Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?
 All Forums
 Hockey Forums
Allow Anonymous Posting forum... User Polls
 Worst hockey sportscasters

NOTICE!! This forum allows Anonymous Posting.
 Registered members please login above or input your User Name/Password before submitting!
Screensize:
Authority:  UserName:  Password:  (Member Only !)
  * Anonymous Posting please leave it blank. your temporary AnonyID is
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert Email Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

Check here to include your profile signature. (Member Only !)

T O P I C    R E V I E W
Tiller33 Posted - 11/16/2009 : 13:49:01
Who is the worst hockey sportscaster ???
40   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
Guest4312 Posted - 06/29/2011 : 11:58:10
oh yah, and Kevin "with my 12 games as a starting goalie" Weekes is pretty bad too
Guest4312 Posted - 06/29/2011 : 11:31:52
loved the Pierre "captain obvious" McGuire comment.... though i've heard he is done commentating now which is fantastic.

mike milbury isn't much better.

Jeremy Roenick hasn't been mentioned yet in this thread and although he was a pretty good player he spews cliches and is dumber than a door knob.

I love the guy in Buffalo whoever that is he is hilarious and exciting. MAYDAYYY MAYYDAYYY!!!!!
sahis34 Posted - 06/29/2011 : 10:43:33
the guy in nashville doesn't know anything about hockey
Guest5608 Posted - 06/28/2011 : 18:49:15
personally i hate all of them reason is that nobody talks about Edmonton and when they do they say they suck.. not even giving them a chance. not only that; they think that the american teams are amazing . the only reason the Americans win the cup every year is that they out number us. even the old and us Canadians would win lord Stanley every time
Rambo2305 Posted - 06/02/2010 : 08:36:48
All of them!! Strachan will try to convince you that you traded for someone...

If you listened to Pierre...every prospect is going to be a superstar...and...he's watched every single player....since they were 3! Never heard so much crap out of someone in my life lol

Still waiting for him to get a puck to the head between the bench! that's why you sit in the booth buddy!
Guest9007 Posted - 06/02/2010 : 07:47:00
I'm sure I'm not the only woman hockey fan who wants to beat him with a blunt object. I'd love to see a player cross check him instead of agreeing to speak with him before or after a game. That would seriously rock.
Sensfan101 Posted - 04/19/2010 : 12:50:57
The people doing the Ottawa-Pittsburgh series are terrible! they spent the first 20 minutes of pre-game talking about Crosby and the Penguins then they finally promised to start talking about Ottawa and all they talked about was how much Ottawa needed to shut down Crosby.

You miss 100 percent of the shots you don't take Wayne Gretzky
Guest4233 Posted - 04/19/2010 : 09:14:26
Mcguire is the best of those listed.

The name that needs to be ont he list is Greg Millen. He is awful.
Nucks07 Posted - 04/19/2010 : 09:07:49
Kevin Weekes is easily the worst sportscaster, I cant stand his mono-tone voice it makes me want to fall asleep... In my opinon his sportscaster skills are just as good or worse than his goaltending skills...My worst nightmare would be kevin weekes playing goal and calling the game at the same time
drew Posted - 04/19/2010 : 06:59:53
Loubardias is terrible. Who on earth would refer to a a powerplay as a "one man powered advantage", it sounds cartoonish. Bob Cole should retire, Jim Hughson is so biased towards the Canucks and Luongo its sick, and Glenn Healey is pompass jerk.

The best by far is Cuthbert. There is no other play by play guy that can come up with the epic one liners like him. Case in point, the Olympic call on Crosby's gold medal goal. It might just be a more classic call then "HENDERSON".
Guest8645 Posted - 04/19/2010 : 03:59:35
McGwire makes some real strange remarks. I'm sure he does it tp get a reaction. Not sure why he is love with Downie and Tutu. I thinnk he may have confused them with Rev. Tutu or the fact he thinks he discovered them.

Bob Cole is terrible. Just close your eyes during a telecast. You will have no idea whats going on.

Gord Miller is the best of the Canadian Crew but Simpson is as dry as toast. If you listen to him you would think that Confidence is the most important "skill" a player could have. Note to Simpson, "You have confidence because you have skills" not the other way around.
MrBoogedy Posted - 04/19/2010 : 01:46:46
Pierre Maguire should be dragged out into the streets, drawn and quartered, tarred and faethered, you name it. Get that moron of my television.

Mike Milburry should get way more TV time, come on, when he played for Boston he went up in the stands and beat a fan with his shoe. Now that's smoebody worth listening to.
Guest6217 Posted - 04/18/2010 : 09:10:35
Pierre "Captain Obvious" McGuire actually makes me mad when he speaks. If a game is playing anywhere else, even in French, I'm watching it there instead.
Guest0543 Posted - 04/18/2010 : 09:07:20
Is there an all of the above option?
Guest6898 Posted - 04/18/2010 : 08:50:38
As I post this, Pierre leads the most hated list. And deservedly so! I think that everyone else has done a great job covering what is or isn't said by this numpty. My biggest issue with this guy is the non-stop, verbal diarrhea that spews from his pie-hole. I don't mind the TSN play-by-play coverage. The problem starts as soon as the whistle blows; I cringe as I prepare for the onslaught of trivial facts, figures and repetitive diatribe! As was covered by previous posts, I mute the volume or I pause playback and then skip forward during the segments of airtime when he is yammering on. I often miss face-offs to do this, but I consider it a good trade off; better than the alternative. Somebody please fire him!!!!
Guest4004 Posted - 04/18/2010 : 08:12:34
PETER LOMBARDIAS
Guest2212 Posted - 04/18/2010 : 05:59:24
Hey Beans: How do you know McGuire has zero credibility in the hockey world? Are you connected to the hockey world? If he is so unconnected why did he have an interview for the vacant Minnesota Wild GM job when they fired Risebrough?

I get a kick out of people who make false statements because they either do not like the person's style on TV or something they said or even better, they are jealous ofhte person lol
Guest4160 Posted - 04/18/2010 : 01:34:43
Maguire is a joke! He loves guys like Matt Cooke & Steve Downie, yet can't stand the tough guys. With the huge amount that hate the guy, it's amazing he's still got a job.
Also, Ray Ferarro is another loud mouth joke. He can't fall off the face of the earth anytime now. He's almost as brutal as Maguire.
Jim Hughson, is so pro Canucks it's sickening to listen to. He useed to be one of the best, now he's a Canuck homer & every routine save is GREAT SAVE LUONGO.
Guest6577 Posted - 04/18/2010 : 01:20:53
+1 to Alex. You Leaf fans suck hard. Maybe you guys should coach them. It'll be better than what they have now, apparently. I am really in awe of the Laff's winning tradition. Hahahahhaaaaaaa!!!!!
Alex116 Posted - 03/16/2010 : 20:23:07
WOW, some guys who actually agree with me? I've stated before that i don't have a prob with McGuire. Yeah, some of his overused words/terms could be annoying i guess, but i agree he knows hockey and i like that part of him.
Guest6142 Posted - 03/16/2010 : 17:24:47
screw you guys.
pierre mcguire is a huge beauty...same with kypreos

I'd say whoever does cbc colour and commentary
Guest9024 Posted - 03/16/2010 : 14:12:02
I agree with Leafs81 - quit complaining about guys like McGuire, the worst are definitely on French TV. At least McGuire knows his hockey and has a great knowledge of players in the AHL or the juniors.

Indeed, the worst guy is Benoit Brunet. He frequently makes obvious grammatical and vocabulary mistakes, has no knowledge of players outside the Eastern Conference, and he will comment every penalty as being "borderline" (for French readers, "c'était limite"). He even confused Taylor Hall (probably the first or second pick at next summer's draft) with Adam Hall. Not just once or twice, but at least three times on the air!

It seems to be common at RDS though to hire employees without the proper knowledge to be on TV. During the Olympics, Jacques Demers said Toews was only 19 years old. Then, the game after, Joel Bouchard said Toews was 25. I mean, is it so difficult to do a search on Google before saying something on the air?

That's why I prefer to watch English TV. Complain about Pierre McGuire all you want, but when compared to the guys in the French media, he's a genius.
Guest6840 Posted - 03/16/2010 : 12:50:36
Pierre knows hockey i do not care if he is Brutal as long as he knows not to make Canadians sound the best (*COUGH* Don Cherry) i think he does his job well.
Hugh G. Rection Posted - 02/21/2010 : 13:34:04
I find Mcguire to be a little much on the air, but listening to his radio segments are actually fairly interesting. Like him or hate him, the guy lives and breaths the NHL, and knows a ludicrous amount about league minutiae.

As you may guess from my other thread, I don't think anyone is worse than Mike Milbury. I enjoy Al Strachan only because Milbury hates him so much he can't even hide it on the air. It's kind of like Mclean/Bettman where they take little jabs at eachother constantly while faking meaningful conversation. Childish, but entertaining to me anyways.
Guest0662 Posted - 02/21/2010 : 13:19:29
Anybody remember Rod Black in the '94 olympics. While interviewing one our players after our loss, Rod comments,"you promised you're dying father you'd win gold, how do you feel?"
Guest5256 Posted - 01/04/2010 : 16:43:40
Gene Principe is awful. He makes VERY bad jokes, and forces the other sportscasters to pretend to laugh (trust me, they can't act). Besides, have you ever heard him talk about hockey and sound like he knows what he is doing?
Guest4849 Posted - 01/04/2010 : 16:31:48
worst is Dean Brown when Gary Galley is with him. He forgets to call the play by play and him and Gary start talking small talk. They talked about the out door game which we all watched. mean time the game is going on with no play by play. When he gets back it's like he has no interest. he needs to watch other play by play games and see how exciting the anouncer can make a game even if it's not. maybe he should just get rid of Gary who never shuts up. We are learning to mute the game when Gary is there.
Tiller33 Posted - 11/21/2009 : 14:21:45
quote:
Originally posted by Guest9934

IM only saying this one thing get bettman out of the damn NHL
cause hes ruining a good game i mean an area where golies dont touch the puck or they get a penalty thats just elementry sshool gay that rule is made to make everyone equal. But what i was getting to is make the new GM of hockey DON i know what im talking about and u can kiss my ass CHERRY. the sportsnet panel are a buch of washed up players that cant play no more and couldnt play. he i scored one goal in my 15year nhl career im gonna go work at T.S.N too bad i didnt get my face punched in every fight i had (kypreos) cause than id work at sportsnet.

I'm lost .....?

There's a lot of dirty old occ's around thats the problem
Guest5529 Posted - 11/21/2009 : 11:32:47

He's not as bad as Ed Whalen or whoever the WWF guys that you and Edmonton have for broadcasters.Your two teams should combine all your talent get rid of Jerome the most over rated hockey player since mark messier iginla and then you might win a playoff round or even be able to hold on to a 17 pt lead in the standings going down to the wire Calgary flames SUCK only team I hate more is Calgary and Edmonton oh yeah and Toronto.
quote:
Originally posted by nux-suk

By Far #1 Worst sportscaster is John Garret. He is not only a homer, but his analysis is worse than a blind deaf and dumb version of Howie Meeker

Guest5529 Posted - 11/21/2009 : 11:29:04
you need to add chris cuthbert and the greg millen to the list they are the worst.Greg Millen has his far up the home teams asss when he broadcasts you can taste what they ate through your TV set.
Guest9934 Posted - 11/21/2009 : 10:52:06
IM only saying this one thing get bettman out of the damn NHL
cause hes ruining a good game i mean an area where golies dont touch the puck or they get a penalty thats just elementry sshool gay that rule is made to make everyone equal. But what i was getting to is make the new GM of hockey DON i know what im talking about and u can kiss my ass CHERRY. the sportsnet panel are a buch of washed up players that cant play no more and couldnt play. he i scored one goal in my 15year nhl career im gonna go work at T.S.N too bad i didnt get my face punched in every fight i had (kypreos) cause than id work at sportsnet.
Leafs81 Posted - 11/21/2009 : 08:25:26
If you watch the Canadiens game in french and understand french, you can't deny that Benoit Brunet is the worst. I thought Yvon (matante) Pednault was bad but the guy who replace him, Benoit Brunet, is 10 times worst.

Pierre Mcguire and Nick Kypreos are up there.
nux-suk Posted - 11/20/2009 : 11:38:05
By Far #1 Worst sportscaster is John Garret. He is not only a homer, but his analysis is worse than a blind deaf and dumb version of Howie Meeker
Guest6392 Posted - 11/20/2009 : 09:03:15
Worst Hockey Sportscasters
1. Mark Lee
2. Pierre Maguire
3. Roger Millions/Gene Principe( the worst by far)

Best Hockey Sportscasters
1. Bob Cole
2. Chris Cuthbert
3. Jim Hughson/ Gord Miller
Matt_Roberts85 Posted - 11/19/2009 : 13:44:32
Ferarro is such a breath of fresh air. Its about time a good new broadcaster came around.

I actually dont mind Cuthbert...

There is no "I" in team, but there is an "M" and an "E".
Guest4052 Posted - 11/19/2009 : 12:16:12
Chris Cuthbert for most annoying play by play. Every minute there is a plug about a player's junior team or obscure home town. It's getting old. The capitals announcer for comcast is up there as well.

As for the best, Jim Hughson and Ron McClean. Loubradias is alright, Ferraro is pretty good. And lets not forget Rick Jenneret that guy is classic.
Matt_Roberts85 Posted - 11/19/2009 : 10:02:26
quote:
Originally posted by Beans15

All due respect, if you are not a Leaf Fan, Bob Cole was one of the worst ever. .

i guess so then.... leaf blinders are a powerful thing. bob was always my fav

Alex116 Posted - 11/19/2009 : 09:31:08
I never had a problem with Cole. As for other "homer" type guys, it's prob tough for them not to be? I think with Cole though, we heard him so much over the years because we've always been force fed the Leaf games on HNIC.

I like Hughson, but i have to tell you, when he started out with Gary Green ("Greener") as his colour guy, i had to mute the tv at times. Green was an absolute idiot and annoying to listen to. I'd prefer to listen to my grandmother tell me about losing her virginity to the entire offensive line from the high school football team than listen to "Greener" Okay, that was bad.....

Mackenzie, i agree, is very knowledgable and i enjoy listening to him. However, what's my opinion really worth when you consider this......i actually like Maguire
Beans15 Posted - 11/19/2009 : 08:38:28
All due respect, if you are not a Leaf Fan, Bob Cole was one of the worst ever. It's not different than Rod Phillips. If you are an Edmonton fan, he's pure entertainment. However, he is a joke to any none Oiler Fan. Both of these guys have the same unhuman bais towards their teams. Cole for the Leafs and Phillips for the Oilers.

I really like Jim Hughson. He's refreshing compared to the Bob and Harry Show I was subjected to for so long.

And Bob MacKenzie?? The guy is one of the smartest guys in hockey. Honest, doesn't pull punches, and he knows the game. The guy has covered hockey for 25 years. The what "pedigree" does the guy have is irrelevant. Lou Lamorillo never played hockey. Ken Hitchcock never played hockey. It's irrelevant.
Matt_Roberts85 Posted - 11/19/2009 : 08:15:10
quote:
Originally posted by Tiller33

Bob cole is the reason Harry Neale now does sabres games, he got sick tired of rescuing every leafs broadcast he had to do with cole.

Not true at all. First off, harry neale did most of his Leaf games with Joe Bowen. 2nd of all, harry lives in Buffalo and didnt want to commute to toronto for every game anymore. The Sabres offered him a gig so he could stay home and he took it.

Bob Cole doesnt even do the saturday night games anymore (at least not in toronto..... jim hughson does now)

Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page