Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?
 All Forums
 Hockey Forums
Allow Anonymous Posting forum... Trash Talk
 Pierre McGuire...Joke or Genius?

NOTICE!! This forum allows Anonymous Posting.
 Registered members please login above or input your User Name/Password before submitting!
Screensize:
Authority:  UserName:  Password:  (Member Only !)
  * Anonymous Posting please leave it blank. your temporary AnonyID is
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert Email Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

Check here to include your profile signature. (Member Only !)

T O P I C    R E V I E W
Guest2998 Posted - 11/28/2007 : 18:28:05
i think pierre mcguire is the biggest joke of nhl commentary.... he acts like hes best friends with all the players, talks about them on a first names basis when im sure he just pisses them off.... and what the heck is he doing in that little booth between the benches???
and how he says things are just ridiculous.... he engaged the player in the corner.. they disected the play... common pierre!!!
40   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
Guest0404 Posted - 02/13/2010 : 09:50:49
Want him gone? Petition below. I can't stand the tard. Commentators are always "colourful" during sports games but Pierre is by far the most annoying of any other commentator I have ever heard.

http://www.petitiononline.com/pierrem/petition.html
Guest2223 Posted - 02/12/2010 : 14:49:41
he is the NHL`s cartoon character...mr. simpson
irvine Posted - 02/12/2010 : 14:04:13
There are times where I enjoy the commentary of McGuire. Other times, he just blows things out of proportion, leaving me wanting to mute the channel.

Irvine/prez.
Guest1756 Posted - 02/12/2010 : 06:53:27
I wasn't a huge fan of his but I attended the World Jrs. in Saskatoon this year and with all the goals that Canada was putting up against weaker teams, I missed McGuire telling me who the Monster of the game was. When its a team that you don't really know all the guys, watching live is tough to know who is who. And when you watch a US feed of a game, you start to appresiate McGuire, It can be a lot worse........ A LOT WORSE!
Guest2590 Posted - 02/12/2010 : 05:17:25
Last night during the Capitals and Ottawa game, which was awesome, they were reviewing a goal that Chris Neil scored that barely crossed the line on Varlamov and McGuire says , "Boy that's great camera work!" and there is an awkward pause before Gord Miller says "Pierre it's a fixed camera". Anyway they were chiming all night back and forth. I think Mcguire is terrible as well but I like to laugh at him.
Guest4857 Posted - 02/10/2010 : 20:44:36
mcquire changes his mind like 5 times in a minute hes got to be the worst commentater ever

during the world juniors this year within like 5 minutes of the 1st game he declared taylor hall the monster of the tournamnet
Guest9935 Posted - 02/10/2010 : 19:43:51
Thank God for the 'mute' button. He drives me crazy with his constant commentary.

He seems to have a fixation on 'little' guys making themselves 'big'. Perhaps a personal issue of his??
Alex116 Posted - 02/10/2010 : 19:31:24
I still don't get it. I don't see/hear the same stuff many of you seem to? I just finished watching the Habs / Caps game and McGuire was between the benches as per usual and i never once heard him "diss" anyone, especially a Canadian, never heard him say anything "biased" towards Ovechkin, never said anything about bad calls, etc. Yeah, he talks about Ovechkin a fair bit, but who wouldn't considering who he is and what his job is?

I'm obviously in the minority here, but to each their own i guess?
Guest1799 Posted - 02/10/2010 : 18:27:09
quote:
Originally posted by Guest4366

Mcguire is the worst!!!!!!!!! I have also sent TSN emails over the years about how annoying, disrespectful and totally brain dead he is. I know to no avail but it helps a guy feel better!!! LOL World Juniors have been watched with the sound muted for far too many years.

I cant agree more we always mute any game he does cause hes brain dead. hes way to biast way to inlove with certain players like ovechkin and datsyuk. Its really funny last time I checked he was Canadian so how come he ALWAYS disses us at WJC and in regular NHL games. Oh that and he never shuts up about how bad this call was even if its the right call.. Man he makes hockey so unfun to watch on TV.
Guest2524 Posted - 01/28/2010 : 18:09:41
He is by far the worst announcer around today.This guy makes watching your team lose worse than it already is. All he does is talk about how good the other team is doing, how smart they are, how quick they are. They should take his mic away during the game..... MAYBE give it back to him in between periods if they refuse to can him. He may know what he is talking about but he says the same stuff over and over again and it annoys the hell out of me. HEY PIERRE SHUT THE F*CK UP and get out of that little booth im sure the players don't want you there. I know i don't.
Guest4366 Posted - 01/06/2010 : 06:47:33
Mcguire is the worst!!!!!!!!! I have also sent TSN emails over the years about how annoying, disrespectful and totally brain dead he is. I know to no avail but it helps a guy feel better!!! LOL World Juniors have been watched with the sound muted for far too many years.
Guest2790 Posted - 01/06/2010 : 04:52:12
This man is the scum of the earth!
Alex116 Posted - 01/05/2010 : 23:53:43
I've said it before and i'll say it again. I like McGuire. While i'm not about to call him a genius, i do like the work he does. I'm prob in the minority here, but so be it.
Axey Posted - 01/05/2010 : 23:25:40
He knows some things, and I do agree some things are out of proportion. But honestly, wouldn't any one of us kill for his job? I know I would.
Guest1722 Posted - 01/05/2010 : 10:13:04
Email TSN and tell them how much you hate this guy. He has ruined the junior tournament (except the Regina games because he was in Saskatoon). He will ruin the Olympics because TSN is CTV and CTV is doing the broadcasting. They don't seem to get how much he sucks.
Guest7622 Posted - 12/24/2009 : 14:02:46
how do we get rid of this guy.he ruins this tournament every year.example last year when canada tied it with 5.4 left he starts spewing this crap when he should just shut up and take in the moment.f***ing idiot.anybody have any ideas on how to get rid of him let me know i,ll sign up
Guest9729 Posted - 12/23/2009 : 15:31:15
I think Hanley is Pierre
Guest4851 Posted - 12/23/2009 : 09:42:11
he is one man that is going to ruin the Juniors AND the Olympics this year
Guest4527 Posted - 12/23/2009 : 06:33:29
Absolute Trash. He is the John Madden of the NHL.

"You see, if he would have put the puck in the net, that would have meant a goal for his team."

Also can't stand his toss off lines when he finishes talking to a player OR a coach. "Have fun out there" - what are you, my f***ing dad? Do I need your approval to tell me to have fun? you talentless hack

Penis with ears, and the official fluffer of the NHL. (For those of you who don't know what a fluffer is, look it up)

Also a note to add, when there are two commentators in the booth already, and he is on ice level, WHY DOES HE TALK MORE THAN THE OTHERS COMBINED. Shut up and try to put your input in whenever they call on you, not whenever you feel like it.
Guest4728 Posted - 12/02/2009 : 16:19:03
McGuire would do well to follow the old adage, "sometimes better to leave them wondering why you didn't speak rather than wondering why you did".

I miss Harry Kneale.
Tiller33 Posted - 12/02/2009 : 09:31:04
quote:
Originally posted by Guest9934

hey KIngwoody2 i thing ur actually piere maguire because only he would be so stupid to say something like cherry sucks and hes the best. maguire does have some good points when it comes to jr hockey but when it come to NHL he is totally out to lunch but so is kypreos, dreger and the the rest of the sportsnet panel. The only one who people should listin to is cherry cause not only is he The best but he also has videos or evidence to back up his point.

umm .. Dreger hasn't been on sportsnet in oh about three years so either you're just coming out a serious coma or need to call your current cable or satellite provider and get some serious refunds. That being said yes Dreger is terrible he simply restates what Bob Mckenzie says.

There's a lot of dirty old occ's around thats the problem
Guest9494 Posted - 12/01/2009 : 22:33:11
him n kypreso r just brutal
Guest9934 Posted - 12/01/2009 : 18:42:55
hey KIngwoody2 i thing ur actually piere maguire because only he would be so stupid to say something like cherry sucks and hes the best. maguire does have some good points when it comes to jr hockey but when it come to NHL he is totally out to lunch but so is kypreos, dreger and the the rest of the sportsnet panel. The only one who people should listin to is cherry cause not only is he The best but he also has videos or evidence to back up his point.
Guest4900 Posted - 11/30/2009 : 13:14:53
Guest9166 Posted - 11/29/2009 : 19:01:31
I have nothing against Pierre Maguire. The only thing I will ask about him is: Does he breathe when he's talking?

Holy, something when he gets excited and explaining stuff, I'm not sure if he does.
Guest9250 Posted - 11/29/2009 : 15:30:49
The only thing he is good at is X's and O's. He is a terrible commentator.Terrible interviewer. TERRIBLE. I would almost prefer to listen to Mark Hebscher.

My ears just bled a little when I typed that.
Guest7134 Posted - 11/28/2009 : 16:45:17
pierre mcguire suck the big ones
Guest2551 Posted - 11/28/2009 : 06:10:44
We should not complain about McGuire??? Are you nuts? I agree that the RDS guys are not very good... that said, McGuire is the worst, the most annoying, the most patronizing announcer I have ever seen.

GO BRUINS!
Guest9371 Posted - 11/27/2009 : 12:00:09
You should not complain about Pierre McGuire. Try to lesson to a habs game on RDS. Benoit Brunet and Pierre Houde ARE definetily the worst! I take McGuire to replace them any day!
Guest4851 Posted - 11/27/2009 : 08:11:30
You know why they are not winning this game? Want level! They have no want level. Bring up the want level and they might have a chance.

There is a reason why he can't get a REAL job in hockey, he is by far the most annoying/stupid announcer ever. I dread having to watch a leaf game on TSN. What I really don't understand is how TSN likes this guys and thinks he is doing a good job for there station.
Guest2551 Posted - 11/26/2009 : 16:40:33
Joke.

McGuire is a horrible announcer. He comments on plays incorrectly and the contradictions are legendary.
The very worst was telling the Canadian junior player (Kane?) he would absolutely make the World junior team and then he did not! An injury allowed the player to play... lucky McGuire.

GO BRUINS!
Guest9349 Posted - 11/26/2009 : 05:06:10
Pierre's a goof...just terrible

GO LEAFS
Guest8954 Posted - 11/26/2009 : 00:39:08
I don't mind the guy, but I think he has a thang for Carey Price. He justs love to talk about that kid.
Tiller33 Posted - 11/25/2009 : 22:48:13
tonight was legendary, immediately following Gord Miller stating "Gustavsson had no idea where that puck was" Pierre's Analysis concludes with him stating "that Gustavsson's knowledge of where that puck was is truly impressive". Wheres a drive by shooting when you need one.

There's a lot of dirty old occ's around thats the problem
Guest5588 Posted - 11/25/2009 : 19:39:56
Pierre is driving me nuts. Last Saturday Montreal game Pierre commented each period between a low of 52 times and a high of 73 times for an average of 10 minutes per period. In the Vancouver game which followed, John Garret only commented an average of 27 times for a total of 6 minutes per period. In other words Pierre yakked two to three times as much and for almost twice as long. The saddest part is a lot of his commentary is during active play. Sad but true. And to top all this off we get comments like " Thats the way to play tall" when a puck takes a defensive bounce off a skate.. Save me please

Deano
Guest7877 Posted - 11/17/2009 : 10:52:41
Pierre is a tool!!!!!!!!!!!
Guest0600 Posted - 01/30/2009 : 14:45:00
the thing i like about pierre is that he points out the little things like taking a hit to make a play, or blocking a big shot on a penalty kill. those things might go unnoticed by some people but pierre is one of the only broadcasters that really gets excited when players sacrifice for the team when it counts the most.
Guest7143 Posted - 01/30/2009 : 09:55:08
Pierre's the best analyst on TV by far.

[ link removed - moderator ]

Guest9109 Posted - 01/29/2009 : 10:50:58
i hate mcguire and for this reason being the biggest... he focuses in on 1 player every game he calls and pretty well sucks that players d&(* for 60 minutes. i find that soooo damn annoying
Matt_Roberts85 Posted - 01/29/2009 : 10:47:12
quote:
Originally posted by MrD

My biggest problem with McGuire is that he is very arrogant and thinks that his opinions and views are the correct ones and anyone who disagrees has no clue about hockey. If someone challenges his opinions he gets abrasive and tries to talk the other person down instead of backing up his statements.

Kind of like alot of people on this site, lol (ive been guilty of this once or twice myself

There is no "I" in team, but there is an "M" and an "E".

Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page