Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Search
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?
 All Forums
 Hockey Forums
Allow Anonymous Posting forum... User Polls
 Stanley Cup Championship 2007 Allow Anonymous Users Reply to This Topic...
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 2

semin-rules
PickupHockey Veteran

Canada
1915 Posts

Posted - 05/22/2007 :  20:42:37  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Poll Question:
It has been decided. The Ottawa Senators and the Anaheim Ducks will face off for the Stanley Cup! My question for you is....

Who is taking Lord Stanley home?

Choices:

Ottawa Senators
Anaheim Ducks

-oil-country-
PickupHockey Pro

Canada
988 Posts

Posted - 05/22/2007 :  20:48:53  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
4 words.....
Cup Coming To Canada.

Welcome Home Stanley.

Edited by - -oil-country- on 05/22/2007 20:53:11
Go to Top of Page

1 Crosby fan
PickupHockey Veteran

Canada
1454 Posts

Posted - 05/22/2007 :  21:17:25  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
WE ARE THE CHAMPIONS OF THE HOCKEY WORLD!!! WELCOME HOME LORD STANLEY,WELCOME TO OTTAWA(even tho i would want it to come to Vancouver )

Edited by - 1 Crosby fan on 05/22/2007 21:18:03
Go to Top of Page

I´m also Cånädiön
Rookie

Sweden
217 Posts

Posted - 05/22/2007 :  22:40:33  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Go Senators!
I don´t want to see Wings eleminating Ducks win it, no seriously Senators have the best line and hopefully wins it.

(Time differance Pickuphockey-Sweden approx +9 hours 1min 5sek......so I can always blame it on Jetlag.)
Go to Top of Page

admin
Forum Admin

Canada
2337 Posts

Posted - 05/23/2007 :  00:29:29  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi Semin-Rules, featured your poll on the home page of the site. Sorry had to remove the pics though. Thanks for the contribution!
Go to Top of Page

babyhuey
Top Prospect

Canada
1 Posts

Posted - 05/23/2007 :  02:39:18  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
since jioning the NHL the SENATORS fans have put up with alot of crap(i should know i'm one of the fans) it will be great to see the cup come home to CANADA. look out duck season has opened again.
GO SENS GO
Go to Top of Page

marty st.louis fan
Top Prospect

USA
50 Posts

Posted - 05/23/2007 :  06:45:37  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
JUST 7 LETTERS ANAHEIM!!!!!!!!

Just like my Signature

R.I.P OTTAWA SENATORS 06/07 SEASON!!!!!

Edited by - marty st.louis fan on 05/23/2007 18:22:26
Go to Top of Page

SlowShot
PickupHockey Pro

Canada
264 Posts

Posted - 05/23/2007 :  08:08:08  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
GO ANEHEIM!!! As a leafer i grew up hating ottawa
Go to Top of Page

Guest4150
( )

Posted - 05/23/2007 :  09:55:04  Reply with Quote
This is why Leaf fans are known to know nothing about hockey. You choose an American team over that of a Canadian one. And you cheer for the leafs enough said.
Go to Top of Page

Mikhailova
PickupHockey All-Star

USA
2918 Posts

Posted - 05/23/2007 :  11:39:49  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
CUP IS COMING TO CALIFORNIA!!

I HATE THE SENATORS, THEY'RE GOIN' DOWN!!!

LET'S GO ANAHEIM!!

Go to Top of Page

Mikhailova
PickupHockey All-Star

USA
2918 Posts

Posted - 05/23/2007 :  11:53:34  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Guest4150

This is why Leaf fans are known to know nothing about hockey. You choose an American team over that of a Canadian one. And you cheer for the leafs enough said.

If you were a Sens fan and Toronto was in the playoffs against a US team, who would you cheer for?

And besides, the Ducks have more Canadians than Ottawa, so in a sense they're the more Canadian team.

Edited by - Mikhailova on 05/23/2007 11:54:15
Go to Top of Page

Beans15

Canada
8286 Posts

Posted - 05/23/2007 :  12:45:22  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
On paper, this looks like to be shaping into an epic battle. Here's what I think

Offensive-I would give the slight edge to Ottawa. Not by much. The big line is redonkulous right now. Anahiem could explode at any time, but they really haven't in three series, I can't see them starting now. I could very easily be wrong. Ottawa's averaging 3.2 G/G with Anahiem at 2.62.

Defensive-This is really close in my books. I think Ottawa has more depth on the blue line, but how can you discount Pronger and Neidermeyer?? Ottawa is giving up less goals/game and fewer shots per game than Anaheim. Ottawa also faced the leagues best offensive from the regular season and basically shut them down. Looking at the respective defensive groups, they are very close statistically. The difference is minutes per game. Beachemin, Pronger, and Niedermayer are all over 30 minutes a game. Redden is tops for Ottawa at just less than 24/game. It think Ottawa can roll their 7 man d-rotation better than Anaheim rolling basically 3. Over a long series, I think Ottawa has the upper hand.

Special Teams-Ottawa PP is sick. They have 14 goals on 70 chances compared to Anaheim with 15 goals on 85 chances. And knowing Anaheim's agressive style, Ottawa will get their share of PP chances. PK is much closer. Virtually the same penalty kill. Anaheim has been in the box more, so if there is an egde, it goes to Ottawa because of the PP and the fact they should have more PP chances than Anaheim.

Goaltending-Emery has surprised just about everyone in the hockey world with his solid play. That will have to continue for Ottawa to have a shot. Giguere on the other hand has been there before, and proved against Detroit that he is at the top of his game. I give the edge here to Anaheim.

Intangables-Anahiem has a great mix of young and old. Their two top defensemen have been there and/or won the big Mug before. Pronger was there just last year with the Oilers and went to 7 games. Granted Ottawa is a better team than Carolina was, but Anaheim is also better than the Oilers were. Ottawa still has that monkey on their back and will until they win that Cup. They don't have the same experience as Anaheim, and this will come into play when one of the two teams goes down by a game or two.

All this being said, it's a very tough call. Ottawa wins in 5 very hard fought games.

I Love your Kids, IHC is the man, and The Oilers Rule. Does that make me insane??
Go to Top of Page

Leafs Rock Planet
PickupHockey Pro

Canada
902 Posts

Posted - 05/23/2007 :  14:21:31  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
The cups coming north of the border. Ottawa in 6!!!

Forecheck+Backcheck= Paycheck!!!
Go to Top of Page

PainTrain
PickupHockey Veteran

Canada
1393 Posts

Posted - 05/23/2007 :  15:33:18  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I should say Ottawa, but I want the Regina Boys to bring the cup here and if Anaheim wins it the cup would be in Canada more since they have so much Canadian players. Anaheim in 7 we need more 7 games.
Go to Top of Page

Mikhailova
PickupHockey All-Star

USA
2918 Posts

Posted - 05/23/2007 :  15:47:15  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by PainTrain

Anaheim in 7 we need more 7 games.

Nah, we need a 4-game series. I want Ottawa outta there ASAP.
Go to Top of Page

tctitans
PickupHockey Pro

Canada
931 Posts

Posted - 05/23/2007 :  16:14:30  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Ottawa in 5. They are just playing too darn good right now to falter now.
Go to Top of Page

willus3

Canada
1948 Posts

Posted - 05/23/2007 :  16:23:55  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
It's Ottawa's to lose. They are just too powerful. I think the deciding factor will be Emery though. He's a bit of a wild card. If he can keep it together the cup is in Canada for another year.
Anaheim's defense is good, but I don't find Pronger as impressive as most seem to.
Ottawa in 5.

"You are not your desktop wallpaper"
Go to Top of Page

SJSharks
Top Prospect

USA
46 Posts

Posted - 05/23/2007 :  17:06:52  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
GO OTTAWA!!!! BOO DUCKS!!!

Thanks for the great season Sharks! May'be next year.
Go to Top of Page

leafsfan_101
PickupHockey Veteran

Canada
1530 Posts

Posted - 05/23/2007 :  17:20:40  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
LETS GO DUCKS LETS GO!!! WOO WOO!!!!! I HATE OTTAWA AND I DON'T WANT THEM TO WIN!!!! GO ANAHEIM!!!!

When life gives you lemons throw them at the Ottawa Senators and their fans and hope it gets them in the eyes ;)
Go to Top of Page

Mikhailova
PickupHockey All-Star

USA
2918 Posts

Posted - 05/23/2007 :  17:23:47  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Thank you Leafsfan, I completely agree!

And if you want to bring it down to goaltending, Giguere wins over Emery by quite a bit. I highly doubt Ottawa will win it in 5. That's too quick. Anaheim is more impressive than that, their stickhandling, defense, and goal-scoring matches Ottawa's easily. Ottawa had a hot streak against a flustered Sabres team (who wasn't playing their best, thus making Ottawa look better), but when the finals start Ottawa won't have played for a week, and just because they were doing good before doesn't mean they're guaranteed to continue playing that way.
Go to Top of Page

Mikhailova
PickupHockey All-Star

USA
2918 Posts

Posted - 05/23/2007 :  17:34:45  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by willus3

It's Ottawa's to lose.

Let's hope so
Go to Top of Page

Canucks Man
PickupHockey Veteran

Canada
1547 Posts

Posted - 05/23/2007 :  19:00:07  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I gotta go with the Ducks on this one, they havent played that well and were able to take out the Wild, Canucks and Wings, Ive said it all along the cup will be in the west this year, I will be cheering for the sens though, I just dont think they will come out on top

CANUCKS RULE!!!
Get The Towels Out Guys PLAYOFFS!!!
Go to Top of Page

Patchy
PickupHockey Pro

Canada
529 Posts

Posted - 05/23/2007 :  19:33:43  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I sure hope Anaheim can pull something off. Because there's nothing I despise more then a happy senators fan.
GO DUCKS!!!!!

~~Go Leafs Go~~
Go to Top of Page

GOWINGS19
Rookie

USA
232 Posts

Posted - 05/23/2007 :  20:22:02  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Quack Quack Quack

"I don’t need to score the goal. I need someone to start thinking about me and forgetting about scoring goals." -Vladmir Konstantinov
Go to Top of Page

HasekFan39
Rookie

Canada
143 Posts

Posted - 05/24/2007 :  18:05:55  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
The Sens are gonna have a tasty meal. Roasted duck! I hate Anaheim for kicking out Hasek!

Victory awaits him who has everything in order--luck, people call it. Defeat is certain for him who has neglected to take the necessary precautions in time; this is called bad luck.
Go to Top of Page

powerlord13
Top Prospect

Canada
21 Posts

Posted - 05/25/2007 :  17:33:44  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Psh, the Sens won't win it... ANAHEIM ALL THE WAY (I've had to change my allegiance every round thanks to annoying upsets... see: Nashville, Vancouver, Buffalo)

"Death solves all problems; no man, no problem"
Go to Top of Page

I´m also Cånädiön
Rookie

Sweden
217 Posts

Posted - 05/26/2007 :  02:07:47  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by GOWINGS19

Quack Quack Quack

"I don’t need to score the goal. I need someone to start thinking about me and forgetting about scoring goals." -Vladmir Konstantinov

I liked that one Wonder how a Senator would sound?
Aren´t they politicians.....they probably would go Ehr Ehr Ehr

(Time differance Pickuphockey-Sweden approx +9 hours 1min 5sek......so I can always blame it on Jetlag.)
Go to Top of Page

Mikhailova
PickupHockey All-Star

USA
2918 Posts

Posted - 05/26/2007 :  07:16:11  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
No they wouldn't...ehr means "honor" in German. That's the last thing a politician would say
Go to Top of Page

andyhack
PickupHockey Pro

Japan
891 Posts

Posted - 05/26/2007 :  07:40:45  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Guest4150

The above was in response to Slowshot's "GO ANEHEIM!!! As a leafer i grew up hating ottawa"

As a Canadian who has cheered for an American team the last 30 years or so, I say to Slowhot, I totally understand where you are coming from here! A Leaf fan might not like Ottawa. It's natural. I am different and am cheering for Ottawa (though the Leafs are my second favorite team), but I certainly know that I would NEVER cheer for the Habs in a series even if the opponent were the combined forces of all the guys always trying to kill Jack Bauer on 24!

The "You GOTTA cheer for a Canadian team" line is just B.S. The negative "Toronto and Leafs fans suck" line (in response to a guy who was simply saying he is cheering for Anaheim cause he is a Leafs fan) is just crap (crap and B.S. being basically the same thing by the way).

Edited by - andyhack on 05/26/2007 07:42:36
Go to Top of Page

Guest4187
( )

Posted - 05/26/2007 :  13:16:21  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by semin-rules

It has been decided. The Ottawa Senators and the Anaheim Ducks will face off for the Stanley Cup! My question for you is....

Who is taking Lord Stanley home?

its duck hunting season!!!!!!!!!! yeah!!
Go to Top of Page

Guest4187
( )

Posted - 05/26/2007 :  13:37:49  Reply with Quote

in response to,

Psh, the Sens won't win it... ANAHEIM ALL THE WAY (I've had to change my allegiance every round thanks to annoying upsets... see: Nashville, Vancouver, Buffalo)

i have to say that ur probably making the wrong choice if all the other choices you had got screwed up and kicked out so what makes you so sure you'll be right this time huh?
tyler (12 yr old hockey fanatic)

PS. go sens even though i like the leafs canadian teams are always better it doesnt matter if everyone is american their hometown is still OTOWA(it think i spelt OTOWA wrong, oh well)
Go to Top of Page

Guest0441
( )

Posted - 05/26/2007 :  18:50:41  Reply with Quote
it is ottawa's time. i have nothing against anahiem but the way ottawa has been playing is unreal. the big 3 of the sens have been on fire and leading the way is alfredsson. alfredsson sets the tone of the game for ottawa and the team respondes to it instantly. IT IS OTTAWA'S TIME!!
Go to Top of Page

Mikhailova
PickupHockey All-Star

USA
2918 Posts

Posted - 05/27/2007 :  07:27:02  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Guest0441

IT IS OTTAWA'S TIME!!

To lose.

They won't have played for over a week by the time the finals start. Just because they played well in the conference finals doesn't mean they're guaranteed to play that well in the next round. But you never know, they might turn out to do really well, we'll just have to see how it turns out. But I'm still for Anaheim.
Go to Top of Page

I HATE CROSBY
PickupHockey Pro

Canada
538 Posts

Posted - 05/27/2007 :  11:51:20  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
The Sens are my #2 team, behind Toronto (ya it is possible to like both teams). So I am cheering for the Sens obviously. I like the Ducks (Sans Burke...It's like, give those thumbs up a break buddy). But either way, a good group of guys will win.
one thing that's gotta be said is that neither team has any momentum....Why they didn't start the finals on Saturday is beyond me.

No Prediction for me: this matchup is like the world series. I mean, these teams never play each other, and Maggie the monkey would probably make a wiser pick than me.

Sugar Ray over Hasek any day!
Go to Top of Page

Guest7604
( )

Posted - 05/27/2007 :  15:49:01  Reply with Quote
Canada Made this game Canada Keeps The Cup. Ottawa Get ready to celebrate
Go to Top of Page

SlowShot
PickupHockey Pro

Canada
264 Posts

Posted - 05/27/2007 :  16:26:48  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by I HATE CROSBY

The Sens are my #2 team, behind Toronto (ya it is possible to like both teams). So I am cheering for the Sens obviously. I like the Ducks (Sans Burke...It's like, give those thumbs up a break buddy). But either way, a good group of guys will win.
one thing that's gotta be said is that neither team has any momentum....Why they didn't start the finals on Saturday is beyond me.

No Prediction for me: this matchup is like the world series. I mean, these teams never play each other, and Maggie the monkey would probably make a wiser pick than me.

How do you like one of Torontos most hated rivals?

Fool me once shame on you fool me twice shame on me :)
Go to Top of Page

stastnysforever
PickupHockey Pro

Canada
301 Posts

Posted - 05/27/2007 :  19:15:10  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I want anaheim to win it in 7, that'd mean three times in a row a canadian team would get to game 7 and barely lose it, then next year it'll be toronto and colorado in the finals and colorado will win

what do Calgary and a tea bag have in common- they're both only good for one cup
Go to Top of Page

I HATE CROSBY
PickupHockey Pro

Canada
538 Posts

Posted - 05/27/2007 :  19:17:01  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by SlowShot

How do you like one of Torontos most hated rivals?

[/quote]

I started liking Toronto when Ottawa was some joke expansion team (even earlier). I like the sens for the players. I prefer the roster on the sens way more than that of the leafs. But old loves die slow. So I still call the leafs my favorite (Even if they don't have many players I like).

Go to Top of Page

SlowShot
PickupHockey Pro

Canada
264 Posts

Posted - 05/27/2007 :  21:35:50  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
cool but i just have to big of a hatred (brought up in toronto) and all my family die heart leaf fans (brother had tears in his eyes when gretzky screwed the leafs) i just couldn't like them. But ya if I didn't grow in toronto i wouldn't probably hate the sens the same

Go to Top of Page

Guest1603
( )

Posted - 05/28/2007 :  10:05:13  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Mikhailova

No they wouldn't...ehr means "honor" in German. That's the last thing a politician would say

Gave german a shot when I was younger, couldn´t stand all that grammar they use though

And just to stay on topic:
Go Senators!
Go to Top of Page

SlowShot
PickupHockey Pro

Canada
264 Posts

Posted - 05/28/2007 :  20:19:40  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Looks like the Sens JUST LOST. YAY GO ANEHEIM [:o)

GO DUCKS. YAY GIANTS
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Next Page
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page