Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?
 All Forums
 Hockey Forums
Allow Anonymous Posting forum... User Polls
 Stanley Cup Final - Vancouver Vs. Boston

NOTICE!! This forum allows Anonymous Posting.
 Registered members please login above or input your User Name/Password before submitting!
Screensize:
Authority:  UserName:  Password:  (Member Only !)
  * Anonymous Posting please leave it blank. your temporary AnonyID is
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert Email Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

Check here to include your profile signature. (Member Only !)

T O P I C    R E V I E W
Guest6816 Posted - 05/27/2011 : 21:10:31
Who will win the 2011 Stanley Cup Championship?
40   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
Guest4988 Posted - 06/18/2011 : 19:05:08
To Alex: Fair enough....well said. Have a good summer.
Alex116 Posted - 06/18/2011 : 16:06:12
4988.......First off, thank you for the way in which you've replied and stated your feelings. It's nice to see someone not actually pile on us suffering 'Nux fans. It seems as though you dislike a few of the players, but are not an actual "hater" so that may have something to do with it.

Now, you admit that Boston "upset" the Canucks so in my mind, that means the better team didn't win. Don't get me wrong, the team which performed better won, but IMO if both of these teams played to the best of their abilities, the Canucks would have won. Conversely, if the Canucks had squeaked out a 1-0 game 7 victory, i'd still say they were the best team, but i'd be willing to admit they beat a team which overall in the series, was playing better. Playing better and being better when at your best is different IMO. I think a regular season where you play 82 games says something.

On that note, i noticed you pointed out the fact they play in a weaker division but somewhere in one of the posts, a poster had done the math and proved somewhat that the Canucks would still have won the President's trophy if they played at the clip they did vs the better teams. Can't remember where it was, but they did win quite easily with some room to spare! Also, keep in mind that while the Canucks had 4 teams in their div which didn't make the playoffs, the Bruins had 2. That cuts that number of 24 games in half (Bruins had a doz) PLUS, Vancouver had Calgary who were just 3 points shy of the playoffs and only 4 shy of Buffalo. See what i'm getting at?

Getting back to the "cockiness" of the Canucks, if that's what you see, so be it. I can totally understand the flopping, diving, biting, etc comments, but unless you can show me one of those guys saying something which implies they were the best or they were gonna win, etc, i don't buy it. Oh, and Daniel saying they'd win game 7 in my mind, wasn't said in a cocky manner. I mean, really, could a Canucks, better yet a Sedin, be considered cocky for saying this after turning a 2-0 SCF lead into a 3-3 tie? I wouldn't think so!

As for Marchand, i love the kid. I think i mentioned it before, i hated him for a couple weeks because i had to and i didn't like the 7 light jabs to Daniel's face, but that's part of his game. I can't say i hate him and then say i like Burrows can i? I'd love to see him on my team any day! He, to me, is Burrows, with more upside!

Anyway, thanks again for the reasonable way in which you share your thoughts and opinions and like you said, congrats to the Bruins, their families and friends, etc on a great season!
Guest4988 Posted - 06/18/2011 : 13:35:25
To Oil in Ontario: Regarding Boston's win over Vancouver, I agree it was an upset. However, the Bruins were rated as a very strong contender from the East and many "prognosticators"as you say, predicted them to go to the final......in fact I did too, but I thought they'd lose in the final to Chicago. Anyway, The Hawks lost to Vancouver in Game 7 in overtime in the first round and gave them the toughest test except for Boston, of course. So I'm sorry, but I think the Hawks were a lot better than you think and will be back next year as a contender, just like Boston & Vancouver among a few others. Remember Vancouver piled up the best regular season record, but also had the luxury of playing 24 games against four non-playoff teams, namely Edmonton, Colorado, Calgary & Minnesota.
Also, you're wrong again about the Leafs in 1980, except that probably Wilf Paiement played for them and they possibly played Pittsburgh? The Islanders won the Cup over Philadelphia in 6 games on Bob Nystrom's O.T. winner. I know that the Islanders defeated Buffalo in the Semis that year and Philly beat Minnesota North Stars, who had dethroned the 79 Cup champion Montreal Canadiens in a 7 game quarter final win on PEI's Al MacAdam's game-winner. I don't remember what Toronto did, I think they made the playoffs, but they certainly didn't win the Cup or even the Semi-Finals. In case you've been living under a rock, the Leafs last won the Cup in 1967.
OILINONTARIO Posted - 06/18/2011 : 12:54:02
Umm. I'm pretty sure most prognosticators, both professional, and amateur felt that the Canucks were favorites going into the playoffs. Presidents Trophy or not, it was widely agreed that they are the strongest team in the league. Of course they did not win the Cup, but Boston's success was not widely predicted, and can therefore be considered an upset. Not likely to repeat.

The Canucks will remain a favorite for the Cup next year, regardless of how well they perform in the regular season. To say the same about the Hawks this past year seems a little far fetched.

And that little spin about the Leafs' banner year, I was wrong. It was 1980. I think. The rest is true though.

The Oil WILL make the playoffs in 2012.
Guest4988 Posted - 06/18/2011 : 12:12:24
Sorry Alex, but the best team in the regular season is not always the best team, the Stanley Cup Champs are the best team. So now Boston gets to have that distinction until the next Cup champ is crowned; just like Chicago was the best team until being ousted by Vancouver. As far as I'm concerned, until a Champion loses the title, they are the best team. However, some Vancouver Canucks fans including a few "posters"" and the Canadian media ( I'm from N.Scotia BTW) already annointed the Canucks as the best club before actually winning anything of value, i.e. the Stanley Cup. As far as "cocky"", I do find some of those five players a little cocky along with other despisable qualities like whiners, divers, biters, dirty, arrogant etc....take your pick. Don't get me wrong, I wanted to root for the Canucks as they are based in Canada, but I just found the media bias and the actions of some of those players were just too much, so I rooted against them. Also, I can't stand Brad Marchand either and he's from Halifax and a fellow Nova Scotian, but Vancouver had too many like him, so I'm glad Boston won. As I said, I actually feel badly for Luongo and a few of the other Canuck players, but overall, the team, fans & media were just too arrogant for my liking.
Alex116 Posted - 06/18/2011 : 10:37:09
quote:
Originally posted by Guest4988
However, maybe some of you Vancouver fans shouldn't count your chickens so fast in the future and not annoint your team as the best in the NHL without winning something first. It looks really good on the likes of Burrows,Lapierre,Bieksa, Torres & Kesler for being so cocky. I do feel very sorry for Roberto Luongo. He seems to have become the "fall guy", but if your team doesn't score, it's not the goalie's fault in my opinion. Have a good summer everyone and Go Hawks Go!

Not sure who this is to, but i don't recall anyone "counting chickens" really. Entering the playoffs, if i or anyone, Canucks fan or not, considered the Canucks the best team in the league, i wouldn't call it a stretch, nor would i call it anything fowl (get it? Fowl? Oh my, sorry, that's a really bad joke).
Any way you look at it, i'd say the Canucks did have the best team in the league this year unfortunately for them, and us fans, they didn't play like it in the games that mattered most. These things do happen you know. The "best", in any sport, doesn't ALWAYS win, otherwise Tiger would have surpassed Jack a long time before any scandal arose (just one of MANY examples).

Also, how are Burrows and the others you mentioned "cocky"? Please do explain. Divers, biters, etc you can make an argument for, but cocky? Please gimme some reasonings......
Guest4988 Posted - 06/18/2011 : 08:39:27
To Oil in Ontario: I'm not sure if your post was in jest or not, but for those who believed it, there are a few things mentioned that are incorrect. Toronto did not play Pittsburgh in the 1978 Finals. However, the Leafs did upset the New York Islanders with a seventh game OT winner by Lanny MacDonald, who scored on Glenn "Chico"Resch in the Quarter Finals. Toronto then lost in four straight to Montreal in the semis and the Canadiens defeated Boston in the 1978 final ( believe in 6 games). Also, Wilf Paiement didn't play with Toronto in 1978, he played for Colorado. He was traded along with Pat Hickey from the Rockies to the Maple Leafs for Lanny MacDonald & Joel Quennevile on Dec.29, 1979.
As a side note, congratulations to all Bruins fans on their first win in 39 years. Condolences to Canuck fans for coming up short in their quest for their first Stanley Cup. However, maybe some of you Vancouver fans shouldn't count your chickens so fast in the future and not annoint your team as the best in the NHL without winning something first. It looks really good on the likes of Burrows,Lapierre,Bieksa, Torres & Kesler for being so cocky. I do feel very sorry for Roberto Luongo. He seems to have become the "fall guy", but if your team doesn't score, it's not the goalie's fault in my opinion. Have a good summer everyone and Go Hawks Go!
Alex116 Posted - 06/17/2011 : 19:31:03
quote:
Originally posted by Beans15

Missed ya, Andyhack. Brilliant post from a guy who waited far to long. Hopefully Vancouver fans can do the same sooner than later. Although, after the Oilers would be fine with me.

Well, if "WE" don't do it in the next year or two, it may just be the Oilers first!
Beans15 Posted - 06/17/2011 : 19:13:36
Missed ya, Andyhack. Brilliant post from a guy who waited far to long. Hopefully Vancouver fans can do the same sooner than later. Although, after the Oilers would be fine with me.
andyhack Posted - 06/17/2011 : 17:20:25
Thanks Beans and others!

ANNOUNCEMENT

With this I am officially retiring as a fanatic sports fan!

I'll take questions now.

- Is it true that in '79 you threw a lamp at a TV after some guys named Guy and Yvon scored some goals?
A: How do you define "threw"?

- There are rumors that in '85 a goal by a little Swedish guy caused you to go more than a little nutty on a fairly high balcony after he scored a huge heartbreaking goal very late in a game? Can you substantiate these rumours?
A: "substantiate" - Good word. Next.

- They say that in '90 a guy named Petr Klima made you take a verrry late night drive to blow off steam which ended up in a city a couple of hundred kilometers away from home. Is that accurate?
A: No... it was a few hundred.

- In 2002, some farmers in the countryside of Japan saw a guy riding his bike dangerously near their steeply-sloped tea fields in frustration after a top-seeded team lost, again, to that red white and blue team you say bad words about a lot...

A: KOTO (my daughter), let's stop the questions and play that ball game where you are Boston's Goalie and you stop every shot the poor Habs throw at you?

And, by the way, YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Koto: Okay Papa, very glad you are retiring!

Papa: Me too!

Mama: Me three!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1
Oilearl Posted - 06/17/2011 : 15:56:14
Beans I agree with your post couldn't say it better! Congrats & condolences to the fans of he finalists it has been a great playoffs!!!

Alex116 Posted - 06/16/2011 : 00:45:58
FER / Beans.....after all the banter back and forth this year and more specifically this past week or so, "hat's off" to the two of you. I appreciate the kind words!

BTW, and this is not sarcastic, FER, i love the BOLDED "USUALLY"....it just fits with your sense of humour and your keen sense of sharing the humour with us!

nuxfan, i agree, the diet has taken a terrible hit with all the burgers and beers the past month or two! I'm not sure i agree with you quote about being beaten by the better team. This could be argued for years, but i'd refine it to say, the Canucks lost to a team that played better than they did. I don't see how anyone can deny that the Canucks were the best team this year, they just didn't execute when it mattered most. I'm sure i'll get some "sour grapes" comments for this, but to me that was the series. With a 2-0 lead, had Vancouver's PP worked even remotely close to what it had all year, this series could have been over in 5 or 6.

Personally, i never saw the Canucks losing 4 of 5 at ANY point of this season!!
Beans15 Posted - 06/15/2011 : 23:06:25
Just a few words

1 - Congrats to all Bruin fan who have been waiting 30 years to see a player with a big B on his chest raise the Cup. Speciallly, congrats to Willus as one of the biggest Bobby Orr fans ever and to Andyhack, easily the longest term true Bruins fan on this site.

2 - To the Van fans, specifically Nuxfan and Alex, I know the feeling and it sucks. Having watched the Oil do the same thing in 06, trust me when I say that there is no worse feeling as a hockey fan as to see your team to close to the Grail. I feel your pain.

3 - Best 7 game series of hockey I have seen in as long as I can remember. I will not tarnish that with any comments on the reffing. Good, bad, or indifferent, the past 2 weeks of hockey was a treat. I appreciate it.
nuxfan Posted - 06/15/2011 : 22:22:44
appreciated FER.

A sad night for VAN, but at the end of the day, the Canucks got beat by a better team, and the BOS win is deserved. The Canucks had nothing going tonight, they looked tentative, the puck seemed to be bouncing on them, and mostly, they looked...tired. Tired and worn out, like they were on their last legs. I thought I'd be more upset tonight, but you can't be sad when your team left everything on the ice. Kudo's to the Bruins, they played a very good series.

Even better, I'm sure they'll be back. The Canucks have a very good core, that is not going anywhere soon - they have a couple of signings to make but should have no problem doing so within the cap, and I expect that nearly the same team that won the west will be back next year to try it all again.

As for me, I'm glad its done - frankly, these last few weeks have been nothing but a series of bad eating, lots of drinking, sleepless nights and disrupted workdays. Gotta get back to normal, and it'll be best if I don't see a beer for a few days.
fat_elvis_rocked Posted - 06/15/2011 : 20:42:23
Let me be the first to say, Alex and Nuxfan, as the two most vocal and usually, level headed Canuckleheads, I am sorry you aren't able to enjoy the fruits of your undying support, it's fans like yourselves, who truly show support that deserve to enjoy a cup win.

And to the Bruins fans, congratulations, your team was the better, and it was warm and fuzzy to see Recchi retire in storybook fashion.
Guest0409 Posted - 06/15/2011 : 20:13:59
BRUINS WIN THE STANLEY CUP! BRUINS WIN THE STANLEY CUP!

I am soooooo happy!
Utemin Posted - 06/12/2011 : 12:51:07
The time may sometimes be 12 past Luongo. But any time this year Canucks are better then Boston. In game 2 and 4 the refs were pretty even, but in game 1,3,and 5 refs love Boston. So it is obvious Boston's stradegy is get away with everything, Burrows and Kesler don't like this so they now try and dive more(This pisses me) Even though this is still happening Canucks are still winning. For those who are saying Burrows fell on purpose when daniel bumped him, if he did or didn't according to theese refs calls its a penalty for Boston.
Canucks in 6
7-6-5-6
Still sortof a pattern

Don't hate me because i'm Beautiful
Guest4105 Posted - 06/11/2011 : 12:52:19
I'm sorry, 1-0 games don't mean that it's a boring game. Everybody knew going into this series that, with two Vezina candidates, it would be a tough for both teams to get pucks into the net. Aside from Luongo falling apart in games 3 and 4 (he doesn't work well in a hostile environment, clearly), that has pretty much been the case.
oaky Posted - 06/11/2011 : 12:13:13
Going into this final series, most of the talk was based on how Vancouver was simply too strong for Boston, that Boston wouldn't be able to keep up with the Canucks speed, that the Bruins pp would be their downfall (which is true) and that the Canucks pp would be an imposing force against the B's pk..
Well everything mentioned above has basically gone out the window to this point in the series. First off the Canucks are in no way too strong for Boston and if any team has been better thus far in the series, it's been Boston. Vancouver's speed has been equally matched and their so-called unstoppable pp has been kept in check.
Vancouver can consider themselves most fortunate that they aren't behind in the series after five games. Two of their three victories at home were the result of 1-0 scores, the two goals coming from the sticks of Raffi Torres in game one with nineteen seconds remaining in regulation time and the other from that of Maxim Lapierre in the third period of last night's fifth game. Between the two players, they tallied all of twenty goals during the regular season. The Canucks other thrid victory on home ice came in overtime when Alex Burrows beat Tim Thomas with just eleven seconds gone in the first OT period.
Of course we all know what the two results were when games three and four shifted to Beantown---don't we? Of course, Boston humiliated the Canucks 8-1 in game three and followed that up with a one-sided 4-0 shutout in game four.
So you see Boston has in reality controlled the series and held the upper hand for the most part but the Canucks hold the 3-2 edge in games thanks to a couple of fortunate breaks which went their way and in turn led to a subsequent pair of wins on home ice. Finally only one team can have home ice advanatge in a best-of-seven series and in this year's finals it belongs to Vancouver. In the end there's a very strong possibility that'll be the difference maker and in the end determine the Stanley Cup winner for 2010--11.
n/a Posted - 06/11/2011 : 09:19:13
5-2, 1-0, what's the difference - the Canucks won, and are one away.

I have a feeling this is going 7 though . . . hang on to your hearts, 'nucks fans. Gonna be a wild ride!

"Take off, eh?" - Bob and Doug
nuxfan Posted - 06/10/2011 : 23:53:59
quote:

If you want to talk about Vancouver's shots why not bring up the game they won against San Jose taking only 13 total shots?

You mean the one where they killed off 5 straight man advantages (registering 2 shots) in the first period before scoring on 3 successive 5-on-3 powerplays in the second period, on the first shot registered on each powerplay? That game?

quote:

Off the top of my head Vancouver has now won at least three games 1-0. Sorry but that is not my kind of hockey.

Whether its your type of hockey or not is irrelevant - low scores do not mean a trap is being played. I'm not sure how anyone could look at tonight's game (as an example of a 1-0 game) and think that either team was playing a trap. Perhaps one of the most exciting 1-0 games I've seen in a while.

It is clear that you do not understand what a trap system is.
Open_Ice Posted - 06/10/2011 : 22:18:00
Alex. Please don't waste your time, my time and anyone elses here by trying to convince me that lots of shots means there is no trap in place.

In my experience traps force long shots from the outside - very low percentage shots. If you have numbers that say Vancouver's games have as many scoring changes as other games I would buy that but shots?

If you want to talk about Vancouver's shots why not bring up the game they won against San Jose taking only 13 total shots? Off the top of my head Vancouver has now won at least three games 1-0. Sorry but that is not my kind of hockey.
Guest8149 Posted - 06/10/2011 : 20:47:18
Boston has outscored Vancouver 14-6 in this series so far. And what exactly does this mean? Absolutely nothing! It's all about winning games, and the Canucks are finding a way to win.

The Sedins have been mostly shut down (at least on the stat sheet) in the Stanley Cup Final series, Kesler has been less than productive offensively, and Luongo has mostly been outplayed by Thomas, but the Canucks are one win from the Cup!

Thanks to two 1-0 victories (games which really could have gone either way), and goals by unlikely heroes like Raffi Torres and Maxim Lapierre, the Canucks are poised to win the cup. I'm predicting the first non-home victory of the series, and the Canucks winning game six in Boston by two goals!

Guest6816 Posted - 06/10/2011 : 20:03:39
On CBC they made a good commet that said everybody who cheers for Montreal wants Vancouver to win!

Vancouver JUST WON YA!
OILINONTARIO Posted - 06/10/2011 : 19:09:34
quote:
[i]

Please don't waste your time, my time and anyone elses here by trying to convince me that Vancouver plays anything close to a boring, trapping game.

Well, in fact, Vancouver does play a variation of the trap. It's the 4-2-3 system, wherein the 3 "forwards" play more to the offensive zone, the 2 "defensemen" often man the point during scoring opportunities (occasionally retreating to the neutral zone, or even further, when in distress), and the remaining players forming a semi-circle around Luongo, with Sami Salo invariably using one hand to cover his grapes.

This tactic was employed by the Leafs in their successful run to the Stanley Cup in '78. During the final series vs. Pittsburgh, a young Wilf Paiement (the original #99) recorded 3 Gordie Howe hattricks in one period! This is one record that will surely never be broken!

As a sidenote, this series also featured Daryll Sittler suiting up for game 5 with 2 broken legs! During the first intermission, with the Leafs down 5-2, Sittler hip-checked Orest Kindrachuck in the shoulder.......WITH HIS FACE!!! Ol' Daryll wound up losing 6 teeth and 1 nostril, but some maintain that this was the turning point of the series.

It all sounds incredible, but I got all my info from Wackapedia. Including the garbage about the Canucks playing the trap. Look it up.

The Oil WILL make the playoffs in 2012.
n/a Posted - 06/10/2011 : 17:15:10
I'm gonna go against the grain, ignore everything that just happened in Games 3 and 4 in Boston, and say the Canucks win pretty easily.

5-2 with the empty netter for the Nucks.

Just have a feeling this is a total homer series now . . . and predict that the Canucks will be full of fire and make the Bruins defence look very slow. As good as Thomas has been, it'll be too much.

That's what I love about this game, btw . . . has there every been a more impossible to predict game than this one right now? Could go many different ways.

"Take off, eh?" - Bob and Doug
Alex116 Posted - 06/09/2011 : 14:42:39
quote:
Originally posted by Guest7618

Canucks defenceman looked scared. There hearing footsteps especially the EURO'S Edler, Salo and 'Erhoff looks terrified'.

No Guts No Glory!

'LET'S GO BRUINS"

I personally don't think Edler's playing scared, i think he's playing exactly the same way he has since day 1 of the playoffs, that being, either really good, or really bad. Simply inconsistent play on his part. Ehrhoff very well might be scared as it's my guess he's still hurting from the SJ series. Since coming back after missing 2 games, he's been held pointless. This coming from a 50 pt dman? Something's wrong there and if he's playing through pain, i wouldn't doubt he is "playing scared" and not wanting to be involved physically!

Salo? Well, of course he's scared. Scared he may trip over his own shadow and break his leg!
Guest7618 Posted - 06/09/2011 : 14:25:43
Canucks defenceman looked scared. There hearing footsteps especially the EURO'S Edler, Salo and 'Erhoff looks terrified'.

No Guts No Glory!

'LET'S GO BRUINS"
Alex116 Posted - 06/09/2011 : 13:06:36
quote:
Originally posted by Open_Ice

Game 5 may be a must-win for Vancouver if you think about how well Boston (and Thomas) have played at home recently.

And Alex, of course I know what the trap is, I've already admitted watching games 1 & 2 of the finals. If you are fine with every game being played like that then i won't criticize that, I just personally don't want every game to be low scoring. Home team usually sets the tempo, look at games 1&2 vs 3&4.

Shots on goal game 1 - Boston 36 Vancouver 34
Shots on goal game 2 - Boston 30 Vancouver 33
Shots on goal game 3 - Boston 38 Vancouver 41
Shots on goal game 4 - Boston 29 Vancouver 38

One single game where one team didn't register 30 or more shots and that was because they were defending a nice lead and you wanna say there's a trap being employed? Wow. From what i recall of game 1, there was a good flow with a lot of chances at both ends. Prob was, for someone like yourself who likes to see goals apparently, there were two goalies having AWESOME games!

Please don't waste your time, my time and anyone elses here by trying to convince me that Vancouver plays anything close to a boring, trapping game.
Open_Ice Posted - 06/09/2011 : 12:33:50
Game 5 may be a must-win for Vancouver if you think about how well Boston (and Thomas) have played at home recently.

And Alex, of course I know what the trap is, I've already admitted watching games 1 & 2 of the finals. If you are fine with every game being played like that then i won't criticize that, I just personally don't want every game to be low scoring. Home team usually sets the tempo, look at games 1&2 vs 3&4.
Oilearl Posted - 06/09/2011 : 07:30:25
Bruins have shifted the momentum in their favour It's been a great series but I expect Vancouver will have to forget what happened in Boston and embrace the fact hey have home ice advantage in a best of 3 for the cup. Boston is a punishing team to play so Vancouver needs to step up and give some back to be successful.

Bring on Friday SB great!!!
Beans15 Posted - 06/09/2011 : 06:40:29
I find this series eeriely similar to the CHI series. The only difference is that BOS got it together one game quicker than CHI did. In both series, Vancouver came ahead with a lead in the series but did not dominate any games. The first 2 games of this series came down to 2 mistakes. Nothing more.

What is even more surprising is that BOS is doing to VAN what VAN did to SJ and that is they are getting them off their game by playing more physical and pushing the boundries of legal. This was VAN's issue in the past as well. They need to stay disciplined and not fall into the fingers in the face crap or they are in big trouble.

3 game series for the Cup. No clear cut favorite anymore.
Alex116 Posted - 06/09/2011 : 00:19:56
I'm dreading it more that i am looking forward to it! Sure, the first two games were wins, but scoring with 19 seconds left and 11 seconds into OT, i began believing in the "fate" and that it was finally our time! Truth is, Boston could be up 3-1 or maybe even have swept us at this point!

Keeping the faith, assuming we will get some bounces eventually but going into Friday s***tin' bricks!
nuxfan Posted - 06/08/2011 : 23:06:52
well, game 4 was not much better than game 3!

What a difference a few days make - when VAN left town on Sunday it was all about how they could do no wrong, and seemed able to win all the little battles as they found great ways to win games. 2 dominations later, we're all tied up and BOS has all the momentum. CBC was even commenting that AV might consider start the Schneids in game 6 back in BOS, Luongo has played so badly there... ouch. This series is feeling very much like the CHI series.

Perhaps this will end up being the series of home wins... I picked VAN in 7, so all home wins would do it for me. No overstating how important game 5 is for both teams, I'm both looking forward to and dreading Friday.
Alex116 Posted - 06/08/2011 : 22:08:25
quote:
Originally posted by Open_Ice
When people talk about the NHL they talk about the teams that battled hard, not the teams that play more of a 'soft' style of game (trapping, drawing powerplays) and I especially don't want to see a league of teams playing like Vancouver.

Uhhhh, tell me, do you have any idea of what "trapping" teams do or how they play? Ah, nevermind, i already know the answer.

Open_Ice Posted - 06/08/2011 : 18:06:22
Boston in 6 is my prediction, but I admit it's a prediction based entirely off of hating Vancouver's style of play.

When people talk about the NHL they talk about the teams that battled hard, not the teams that play more of a 'soft' style of game (trapping, drawing powerplays) and I especially don't want to see a league of teams playing like Vancouver.

Here's a good photo from the finals so far:
http://www.topcaptions.com/?photoid=4

and for the first time in my life i must say go boston! (unbelievable that 2 years ago i cheered for vancouver and tried to get to a playoff game)
nuxfan Posted - 06/06/2011 : 22:00:06
quote:

Where was the Canuck defence tonight and what happened to the stellar goaltending?

well, the Canucks defense was down by 1 for nearly the whole game, which is really where things started to fall apart. Once the game was 4-0, the Canucks really didn't try to do much but break the shutout and hit everything Bruin. Not much support for Luongo on those last 4 goals, thats for sure.

Ah well, we'll see what happens in game 4

Guest6260 Posted - 06/06/2011 : 21:48:53
quote:
Originally posted by Guest0409

Bruins 8 - Canucks 1!

Where was the Canuck defence tonight and what happened to the stellar goaltending?

Ha, Ha, Ha.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Its 1 game I dont care if they lose 2-1, 8-1 or 100-1 the nucks are still up 2 games to 1 and they'll bounce back next game
Guest0409 Posted - 06/06/2011 : 21:26:52
Bruins 8 - Canucks 1!

Ha, Ha, Ha.
nuxfan Posted - 06/06/2011 : 20:20:54
zoinks! Certainly not the way I saw game 3 going down, what a meltdown. Series on!

Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page