Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Search
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?
 All Forums
 Hockey Forums
Allow Anonymous Posting forum... General Hockey Chat
 toronto shut out montreal what a sweet feeling.

NOTICE!! This forum allows Anonymous Posting.
 Registered members please login above or input your User Name/Password before submitting!
Screensize:
Authority:  UserName:  Password:  (Member Only !)
  * Anonymous Posting please leave it blank. your temporary AnonyID is
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert Email Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

Check here to include your profile signature. (Member Only !)

T O P I C    R E V I E W
Guest5563 Posted - 12/01/2009 : 20:10:26
frenchies need to stop shouting that the other team sucks.
40   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
Tiller33 Posted - 12/09/2009 : 11:52:15
quote:
i'm just curious where is this cap space the leafs have?? you're pretty against the cap too 3million for beauchemin 4 for komisarek 4 for kabby 5 for kessel 4 for finger 3 something for grabowski Blake at 4.5 ,,, i may be wrong with a few of these they are off the top of my head but Burke does not have a lot of cap space,, certainly not 10 million

Pasty

http://www.thehockeygm.com/tor.html
Beauchemin - 3.8
Blake - 4
Grabovski - 2.9
Kaberle - 4.25
Komisarek - 4.5
Finger - 3.5
Kessel - 5.4

Only players the Leafs have under contract for next year are:
Orr, Bozak, Hagman, Blake, Grabovski, Komisarek, Kaberle, Beauchemin, Finger, Schenn, Kessel and one million for Tucker's buyout, minus $1.338 million for Colin Stuart and Jiri Tlusty for a grand total of $33,762,000. Assuming the cap stays the same at $56.8 million the Leafs will have $23.038 million to spend but keep in mind guys like White and Gustavsson will require raises as will Ponikarovsky if they decide to bring him back I'd say Burke will have about $12-14 million to go shopping this summer.

There's a lot of dirty old occ's around thats the problem
Guest7281 Posted - 12/09/2009 : 11:38:15
quote:
Originally posted by Alex116

I've been to quite a few Leafs/'Nucks and Habs/'Nucks games over the years here and i have to say, i've NEVER, and i mean E V E R, heard a Go Leafs Go chant or a Go Habs Go chant NOT get drowned out by the Canucks faithful. Yes, often the Habs / Leaf fans start their chant and can easily be heard, but, within seconds, the Go Canucks Go chant will drown out either. I'm sure it's like this anywhere as well. It's pretty simple, as many Habs / Leaf fans there are in this city, there's ALWAYS gonna be more Canuck fans.

You obviously were not at the Leafs game this year where the Leafs fans drowned out the 'Nucks fans several times during the game. It was amusing even though I hate the Leafs.
Pasty7 Posted - 12/09/2009 : 09:33:23
quote:
Originally posted by Guest2291

Message to Les Habs Fans....Gainey has Montreal put into the same position as fergeson put the leafs into several years ago, too many overpaid players who are not good enough to win the cup. Basically he is stuck with them. YE KNOW IT TOO, Gionta is good though. At least Toronto has plenty of cap space ( for I. Kovalchuk ). Any fool can see that these 2 teams are going in opposite directions, the leafs are only starting to play hockey, AND BOY ARE THEY PLAYING, just wait 2 more months and then look at the standings. 2 more years and toronto will be a power house.....2 more years and montreal will be the 2007/2008 version of the maple leafs........I just have 1 question for habs fans.....why in the name of god would bob gainy clear up 7 million in NY rangers cap space enabling them to sign gaborik instead of just signing gaborik himself ?????one of the most stupid hockey moves ever.......what kind of a GM cleans up another teams mess like that.....stupid, stupid...maybe he is related to fergie

i'm just curious where is this cap space the leafs have?? you're pretty against the cap too 3million for beauchemin 4 for komisarek 4 for kabby 5 for kessel 4 for finger 3 something for grabowski Blake at 4.5 ,,, i may be wrong with a few of these they are off the top of my head but Burke does not have a lot of cap space,, certainly not 10 million

Pasty
Alex116 Posted - 12/09/2009 : 08:59:02
I've been to quite a few Leafs/'Nucks and Habs/'Nucks games over the years here and i have to say, i've NEVER, and i mean E V E R, heard a Go Leafs Go chant or a Go Habs Go chant NOT get drowned out by the Canucks faithful. Yes, often the Habs / Leaf fans start their chant and can easily be heard, but, within seconds, the Go Canucks Go chant will drown out either. I'm sure it's like this anywhere as well. It's pretty simple, as many Habs / Leaf fans there are in this city, there's ALWAYS gonna be more Canuck fans.
Matt_Roberts85 Posted - 12/09/2009 : 08:21:18
As a leaf fan its my job to hate "ole" and that aint gonna change. Its pretty gay if you ask me, I dont like soccer, so that probably contributes to my dislike of it.

Go Leafs Go can be heard in every arena the leafs visit, the diehards are there. As someone mentioned, it routinely drowns out the home team fans, even in Montreal. Part of the reason you dont hear it so much in toronto is because the fans at home have become pretty apathetic towards the team, everyone is waiting for the home team to give a reason for a "Go leafs Go" rather then trying to pump up the team with one of their own. It sucks and it looks bad on the fans and the team ill admit.

It wasnt that long ago when the gardens and the ACC was fueled by go leafs go chants and i really hope it comes back soon. The team has to stop sucking on home ice so much.

By the way, I love the journey song at the joe louis, thats actually cool. Ole just bugs me, personal opinion. I never realized OLE was so new, i could have sworn that soccer stadiums had been chanting that for much longer.

make beleifs - wow thats a new one! your a comedy genius!

The leafs/habs bickering is petty, but it has been going on for a looooooong time and i dont think its gonna end anytime soon heh.

There is no "I" in team, but there is an "M" and an "E".
Alex116 Posted - 12/08/2009 : 23:14:25
First off, i could care less where a chant came from, if it gets the fans pumped up and the building buzzing, great! Why should anyone care where it originated? In Detroit, the guy always cranks the lines "Just a city boy.....Born and raised in south Detroit" from Journey's "Don't Stop Believin'". Now, i'm pretty sure that Journey didn't write this song for the Red Wings, therefore, is it a bad thing? C'mon Leaf/Hab fans, get over the petty bickering. I have no prob with the hockey talk but to place negativity on a team because their fans chant is used in soccer matches is pretty silly.

redneck76ca Posted - 12/08/2009 : 18:45:43
Beans is right. Ole is not a soccer chant first. It is a song by Bouncing Souls that was released in 2001. Soccer (football fans to be truer) fans adopted it for games, and guess what, so did the Habs fans. Habs fans have been using it for the last 5-6 years, maybe, longer. I can't say for sure as I watch most hockey games under the influence of the fine BC green.

As far as chants go, I have broken them down by Canadian city:

Montreal: "Ole" (of course), "Go Abs Go!" "Carey"

Calgary: "Go Flames Go", "Kipper Kipper!" "Iggy!"

Ottawa: "Go Sens Go" "Heat.... er, not anymore"

Edmonton: "Lets Go Oilers!" "Hemorrhoid, Hemorrhoid!" <-----This is somehow affectionate praise for their favorite Czech winger.

Toronto: "Go Leafs Go!" Leaf fans belt this out so loud they often drown out the Home Teams chant. I hate the Leafs but I respect their fans (mostly). The fact that there are times in the Bell Centre where the Leafs fans are actually drowning out the Habs fans speaks volumes. I saw the Leafs in Vancouver this year and Canucks fans couldn't even come close to the decibels put out by Leaf fans.

Which brings us to Vancouver...

"(insert opposing goaltenders name here) Sucks!"
"(insert visiting Team's name here) Sucks!"
"Let's trade (insert underachieving forwards name here)!"

so negative, in fact, there most positive chant, sounds very negative..

"Looouuu! Loouuu!"

I will say, though, that the "You Suck Turco" chant from the playoffs a couple of years back was pretty sweet. I was at the first home game and that chant came together so nicely out of nowhere.
Guest2733 Posted - 12/08/2009 : 16:56:24
leafs couldn,t win in checkers .

leafs even lost on christmas daddies , when they auctioned off embroidered decals on them .

their name should be -- make beliefs

sha-na-na-na eheh goodbye leafs
Beans15 Posted - 12/08/2009 : 16:46:11
quote:
Originally posted by Matt_Roberts85

quote:
Originally posted by Guest9298

I'd just like to point out that Montreal kicked Boston's butt and then Boston absolutely ruined Toronto on Saturday.

So basically everyone arguing for Toronto in this thread has been proven, well, totally wrong. They are still garbage. And beaten by the goalie they traded to get Kessel - a fine trade, except when you realize they could have traded Pogge and kept Rask, which, at this point, would seem a better move.

I also agree Montreal's team is a bit suspect right now... but also that minus Kaberle all year Toronto would be even worse than Carolina still, whereas Markov is a premiere defenseman and Montreal is still salvaging some points/dignity without him.

And come on: Ole, Ole, Ole isn't a football chant anymore in Montreal. It's been adapted.
Better than chanting, oh, I don't know, NOTHING, like they do in Toronto since people are too busy on their blackberries to look up. And yeah, I'm a born and bred Torontonian. :P

No, its still a soccer chant. No matter how hard you guys try to claim it, it will always be a soccer chant. Deal with it.

Who cares if it's a soccer chant??? One might say that it's actually a bull fighting chant, but who's keeping score??

By the way, what is the Leafs Chant????
goleafsgosjnb Posted - 12/08/2009 : 15:45:05
btw, loves the "OLE" chant. Atmosphere in the Bell Centre is phenomenal, wouldn't change a thing about that.
goleafsgosjnb Posted - 12/08/2009 : 15:43:41
Now I know comparing Leafs and Habs this year is like comparing rotten apples to bad oranges, but the whole "but Markov is out" argument is irrelevant. The Leafs had 2 goalies down for a stretch in October and their only scorer down for a month. Everyone's got injuries, no excuses guys.

That being said both these teams are going nowhere fast this year, I sure hope the Leafs young guns are ready to step in next year because the core is just lacking in talent.

Same goes to the Habs, I don't pay much attention to their prospects but they better be some good because a core built around Gomez-Cammaleri-Gionta will never intimidate anyone. Least you guys get a first rounder for your terrible team lol
Matt_Roberts85 Posted - 12/08/2009 : 08:07:59
quote:

I'd just like to point out that Montreal kicked Boston's butt and then Boston absolutely ruined Toronto on Saturday.

So basically everyone arguing for Toronto in this thread has been proven, well, totally wrong. They are still garbage. And beaten by the goalie they traded to get Kessel - a fine trade, except when you realize they could have traded Pogge and kept Rask, which, at this point, would seem a better move.

I also agree Montreal's team is a bit suspect right now... but also that minus Kaberle all year Toronto would be even worse than Carolina still, whereas Markov is a premiere defenseman and Montreal is still salvaging some points/dignity without him.

And come on: Ole, Ole, Ole isn't a football chant anymore in Montreal. It's been adapted.
Better than chanting, oh, I don't know, NOTHING, like they do in Toronto since people are too busy on their blackberries to look up. And yeah, I'm a born and bred Torontonian. :P

No, its still a soccer chant. No matter how hard you guys try to claim it, it will always be a soccer chant. Deal with it.

Matt_Roberts85 Posted - 12/08/2009 : 08:04:26
quote:
Originally posted by Guest7752

quote:

And come on: Ole, Ole, Ole isn't a football chant anymore in Montreal. It's been adapted. Better than chanting, oh, I don't know, NOTHING, like they do in Toronto since people are too busy on their blackberries to look up. And yeah, I'm a born and bred Torontonian. :P

That's a good one... and I'm sure the Blackberry folks are actually following the play-by-play on TSN since they can't figure out what's happening on the ice.
Funny how the leaf fans' commentary goes silent after such a sweet feeling the previous night or 2...

Ok so... Toronto smokes Montreal, Montreal smokes Boston, then Boston smokes Toronto...... this proves what exactly?

And like the dude above me mentioned Rask was traded for Raycroft, not kessel....

Ive sat in the 5th row at the bell centre and beleive it or not, people also have blackberries in Montreal as well, and yes, they do use them.

Toronto is on a tear, 5 points back of a playoff spot and right on Montreals heals with a game in hand. Keep the smack talk coming, things are just getting interesting.

Guest1757 Posted - 12/07/2009 : 11:18:30
The Ottawa/Calgary/Vancouver fans are more focused on their team getting some wins as opposed to basking in glory of a shut out a few nights ago. Neither side makes much of an argument considering where you're at in the standings...it's basically just a lot of "just wait, we'll be really good down the road" comments. Sure there is a rivalry between MTL and T.O but arguing who is better when you're that far down is just sad
HawkinOilCountry Posted - 12/07/2009 : 09:02:29
As a western conference hockey fan, I can tell you that Calgary and Vancouver fans probably aren't all that interested in The two old maids of the NHL bickering. When Toronto or Montreal start being league contenders you might hear something.

When you're a fan of Calgary you don't need to say anything, your team's numbers kind of speak for themselves.

Ottawa fans might speak up now and then, but really, ottawa is like the quiet older brother right now, sitting back quietly, knowing they are better than TO and Montreal.

The arena wall in chicago should be credited with a goal.
Guest8100 Posted - 12/07/2009 : 08:59:13
Let us all just stop arguing and agree that the Calgary Flames are a far superior team to our Eastern brothers.

The west is the best !
Guest9818 Posted - 12/07/2009 : 08:48:42
Rask was traded to get Raycroft. If you want to sound condescending you should try to get your facts straight.

I wonder where the Ottawa, Calgary and Vancouver fans are? They should be all over both these teams.
Guest7752 Posted - 12/07/2009 : 08:15:54
quote:

And come on: Ole, Ole, Ole isn't a football chant anymore in Montreal. It's been adapted. Better than chanting, oh, I don't know, NOTHING, like they do in Toronto since people are too busy on their blackberries to look up. And yeah, I'm a born and bred Torontonian. :P

That's a good one... and I'm sure the Blackberry folks are actually following the play-by-play on TSN since they can't figure out what's happening on the ice.
Funny how the leaf fans' commentary goes silent after such a sweet feeling the previous night or 2...
Guest9298 Posted - 12/06/2009 : 09:18:34

n/a Posted - 12/04/2009 : 10:36:39
Moderator Slozo: Watch the personal attacks, folks - no need for the swearing and personal attacks. Maturity carries more resonance.

Ex-English teacher Slozo: And btw, the phrase is actually "waiting with bated breath" - bated is an old middle-english term meaning 'restrained breath'. Now you know.

"Take off, eh?" - Bob and Doug
Guest2101 Posted - 12/04/2009 : 09:18:50
'Leafs will be a powerhouse in two years' LOL

[ moderator edit - abusive language ] Leafs suck and always will. Burke is a moron.

All Leafs fans can [ moderator edit - abusive language ]
Odin Posted - 12/04/2009 : 08:23:43
quote:
Originally posted by Tiller33

quote:

look at the amazing responses within an hour of my post....
I knew you leaf fans were all waiting with tainted breath.... and with your answers already typed up ready to be posted....
you're so predicable, and so brainwashed by your local media, it's pathetic.
12th place is better than 14th place, last i checked
it's 1 game in hand - not a couple
i was never rejoicing about 12th place, merely stating it's better than 14th...
why don't you leaf fans read without your blinders on.... and without your usual paranoia in the back of your minds

Beautiful attempt at poetry but i belive the turn of phrase you were attempting is waiting with baited breath ...

No body here is planning a leafs parade route its one game ... one really really sweet game .... were still a terrible team with a terrible record , but we spanked you

I guess the play on words was lost on you. I actually thought it was quite funny. And did I miss it? I don't recall anybody mentioning a parade. Guilty conscience?

Guest2622 Posted - 12/04/2009 : 08:19:25
quote:

quote:

I knew you leaf fans were all waiting with tainted breath.... and with your answers already typed up ready to be posted....
why don't you leaf fans read without your blinders on.... and without your usual paranoia in the back of your minds

Beautiful attempt at poetry but i belive the turn of phrase you were attempting is waiting with baited breath ...

No body here is planning a leafs parade route its one game ... one really really sweet game .... were still a terrible team with a terrible record , but we spanked you

I guess the play on words was lost on you. I actually thought it was quite funny.
Matt_Roberts85 Posted - 12/04/2009 : 07:54:29
Burke Wins Again.

They are going to regret that Gomez trade for a looooooooooong time

Guest2291 Posted - 12/04/2009 : 06:46:29
Message to Les Habs Fans....Gainey has Montreal put into the same position as fergeson put the leafs into several years ago, too many overpaid players who are not good enough to win the cup. Basically he is stuck with them. YE KNOW IT TOO, Gionta is good though. At least Toronto has plenty of cap space ( for I. Kovalchuk ). Any fool can see that these 2 teams are going in opposite directions, the leafs are only starting to play hockey, AND BOY ARE THEY PLAYING, just wait 2 more months and then look at the standings. 2 more years and toronto will be a power house.....2 more years and montreal will be the 2007/2008 version of the maple leafs........I just have 1 question for habs fans.....why in the name of god would bob gainy clear up 7 million in NY rangers cap space enabling them to sign gaborik instead of just signing gaborik himself ?????one of the most stupid hockey moves ever.......what kind of a GM cleans up another teams mess like that.....stupid, stupid...maybe he is related to fergie
Hugh G. Rection Posted - 12/04/2009 : 04:07:44
To be fair, Markov (montreal's best player and most important) has been out, Gomez just came back and Gionta is still out. How good would toronto be if you took away Kaberle, Stajan and Blake? (Ok Blake may actually improve the team). Who cares anyways, both teams won't make the playoffs, and at least Montreal gets to keep their draft picks.
hanley6 Posted - 12/03/2009 : 21:10:06
Leafs are currently only 6 Points out of a Playoff spot with lots of games left... GO Leafs GO

...And the LEAFS Win the CUP
n/a Posted - 12/03/2009 : 20:56:36
In fact, I wouldn't count the shootout goal in Montreal's win . . . the NHL doesn't count it as a real goal, so Leafs and Habs fans shouldn't.

So, so far, head to head: tied in points, Leafs outscored them 10-8, and the only true 'whupping' was just given by Toronto . . . IN Montreal.

But as someone pointed out . . . at this moment in the standings, it's two old ladies hitting each other with purses, so not really much to brag about for either.

"Take off, eh?" - Bob and Doug
Leafs81 Posted - 12/03/2009 : 15:02:41
quote:

I'll bite....
You leaf fans can't wait for someone to comment on your boasting, so here goes...

We all know Leafs won, won big, and spanked the habs silly.
On a night, which by the way, was not a centennial celebration night. Habs reserved that special occasion for a real team, real rivalry - the Burins on the 4th.

Keep in mind that after 3 games between these two so far:
habs have 2 wins - leafs have 1
habs scored 9 goals - leafs scored 6
habs are in 12 position in East with 26 points - leafs in 14th with 21 points
... looks like gainey is still winning the war afer suffering a bad loss

Ok I will say it.

First of all Toronto lost both there games after regulation, therefore they were awarded with a point. So in three games the Habs and the Leafs has 4 points each. It's a tie here.

And look at the score. Leafs scored a total of 10 goals. Habs scored a total of 9 goals.
The score were 4-3 (ot) for Montreal, 5-4 (shootout) for Montreal, and then 3-0 for Toronto.

Where the hell did you get 6 goals scored by Toronto????
Guest3349 Posted - 12/02/2009 : 17:58:56
quote:
Originally posted by JOSHUACANADA

quote:
Originally posted by Guest3349

quote:

I'll bite....
You leaf fans can't wait for someone to comment on your boasting, so here goes...

We all know Leafs won, won big, and spanked the habs silly.
On a night, which by the way, was not a centennial celebration night. Habs reserved that special occasion for a real team, real rivalry - the Burins on the 4th.

Keep in mind that after 3 games between these two so far:
habs have 2 wins - leafs have 1
habs scored 9 goals - leafs scored 6
habs are in 12 position in East with 26 points - leafs in 14th with 21 points
... looks like gainey is still winning the war afer suffering a bad loss

really? the bruins are a real team? what does that make the leafs then? imaginary.. woow thats crazy my whole life i thought that there was 30 teams in the nhl but really theres only 29. wiiiierd. someone should really inform "leaf nation" they would be shocked! and as for the burke gainey war, its way to early to tell whos winning. burke inherited alot of players who he probably didnt want. this isnt really burkes team yet.

Come on, Burke had a half year, a draft and a summer to burn through 20 million to make this team a playoff team. Outside of Kessel the results have been pretty clear. Burke needs to tear it down again. Wilson is no magician. And the Bruins are way more or a cohesive unit and a complete team than the leafs are today. The leafs have 2 players most teams would kill to have. 6-8 regulars who would be regulars on most teams rosters. The goalie situation is brutal and they are hanging there hopes around the neck of a young european goalie who has been injured 3 times in a short season and has a horrible record thus far.

1. yes burke did have that time but he is handcuffed by some terrible signings from previous gms. finger, blake and toskala come to mind right away, he inherited them and really has no choice but to stick with them. this is definatley NOT the team burke wants so far. i still stand by that its waaay to early to judge whos winning being burke and gainey. come on 2 games to 1? a lead by three goals over a season series.
2. as for gustavsson, nobody said we had all our hopes hanging on this guy, i think hes a good goalie with lots of potential to become a great goalie. last year "the goalie world magazine" rated the monster as the number one goalie outside of the nhl. once again a GOOD goalie with potential to become a GREAT goalie (just so you wont get confused)
3. the injuries.. out of the three times he got injured two were the irregular heartbeat which is actually common in athletes (i think your counting it twice, he had it in training camp too. if not im sorry) he got taken out of last nights game as a precaution and his heartbeat slowed down on its own, not nearly like a "injury prone" type injury such as a nagging knee (depietro, yes i realize i spelt that wrong) and the other injury was a groin which is a pretty common injury once again not like a nagging injury that will keep surfacing
Tiller33 Posted - 12/02/2009 : 12:50:33
cycling ... cycling?? My chirst

Guest9818 Posted - 12/02/2009 : 12:45:36
quote:
Originally posted by Guest9818

C'mon guys... Leaf Fans... Hab Fans.... we both have storied franchises and lots of history, that is true. But both teams are going through changes and are having a pretty tough go of it. The only thing that's more pathetic than our on ice play is the ongoing argument from fans of which team is "less worse", that's right I won't bring myself to say better.

LOL... I can only re-iterate the above... this is pathetic.
Guest7752 Posted - 12/02/2009 : 12:41:41
quote:

quote:

Tainted is the only word correct when used in the same sentance as Toronto

Sentence as Toronto don't worry bud i'm with you we'll stay at this all night til you work it out

all night?
oh, maybe not for me, habs fans have better things to do than think about forums, spelling, tsn, and hockey all night
unlike leaf fans where everything goes to bed at 9:00, so all night with your computer is probably a fun night for you
Tiller33 Posted - 12/02/2009 : 12:30:52
quote:

Sentence as Toronto don't worry bud i'm with you we'll stay at this all night til you work it out

Matt_Roberts85 Posted - 12/02/2009 : 12:23:10
Tainted is a good word for all of 7752's posts. They are all tainted with anti toronto spew.

Dont ever stop, it keeps things interesting.

Guest7752 Posted - 12/02/2009 : 12:19:42
quote:

quote:

JOSHUACANADA Posted - 12/02/2009 : 12:03:44
quote:

I agree, I like the Heatley deal but hiding behind Ray Emery and slaughtering a team that was in the finals 2 years ago was pretty awful.

So in the same span as it took Burke to keep a bad team bad, it took Murray to make a Cup contender into a non playoff team

I am of the opinion that this years Sen`s have fixed the problems with which Emery and company cause throughout the lineup. Without significant lineup changes, Ottawa is IMO a playoff team. Same amount of time Burke has done little to improve a bleak situation. Actually I think they have gone from Playoff bubble to bubble gum chewer`s and will be golfing with pride come late April-May.

Listen Tiller, I am not a leafs basher. I dont hate your team. I am just sharing hockey knowledge, while reading your knowledge and opinions. They are a few well rounded forwards short of a playoff team and need to solve the Goaltending problem, pronto.
Matt_Roberts85 Posted - 12/02/2009 : 11:59:24
quote:

You are good at what you do bud. You're a great troll. You seem to be prepared to jump all over anything a leaf fan says, you must have it all prepared and planned out. Good job.

Leafs have 1 thing over this years version of the habs, hard work.

The leafs work their f***in asses off every game and its the only reason why they are even as close to the pack as they are. The talent on this team drops off significantly after the top 3 or 4 players and wilson has them working like dogs. The habs put in a piss poor effort last night and they have not been playing with that fire you need to succeed.

They have accumulated extra time points because of their skill, but unless they start to put forth a more consistant effort you will see the habs slide down the standings.

Tiller33 Posted - 12/02/2009 : 11:58:07
quote:

Tiller33 Posted - 12/02/2009 : 11:51:40
I agree, I like the Heatley deal but hiding behind Ray Emery and slaughtering a team that was in the finals 2 years ago was pretty awful.

So in the same span as it took Burke to keep a bad team bad, it took Murray to make a Cup contender into a non playoff team

Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page