canada's team, I would like to congratulate you for having supported the Ducks all season long for this very same reason. You HAVE been cheering for the Ducks for the past year, haven't you? No? But, they have more Canadian players than any other team in the league! You certainly couldn't support the Leafs or the Habs or the Canucks! That would be hypocritical. Bring it home, Sens!
Mikhailova Posted - 06/04/2007 : 14:09:39
quote:
Originally posted by Guest2967

Now that Ottawa has their legs back after the longest layover yet Anaheim is in trouble. Ottawa knows they can win and it's going to be 3 straight to win it in front of the Ottawa fans who deserve it.

They got their legs back because Pronger was a moron and scored in his own net and the ref called in Ottawa's favor, that was a matter of luck. It wasn't entirely on force. Having said that, Ottawa does want to get back in this and they will play hard. With Pronger suspended, Anaheim is indeed in trouble. I doubt the Sens will win both the next two, even without Pronger the Ducks are strong, but we'll just have to wait and see.
Guest2967 Posted - 06/04/2007 : 12:42:24
I've never understood why TO fans hate Ottawa... besides everyone from TO thinking they live in the centre of the universe.

Maybe if Toronto actually made a final or *gasp* won a Stanley cup in modern times there could be a rivalry.

Oh well, I guess Toronto fans' lot in life is to cheer for a perennial loser.... which goes further to explain their bitterness than anything.

Now that Ottawa has their legs back after the longest layover yet Anaheim is in trouble. Ottawa knows they can win and it's going to be 3 straight to win it in front of the Ottawa fans who deserve it.
Guest6681 Posted - 06/04/2007 : 07:19:21
Someone forgot to tell Ottawa that they're weren't suppose to be in this series anymore....Go Sens.
Pronger is an idiot and should be suspended for remainder of season.
What a great series so far - I really think Ottawa is going to win this series - but I guess they have to win tonight , but if they can pull it off tonight, I think they'll win in 7
Mikhailova Posted - 06/01/2007 : 18:55:22
Sorry about that admin. I just thought "bombing for no reason" was a little harsh, I didn't want that image to stand. But you're right, it's off topic and doesn't belong here. Sorry.

So to get back on topic, the Senators have a pretty good home record, and I saw a poll on NHL.com asking how many of the Sens' home games would they win; 1, 2, or none. What do you all think? I'm thinking maybe they'll win the next one because they want to get back in the series and they'll have the support of their home fans, but I don't think they can hold up against the Ducks long enough. Anaheim's just too strong. Ottawa's big line of Spezza-Heatley-Alfie hasn't been performing up to par. I don't think the home fans cheering behind them will be enough to tie the series, they need to play better. I'm predicting it'll be 3-1 after the Ottawa games. Then the Ducks will win it back at home.
admin Posted - 05/31/2007 : 15:17:43
Ease up on the Canadian/American bashing folks. And there is no need to bring terrorism and foreign policy into the Stanley Cup finals. Further inapproriate posts will be tossed. Thanks!
SlowShot Posted - 05/30/2007 : 20:06:47
quote:
Originally posted by Mikhailova

The winner of the Cup deserves it, regardless of what city it's in, because they played well and won it. Enough about "Americans don't watch it you don't deserve it" because without our market there'd hardly be an NHL, so quit complaining.

P.S. Who says bombing terrorists is 'no reason'? That Yugoslavia business was no reason, Clinton's an @sshole, but other than that, you weren't attacked by terrorists so what room do you have to complain about our foreign policy?

That being said, Guest that was a ridiculous comment and you know it's not true. Canadians are not what you described at all. Geez where are the moderators??

I love clinton. But anyways aneheim is gona sweep them 4 games becuase aneheims checking line is now scoring and ottawa can't move the puck past the blue line without losing it.

GO DUCKS. YAY GIANTS
Mikhailova Posted - 05/30/2007 : 19:59:55
quote:
Originally posted by Guest7025

I'd rather see an american team with lots of canadian players on it win than a canadian team with a bunch of european players on it. Plus they're rivals to Toronto.

See, that's the thing Canadians. Would you rather have more Canadian players have their names on the Cup or have it known that a Canadian town has a Cup on their record that was partially won by several European players? (It was Alfredsson who GOT them to the finals anyway). Anaheim may get to say it has a Cup on its record, but it was won primarily by Canadians. Keep that in mind.
Guest7025 Posted - 05/30/2007 : 17:49:00
Although i'm canadian, GO DUCKS GO! They have more candian players on their team anyway. I'd rather see an american team with lots of canadian players on it win than a canadian team with a bunch of european players on it. Plus they're rivals to Toronto.

I know they didn't make it this year, but GO LEAFS GO!
Mikhailova Posted - 05/30/2007 : 17:24:57
The winner of the Cup deserves it, regardless of what city it's in, because they played well and won it. Enough about "Americans don't watch it you don't deserve it" because without our market there'd hardly be an NHL, so quit complaining.

P.S. Who says bombing terrorists is 'no reason'? That Yugoslavia business was no reason, Clinton's an @sshole, but other than that, you weren't attacked by terrorists so what room do you have to complain about our foreign policy?

That being said, Guest that was a ridiculous comment and you know it's not true. Canadians are not what you described at all. Geez where are the moderators??
framer87 Posted - 05/30/2007 : 17:16:55
quote:
Originally posted by Guest0257

You guys who are cheering for ottawa are a disgrace to the world
it woud be a joke for the stanley cup to go to a canadian team, that would be class a BULLs***!!!!! ehh????
canada is just the worst country in the world eh? HAHAHAHAHAHAthey live in igloos and have sex with beavers, the ANIMALS!!!!!1
All im saying is that the NHL should never allow the cup to be in a canadian city

Your a ****ing idiot. Canada is way better or a hockey country then the U.S.A. WE could kill their hockey team in olymoics and almost nobody in the states watches hockey. So more like it would be a joke for the cup to go to a American city because they don't deserve it.

PS.Atleast we don't bomb people for no reason
Guest0257 Posted - 05/30/2007 : 15:47:03
You guys who are cheering for ottawa are a disgrace to the world
it woud be a joke for the stanley cup to go to a canadian team, that would be class a BULLs***!!!!! ehh????
canada is just the worst country in the world eh? HAHAHAHAHAHAthey live in igloos and have sex with beavers, the ANIMALS!!!!!1
All im saying is that the NHL should never allow the cup to be in a canadian city
manninm Posted - 05/30/2007 : 13:17:34
As I anticipated, Anaheim dominated 5-5 play in game 1, and, unless something strange happens, this will continue. The fact is Anaheim is the total package - speed, finesse and power (something the sabes ultimately lacked). If they can stay out of the box, Anaheim will win this series easily.

Because the demands on a goalie are mostly mental, it means that for a goalie, the biggest enemy is himself." ~Ken Dryden
Guest7023 Posted - 05/30/2007 : 12:35:03
Although I'm Canadian, GO DUCKS GO! They have more Canadian players on their team than Ottawa does and in my mind that's more Canadian than a team with mostly European players.
SlowShot Posted - 05/28/2007 : 20:19:40
Looks like the Sens JUST LOST. YAY GO ANEHEIM [:o)

GO DUCKS. YAY GIANTS
Guest1603 Posted - 05/28/2007 : 10:05:13
quote:
Originally posted by Mikhailova

No they wouldn't...ehr means "honor" in German. That's the last thing a politician would say

Gave german a shot when I was younger, couldn´t stand all that grammar they use though

And just to stay on topic:
Go Senators!
SlowShot Posted - 05/27/2007 : 21:35:50
cool but i just have to big of a hatred (brought up in toronto) and all my family die heart leaf fans (brother had tears in his eyes when gretzky screwed the leafs) i just couldn't like them. But ya if I didn't grow in toronto i wouldn't probably hate the sens the same

Fool me once shame on you fool me twice shame on me :)
I HATE CROSBY Posted - 05/27/2007 : 19:17:01
quote:
Originally posted by SlowShot

How do you like one of Torontos most hated rivals?

[/quote]

I started liking Toronto when Ottawa was some joke expansion team (even earlier). I like the sens for the players. I prefer the roster on the sens way more than that of the leafs. But old loves die slow. So I still call the leafs my favorite (Even if they don't have many players I like).

Sugar Ray over Hasek any day!
stastnysforever Posted - 05/27/2007 : 19:15:10
I want anaheim to win it in 7, that'd mean three times in a row a canadian team would get to game 7 and barely lose it, then next year it'll be toronto and colorado in the finals and colorado will win

what do Calgary and a tea bag have in common- they're both only good for one cup
SlowShot Posted - 05/27/2007 : 16:26:48
quote:
Originally posted by I HATE CROSBY

The Sens are my #2 team, behind Toronto (ya it is possible to like both teams). So I am cheering for the Sens obviously. I like the Ducks (Sans Burke...It's like, give those thumbs up a break buddy). But either way, a good group of guys will win.
one thing that's gotta be said is that neither team has any momentum....Why they didn't start the finals on Saturday is beyond me.

No Prediction for me: this matchup is like the world series. I mean, these teams never play each other, and Maggie the monkey would probably make a wiser pick than me.

How do you like one of Torontos most hated rivals?

Guest7604 Posted - 05/27/2007 : 15:49:01
Canada Made this game Canada Keeps The Cup. Ottawa Get ready to celebrate
I HATE CROSBY Posted - 05/27/2007 : 11:51:20
The Sens are my #2 team, behind Toronto (ya it is possible to like both teams). So I am cheering for the Sens obviously. I like the Ducks (Sans Burke...It's like, give those thumbs up a break buddy). But either way, a good group of guys will win.
one thing that's gotta be said is that neither team has any momentum....Why they didn't start the finals on Saturday is beyond me.

No Prediction for me: this matchup is like the world series. I mean, these teams never play each other, and Maggie the monkey would probably make a wiser pick than me.

Mikhailova Posted - 05/27/2007 : 07:27:02
quote:
Originally posted by Guest0441

IT IS OTTAWA'S TIME!!

To lose.

They won't have played for over a week by the time the finals start. Just because they played well in the conference finals doesn't mean they're guaranteed to play that well in the next round. But you never know, they might turn out to do really well, we'll just have to see how it turns out. But I'm still for Anaheim.
Guest0441 Posted - 05/26/2007 : 18:50:41
it is ottawa's time. i have nothing against anahiem but the way ottawa has been playing is unreal. the big 3 of the sens have been on fire and leading the way is alfredsson. alfredsson sets the tone of the game for ottawa and the team respondes to it instantly. IT IS OTTAWA'S TIME!!
Guest4187 Posted - 05/26/2007 : 13:37:49

in response to,

Psh, the Sens won't win it... ANAHEIM ALL THE WAY (I've had to change my allegiance every round thanks to annoying upsets... see: Nashville, Vancouver, Buffalo)

i have to say that ur probably making the wrong choice if all the other choices you had got screwed up and kicked out so what makes you so sure you'll be right this time huh?
tyler (12 yr old hockey fanatic)

PS. go sens even though i like the leafs canadian teams are always better it doesnt matter if everyone is american their hometown is still OTOWA(it think i spelt OTOWA wrong, oh well)
Guest4187 Posted - 05/26/2007 : 13:16:21
quote:
Originally posted by semin-rules

It has been decided. The Ottawa Senators and the Anaheim Ducks will face off for the Stanley Cup! My question for you is....

Who is taking Lord Stanley home?

its duck hunting season!!!!!!!!!! yeah!!
andyhack Posted - 05/26/2007 : 07:40:45
quote:
Originally posted by Guest4150

This is why Leaf fans are known to know nothing about hockey. You choose an American team over that of a Canadian one. And you cheer for the leafs enough said.

The above was in response to Slowshot's "GO ANEHEIM!!! As a leafer i grew up hating ottawa"

As a Canadian who has cheered for an American team the last 30 years or so, I say to Slowhot, I totally understand where you are coming from here! A Leaf fan might not like Ottawa. It's natural. I am different and am cheering for Ottawa (though the Leafs are my second favorite team), but I certainly know that I would NEVER cheer for the Habs in a series even if the opponent were the combined forces of all the guys always trying to kill Jack Bauer on 24!

The "You GOTTA cheer for a Canadian team" line is just B.S. The negative "Toronto and Leafs fans suck" line (in response to a guy who was simply saying he is cheering for Anaheim cause he is a Leafs fan) is just crap (crap and B.S. being basically the same thing by the way).
Mikhailova Posted - 05/26/2007 : 07:16:11
No they wouldn't...ehr means "honor" in German. That's the last thing a politician would say
I´m also Cånädiön Posted - 05/26/2007 : 02:07:47
quote:
Originally posted by GOWINGS19

Quack Quack Quack

"I don’t need to score the goal. I need someone to start thinking about me and forgetting about scoring goals." -Vladmir Konstantinov

I liked that one Wonder how a Senator would sound?
Aren´t they politicians.....they probably would go Ehr Ehr Ehr

(Time differance Pickuphockey-Sweden approx +9 hours 1min 5sek......so I can always blame it on Jetlag.)
powerlord13 Posted - 05/25/2007 : 17:33:44
Psh, the Sens won't win it... ANAHEIM ALL THE WAY (I've had to change my allegiance every round thanks to annoying upsets... see: Nashville, Vancouver, Buffalo)

"Death solves all problems; no man, no problem"
HasekFan39 Posted - 05/24/2007 : 18:05:55
The Sens are gonna have a tasty meal. Roasted duck! I hate Anaheim for kicking out Hasek!

Victory awaits him who has everything in order--luck, people call it. Defeat is certain for him who has neglected to take the necessary precautions in time; this is called bad luck.
GOWINGS19 Posted - 05/23/2007 : 20:22:02
Quack Quack Quack

"I don’t need to score the goal. I need someone to start thinking about me and forgetting about scoring goals." -Vladmir Konstantinov
Patchy Posted - 05/23/2007 : 19:33:43
I sure hope Anaheim can pull something off. Because there's nothing I despise more then a happy senators fan.
GO DUCKS!!!!!

~~Go Leafs Go~~
Canucks Man Posted - 05/23/2007 : 19:00:07
I gotta go with the Ducks on this one, they havent played that well and were able to take out the Wild, Canucks and Wings, Ive said it all along the cup will be in the west this year, I will be cheering for the sens though, I just dont think they will come out on top

CANUCKS RULE!!!
Get The Towels Out Guys PLAYOFFS!!!
Mikhailova Posted - 05/23/2007 : 17:34:45
quote:
Originally posted by willus3

It's Ottawa's to lose.

Let's hope so
Mikhailova Posted - 05/23/2007 : 17:23:47
Thank you Leafsfan, I completely agree!

And if you want to bring it down to goaltending, Giguere wins over Emery by quite a bit. I highly doubt Ottawa will win it in 5. That's too quick. Anaheim is more impressive than that, their stickhandling, defense, and goal-scoring matches Ottawa's easily. Ottawa had a hot streak against a flustered Sabres team (who wasn't playing their best, thus making Ottawa look better), but when the finals start Ottawa won't have played for a week, and just because they were doing good before doesn't mean they're guaranteed to continue playing that way.

Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page