Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Search
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?
 All Forums
 Hockey Forums
Allow Anonymous Posting forum... General Hockey Chat
 toronto shut out montreal what a sweet feeling. Allow Anonymous Users Reply to This Topic...
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 2

Guest5563
( )

Posted - 12/01/2009 :  20:10:26  Reply with Quote
frenchies need to stop shouting that the other team sucks.

Matt_Roberts85
PickupHockey Pro

Canada
936 Posts

Posted - 12/02/2009 :  07:46:52  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
something i found funny about last nights game.

here we are in Montreal, the habs are playing the leafs and the Montreal Alouettes are on the ice with the grey cup. The crowd is cheering "Ole Ole Ole" and I understand that its the thing they do in Montreal but really, a soccer chant at a hockey game, for a football team.

I know its not a big deal but I just find it kind of funny.

The Leafs are starting to look like a team with an identity finally, burke and wilsons in your face style is really starting to show. Great game boys.

Chipchura played last night and was traded to the ducks for a 4th round pick this morning.... wierd...

There is no "I" in team, but there is an "M" and an "E".
Go to Top of Page

Tiller33
PickupHockey Pro

389 Posts

Posted - 12/02/2009 :  09:25:19  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Gainey wi... oh sorry Burke wins shut out a team on their Centennial celebration night with your 3rd goalie playing 2 periods ... priceless

There's a lot of dirty old occ's around thats the problem
Go to Top of Page

Leafs81
PickupHockey Pro

735 Posts

Posted - 12/02/2009 :  09:44:28  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Matt_Roberts85

something i found funny about last nights game.

here we are in Montreal, the habs are playing the leafs and the Montreal Alouettes are on the ice with the grey cup. The crowd is cheering "Ole Ole Ole" and I understand that its the thing they do in Montreal but really, a soccer chant at a hockey game, for a football team.

I know its not a big deal but I just find it kind of funny.

The Leafs are starting to look like a team with an identity finally, burke and wilsons in your face style is really starting to show. Great game boys.

Chipchura played last night and was traded to the ducks for a 4th round pick this morning.... wierd...

Really???? I didn't know about Chipchura. It's all Kessel and Finger fault haha...

It was a sweet game to watch. And before anybody starts saying its just a victory and blah blah blah. Well it's one sweet victory and even if we don't make the playoffs we would still love to see the Leafs in front of the Canadiens at the end of the regular season.
Go to Top of Page

n/a
deleted

4809 Posts

Posted - 12/02/2009 :  09:53:18  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Guest 5563: Your statement here about "frenchies" is skating very, very close to the line of being a bigotted comment.

I trust that you meant it in an endearing, colourful way, and would ask that you characterise "frenchies" as perhaps something else in the future to avoid editting: Quebecois (Quebeckers?), Montrealers, Habs fans, Canadiens fans, etc.

We don't want to alienate the fans of any team here, thanks!

"Take off, eh?" - Bob and Doug
Go to Top of Page

Guest4946
( )

Posted - 12/02/2009 :  09:58:08  Reply with Quote
It kills me to see the Maple Leafs winning. At least they won't win often.

The one thing that always brings a smile to my face is watching Wayne Gretzky clip Gilmour in 93. That will never change.
Go to Top of Page

Tiller33
PickupHockey Pro

389 Posts

Posted - 12/02/2009 :  10:09:17  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Guest4946

It kills me to see the Maple Leafs winning. At least they won't win often.

The one thing that always brings a smile to my face is watching Wayne Gretzky clip Gilmour in 93. That will never change.

I didn't know Kerry Fraser visited pickuphockey.com

Go to Top of Page

Guest4687
( )

Posted - 12/02/2009 :  10:21:43  Reply with Quote
Who cares? Leaf's suck and will always suck.
Go to Top of Page

Guest7752
( )

Posted - 12/02/2009 :  10:30:36  Reply with Quote
I'll bite....
You leaf fans can't wait for someone to comment on your boasting, so here goes...

We all know Leafs won, won big, and spanked the habs silly.
On a night, which by the way, was not a centennial celebration night. Habs reserved that special occasion for a real team, real rivalry - the Burins on the 4th.

Keep in mind that after 3 games between these two so far:
habs have 2 wins - leafs have 1
habs scored 9 goals - leafs scored 6
habs are in 12 position in East with 26 points - leafs in 14th with 21 points
... looks like gainey is still winning the war afer suffering a bad loss
Go to Top of Page

Guest3349
( )

Posted - 12/02/2009 :  10:47:10  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Guest7752

I'll bite....
You leaf fans can't wait for someone to comment on your boasting, so here goes...

On a night, which by the way, was not a centennial celebration night. Habs reserved that special occasion for a real team, real rivalry - the Burins on the 4th.

really? the bruins are a real team? what does that make the leafs then? imaginary.. woow thats crazy my whole life i thought that there was 30 teams in the nhl but really theres only 29. wiiiierd. someone should really inform "leaf nation" they would be shocked! and as for the burke gainey war, its way to early to tell whos winning. burke inherited alot of players who he probably didnt want. this isnt really burkes team yet.
Go to Top of Page

Guest0247
( )

Posted - 12/02/2009 :  11:01:59  Reply with Quote
I think you forgot to mention the Leafs also have a couple games in hand on the habs. Things are alot closer then you probably want them to be!

Only worse then the leafs nation is the the Habs Hipocrates
Go to Top of Page

Guest9818
( )

Posted - 12/02/2009 :  11:10:43  Reply with Quote
C'mon guys... Leaf Fans... Hab Fans.... we both have storied franchises and lots of history, that is true. But both teams are going through changes and are having a pretty tough go of it. The only thing that's more pathetic than our on ice play is the ongoing argument from fans of which team is "less worse", that's right I won't bring myself to say better.
Go to Top of Page

JOSHUACANADA
PickupHockey Veteran

Canada
2308 Posts

Posted - 12/02/2009 :  11:14:32  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Guest3349

quote:

I'll bite....

really? the bruins are a real team? what does that make the leafs then? imaginary.. woow thats crazy my whole life i thought that there was 30 teams in the nhl but really theres only 29. wiiiierd. someone should really inform "leaf nation" they would be shocked! and as for the burke gainey war, its way to early to tell whos winning. burke inherited alot of players who he probably didnt want. this isnt really burkes team yet.

Come on, Burke had a half year, a draft and a summer to burn through 20 million to make this team a playoff team. Outside of Kessel the results have been pretty clear. Burke needs to tear it down again. Wilson is no magician. And the Bruins are way more or a cohesive unit and a complete team than the leafs are today. The leafs have 2 players most teams would kill to have. 6-8 regulars who would be regulars on most teams rosters. The goalie situation is brutal and they are hanging there hopes around the neck of a young european goalie who has been injured 3 times in a short season and has a horrible record thus far.
Go to Top of Page

Tiller33
PickupHockey Pro

389 Posts

Posted - 12/02/2009 :  11:23:47  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Haha thats precious bragging about being 12th in the league keep grasping at straws bud.

At least we own up to being a terrible team ... Team seems to be missing a bit of leadership Miss Koivu yet?

Go to Top of Page

Tiller33
PickupHockey Pro

389 Posts

Posted - 12/02/2009 :  11:28:01  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Ya Burke can take lessons on how to tear down a team from Bryan Murray building it back up again well he'll have to look somewhere else for a role model on that one

Go to Top of Page

JOSHUACANADA
PickupHockey Veteran

Canada
2308 Posts

Posted - 12/02/2009 :  11:30:41  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Tiller33

Ya Burke can take lessons on how to tear down a team from Bryan Murray building it back up again well he'll have to look somewhere else for a role model on that one

Murray could have done worse with the Heatley situation. I'm not promoting my team for the benifit of bashing yours.
Go to Top of Page

Guest7752
( )

Posted - 12/02/2009 :  11:41:55  Reply with Quote
look at the amazing responses within an hour of my post....
I knew you leaf fans were all waiting with tainted breath.... and with your answers already typed up ready to be posted....
you're so predicable, and so brainwashed by your local media, it's pathetic.
12th place is better than 14th place, last i checked
it's 1 game in hand - not a couple
i was never rejoicing about 12th place, merely stating it's better than 14th...
why don't you leaf fans read without your blinders on.... and without your usual paranoia in the back of your minds
Go to Top of Page

Tiller33
PickupHockey Pro

389 Posts

Posted - 12/02/2009 :  11:51:40  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I agree, I like the Heatley deal but hiding behind Ray Emery and slaughtering a team that was in the finals 2 years ago was pretty awful.

So in the same span as it took Burke to keep a bad team bad, it took Murray to make a Cup contender into a non playoff team

Go to Top of Page

Tiller33
PickupHockey Pro

389 Posts

Posted - 12/02/2009 :  11:58:07  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:

I knew you leaf fans were all waiting with tainted breath.... and with your answers already typed up ready to be posted....
why don't you leaf fans read without your blinders on.... and without your usual paranoia in the back of your minds

Beautiful attempt at poetry but i belive the turn of phrase you were attempting is waiting with baited breath ...

No body here is planning a leafs parade route its one game ... one really really sweet game .... were still a terrible team with a terrible record , but we spanked you

Edited by - Tiller33 on 12/02/2009 11:58:39
Go to Top of Page

Matt_Roberts85
PickupHockey Pro

Canada
936 Posts

Posted - 12/02/2009 :  11:59:24  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:

You are good at what you do bud. You're a great troll. You seem to be prepared to jump all over anything a leaf fan says, you must have it all prepared and planned out. Good job.

Leafs have 1 thing over this years version of the habs, hard work.

The leafs work their f***in asses off every game and its the only reason why they are even as close to the pack as they are. The talent on this team drops off significantly after the top 3 or 4 players and wilson has them working like dogs. The habs put in a piss poor effort last night and they have not been playing with that fire you need to succeed.

They have accumulated extra time points because of their skill, but unless they start to put forth a more consistant effort you will see the habs slide down the standings.

Go to Top of Page

JOSHUACANADA
PickupHockey Veteran

Canada
2308 Posts

Posted - 12/02/2009 :  12:03:44  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:

I agree, I like the Heatley deal but hiding behind Ray Emery and slaughtering a team that was in the finals 2 years ago was pretty awful.

So in the same span as it took Burke to keep a bad team bad, it took Murray to make a Cup contender into a non playoff team

I am of the opinion that this years Sen`s have fixed the problems with which Emery and company cause throughout the lineup. Without significant lineup changes, Ottawa is IMO a playoff team. Same amount of time Burke has done little to improve a bleak situation. Actually I think they have gone from Playoff bubble to bubble gum chewer`s and will be golfing with pride come late April-May.

Listen Tiller, I am not a leafs basher. I dont hate your team. I am just sharing hockey knowledge, while reading your knowledge and opinions. They are a few well rounded forwards short of a playoff team and need to solve the Goaltending problem, pronto.
Go to Top of Page

Guest7752
( )

Posted - 12/02/2009 :  12:19:42  Reply with Quote
quote:

quote:

Beautiful attempt at poetry but i belive the turn of phrase you were attempting is waiting with baited breath ...

No body here is planning a leafs parade route its one game ... one really really sweet game .... were still a terrible team with a terrible record , but we spanked you

Tainted is the only word correct when used in the same sentance as Toronto
Go to Top of Page

Matt_Roberts85
PickupHockey Pro

Canada
936 Posts

Posted - 12/02/2009 :  12:23:10  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Tainted is a good word for all of 7752's posts. They are all tainted with anti toronto spew.

Dont ever stop, it keeps things interesting.

Go to Top of Page

Tiller33
PickupHockey Pro

389 Posts

Posted - 12/02/2009 :  12:30:52  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:

Sentence as Toronto don't worry bud i'm with you we'll stay at this all night til you work it out

Edited by - Tiller33 on 12/02/2009 12:31:35
Go to Top of Page

Guest7752
( )

Posted - 12/02/2009 :  12:41:41  Reply with Quote
quote:

quote:

Sentence as Toronto don't worry bud i'm with you we'll stay at this all night til you work it out

all night?
oh, maybe not for me, habs fans have better things to do than think about forums, spelling, tsn, and hockey all night
unlike leaf fans where everything goes to bed at 9:00, so all night with your computer is probably a fun night for you
Go to Top of Page

Guest9818
( )

Posted - 12/02/2009 :  12:45:36  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Guest9818

C'mon guys... Leaf Fans... Hab Fans.... we both have storied franchises and lots of history, that is true. But both teams are going through changes and are having a pretty tough go of it. The only thing that's more pathetic than our on ice play is the ongoing argument from fans of which team is "less worse", that's right I won't bring myself to say better.

LOL... I can only re-iterate the above... this is pathetic.
Go to Top of Page

Tiller33
PickupHockey Pro

389 Posts

Posted - 12/02/2009 :  12:50:33  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
cycling ... cycling?? My chirst

Go to Top of Page

Guest3349
( )

Posted - 12/02/2009 :  17:58:56  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by JOSHUACANADA

quote:
Originally posted by Guest3349

quote:

I'll bite....

Come on, Burke had a half year, a draft and a summer to burn through 20 million to make this team a playoff team. Outside of Kessel the results have been pretty clear. Burke needs to tear it down again. Wilson is no magician. And the Bruins are way more or a cohesive unit and a complete team than the leafs are today. The leafs have 2 players most teams would kill to have. 6-8 regulars who would be regulars on most teams rosters. The goalie situation is brutal and they are hanging there hopes around the neck of a young european goalie who has been injured 3 times in a short season and has a horrible record thus far.

1. yes burke did have that time but he is handcuffed by some terrible signings from previous gms. finger, blake and toskala come to mind right away, he inherited them and really has no choice but to stick with them. this is definatley NOT the team burke wants so far. i still stand by that its waaay to early to judge whos winning being burke and gainey. come on 2 games to 1? a lead by three goals over a season series.
2. as for gustavsson, nobody said we had all our hopes hanging on this guy, i think hes a good goalie with lots of potential to become a great goalie. last year "the goalie world magazine" rated the monster as the number one goalie outside of the nhl. once again a GOOD goalie with potential to become a GREAT goalie (just so you wont get confused)
3. the injuries.. out of the three times he got injured two were the irregular heartbeat which is actually common in athletes (i think your counting it twice, he had it in training camp too. if not im sorry) he got taken out of last nights game as a precaution and his heartbeat slowed down on its own, not nearly like a "injury prone" type injury such as a nagging knee (depietro, yes i realize i spelt that wrong) and the other injury was a groin which is a pretty common injury once again not like a nagging injury that will keep surfacing
Go to Top of Page

Leafs81
PickupHockey Pro

735 Posts

Posted - 12/03/2009 :  15:02:41  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:

I'll bite....

Ok I will say it.

First of all Toronto lost both there games after regulation, therefore they were awarded with a point. So in three games the Habs and the Leafs has 4 points each. It's a tie here.

And look at the score. Leafs scored a total of 10 goals. Habs scored a total of 9 goals.
The score were 4-3 (ot) for Montreal, 5-4 (shootout) for Montreal, and then 3-0 for Toronto.

Where the hell did you get 6 goals scored by Toronto????
Go to Top of Page

n/a
deleted

4809 Posts

Posted - 12/03/2009 :  20:56:36  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
In fact, I wouldn't count the shootout goal in Montreal's win . . . the NHL doesn't count it as a real goal, so Leafs and Habs fans shouldn't.

So, so far, head to head: tied in points, Leafs outscored them 10-8, and the only true 'whupping' was just given by Toronto . . . IN Montreal.

But as someone pointed out . . . at this moment in the standings, it's two old ladies hitting each other with purses, so not really much to brag about for either.

Go to Top of Page

hanley6
PickupHockey Pro

Canada
674 Posts

Posted - 12/03/2009 :  21:10:06  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Leafs are currently only 6 Points out of a Playoff spot with lots of games left... GO Leafs GO

...And the LEAFS Win the CUP
Go to Top of Page

Hugh G. Rection
Rookie

165 Posts

Posted - 12/04/2009 :  04:07:44  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
To be fair, Markov (montreal's best player and most important) has been out, Gomez just came back and Gionta is still out. How good would toronto be if you took away Kaberle, Stajan and Blake? (Ok Blake may actually improve the team). Who cares anyways, both teams won't make the playoffs, and at least Montreal gets to keep their draft picks.
Go to Top of Page

Guest2291
( )

Posted - 12/04/2009 :  06:46:29  Reply with Quote
Message to Les Habs Fans....Gainey has Montreal put into the same position as fergeson put the leafs into several years ago, too many overpaid players who are not good enough to win the cup. Basically he is stuck with them. YE KNOW IT TOO, Gionta is good though. At least Toronto has plenty of cap space ( for I. Kovalchuk ). Any fool can see that these 2 teams are going in opposite directions, the leafs are only starting to play hockey, AND BOY ARE THEY PLAYING, just wait 2 more months and then look at the standings. 2 more years and toronto will be a power house.....2 more years and montreal will be the 2007/2008 version of the maple leafs........I just have 1 question for habs fans.....why in the name of god would bob gainy clear up 7 million in NY rangers cap space enabling them to sign gaborik instead of just signing gaborik himself ?????one of the most stupid hockey moves ever.......what kind of a GM cleans up another teams mess like that.....stupid, stupid...maybe he is related to fergie
Go to Top of Page

Matt_Roberts85
PickupHockey Pro

Canada
936 Posts

Posted - 12/04/2009 :  07:54:29  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Burke Wins Again.

They are going to regret that Gomez trade for a looooooooooong time

Go to Top of Page

Guest2622
( )

Posted - 12/04/2009 :  08:19:25  Reply with Quote
quote:

quote:

I guess the play on words was lost on you. I actually thought it was quite funny.
Go to Top of Page

Odin
PickupHockey Pro

Canada
350 Posts

Posted - 12/04/2009 :  08:23:43  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:

quote:

I guess the play on words was lost on you. I actually thought it was quite funny. And did I miss it? I don't recall anybody mentioning a parade. Guilty conscience?

Go to Top of Page

Guest2101
( )

Posted - 12/04/2009 :  09:18:50  Reply with Quote
'Leafs will be a powerhouse in two years' LOL

[ moderator edit - abusive language ] Leafs suck and always will. Burke is a moron.

All Leafs fans can [ moderator edit - abusive language ]

Edited by - n/a on 12/04/2009 10:26:35
Go to Top of Page

n/a
deleted

4809 Posts

Posted - 12/04/2009 :  10:36:39  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Moderator Slozo: Watch the personal attacks, folks - no need for the swearing and personal attacks. Maturity carries more resonance.

Ex-English teacher Slozo: And btw, the phrase is actually "waiting with bated breath" - bated is an old middle-english term meaning 'restrained breath'. Now you know.

Go to Top of Page

Guest9298
( )

Posted - 12/06/2009 :  09:18:34  Reply with Quote
I'd just like to point out that Montreal kicked Boston's butt and then Boston absolutely ruined Toronto on Saturday.

So basically everyone arguing for Toronto in this thread has been proven, well, totally wrong. They are still garbage. And beaten by the goalie they traded to get Kessel - a fine trade, except when you realize they could have traded Pogge and kept Rask, which, at this point, would seem a better move.

I also agree Montreal's team is a bit suspect right now... but also that minus Kaberle all year Toronto would be even worse than Carolina still, whereas Markov is a premiere defenseman and Montreal is still salvaging some points/dignity without him.

And come on: Ole, Ole, Ole isn't a football chant anymore in Montreal. It's been adapted. Better than chanting, oh, I don't know, NOTHING, like they do in Toronto since people are too busy on their blackberries to look up. And yeah, I'm a born and bred Torontonian. :P
Go to Top of Page

Guest7752
( )

Posted - 12/07/2009 :  08:15:54  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Guest9298

I'd just like to point out that Montreal kicked Boston's butt and then Boston absolutely ruined Toronto on Saturday.

So basically everyone arguing for Toronto in this thread has been proven, well, totally wrong. They are still garbage. And beaten by the goalie they traded to get Kessel - a fine trade, except when you realize they could have traded Pogge and kept Rask, which, at this point, would seem a better move.

I also agree Montreal's team is a bit suspect right now... but also that minus Kaberle all year Toronto would be even worse than Carolina still, whereas Markov is a premiere defenseman and Montreal is still salvaging some points/dignity without him.

And come on: Ole, Ole, Ole isn't a football chant anymore in Montreal. It's been adapted. Better than chanting, oh, I don't know, NOTHING, like they do in Toronto since people are too busy on their blackberries to look up. And yeah, I'm a born and bred Torontonian. :P

That's a good one... and I'm sure the Blackberry folks are actually following the play-by-play on TSN since they can't figure out what's happening on the ice.
Funny how the leaf fans' commentary goes silent after such a sweet feeling the previous night or 2...
Go to Top of Page

Guest9818
( )

Posted - 12/07/2009 :  08:48:42  Reply with Quote
Rask was traded to get Raycroft. If you want to sound condescending you should try to get your facts straight.

I wonder where the Ottawa, Calgary and Vancouver fans are? They should be all over both these teams.
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Next Page
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page