Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Search
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?
 All Forums
 Hockey Forums
Allow Anonymous Posting forum... User Polls
 Who should be Team Canada's starting goalie Allow Anonymous Users Reply to This Topic...
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
Previous Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 2

Axey
PickupHockey Pro

Canada
877 Posts

Posted - 02/22/2010 :  22:10:00  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Guest4271

Ryan93, why are you breaking up Nash and Crosby???? I go with 3 lines against the Russians, on a consistant basis. The fourth line of Perry, Iginla and Bergeron, get limited duties, Iggie would get some PP time if he shows he's fit( I think hes hurt) Line 1 is Crosby, Nash and Richards, 2 is the Sharks, and the 3rd is Staal, Toews and Getzlaf and through Morrow in where ever, the pressure is on, now Loungo shines and Fleury is the backup, and Brodeur is on a plane sleeping, or on the US bench, trying to figure if he can carry Miller's equipment, lol, doubt he can even do that

Man, people have to quit with the what have you done for me lately bull. Brodeur is the best goalie in the world, already won us a gold medal. So what he had a mediocre game? Ok, start Luongo but don't start the baby talk and a brutal attempt at an insult if I might add. How many vezina's, cup's, record's, gold medals does Miller have?
Go to Top of Page

Alex116
PickupHockey Legend

6113 Posts

Posted - 02/22/2010 :  23:18:24  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Guest4271

Ryan93, why are you breaking up Nash and Crosby???? I go with 3 lines against the Russians, on a consistant basis. The fourth line of Perry, Iginla and Bergeron, get limited duties, Iggie would get some PP time if he shows he's fit( I think hes hurt) Line 1 is Crosby, Nash and Richards, 2 is the Sharks, and the 3rd is Staal, Toews and Getzlaf and through Morrow in where ever, the pressure is on, now Loungo shines and Fleury is the backup, and Brodeur is on a plane sleeping, or on the US bench, trying to figure if he can carry Miller's equipment, lol, doubt he can even do that

I don't think Ryan was really the one to split the lines up, pretty sure it was Babcock and his coaching staff's idea? J/K of course, but he is simply reporting what was made public tonight that they're making the changes to those lines he listed!
Go to Top of Page

ryan93
PickupHockey Pro

Canada
996 Posts

Posted - 02/23/2010 :  06:23:13  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Yeah those lines i posted, they are what Bob McKenzie posted on twitter.
Go to Top of Page

Guest2000
( )

Posted - 02/24/2010 :  11:17:17  Reply with Quote
Some of you say your tired of hearing the what have you done for me lately BS reality is its is a two week tournament not a lifetime achievement award why would you not go with the best goalie at the time.

Should the russians have started Khabuhlin if he was healthy because he has a cup and stood on his head last year in the playoffs hell no. Nabokov & Bryzgalov have been studs this year, and your best example at what have you done for me lately is the US. I believe Tim Thomas won the Vezina last year but he's riding B**** while Miller leads the way cuz he has been great this year; so why would brodeur be an acception especiallly when we didn't show cujo any pity in 02.

Yes Brodeur is the best ever statiscally and then you will always have those people who argue otherwise just because they dont like him or his style no different with all the greats. But Marty didn't play well leading into the tournament and really hasn't been realiable in clutch situations since 06 look at his playoff record since then if you wanna doubt the comment.

In a two week tournament its all about who's hot thats how the czech won in 98 how we won in 02 and how the swedes won in 06. So please stop with the lifetime achievement BS and face the facts and reality that marty and all athletes as they age just arent the players they once were. You pay them there respects but tell them its time to move on as you need to win and hes just not cutting it. What more do you owe a guy that makes more cash in a season then the majority of the planet makes in their lifetime.
Go to Top of Page

Beans15

Canada
8286 Posts

Posted - 02/24/2010 :  11:33:10  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I hear what you are saying guest, but it's also pretty hard to argue that Broduer this season has been pretty friggin good himself. Better statistically than Luongo and Fluery.

The decision to go with him as #1 was not a bad one. However, he did not play well against the US and Babcock went the other way. No one is arguing that.

Bottom line, 95% of people would have went with Broduer before the US game. Problem is that a large majority of those 95% use hindsight and say AFTER the game that Luongo should have played.

Go to Top of Page

Guest2000
( )

Posted - 02/24/2010 :  12:07:48  Reply with Quote
I get you beans and even though you may not believe me i was hoping they went with Fluery from the beggining even though that had as much of a chance as the swiss winning gold. One cuz i am a pens fan but more importantly he was lights out at the begging of the season but then went through a low period as a goalies and players do and the last two years in the playoffs hes been nuts. Ya he'll let in the occasional soft one but on a breakaway or on an odd man rush there is no goalie in this world who i would rely on more then his athelticism and the way he gets across the net is nuts.

I am one of those guys who cant stand brodeur not because hes not good cuz that would be ignorant on my behalf as i give credit were credit is due and he is hands down the best. But i've never been a fan of his style and get nervous the way he kicks at the puck along the ice even though it has obviously worked for him. Plus i wanna goalie ala Roy, Hasek etc who wear their heart on their sleeve and will tear your head off if you f*** up infront of them and marty's just not that type of ra ra guy that a group of young guys need back there.

Without a doubt he is the best i am just tired of people going on the countless vezina's and cups that happened years ago. Lundqvist doesn't have s*** but he does have an olympic gold because he got hot at the right time and thats what you need when you have a two week tourny and a group infront of you with the talent that we as canadians are fortunate to have.
Go to Top of Page

Guest4803
( )

Posted - 02/24/2010 :  12:18:38  Reply with Quote
Put Luongo or Fleury in NJ with the defensive system that they play and they would have similar if not better stats then Brodeur, not sure about Fleury but i know Luongo has a better save percentage then Brodeur not as many wins due ot the fact he hasnt played as many games and their gaa is pretty similar. Louuuuuuuuuuuuu will shine tonight
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page