Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Search
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?
 All Forums
 Hockey Forums
Allow Anonymous Posting forum... General Hockey Chat
 Place your Bets Comments Allow Anonymous Users Reply to This Topic...
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 3

Beans15

Canada
8286 Posts

Posted - 12/02/2010 :  13:55:12  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
If you want to:

Make a wager with a member or guest,
Discuss/Negotiate the terms of a wager,
talk smack about the wagers you are winning,

or

try to get out of your bet

please do it here.

Beans15

Canada
8286 Posts

Posted - 12/02/2010 :  14:21:17  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I just wanted to make sure every know that today, Dec 2nd. I am winning every one of my bets.

1 - STL is currently in 9th in the West. Sure, a single win brings them back into the playoff picture but today, they are out.

2 - Chicago is in 4th place and are just 4 pts out of 1st.

3 - The Leafs are exactly where most outside of TO expected them to be. 27th in the NHL (tied with the horrible Oilers) and 13th in the East.

I am imagining sipping on a beer, paid for by Alex116's $25, reading a post about how wonderful a hockey player Zach Stortini is, and gazing at the Oilers logo as Slozo's avatar.

Don't mess with the Nostradamus of Hockey. (Or is it spelled, Nostra'dumbass')
Go to Top of Page

Alex116
PickupHockey Legend

6113 Posts

Posted - 12/02/2010 :  14:48:16  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
LOL....love it!

Didn't realize St. Louis had slipped that badly, though i have noticed a severe drop in play on Halak's part. Oshie getting hurt didn't help but he shouldn't make THAT much of a difference. Really, our bet hinges on Halak's performance more than any other player. Well, until they trade for Richards, Iginla and Kaberle
Go to Top of Page

nuxfan
PickupHockey All-Star

3670 Posts

Posted - 12/02/2010 :  16:53:40  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
you may be winning every bet, but you had to wait until today to say that. A week ago, you were losing 2 of them.

CHI is currently in 4th, and only 4 points out of first. They're also only 3 points away from 9th . The west is pretty tight right now. And they've played 3-5 more games than everyone else!

STL is missing Perron and Oshie, thats for sure.
Go to Top of Page

semin-rules
PickupHockey Veteran

Canada
1915 Posts

Posted - 12/02/2010 :  17:25:17  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Beans I love this !!!!!
This sounds like tons of fun I can't wait to make some great bets with my fellow PUHers !

My bet:
the Dallas Stars will make the playoffs this year (1st-8th in the conference)

Would anyone like to bet against me?!
Go to Top of Page

nuxfan
PickupHockey All-Star

3670 Posts

Posted - 12/02/2010 :  18:16:08  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Semin, I would have taken that bet back in September. Not now though, DAL might just be that surprise team in the west.
Go to Top of Page

Awesome One
PickupHockey Pro

Canada
505 Posts

Posted - 12/02/2010 :  19:47:16  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Beans15
I am imagining reading a post about how wonderful a hockey player Zach Stortini is, and gazing at the Oilers logo as Slozo's avatar.

Could I use something like this, I wanna make one Nuxfan:

The bet is that the Canucks won't make the playoffs

I win, Nux changes his avatar to the Flames and writes a post about how it was a mistake for the Canucks not to sign Morrison and how awesome the Flames are.

Nux wins, I change my avatar to the Sedins (if we have it) or the Canucks and I have to write a post about how awesome the Canucks are (which they aren't!)

You in?

There was once a license plate in Toronto that abbreviated "Go Leafs" it read "Golfs".
Go to Top of Page

Utemin
PickupHockey Pro

Canada
451 Posts

Posted - 12/02/2010 :  19:50:10  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Awesome One

quote:
Originally posted by Beans15
I am imagining reading a post about how wonderful a hockey player Zach Stortini is, and gazing at the Oilers logo as Slozo's avatar.

I win, Nux changes his avatar to the Flames and writes a post about how it was a mistake for the Canucks not to sign Morrison and how awesome the Flames are.

Nux wins, I change my avatar to the Sedins (if we have it) or the Canucks and I have to write a post about how awesome the Canucks are (which they aren't!)

You in?

There was once a license plate in Toronto that abbreviated "Go Leafs" it read "Golfs".

You should bet on Higher points Flames or Canucks at least. Because if the Canucks do not make the playoffs but still beet the flames the post won't make sense

The Monkey is me
Go to Top of Page

Alex116
PickupHockey Legend

6113 Posts

Posted - 12/02/2010 :  20:43:00  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I'm pretty sure nuxfan won't hesitate too long to take this bet. Lemme know if he doesn't cuz i know another 'Nucks fan who will take it!
Go to Top of Page

n/a
deleted

4809 Posts

Posted - 12/02/2010 :  21:41:30  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
To touch on Alex116's comments . . . looking into my crystal ball, I see:

1) Toronto trades Kaberle and a prospect to Dallas for Brad Richards.

2) Toronto gets Brad Boyes for Grabovski and Gunnarson.

3) Because of the trades, and return from injury of Phaneuf, the Leafs go on a torrid run as both Boyes and Kessel score more than 30 goals by the end of it. Finish in 8th.

4) Because of the trade, St.Louis' offense is suddenly revived with a slick point man on the pp and a great passer, and they also make the playoffs (7th).

5) At the end of the year, Slozo will gaze fondly at the Leafs avatar beside the name Beans, and chuckle to himself as Beans complains he is broke

[please note: this is entirely fantasy at this point in time]

"Take off, eh?" - Bob and Doug
Go to Top of Page

semin-rules
PickupHockey Veteran

Canada
1915 Posts

Posted - 12/02/2010 :  21:54:02  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Are these bets you want slozo?!
Becuase I will take you on number one
Go to Top of Page

Statman
Rookie

Canada
125 Posts

Posted - 12/03/2010 :  04:32:08  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:

You in?

I'll take that action if Nuxfan doesn't.

Please keep in mind that as of the date of this post (Dec 3), the Canucks could theoretically have 8 teams above them in the conference and yet still be in the playoffs as the rest of the division is in 10th, 13th, 14th, and 15th. Not a great year for the NW division.

But really gets me is how a fan of the "last in the conference" Flames comes on here to bash the Canucks. It's like a Gobot that talks smack about a Transformer! Makes no sense.
Go to Top of Page

Awesome One
PickupHockey Pro

Canada
505 Posts

Posted - 12/03/2010 :  07:50:47  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Alex116

I'm pretty sure nuxfan won't hesitate too long to take this bet. Lemme know if he doesn't cuz i know another 'Nucks fan who will take it!

Okay Alex, you want to do it?

Go to Top of Page

nuxfan
PickupHockey All-Star

3670 Posts

Posted - 12/03/2010 :  08:34:48  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:

You in?

Whoa out there, me first me first!

Just to be clear, you want to bet that the Canucks will not finish in the top 8 in the conference? And I win the bet if the Canucks finish in the top 8 in the conference?

I will take that bet. Avatar swap + essay it is.
Go to Top of Page

nuxfan
PickupHockey All-Star

3670 Posts

Posted - 12/03/2010 :  08:38:34  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Statman - I said a few months back in another thread that the NW division was IMO the weakest in the NHL, and I think that is definitely the case. The only division with 1 team in the current playoff race, and 3 of its teams in the last 3 positions in the conference...boo.
Go to Top of Page

Alex116
PickupHockey Legend

6113 Posts

Posted - 12/03/2010 :  11:39:00  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Slow down there Statman!!! I was second in line for that action, as i had to let nuxfan have the first dibs

Awesome one.... better start writing your essay. Please be sure to proof read for spelling and grammar too.
Go to Top of Page

Awesome One
PickupHockey Pro

Canada
505 Posts

Posted - 12/03/2010 :  13:24:36  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Nux, you have first dibs, so you get to do it.

The bet is if the Canucks don't make the playoffs You change your avatar to the Flames for a month and write a detailed post (at least 200 words) about how awesome the Flames are.

Canucks make the playoffs, you decide my punishment.

All you have to do to put this bet into effect is name your criteria and say "deal".

Go to Top of Page

Awesome One
PickupHockey Pro

Canada
505 Posts

Posted - 12/03/2010 :  13:29:07  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by nuxfan

Whoa out there, me first me first!

Just to be clear, you want to bet that the Canucks will not finish in the top 8 in the conference? And I win the bet if the Canucks finish in the top 8 in the conference?

I will take that bet. Avatar swap + essay it is.

Sorry, didn't read this before my last post, we have a deal, figurative handshake!

Go to Top of Page

doublechamp7
PickupHockey Pro

Canada
278 Posts

Posted - 12/03/2010 :  13:47:21  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I'll bet anyone that LA finishes 1st in the pacific division, I like that idea of avatar and essay!
Go to Top of Page

nuxfan
PickupHockey All-Star

3670 Posts

Posted - 12/03/2010 :  14:43:54  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
sweet. I can't wait to read all these essays in May!
Go to Top of Page

HawkinOilCountry
PickupHockey Pro

Canada
318 Posts

Posted - 12/03/2010 :  15:12:37  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
So, right now the Oilers are trailing their season series with the Flames 2-1 if I recall correctly.

I am betting that the Oil will come back to win the season series 4-2.

I would lose if Calgary won the series 4-2

If it were a draw 3-3 then it would be a wash.

Any takers? I'll accept Avatars or poems (limerick or haiku) about rival players, no money bets please.

The arena wall in chicago should be credited with a goal.
Go to Top of Page

doublechamp7
PickupHockey Pro

Canada
278 Posts

Posted - 12/03/2010 :  15:27:31  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I'll take that just for fun even though I don't like either. What are the avatars going to turn into?
Go to Top of Page

semin-rules
PickupHockey Veteran

Canada
1915 Posts

Posted - 12/03/2010 :  19:47:41  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Doublechamp I'll take your bet !
I bet the kings will not finish first.

If I win, you change your avatar to something wacky (still hvnt looked through them yet hah) and your tag line must be " Dallas Stars or bust !! " for one month :)

and if I lose, I do the same thing for you. You can pick the avatar and what my tag line would be.

accept?!

Edited by - semin-rules on 12/03/2010 19:49:27
Go to Top of Page

Statman
Rookie

Canada
125 Posts

Posted - 12/03/2010 :  20:51:04  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Slow down there Statman!!! I was second in line for that action, as i had to let nuxfan have the first dibs

You know you've made a bad bet when people are fighting for who gets to take it!

By the way I'm not sure if I'm the only one, but I don't see doublechamp7's avatar at all. Don't make an avatar bet with a guy who doesn't know how to set up an avatar!
Go to Top of Page

semin-rules
PickupHockey Veteran

Canada
1915 Posts

Posted - 12/03/2010 :  21:09:43  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Haha true stat,
then I guess his first avatar will be dallas' :)
Go to Top of Page

Alex116
PickupHockey Legend

6113 Posts

Posted - 12/03/2010 :  23:46:41  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Statman
You know you've made a bad bet when people are fighting for who gets to take it!

Funniest thing i've read in a while, and so true as well!
Go to Top of Page

HawkinOilCountry
PickupHockey Pro

Canada
318 Posts

Posted - 12/04/2010 :  10:40:08  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by doublechamp7

I'll take that just for fun even though I don't like either. What are the avatars going to turn into?

You're on Doublechamp. Since your Signature is spoken for we'll do avatars I guess.

If I win you change your Avatar to anything Oiler Related, as that's who I'm betting on.

If you win I'll change mine to... what?

The arena wall in chicago should be credited with a goal.
Go to Top of Page

doublechamp7
PickupHockey Pro

Canada
278 Posts

Posted - 12/04/2010 :  17:27:30  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I'll take all of those bets. I belive in LA, besides, it's not for money or anything

IM A CHAMPION!
Go to Top of Page

Alex116
PickupHockey Legend

6113 Posts

Posted - 12/07/2010 :  22:44:31  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Frickin' Beans! What are you, a witch doctor or something? You do voodoo?

Andy Mcdonald out indefinitely with a concussion! Perron, Oshie, Mcdonald.....who's next???

Go to Top of Page

nuxfan
PickupHockey All-Star

3670 Posts

Posted - 12/08/2010 :  00:20:55  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:

Andy Mcdonald out indefinitely with a concussion! Perron, Oshie, Mcdonald.....who's next???

who's left?

Go to Top of Page

MrBoogedy
Rookie

Canada
195 Posts

Posted - 12/08/2010 :  01:01:58  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I'll bet anyone that Montreal places first place in the east. It'll be a close race between Montreal and Pittsburgh, but the habs will take them by a couple of points. As always, Toronto finishes around 9th place.
Go to Top of Page

semin-rules
PickupHockey Veteran

Canada
1915 Posts

Posted - 12/08/2010 :  06:09:57  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
When does Toronto always finish around nineth ?

Edited by - semin-rules on 12/08/2010 14:13:27
Go to Top of Page

Awesome One
PickupHockey Pro

Canada
505 Posts

Posted - 12/08/2010 :  06:26:05  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by nuxfan

quote:

who's left?

Boyes, Backes, Pietrangelo, Halak.

Quite a few really.

Go to Top of Page

Alex116
PickupHockey Legend

6113 Posts

Posted - 12/08/2010 :  13:34:44  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by MrBoogedy

I'll bet anyone that Montreal places first place in the east. It'll be a close race between Montreal and Pittsburgh, but the habs will take them by a couple of points. As always, Toronto finishes around 9th place.

MrBoodedy.....I'll take that bet. BUT, i'm going to be a gentleman, because i have a soft spot for the Habs, and offer you a better deal. You're simply offering up too much! If you're gonna bet this way, you should make your counterpart pick a team, not simply the other 14 or so that are in the conference!!! Here's my proposal. Being a Canucks fan, i'll bet the Canucks finish higher in the west than the Habs do in the East?
If this is acceptable, what shall the wager be? Wanna do avatar for the playoffs? Signature line for the playoffs? Both? For the entire playoffs, or just till the winner's team is eliminated??? Lemme know what you think......
Go to Top of Page

Mario 66
PickupHockey Pro

Canada
360 Posts

Posted - 12/08/2010 :  14:34:27  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Mr. Boogedy & Nuxfan do you mind if I jump in on this bet as well or have a separate one with either of you. Being a pens fan and all I will gladly take my pens. I will gladly allow the two of you to agree on whatever stipulations / consequences are to be carried out by the loser simply because i have no issues with either the canucks or habs?

Also, even if you do not allow me to join the bet may I recommend more points at the end of the yr as oppose to positioning?
Go to Top of Page

Mario 66
PickupHockey Pro

Canada
360 Posts

Posted - 12/08/2010 :  14:39:27  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I know this is completely off topic but i would gladly make bets with pple throughout the yr and i realize a lot of those bets are around changing avatars. And since mine is appearing blank i feel like a DB making bets with someone when i cannot properly display it.

Could one of you kindly let me know where i can go to upload the pic again as i did it when i opened an account but it obviously did not save.

Greatly appreciated and Thank you in advance for whomever chooses to help and my bad for going completely off topic
Go to Top of Page

Pasty7
PickupHockey Veteran

Canada
2312 Posts

Posted - 12/08/2010 :  16:23:56  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
hey slozo it looks like our bet (barring injury) may come right down to the wire, Iginla is currently on pace for 35 goals.... i betya this goes right down to the last game of the season with me praying for 1 more goal!

"I led the league in "Go get 'em next time." - Bob Uecker
Go to Top of Page

Mario 66
PickupHockey Pro

Canada
360 Posts

Posted - 12/09/2010 :  15:49:58  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Simply due to complete disdain for Ovechkin i will gladly take a bet with anyone that he will not finish top 5 in the league scoring?

Stipulations can be determined upon acceptance
Go to Top of Page

doublechamp7
PickupHockey Pro

Canada
278 Posts

Posted - 12/09/2010 :  15:59:14  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Mario 66, click on your name where you commented on something, then there is something in the top right corner that says profile, then you can change your stuff there. I made the same mistake too for awhile

IM A CHAMPION!
Go to Top of Page

Alex116
PickupHockey Legend

6113 Posts

Posted - 12/09/2010 :  16:16:29  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Mario 66

Simply due to complete disdain for Ovechkin i will gladly take a bet with anyone that he will not finish top 5 in the league scoring?

Yikes.....barring injury, he's almost a lock to be top 5!!! That's a pretty generous offer!
Go to Top of Page

Sensfan101
PickupHockey Pro

Canada
500 Posts

Posted - 12/09/2010 :  18:40:32  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Mario 66

I will take that, how about loser has to change their avatar to the logo of their least favourite team. Be honest about it though. My least favourite team is the leafs

You miss 100 percent of the shots you don't take Wayne Gretzky
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 3 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Next Page
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page