Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Search
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?
 All Forums
 Hockey Forums
Allow Anonymous Posting forum... User Polls
 Poll - Who should replace Bettman? Allow Anonymous Users Reply to This Topic...
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

admin
Forum Admin

Canada
2337 Posts

Posted - 12/12/2006 :  08:48:46  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Poll Question:
Gary Bettmans contract is up after next season. Who do you think should be the next Commissioner of the National Hockey League?

Choices:

Gary Bettman
Brian Burke
Wayne Gretzky
Colin Campbell
Bobby Clarke
Don Cherry

bablaboushka
PickupHockey Veteran

Canada
2417 Posts

Posted - 12/12/2006 :  10:23:15  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Brian Burke is probably the smartest man in hockey, but I doubt he would give up his GM job to become the commissioner, unless he's already expressed interest? I think it should be Colin Campbell.
Go to Top of Page

Guest4912
( )

Posted - 12/12/2006 :  12:52:32  Reply with Quote
i say its don cherry all the way.

colin campbell is a momas boy.
Go to Top of Page

Guest0988
( )

Posted - 12/12/2006 :  13:03:35  Reply with Quote
colin campbell should not be the next commissioner
i agree with bablaboushka and Think that Brian Burke would be an excellent commissioner, Vancouver should never have ridded themselves of him
Go to Top of Page

Trevman12
Rookie

Canada
182 Posts

Posted - 12/12/2006 :  13:52:52  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
It would bereally funny if Cherry did, but lets face the facts, it'll never happen.
Go to Top of Page

admin
Forum Admin

Canada
2337 Posts

Posted - 12/12/2006 :  13:57:48  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Well, Grapes is leading the way so far. He was thrown in as a joke but hey, he may well be the best man for the job.
Go to Top of Page

Trevman12
Rookie

Canada
182 Posts

Posted - 12/12/2006 :  14:08:12  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Possibly. I guess anything could happen when bettman is gone.
Go to Top of Page

ultimatetitman
Rookie

Canada
244 Posts

Posted - 12/12/2006 :  14:38:21  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
There should be an "Other" option. I'd love to see some of the suggestions!
Realistically, however, there is only one name on that list that is both qualified for the job, and may be interested.
I can't imagine Grapes would even consider it. Same with Gretzky. Burke's contract, not to mention the fact that he is running the best team in the league (Yes bablaboushka, I know all about San Jose) would rule out any interest from him.
As for Bobby Clarke, he just accepted another position in Philly, and knows that he would just end up butting heads with, well... everyone! I can't fathom any interest from him.
Bettman should be taken out back and shot.
Therefore, only Cambell seems to be the reasonable choice, although I believe he has said he is not interested in the position.

Edited by - ultimatetitman on 12/12/2006 14:40:35
Go to Top of Page

bablaboushka
PickupHockey Veteran

Canada
2417 Posts

Posted - 12/12/2006 :  15:11:43  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Lol titster I won't argue with the fact that Anaheim is the best team in the league...

No way for Don Cherry. It is illogical and he is intellectually not qualified for the job. I doubt any GM in the league would leave their post, especially Brian Burke. I think that because Colin Campbell has the executive experience already, that he is the most qualified. It'd be like the Minister of Justice becoming Prime Minister, makes sense doesn't it?
Go to Top of Page

B-rett10
Rookie

Canada
186 Posts

Posted - 12/12/2006 :  19:59:41  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Don Cherry would b e awsome like wow! that would be great
Go to Top of Page

1 Crosby fan
PickupHockey Veteran

Canada
1454 Posts

Posted - 12/12/2006 :  20:44:40  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Don Cherry all the way
Go to Top of Page

Guest4526
( )

Posted - 12/12/2006 :  22:11:48  Reply with Quote
I jokingly voted Cherry, but he is too anti-Euro to replace Gary. The obvious choice is Colin Cambell.
Go to Top of Page

Guest9935
( )

Posted - 12/13/2006 :  03:58:15  Reply with Quote
Bobby Orr.
Go Flames!
Go to Top of Page

Beans15

Canada
8286 Posts

Posted - 12/13/2006 :  14:38:35  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
The thing with Colin Campbell is I find him to be very stubborn towards ideas. I think some of the rule changes that were brought in are not working to design and he has backed them to the end. (ie, puck over the boards is a 2 min. penalty). I like Cherry as he is a purist to the game, but it is very unlikely because of his personality and his opinions on certain things (Europeans). What I would like to see is perhaps a former player. A guy like a Ray Bourque or Mark Messier. Again, very unlikely. Has Bettman gone on record that he doesn't want the job?? Why would he not renew???
Go to Top of Page

1 Crosby fan
PickupHockey Veteran

Canada
1454 Posts

Posted - 12/13/2006 :  17:03:23  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Beans15

The thing with Colin Campbell is I find him to be very stubborn towards ideas. I think some of the rule changes that were brought in are not working to design and he has backed them to the end. (ie, puck over the boards is a 2 min. penalty). I like Cherry as he is a purist to the game, but it is very unlikely because of his personality and his opinions on certain things (Europeans). What I would like to see is perhaps a former player. A guy like a Ray Bourque or Mark Messier. Again, very unlikely. Has Bettman gone on record that he doesn't want the job?? Why would he not renew???

yea
Go to Top of Page

Guest4734
( )

Posted - 12/14/2006 :  07:39:44  Reply with Quote
That rule for shooting over the glass shouldn't be like that, i personally think that it should be a faceoff in the zone and the players can't change like an icing call is now.I like most of the new rules that Bettmans has made,but i'm not sure if he will renew, the only one i can think of would be Colin, but i'd think there would be better people for the job than him.
Go to Top of Page

bablaboushka
PickupHockey Veteran

Canada
2417 Posts

Posted - 12/14/2006 :  10:09:06  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Nevermind Don Cherry. It would be nice to see an educated Canadian personality like Ron Maclean have that job.
Go to Top of Page

framer87
PickupHockey Pro

Canada
338 Posts

Posted - 12/14/2006 :  10:45:15  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Although I would love to see Don Cherry do it there is no chance.

Go pens
Go to Top of Page

Trevman12
Rookie

Canada
182 Posts

Posted - 12/14/2006 :  16:24:03  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by framer87

Although I would love to see Don Cherry do it there is no chance.

Exactly what I said.
Go to Top of Page

spearbelly
Top Prospect

Canada
98 Posts

Posted - 12/16/2006 :  00:38:49  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
[Grapes for entertainment and has enough hockey sense or Burke......love his CALL IT HOW YA SEE IT bad ass style.......................Where's EDDIE SHACK??????
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page