Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?
 All Forums
 Hockey Forums
Allow Anonymous Posting forum... General Hockey Chat
 Place your Bets Comments

NOTICE!! This forum allows Anonymous Posting.
 Registered members please login above or input your User Name/Password before submitting!
Screensize:
Authority:  UserName:  Password:  (Member Only !)
  * Anonymous Posting please leave it blank. your temporary AnonyID is
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert Email Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

Check here to include your profile signature. (Member Only !)

T O P I C    R E V I E W
Beans15 Posted - 12/02/2010 : 13:55:12
If you want to:

Make a wager with a member or guest,
Discuss/Negotiate the terms of a wager,
talk smack about the wagers you are winning,

or

try to get out of your bet

please do it here.

40   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
Alex116 Posted - 05/31/2011 : 07:43:58
I noticed doublechamp has disappeared since the Canucks eliminated the Sharks?

Yooooooohoooooooo...........DC?
tbar Posted - 05/31/2011 : 06:17:33
quote:
Originally posted by Beans15

Didn't someone lose a bet when Washington did not make the East Final???

Yes I did and I need to pay up, havent been around for a long while, anyways I cant find the place your bets thread so no idea what the phrase I am supposed to put as my signature. For the lateness of this feel free to add a pic you would like to see as my avatar
Alex116 Posted - 05/10/2011 : 10:40:25
Beans.....I'm sure we'll have more, but i do thank you for the opportunity to recoup my loss. Now you just have to hope the Canucks don't have 8 more wins in them this season as i believe there was a bonus offered up my way if they go on to win the cup!
Beans15 Posted - 05/10/2011 : 09:57:21
quote:
Originally posted by Alex116

quote:

I dunno, but someone lost one with the Canucks advancing to the 3rd round for the third time in 5 years their existence.

Lucky for you, it only cost you what you were owed.

Absolutely right. I knew this bet was done when Vancouver beat Chicago. I wanted to see Nashville win, but I never expected them to at all.

Even. Good Win.
Alex116 Posted - 05/10/2011 : 07:40:41
quote:

You mean THIS one, between you and Tbar?

quote:

quote:
Originally posted by tbar

Beans you got any bets that would be for the duration of the Cup finals? If not I’ll bet the caps make the Eastern Conference Finals if they do you change your signature to "tbar is right again, man I should leave the hockey comments to people that actually play the game" and if not ill change mine to whatever you like. Not trying to be rude here, I would just laugh every time I read that.

To clarify - The Caps make the East Conf. Finals and my signature is "tbar is right again, man I should leave the hockey comments to people that actually play the game".

The Caps do not make the East Conf. Finals and your signature is " Should have listened to my coach more seeing how important they are to winning. You were right Beans......Again."

The signature must be part of your posts through the end of the 2011 playoffs.

Bet???

Alex116 Posted - 05/10/2011 : 07:34:15
quote:

I dunno, but someone lost one with the Canucks advancing to the 3rd round for the third time in 5 years their existence.

Lucky for you, it only cost you what you were owed.
Beans15 Posted - 05/10/2011 : 07:08:28
tbar Posted - 05/10/2011 : 06:57:34
quote:
Originally posted by Guest4746

quote:

Slozo, be careful not to count your chickens!! If Detroit finds a way to win the next two games, you will be taking that time to change your avatar from Les Habs to the Mighty Oil!!

I still owe Nuxfan a Tanner Glass inspired essay. I have not forgotten, I have been extremely busy at work. The company I am part of relies heavily on the agriculture industry in Alberta so it goes without saying that this is the prime time of my year.

Just want to make sure Nux knows I am not skipping out on our bet. I want to give it the justice it deserves.

I too have been extremly busy with work, I am also in the Ag. industrie. But anyhow I cant find the place your bets thread so just remind me what it is I have to put on my signature and ill be sure to make it happpen.

sorry but this was me.
Alex116 Posted - 05/09/2011 : 13:55:20
quote:

I still owe Nuxfan a Tanner Glass inspired essay. I have not forgotten, I have been extremely busy at work. The company I am part of relies heavily on the agriculture industry in Alberta so it goes without saying that this is the prime time of my year.

Just want to make sure Nux knows I am not skipping out on our bet. I want to give it the justice it deserves.

nuxfan.....i think Beans is holding out hope that Nashville makes the huge comeback to beat the Canucks. You see, if they do, the $25 i currently owe him, becomes $50! Then, he'll hire some kid with his extra winnings (the original $25 i have to assume he'll still buy some beers to celebrate the Canucks demise) to write his essay for him!

Could be a moot point tonight when the Canucks finish off these stubborn Preds! Then again, i said that last game too....
Beans15 Posted - 05/09/2011 : 11:30:30
quote:
Originally posted by slozo

quote:
Originally posted by Awesome One

Well, I see that Beans and Slozo are still supporting their "anti-avatars" so when does it stop?

Making the world more awesome, one step at a time!

For both bets (Beans losing bet with me, myself mosing bet with Pasty) it runs until the last second of the playoffs.

So, when, like, Vancouver is hoisting the Stanley Cup and they are all rejoicing, I will get to change my avatar back to a lovely Leaf blue and white, and I will be rejoicing too. Even if Boston or Nashville wins the cup, I will still be rejoicing! It's win-win really.

"Take off, eh?" - Bob and Doug

I was refering to this comment specifically. Anyone can win the Cup and you will rejoice. The only time you will not rejoice is if Detroit makes the West Finals.

Even if that happens, you will enjoy 50% of your summer as the avatar will have blue. The 50% I will appreciate for every second will be the orange.

Wishful thinking on my part though. I will be very surprised if SJ craps the bed in 4 straight games. I
n/a Posted - 05/09/2011 : 11:13:10
quote:

Slozo, be careful not to count your chickens!! If Detroit finds a way to win the next two games, you will be taking that time to change your avatar from Les Habs to the Mighty Oil!!

Wasn't counting that chicken egg, sir - please re-read. I was referring to why you had a Leafs avatar, and how long that bet lasted.

When he asks why you still have a Leaf avatar in July, Beans, THEN you can explain the story about your lifelong yearning to be a Leafs fan, even though you grew up in Edmonton in the 80s . . .

Guest4746 Posted - 05/09/2011 : 09:34:50
quote:

I too have been extremly busy with work, I am also in the Ag. industrie. But anyhow I cant find the place your bets thread so just remind me what it is I have to put on my signature and ill be sure to make it happpen.
Beans15 Posted - 05/09/2011 : 08:10:00

n/a Posted - 05/09/2011 : 05:30:28
quote:
Originally posted by Awesome One

Well, I see that Beans and Slozo are still supporting their "anti-avatars" so when does it stop?

For both bets (Beans losing bet with me, myself mosing bet with Pasty) it runs until the last second of the playoffs.

So, when, like, Vancouver is hoisting the Stanley Cup and they are all rejoicing, I will get to change my avatar back to a lovely Leaf blue and white, and I will be rejoicing too. Even if Boston or Nashville wins the cup, I will still be rejoicing! It's win-win really.

Awesome One Posted - 05/08/2011 : 18:53:52

MyTeamRules Posted - 04/11/2011 : 19:23:50
I lost my bet
Semin, the dangling skill he has. possibly the most prolific goal scorer there is. he may be a solo artist, but that does matter if you can pull it off. Wouldn't it be great if he was traded to Dallas? Semin may have been injured this year but expect a Rocket Richard next year from him!
Hope this was satisfactory.

Colorado was on a roll until Stewart got injured :/

”If you've only got one day to live, come see the Toronto Maple Leafs. It'll seem like forever. ” - Pat
Mario 66 Posted - 04/11/2011 : 07:38:27
Sens more satisfied your rocking the Leafs logo & I am not. Happy would be a little strong, had we agreed upon you rocking a pens logo then i would be very happy :)

Have a good one

In youth we learn; in age we understand
ToXXiK1 Posted - 04/11/2011 : 05:37:31
You're on !!
Boston in 4
Pasty7 Posted - 04/11/2011 : 04:01:31
Alright tox i'm willing to be just like the season series the habs beat the Bruins in 6 ,,, so hows this

Bruins win for the rest of the playoff i will support the Bruins and sport a Bruins Avatar,,

Habs win you support the Habs and sport a Habs avatar,,,

"I led the league in "Go get 'em next time." - Bob Uecker
Sensfan101 Posted - 04/11/2011 : 03:47:05
Here you go Mario happy?
nuxfan Posted - 04/10/2011 : 21:52:37
Alright Beans, its over - closer than I thought it would be, but then it all was this year.

I would like to see you post about the virtues, natural hockey talents, and general awesomeness of Tanner Glass, at some point over the next week. At least 100 words, posted in the General Hockey Forum for all to see.
Alex116 Posted - 04/08/2011 : 16:03:56
It's kinda a catch 22 for me as far as these avatar bets. While i do at times get sick of Mr Beans grill staring at me with that goofy look, it's so easy to follow along with threads when at a glance, you know who's writing what.

It's gonna be another long playoffs of confusing posters with unexpected avatars!!! (Mr. Boogety included)
Beans15 Posted - 04/08/2011 : 13:31:27
Ya, ok I had 5 spots. The other side of the bet had 10 spots. Regardless of the likelihood, there were double the opportunities for Slozo to win the bet than for me to win the bet.

Same went for my Chicago in 4th bet. That one was even worse as I only has 4 spots and the other side has 11 spots.

Your bet with me was the closest odds wise as I had 7 spots and you had 8.

Regardless, I lose a bet and I will pay the piper.
Alex116 Posted - 04/08/2011 : 12:28:28
Beans, not to get too technical, but didn't you have 5 spots, not 4? Either way, let's face it, while "anything's possible", there wasn't really much chance that TO was gonna finish in the top 4 or 5?
Beans15 Posted - 04/08/2011 : 12:05:04
No, dead wrong would have been the Leafs finishing in 5th or 6th. The bet was 10th or higher and 11th or lower. I was wrong by one position and had the Leafs not been one of the best teams in the East in the past 2 months and ATL one of the worst, I would be rubbing it in right now.

That being said, I also had 4 position out of 15 that would have won for me, so the odds were not in my favour.

I admit I lost the bet, but that as much as you get.
n/a Posted - 04/08/2011 : 05:43:16
quote:

I went 1 for 3 on my bets.

1 - Hit the post on TO. If ATL or NJ could have done anything in the final 3 weeks it would have been close. But, I will take my medicine when the time comes and not a split second before hand.

2 - I can't see Chicago making it to 4th but they still have an outside shot at 4th but it's very unlikely. I took the crap end of the odds on this bet and at one point of the season Chicago was like 11th in the West. Regardless, I will take my medicine but not a split second before hand.

3 - STL not making the playoffs, easy as pie. Heck, I would take that bet for next year today if someone was willing.

So what you're saying is . . . you lost in a landslide?

You lost fair and square on where the Leafs finished - end. of. story. If the Leafs had tied in points and were ahead on another tie-breaker . . . I would give you that "hit the post" comment, no worries.

But that is not the case. Leafs finish in tenth, clearly. The best Atlanta can is win both their last two games and finish one point behind the Leafers, if the blue and white lose against Montreal on Sat night. Right now, 5 points ahead.

Just admit it, Beans. You were wrong! Dead wrong!

In a landslide, of course.

tbar Posted - 04/07/2011 : 13:42:11
quote:

quote:

quote:

1 - Hit the post on TO. If ATL or NJ could have done anything in the final 3 weeks it would have been close. But, I will take my medicine when the time comes and not a split second before hand.

2 - I can't see Chicago making it to 4th but they still have an outside shot at 4th but it's very unlikely. I took the crap end of the odds on this bet and at one point of the season Chicago was like 11th in the West. Regardless, I will take my medicine but not a split second before hand.

3 - STL not making the playoffs, easy as pie. Heck, I would take that bet for next year today if someone was willing.

Wont be long till you can put another loss on that record!!

Really, don't you mean to say it will be a while before I can put another lose on the list??? I mean, if the Washington not making it out of the 2nd round bet is decided quickly, it will be in my favour.

So yes, make it happen quickly. Like a week or two tops.

What I was trying to get at is when the caps sweep the first two round which is pretty quick you know what you have to do
Beans15 Posted - 04/07/2011 : 13:33:49
quote:

quote:

Really, don't you mean to say it will be a while before I can put another lose on the list??? I mean, if the Washington not making it out of the 2nd round bet is decided quickly, it will be in my favour.

So yes, make it happen quickly. Like a week or two tops.
Alex116 Posted - 04/07/2011 : 12:30:59
quote:

This "someone" isn't willing . Not now anyway! Aside from the injuries, which were pretty bad, Halak didn't come close to expectations! He's somewhere around 17-18th in GAA and close to 30th in Save%! Maybe Montreal's D is much better than some give credit for?
Mario 66 Posted - 04/07/2011 : 12:09:13
Won't take St.Louis as a team, but lets not forget about our Chris Stewart for 80 pts next yr.

tbar Posted - 04/07/2011 : 11:42:59
quote:

Beans15 Posted - 04/07/2011 : 10:42:46

Mario 66 Posted - 04/07/2011 : 10:36:06
Thought I would change that previous smile for you SensFan. It's fiting that the sad face is blue as you will be holding down the lowly blue & white the next two months.

Mr. Boogedy your new signature line for the playoff's will be "Unlike Marc Andre Fleury, Carey Price is an undeserving starting goalie" Obvious Falacy, but it's sure to get a few people riled up at ya.

Good bet's gentleman thought i was in trouble last month.

Pasty7 Posted - 04/07/2011 : 04:34:22
quote:

But Pasty, think about the confusion that is about to ensue here on this site for the playoffs:

Beans wearing the blue and white of the Leafs . . . again.

Slozo (myself) wearing the Canadiens rouge, blanc et bleu . . . ugh.

Next thing you know, nuxfan will be wearing a Flames icon!

it is true we re gonna have guest's calling beans a foolish leaf fan, you a dumb habs fan,,, lucky for me i had the one bet and won so mr St. Patrick can stay my icon... but i must say our bet is a lot close than it seems take away last nights hat trick it could have gone either way, and on a side note i would be willing to bet right now on the leafs makeing the playoffs next season,,,

n/a Posted - 04/07/2011 : 04:29:59
But Pasty, think about the confusion that is about to ensue here on this site for the playoffs:

Beans wearing the blue and white of the Leafs . . . again.

Slozo (myself) wearing the Canadiens rouge, blanc et bleu . . . ugh.

Next thing you know, nuxfan will be wearing a Flames icon!

Pasty7 Posted - 04/07/2011 : 04:10:55
quote:

Status Check:

1) Bet with Beans (Leafs to finish 10th or higher):
Check!

Looks good now with a young Leafs team that has its big guns firing on all cylinders in front of a young, confident goalie. I think if they keep playing slightly above .500 hockey the rest of the way, they won't make the playoffs, but they will make me a happy man as Beans proudly wears the Blue & White! Should be close though as things get tighter in the homestretch.

2) Bet with Pasty (Iginla gets 35 goals or less):
Hmm, lets see . . .

Iginla has 28 goals right now in 66 games played (he has played every game). That is a 0.4242 goal per game pace, and with 16 games remaining, if he plays every game, that figures to him scoring another 6.7878 goals. Rounding it up to 7, that makes it 35 exactly - which would be a win for me, but it can't get closer than that.

I'll call this a winning bet right now! Would love to see Pasty wearing the Blue & White as well.

42 goals slozo that is all!!!!

nuxfan Posted - 04/06/2011 : 22:38:10
well Beans, I think any chance of CHI finishing 4th in the conference is fast slipping away...

CHI is 3 points behind 4th place LA, and 2 points behind both PHX and NSH for 5/6, all with 80 games played. CHI has to pretty much win their last 2 (both vs DET no less, who are fighting for second and could possibly lose 3rd), and have each of those 3 teams lose their last 2. ANA also cannot win both of their last 2 games either.

Man, it looks like 4th thru 8th in the west is going to end up being a 3-4 point difference, talk about close.
Canucks Man Posted - 04/06/2011 : 20:24:04
Jarome Iginla now has 41 Goals on the season. Slozo got absolutly rocked in this bet. does Iggy age? hell do Selanne or Lidstrom age either?

CANUCKS RULE!!!
Sensfan101 Posted - 03/10/2011 : 13:22:16
Wow I thought I was toast on the Ovechkin bet but he is back in the top 5 in scoring.

You miss 100 percent of the shots you don't take Wayne Gretzky
Alex116 Posted - 03/05/2011 : 11:10:38
quote:
Alex - yeah, Iggy is amazing, for sure. I don't like the way he is scoring right now for my bet, but . . . I certainly have no ill will toward him, he is as likeable a hockey player as any. Hopefully he slows down a bit!

Oops, sorry dude, wasn't trying to rub in the flukey goal, in fact, i screwed up and thought you were the one with the "over". Pasty's got the over, right? My bad.

FWIW, i'd have taken the under too! Still might happen, but a pretty nice even bet i have to say!

Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page