Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?
 All Forums
 Hockey Forums
Allow Anonymous Posting forum... User Polls
 Who Will Captain Team Canada in 2010?

NOTICE!! This forum allows Anonymous Posting.
 Registered members please login above or input your User Name/Password before submitting!
Screensize:
Authority:  UserName:  Password:  (Member Only !)
  * Anonymous Posting please leave it blank. your temporary AnonyID is
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert Email Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

Check here to include your profile signature. (Member Only !)

T O P I C    R E V I E W
admin Posted - 01/30/2008 : 17:16:45
Only 24 months until the Vancouver 2010 Winter Olympics. Who will be the final NHL player to have the "C" emblazoned upon their chest for the men's national hockey team?
40   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
Guest2377 Posted - 12/18/2009 : 04:11:13
How about Scott Niedermayer?!!!! He has won just about everything you can in hockey; Olympic Gold, Stanley Cups, Memorial Trophy, Norris Trophy...etc. He has proven himself time and again to be a great leader on and off the ice. Don't know why he wasn't on this list.
Capgreede Posted - 12/18/2009 : 01:57:12
As i said im new at this board.
I like this board and i've read you a lot before registering :)

Also i need your help guys, i have a problem with acne :( I've found this link but i donnot if it's valuable, please let me know - <a href=http://www.scribd.com/doc/24068763/The-20-Acne-Medication-Reviews>Acne Medication</a>
phlyguy90 Posted - 12/17/2009 : 13:08:37
nah i dont think jealousy is the proper word for it. i'm just a little fed up with pittsburgh, yeah they have alot of talent but to whine and bitch and moan the way they do is ridiculous. and there fans are the worst in the league 6 years ago nobody in pittsburgh knew the penguins were still around.
UrbareCar Posted - 12/16/2009 : 13:53:40
As i said im new at this board.
I like this board and i've read you a lot before registering :)

Also i need your help guys, i have a problem with acne :( I've found this link but i donnot if it's valuable, please let me know - <a href=http://www.scribd.com/doc/24068763/The-20-Acne-Medication-Reviews>The 20 Acne Medication Reviews</a>
irvine Posted - 10/25/2009 : 00:19:53
quote:
Originally posted by phlyguy90

i do have something against ovechkin and crosby. i cant stand the preferential treatment they get...its bulls***! just the way they go about their business is ridiculous. ovie with that stupid stick on fire act last year...hes lucky they were playing tampa bay and not a real hockey team or he would got his teeth knocked out. sydney crosby lives to bitch and moan like a little sissy. after every whistle he complains to the refs...come on!! enough is enough!!

Honestly, it seems to me like you are the big whiner, going on like that. Jealous much? :)

Irvine
Alex116 Posted - 10/06/2009 : 21:28:25
quote:
Originally posted by sharksfan44

u guys think crosby whines, well quite frankly i think too many people whine about crosby

Well said! Couldn't agree more. Most players "whine" or as i'd prefer, complain to the ref(s) in an attempt to get an edge. Maybe Crosby went a little too far his first year or two but he seems to have matured. Unfortunately, some will label him as a whiner for good. Mostly, the Crosby "haters" of course.....
sharksfan44 Posted - 10/06/2009 : 19:05:57
maybe in his rookie year but not anymore. i admit in his first year in the league he did complain quite a bit, and now the title of being a cry babie is stuck with him. which i think is too bad how some people only focus on his whining then how he plays the game. he is a leader on his team and he plays his hardest day in and day out, trying his hardest to help his team win.

lots of people complain about crosby whining all the time (which he doesnt do so much anymore) yet all they do is complain. u guys think crosby whines, well quite frankly i think too many people whine about crosby
brentrock2 Posted - 10/06/2009 : 15:18:46
quote:
Originally posted by phlyguy90

i do have something against ovechkin and crosby. i cant stand the preferential treatment they get...its bulls***! just the way they go about their business is ridiculous. ovie with that stupid stick on fire act last year...hes lucky they were playing tampa bay and not a real hockey team or he would got his teeth knocked out. sydney crosby lives to bitch and moan like a little sissy. after every whistle he complains to the refs...come on!! enough is enough!!

Yeah Crosby is a wuss, if he gets a penalty he always has to complain about it. And for other things too.

HABS RULE!!
brentrock2
phlyguy90 Posted - 10/06/2009 : 09:56:10
sharksfan44 Posted - 09/25/2009 : 14:20:31
lol ok then, i've noticed u really have a thing against both ovechkin and crosby, but hey its your opinion right
phlyguy90 Posted - 09/25/2009 : 13:26:00
i came to that conclusion when he was the third man in on a fight that did not involve him and proceded sucker punch a guy in his balls from his knees. or maybe being on his knees is just a familiar position for him. hahaha
Canucks Man Posted - 09/25/2009 : 12:29:37
quote:
Originally posted by brentrock2

quote:
Originally posted by Guest2356

Tough one but gotta go with Iginla on this one

HABS RULE!!
brentrock2

oops forgot to log on

HABS RULE!!
brentrock2

Do you type in your sig every time? you no that you can just make it so it comes up automatically. I just noticed that when you were a guest it had your sig on it.

As for the topic, I think it is down to either Scott Niedermeyer or Jarome Iginla. who both would do a great job as captain.

CANUCKS RULE!!!
sharksfan44 Posted - 09/25/2009 : 11:55:33
phlyguy90, im not arguing with u or anything im just wondering how you came to the conclusion that crosby has no respect for the game.
phlyguy90 Posted - 09/25/2009 : 10:04:09
while i dont think that mike richards deserves to be the captain just yet. i do think he will get it before that crybaby crosby ever does! the people on the inside know that this guy is nothing more than spoiled brat with a world of talent and no respect for the game.
brentrock2 Posted - 09/19/2009 : 05:35:21
quote:
Originally posted by Guest2356

HABS RULE!!
brentrock2

oops forgot to log on

HABS RULE!!
brentrock2
Guest2356 Posted - 09/19/2009 : 04:28:05

HABS RULE!!
brentrock2
Rambo2305 Posted - 07/06/2009 : 07:10:03
quote:
Originally posted by Alex

Another person in this forum brought up J.S. Giguere -- 100 percent! As of late he definitely has had some solid D-men in front of him, but his career numbers are great with or without them.

Giguere won't make the team if he played the way he did last year, enough said.

08/09 Stats:
19-18-6 | 3.10 GAA | .900 S% | 2 SO

"Most people spend time and energy going around problems, rather than trying to solve them" - Henry Ford
PhillyFan12 Posted - 07/06/2009 : 06:48:33
If your going to pick anyone it should be Iginla.Great leadership,great skills,good commuication.Missing anything else.Crosby would be my second choice.

PhillyFan12
Philly Rules!!!
brentrock2 Posted - 07/05/2009 : 05:10:17
This was a tough question down between two players, Iginla and Crosby.
Both are great and skilled players but of my choice I picked Iginla.

Iginla has great leadership for his team and that is a reason why I picked him.

HABS RULE!!
brentrock2
hockster Posted - 07/03/2009 : 10:01:04
You gotta go with Iggy, he is one of the best international players and has a ton of poise, passion and leadership.

Iginla for 2010 team captain.
Flames for cup...eventually.
Rambo2305 Posted - 07/03/2009 : 07:24:57
quote:
Originally posted by Guest9649

quote:
Originally posted by Rambo2305

JEROME IGINLA....hands down, has anyone performed better in their career then Iggy on the world stage?? Iginla defines "captain" :P lol

"Most people spend time and energy going around problems, rather than trying to solve them" - Henry Ford

Yes, Sakic has....

Sakic's hanging them up, even if he does play, won't be good enough to make the team, all due respect Joe...

Guest9649 Posted - 07/03/2009 : 06:52:28
quote:
Originally posted by Rambo2305

JEROME IGINLA....hands down, has anyone performed better in their career then Iggy on the world stage?? Iginla defines "captain" :P lol

Yes, Sakic has....
Rambo2305 Posted - 07/03/2009 : 04:59:33

Guest9655 Posted - 05/14/2008 : 09:26:00
quote:
Originally posted by Guest4214

I agree with Iginla however everybody is forgetting about Rick Nash who is currently wearing the 'C' for Canada in the 2008 IIHF.

Nope. It's Shane Doan.
Gostarsgo12 Posted - 05/13/2008 : 20:30:08
quote:
Originally posted by Guest4420

Wow. How can you leave off Capt Canuck - Ryan Smyth!?

I don't see Ryan Smyth being on Team Canada. I say Iginla but if Sakic is there he's captain for sure.

Stars for the Cup!
KeithQuinn Posted - 05/13/2008 : 19:35:22
sakic would be but he will be retired so im going with iggy
Guest4214 Posted - 04/24/2008 : 07:53:06
I agree with Iginla however everybody is forgetting about Rick Nash who is currently wearing the 'C' for Canada in the 2008 IIHF.
Guest4420 Posted - 04/23/2008 : 09:54:54
Wow. How can you leave off Capt Canuck - Ryan Smyth!?
Guest7801 Posted - 04/23/2008 : 08:30:56
quote:
Originally posted by SuperSakic

quote:

Pronger not on the International team? Boy before you tell me to get my head examined go get a brain transplant to someone who knows this guy is an elite defenseman. First of all he is one of the best outlet passers in the game and can set people up for a break with his first pass. And although he's slow it's not like he can barely skate and that every other guy in the tournament is the fastest skater. Yes people can skate by him but not with ease, he does get beat, show me someone who doesn't. But also look at his reach it;'s gotta be liek 6 ft. hard to stickhandle past that.

I knew I was going to ruffle a few feathers with my comments, but I didn't know it was going to hit some people this strongly!....Oh well.

That's right Guest8815, Pronger is a slow-ass slug. You are right. He does have a 6ft reach. But that's only good for the smaller ice surface. And he uses that to elbow, punch, and push people. He's just a big goon with a hard shot. And YES, people do skate by him with ease. And yes, everyone gets beat now and then. But from ACTUALLY WATCHING the olympics ('98 and '02) I saw that everytime he tried to stop someone from going by him, he couldn't! Sorry dude, but you haven't convinced me of Pronger with your little rant.

Let's look at some of his stats shall we?

Olympics
Year, GP, G, A, Pts, +/-, PIM, Shots, Sh%
2005-06, 6, 1, 2, 3, 0, 16, 0, 0.00
2001-02, 6, 0, 1, 1, +2, 2, 9, 0.00
1997-98, 6, 0, 0, 0, 0, 4, 0, 0.00

Yeah, by that I can see that he's REAL impressive....In '98 all he managed to do is rack up some penalty minutes.

I think you are allowing his NHL performance to cloud your judgement. Look at what he's done in past olympics and decide if you would have him on the team still.....That is what I did, and that is what I am basing my opinion of his quality of play (in the olympics) on....

Okay, so you've established that pronger is good on an NHL surface, well the VANOC (the 2010 vancouver olympics organizers) have requested with approval that the hockey venue of GM place be used. This means the olympics will be using an NHL SIZE rink. Not international. So maybe this is pronger's year to shine!
Guest7951 Posted - 02/07/2008 : 17:56:44
It just has to be Iggy.
semin-rules Posted - 02/07/2008 : 17:01:49
I would sure love to see Sakic in it once more,
but like everyone has said, I dont think he will be playing in 2010.
Sure Sidney would be a good captain,
but I dont think he is ready. You need someone with experience, passion, pride, and power
and if you look up those things in the dictionary, you are sure to find Iginla's name right beside it.

(it really is, I checked )

~~~GO STARS~~~
Bleeding Blue and White Posted - 02/07/2008 : 16:40:54
I think Iginla should be the captain because he has leadership and is a really good player

~Long Live the Leafs~
Guest5630 Posted - 02/07/2008 : 15:27:48
100% Iginla
SuperSakic Posted - 02/05/2008 : 06:38:04
Sorry for getting off-topic guys.

To get back on topic again. I would like to start a campaign for Lecavalier for captain. No disrespect to Iggy, but...I would like to see Vinny get the C just because he doesn't get enough respect for the things that he's accomplished so far. He's got a stanley cup ring and he's been the rocket richard trophy winner, and has a small chance again this year. He's big, he's tough, has a cannon of a shot, and boy does he have sweet hands!
But I know iggy will get it (if Sakic is not there) simply cause he's been in the league longer. I am not trying to diminish what iggy's done either. I just think that vinny has done a tad bit more...
MSC Posted - 02/04/2008 : 20:13:48
How about that, I guess it was so ridiculous I mentally blocked it out and read past it. It was also 3 days ago and not mentioned again since....
PuckNuts Posted - 02/04/2008 : 20:04:58
quote:
Originally posted by Greg Smith

I just want to throw a name in there, a canadian with great leadership, a guy who captained the canadian junior team, Mike Richards.

Looks like Mike Richards was suggested in this post...

Champions take chances, and pressure is a privilege.
Billy Jean King to Maria Sharapova

http://www.maldesigns.ca/top50since1967.htm

MSC Posted - 02/04/2008 : 19:45:40
No one suggested Mike Richards as the captain.
Alex Posted - 02/04/2008 : 19:31:24
PuckNuts is right. Not only that, but I would like to add, that most of the times, your younger guys, while they MIGHT be the most skilled, although that is even a push -- do not play the best when it counts.

( exception Eli Manning )

The captain has to lead the way through thick and thin and command respect. Just the repitoire and accolades that follow Iggy and Sakic are enough to make you play well. Mike Richards? Come on.

Habs get number 25 this year
leigh Posted - 02/04/2008 : 17:32:51
Hey fellas, let's keep this on topic.
PuckNuts Posted - 02/04/2008 : 17:17:38
Sorry, I might be in the wrong topic, but I do not believe that Pronger will be captain in 2010. He will be on the team, but there are others that deserve to be Captain before him, Sakic, Iginla, come to mind.

Mike Richards could make the team, but lets not do what we have done in the past, and make a young player captain just to promote the game...Lindros rings a bell, it did not help then, and it won't help in 2010...

Champions take chances, and pressure is a privilege.
Billy Jean King to Maria Sharapova

http://www.maldesigns.ca/top50since1967.htm

spelling...

Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page