Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?
 All Forums
 Hockey Forums
Allow Anonymous Posting forum... User Polls
 Poll - Who should replace Bettman?

NOTICE!! This forum allows Anonymous Posting.
 Registered members please login above or input your User Name/Password before submitting!
Screensize:
Authority:  UserName:  Password:  (Member Only !)
  * Anonymous Posting please leave it blank. your temporary AnonyID is
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert Email Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

Check here to include your profile signature. (Member Only !)

T O P I C    R E V I E W
admin Posted - 12/12/2006 : 08:48:46
Gary Bettmans contract is up after next season. Who do you think should be the next Commissioner of the National Hockey League?
19   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
spearbelly Posted - 12/16/2006 : 00:38:49
[Grapes for entertainment and has enough hockey sense or Burke......love his CALL IT HOW YA SEE IT bad ass style.......................Where's EDDIE SHACK??????
Trevman12 Posted - 12/14/2006 : 16:24:03
quote:
Originally posted by framer87

Although I would love to see Don Cherry do it there is no chance.

Exactly what I said.
framer87 Posted - 12/14/2006 : 10:45:15
Although I would love to see Don Cherry do it there is no chance.

Go pens
bablaboushka Posted - 12/14/2006 : 10:09:06
Nevermind Don Cherry. It would be nice to see an educated Canadian personality like Ron Maclean have that job.
Guest4734 Posted - 12/14/2006 : 07:39:44
That rule for shooting over the glass shouldn't be like that, i personally think that it should be a faceoff in the zone and the players can't change like an icing call is now.I like most of the new rules that Bettmans has made,but i'm not sure if he will renew, the only one i can think of would be Colin, but i'd think there would be better people for the job than him.
1 Crosby fan Posted - 12/13/2006 : 17:03:23
quote:
Originally posted by Beans15

The thing with Colin Campbell is I find him to be very stubborn towards ideas. I think some of the rule changes that were brought in are not working to design and he has backed them to the end. (ie, puck over the boards is a 2 min. penalty). I like Cherry as he is a purist to the game, but it is very unlikely because of his personality and his opinions on certain things (Europeans). What I would like to see is perhaps a former player. A guy like a Ray Bourque or Mark Messier. Again, very unlikely. Has Bettman gone on record that he doesn't want the job?? Why would he not renew???

yea
Beans15 Posted - 12/13/2006 : 14:38:35
The thing with Colin Campbell is I find him to be very stubborn towards ideas. I think some of the rule changes that were brought in are not working to design and he has backed them to the end. (ie, puck over the boards is a 2 min. penalty). I like Cherry as he is a purist to the game, but it is very unlikely because of his personality and his opinions on certain things (Europeans). What I would like to see is perhaps a former player. A guy like a Ray Bourque or Mark Messier. Again, very unlikely. Has Bettman gone on record that he doesn't want the job?? Why would he not renew???
Guest9935 Posted - 12/13/2006 : 03:58:15
Bobby Orr.
Go Flames!
Guest4526 Posted - 12/12/2006 : 22:11:48
I jokingly voted Cherry, but he is too anti-Euro to replace Gary. The obvious choice is Colin Cambell.
1 Crosby fan Posted - 12/12/2006 : 20:44:40
Don Cherry all the way
B-rett10 Posted - 12/12/2006 : 19:59:41
Don Cherry would b e awsome like wow! that would be great
bablaboushka Posted - 12/12/2006 : 15:11:43
Lol titster I won't argue with the fact that Anaheim is the best team in the league...

No way for Don Cherry. It is illogical and he is intellectually not qualified for the job. I doubt any GM in the league would leave their post, especially Brian Burke. I think that because Colin Campbell has the executive experience already, that he is the most qualified. It'd be like the Minister of Justice becoming Prime Minister, makes sense doesn't it?
ultimatetitman Posted - 12/12/2006 : 14:38:21
There should be an "Other" option. I'd love to see some of the suggestions!
Realistically, however, there is only one name on that list that is both qualified for the job, and may be interested.
I can't imagine Grapes would even consider it. Same with Gretzky. Burke's contract, not to mention the fact that he is running the best team in the league (Yes bablaboushka, I know all about San Jose) would rule out any interest from him.
As for Bobby Clarke, he just accepted another position in Philly, and knows that he would just end up butting heads with, well... everyone! I can't fathom any interest from him.
Bettman should be taken out back and shot.
Therefore, only Cambell seems to be the reasonable choice, although I believe he has said he is not interested in the position.
Trevman12 Posted - 12/12/2006 : 14:08:12
Possibly. I guess anything could happen when bettman is gone.
admin Posted - 12/12/2006 : 13:57:48
Well, Grapes is leading the way so far. He was thrown in as a joke but hey, he may well be the best man for the job.
Trevman12 Posted - 12/12/2006 : 13:52:52
It would bereally funny if Cherry did, but lets face the facts, it'll never happen.
Guest0988 Posted - 12/12/2006 : 13:03:35
colin campbell should not be the next commissioner
i agree with bablaboushka and Think that Brian Burke would be an excellent commissioner, Vancouver should never have ridded themselves of him
Guest4912 Posted - 12/12/2006 : 12:52:32
i say its don cherry all the way.

colin campbell is a momas boy.
bablaboushka Posted - 12/12/2006 : 10:23:15
Brian Burke is probably the smartest man in hockey, but I doubt he would give up his GM job to become the commissioner, unless he's already expressed interest? I think it should be Colin Campbell.

Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page