Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Search
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?
 All Forums
 Hockey Forums
Allow Anonymous Posting forum... Trash Talk
 what is the nhl's most hated team Allow Anonymous Users Reply to This Topic...
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
Previous Page | Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 3

Guest2818
( )

Posted - 03/09/2010 :  14:17:10  Reply with Quote
Leafs will never win anything hahahahahahah
Go to Top of Page

Guest8165
( )

Posted - 03/09/2010 :  14:53:29  Reply with Quote
My reason for it being Toronto is simply this belief because they are an original six team they should be regarded in this white light and everyone should want to be like them...

but lets be serious here... last time winning the cup before the Cancuks were even in the league and won it when there was only 5 other teams in the league... are you kidding me? I'd take those odds anyday that had a Vancouver team been in the league they would of won a few Stanley Cups.

It's a 30 team league now and Toronto has had no more success than the Canucks and if memory serves me correctly the last time we met in the playoffs you were decimated before we made it to Game 7 in the finals. Enjoy your lottery pick....oh wait you traded that away... at least you'll have a token boy for a few years before he demands a trade to a playoff contender.
Go to Top of Page

Guest4796
( )

Posted - 03/09/2010 :  14:58:37  Reply with Quote
LOL, so true ^^^^
Go to Top of Page

CoreteztheKiller
Top Prospect

11 Posts

Posted - 03/10/2010 :  07:38:51  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I'd say the most hated team in the league is easily the Leafs. As a Leafs fan, I understand this sentiment. There are all sorts of reasons to hate them:

-Toronto is fairly or unfairly resented by the rest of Canada

-The media is saturated with Leafs, no matter how they are playing

-The reason for the media fascination is they have the biggest fan-base in the NHL easily. When you have a fan base that large, the chances of ignorant fans increases exponentially

-Up until recently, the team. I couldn't stand Darcy Tucker even when Kaberle and Sundin were bouncing 20 goals off of him a year, he's just one example

-Burkey. He's a polarizing figure to say the least

All that being said, they are also the most beloved team as well, and I'm hoping they give us a reason for that soon enough (but not in the next couple years lol)
Go to Top of Page

Alex116
PickupHockey Legend

6113 Posts

Posted - 03/10/2010 :  08:27:42  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by CoreteztheKiller

I'd say the most hated team in the league is easily the Leafs. As a Leafs fan, I understand this sentiment. There are all sorts of reasons to hate them:

-Toronto is fairly or unfairly resented by the rest of Canada

-The media is saturated with Leafs, no matter how they are playing

-The reason for the media fascination is they have the biggest fan-base in the NHL easily. When you have a fan base that large, the chances of ignorant fans increases exponentially

-Up until recently, the team. I couldn't stand Darcy Tucker even when Kaberle and Sundin were bouncing 20 goals off of him a year, he's just one example

-Burkey. He's a polarizing figure to say the least

All that being said, they are also the most beloved team as well, and I'm hoping they give us a reason for that soon enough (but not in the next couple years lol)

This is prob the best first post i've read from a new poster. Honest, very accurate and about his own team as well! Nice job Coretez, welcome to the forum.
Go to Top of Page

Guest6816
( )

Posted - 03/10/2010 :  09:20:50  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by fat_elvis_rocked

quote:
Originally posted by Guest8165

quote:

[quote]Originally posted by Guest4803

I don't even mind the "Nucks", but, as Beans pointed out, there seems to be an un-earned, stigma growing, that wants us to believe that the Canucks are a predominant Canadian team too. Win something first, then talk the talk.

1992/93 Montreal Canadians last team from Canada to win the Stanley Cup...If I can do the math here that is only 18 years ago which really legitimizes your point of win something first then talk the talk... Hell I mean even Tampa and Carolina have won a cup since then, how can you even bring this up?

Uhhh....okay?

I have no clue what you are talking about. I didn't mention the Canadians, Tampa, or Carolina.

I stated, obviously not clearly enough for yourself, that, there seems to be, from Canucks fans, this opinion that the Canucks are a Canadian team that should be held with the same sort of accord granted some of the more historically successful Canadian franchises.

Doesn't matter if it's been 18 years or 48 years, they have yet to win the big one.

I'll agree, the Canucks are a good hockey team, they are on a nice roll and look good heading into the playoffs, no argument from me. What I am questioning is some of the more vocal fans inability to understand that they haven't earned anything more than that yet.

As near as I can tell, Ottawa and Vancouver are the only 2 Canadian teams that have yet to win a cup....whenever, actually Ottawa is also an exception, but because it's been almost 100 years, I'll include them.

Funny thing is, you don't hear Ottawa fans talking with the braggadocio of some Canucks fans, and that in a nutshell is what I was referring to, some Canucks fans, un-earned swagger, and their claim that any dislike for the Canucks is jealousy.

Does that make more sense to you now?

Get your facts straight - Vancouver has won the cup. Check the 1914-15 season as the Millionaires in the NHA/PCHA league showdown against...the Ottowa Senators

http://www.legendsofhockey.net/LegendsOfHockey/jsp/SilverwareTrophyWinner.jsp?tro=STC&year=1914-15 br /
Go to Top of Page

Guest6816
( )

Posted - 03/10/2010 :  09:31:23  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Guest6816

quote:

quote:
Originally posted by Guest8165

quote:

[quote]Originally posted by Guest4803

I don't even mind the "Nucks", but, as Beans pointed out, there seems to be an un-earned, stigma growing, that wants us to believe that the Canucks are a predominant Canadian team too. Win something first, then talk the talk.

1992/93 Montreal Canadians last team from Canada to win the Stanley Cup...If I can do the math here that is only 18 years ago which really legitimizes your point of win something first then talk the talk... Hell I mean even Tampa and Carolina have won a cup since then, how can you even bring this up?

Uhhh....okay?

I have no clue what you are talking about. I didn't mention the Canadians, Tampa, or Carolina.

I stated, obviously not clearly enough for yourself, that, there seems to be, from Canucks fans, this opinion that the Canucks are a Canadian team that should be held with the same sort of accord granted some of the more historically successful Canadian franchises.

Doesn't matter if it's been 18 years or 48 years, they have yet to win the big one.

I'll agree, the Canucks are a good hockey team, they are on a nice roll and look good heading into the playoffs, no argument from me. What I am questioning is some of the more vocal fans inability to understand that they haven't earned anything more than that yet.

As near as I can tell, Ottawa and Vancouver are the only 2 Canadian teams that have yet to win a cup....whenever, actually Ottawa is also an exception, but because it's been almost 100 years, I'll include them.

Funny thing is, you don't hear Ottawa fans talking with the braggadocio of some Canucks fans, and that in a nutshell is what I was referring to, some Canucks fans, un-earned swagger, and their claim that any dislike for the Canucks is jealousy.

Does that make more sense to you now?

Get your facts straight - Vancouver has won the cup. Check the 1914-15 season as the Millionaires in the NHA/PCHA league showdown against...the Ottowa Senators

http://www.legendsofhockey.net/LegendsOfHockey/jsp/SilverwareTrophyWinner.jsp?tro=STC&year=1914-15 br /

Gah - O T T A W A - sheesh
Go to Top of Page

fat_elvis_rocked
PickupHockey Pro

Canada
902 Posts

Posted - 03/10/2010 :  09:39:25  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
You are absolutely right, my mistake, I knew that a Vancouver team had won the cup, but as it was pre-NHL, I didn't consider it.

Thanks for the information. Guess that means hockey powerhouses such as Seattle, Kenora and even Winnipeg, have as much right to brag about their cup history as Vancouver then.
Go to Top of Page

Guest6816
( )

Posted - 03/10/2010 :  09:44:04  Reply with Quote
Here's a full list of Stanley Cup winning teams....

http://www.legendsofhockey.net/LegendsOfHockey/jsp/SilverwareTrophyWinners.jsp?tro=STC

As Canadian franchises go - Montreal would have the most to crow about - including the 5 consecutive wins in the late 50s and '60. Ottawa does feature numerous time between the 1915-16 and 1926-27 seasons....so it's better than "almost a hundred years ago" as quoted above. Between then (the 26-27 season) and the mid 80s it seems to be predominantly a Detroit-Montreal-Toronto-NYI show. Since then it has been more widely varied, and will probably continue to do so for the future. The talent is too widely spread for any one team to post more than a two year consecutive win of the cup. Do you think maybe the league wants it this way in order to keep interest in the sport as wide spread as possible?
Go to Top of Page

Guest4339
( )

Posted - 03/10/2010 :  13:05:20  Reply with Quote
quote:

quote:
Originally posted by Guest4803

beans a nuck is a canuck which is a canadian really dumb name isnt it? i mean an oiler is such a fantastic name sounds like it belongs in texas. Love that the canucks are your least favourite team, because where their is hate their is jealousy.

'a nuck is a canuck'? 'oiler is such a fantastic name sounds like it belongs in texas'?

Hold on a sec there Dr. Seuss, you do know that there is oil in them there Alberta hills, don't you?

If one is trying to be pithy, at least try and have it make sense.

Why does every offended Canuck fan seem to allude to the whole, 'you're just jealous' out? What are some of you more boisterous fans of the Canucks? 12?

That's exactly what makes fans like me question the Canucks, you guys can have a good team, but then some of the fans become these swaggering buffoons, running around bragging about all the things they 'might' do. Near as I cal tell, they still haven't done anything....

Sure, the Oilers may be bad this year, just like every team has their years of futility, but at least, although it's been awhile, they have been there. Of course if you actually are 12, you wouldn't remember anyways.

I'm a Canucks fan, so obviously I'm biased. I have never understood the 'hate' for the Canucks and Beans, you're right, it all sounds irrational to me.

Don't like the Lu chants? and the fact that we cheer our team on even though they haven't won anything?

Sorry for cheering our team on regardless of whether they are winning. Sorry for not being a bandwagon jumper? So all Canucks fans should NOT cheer and support their team? That really clears it all up. That's a much more rational approach.

You'll probably say that fans are supporting their team as if they won something - what does that even mean? How do you cheer as if your team hasn't won?

Fat elvis, you're right, SOME Canucks fans are stupid. Point me to the team that doesn't have any.
Go to Top of Page

Guest6816
( )

Posted - 03/11/2010 :  08:37:40  Reply with Quote
^^ So much THIS!!

Watching the game last night made me think of this thread and all the derision heaped upon our "Lou" chant. Is that any worse than the howling that gets broadcast any time the Coyotes get a goal or start out on a power play? I think not. Every team has their idiosyncracies - be they broadcast by the fans or by the team management/facilities personnel, it matters not - we like our goalie and when he makes a great save we let him know it. I think I may have evan heard a few low key "Lou" chants from the Pheonix crowd last night after some of his more spectacular saves. Our fans are everywhere. Stopping the puck behind the net does not produce the chant, as was suggested earlier in the thread. That "stretch" of observation only makes the poster sound like a petulant child who will spount falsehoods to further their point.
Go to Top of Page

HawkinOilCountry
PickupHockey Pro

Canada
318 Posts

Posted - 03/11/2010 :  09:29:50  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
The "Lou" chant and the Howling in Pheonix are both pretty lame and really annoying. So are the Duck calls from Anaheim and the "USA!" chants in TO. You'd have to be really drunk or a super fan, or both to get into stuff like this.

To me the Lou chant is the worst, for me not used to watching games in Vancouver it always just sounds like Booing. Second worst is the Duck call because my Sister is an Anaheim fan and kept sounding her duck call in my ear when Edmonton was playing Anaheim in '06.

I don't think anyone here is bashing Vancouver fans for cheering for thier team even though they've never won anything. From all I've read it's just about people bragging about a team that has no hardware to brag about.

BIG difference between Cheering and Bragging. One is team spirit, the other is unfounded, obnoxious, and rude.

The arena wall in chicago should be credited with a goal.
Go to Top of Page

Beans15

Canada
8286 Posts

Posted - 03/11/2010 :  09:46:18  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
1) I never once said don't cheer for your team. I don't think anyone else has either. What the thing is for an outside is that's it a little presumptuous to talk so highly of a team that really hasn't won anything in, well, ever. Furthermore, to talk about a team that has won the division 2 of the last 4 season but has not made it out of the 2nd round is not a success in any other City. Why is it a success in Vancouver?

2) Each team does have the idiosyncrasies. Some are better than other. But do you hear the Coyote howl when Bryzgalov cover the puck or stops the puck behind the net for his defenseman?? Nope. I would actually appreciate the Lou chant if it happened when it should happen. Huge saves get huge cheers. To make the cheer every single time the guy touches the puck is annoying to most outside of Vancouver.

3) I think HawkinOil said it best. There is a huge difference between Cheering and Bragging. A sage person once told me, "Those who brag, have to."

4) Every team has their good and bad fans. Personally, I dislike bad Oiler fans more than any other teams bad fans because those bad Oiler fans make me look bad.

5) I don't have to have any rationale reason to dislike a team. That is one of the beautiful things about sports to me. It is perfectly ok to have an irrational opinion. Most things in life do not allow that luxury.
Go to Top of Page

Alex116
PickupHockey Legend

6113 Posts

Posted - 03/11/2010 :  10:33:40  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Beans15
5) I don't have to have any rationale reason to dislike a team. That is one of the beautiful things about sports to me. It is perfectly ok to have an irrational opinion. Most things in life do not allow that luxury.

Spot on! Same goes for the Luuuuuu chant! I could care less who it annoys, but at the same time, i totally understand that it would bug some outsiders. I also don't like when it starts for a routine save, although i will say, i heard it more in the Olympics for routine saves than i ever had before. I think that a lot of the locals were excited he was being handed the reigns so to speak and were expressing themselves that way! I will say, i've never heard a Luuuuuu after he stopped the puck behind the net for a dman? If that happened everytime, i'd prob hope to see Raycroft more often cuz at that point, it'd annoy the hell outta me too!

Go to Top of Page

Guest4339
( )

Posted - 03/11/2010 :  10:50:17  Reply with Quote
quote:

1) I never once said don't cheer for your team. I don't think anyone else has either. What the thing is for an outside is that's it a little presumptuous to talk so highly of a team that really hasn't won anything in, well, ever. Furthermore, to talk about a team that has won the division 2 of the last 4 season but has not made it out of the 2nd round is not a success in any other City. Why is it a success in Vancouver?

2) Each team does have the idiosyncrasies. Some are better than other. But do you hear the Coyote howl when Bryzgalov cover the puck or stops the puck behind the net for his defenseman?? Nope. I would actually appreciate the Lou chant if it happened when it should happen. Huge saves get huge cheers. To make the cheer every single time the guy touches the puck is annoying to most outside of Vancouver.

3) I think HawkinOil said it best. There is a huge difference between Cheering and Bragging. A sage person once told me, "Those who brag, have to."

4) Every team has their good and bad fans. Personally, I dislike bad Oiler fans more than any other teams bad fans because those bad Oiler fans make me look bad.

Bragging? You're right in saying that bragging is rude and obnoxious, but I personally haven't seen any Canuck fans that 'brag' about their team.

I would say most fans have actually been very disappointed at the Canucks playoff results save for '94. A lot of us are very critical of the players and the results, but of course, then we'd just be labeled as bandwagon jumpers.

For a person that has no 'rational reasons' to dislike a team and their fans, you sure have listed many reasons rationalizing your dislike for the Canucks.
Go to Top of Page

Guest4796
( )

Posted - 03/11/2010 :  11:02:58  Reply with Quote
If your team hasn't won cup in 20+ years STFU already. As far as i can tell, no canadian team has anything to brag about these days.
Go to Top of Page

Gusteroni
Rookie

Canada
225 Posts

Posted - 03/11/2010 :  12:18:36  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:

^^ So much THIS!!

Watching the game last night made me think of this thread and all the derision heaped upon our "Lou" chant. Is that any worse than the howling that gets broadcast any time the Coyotes get a goal or start out on a power play? I think not. Every team has their idiosyncracies - be they broadcast by the fans or by the team management/facilities personnel, it matters not - we like our goalie and when he makes a great save we let him know it. I think I may have evan heard a few low key "Lou" chants from the Pheonix crowd last night after some of his more spectacular saves. Our fans are everywhere. Stopping the puck behind the net does not produce the chant, as was suggested earlier in the thread. That "stretch" of observation only makes the poster sound like a petulant child who will spount falsehoods to further their point.

Hmmmm. Those spectacular (not so much) saves were actually made by Raycroft last night.

Watching that game last night I was actually proud of the Coyote fans for making the most noise I have ever heard in that rink. There weren't any Louuuuu chants but there were some Go Coyotes Go chants throughout the game.

Even though there are mixed opinions on where that team should be this year I do believe it would be good for the NHL as a whole for the Coyotes to be successful. Also it would be good on the fans to give them the support that the Coyotes deserve, especially with the year they're having. That being said I have taken them off my hated team list...for now.

Most hated team...Ottawa Senators, just because of the rivalry and because they are Orr's most hated team too (especially Carkner).

When Hell freezes over, I'll play hockey there too.
Go to Top of Page

Guest4339
( )

Posted - 03/11/2010 :  12:32:51  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Gusteroni

quote:

^^ So much THIS!!

Hmmmm. Those spectacular (not so much) saves were actually made by Raycroft last night.

Watching that game last night I was actually proud of the Coyote fans for making the most noise I have ever heard in that rink. There weren't any Louuuuu chants but there were some Go Coyotes Go chants throughout the game.

Even though there are mixed opinions on where that team should be this year I do believe it would be good for the NHL as a whole for the Coyotes to be successful. Also it would be good on the fans to give them the support that the Coyotes deserve, especially with the year they're having. That being said I have taken them off my hated team list...for now.

Most hated team...Ottawa Senators, just because of the rivalry and because they are Orr's most hated team too (especially Carkner).

Yeah, it's good to see that the Coyotes are doing well, hopefully things turn around for them.

It'll be weird though that they could possibly be relocated just as things starts looking up.
Go to Top of Page

Beans15

Canada
8286 Posts

Posted - 03/11/2010 :  12:37:27  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Guest4339

quote:

Bragging? You're right in saying that bragging is rude and obnoxious, but I personally haven't seen any Canuck fans that 'brag' about their team.

I would say most fans have actually been very disappointed at the Canucks playoff results save for '94. A lot of us are very critical of the players and the results, but of course, then we'd just be labeled as bandwagon jumpers.

For a person that has no 'rational reasons' to dislike a team and their fans, you sure have listed many reasons rationalizing your dislike for the Canucks.

I wouldn't say this was a rationalization of my dislike for the Casucks, but more of a list of irrationality. (Is that a word?? Did I just invent a word??)

And to see Bragging, just take a scroll back through these few pages. You will see more than enough bragging about the 'success' of the Canucks.

I appreciate the realization that the Casucks have done nothing since '94. It's very similar to my understanding that save the 06 playoffs, the Oilers have done nothing in 20 years!!

Stupid Hockey.
Go to Top of Page

Guest6132
( )

Posted - 03/11/2010 :  12:47:59  Reply with Quote
Dont about a hated team, but as for a hated playa...I hate Maxime LaPierre
Go to Top of Page

Hugh G. Rection
Rookie

165 Posts

Posted - 03/11/2010 :  12:49:16  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Bragging about cups that were won 20+ years ago is one of the more idiotic things any 'fan' can do. I'm a habs fan, and I can talk at length about the 92-93 cup, and to a lesser extent the '86 cup is relevant to me. The rest? Not so much. The team today doesn't even have one resemblance to the e'93 squad save for the assistant coach.

I never saw Guy Lafleur play hockey, as well as the Richards, Robinsons, etc. etc. I enjoy the history of my team, but I would never brag about it. HAHA 24 cups everyone else sucks!!! Just makes me feel like a yankees fan (there is one team everyone should agree to hate).

To answer the question directly, it's clearly the leafs. Coretez above made the point fairly clear, and I find it obvious why it's the case.

Canucks fans really stirred up this much fuss? Four of my closest friends are Canucks fans till the grave, and even they make fun of their own fan base. They get nostalgic talking about '94 like I do about '93, and in my experience they don't seem to be 'bragging' at all. Decent amount of fair-weather fans and bandwagoners, but every team basically has this. If anyone was in Ottawa during their cup run, you saw how insane the city got. The very next year, where did all those people go?
Go to Top of Page

Guest4339
( )

Posted - 03/11/2010 :  13:11:12  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Hugh G. Rection

Bragging about cups that were won 20+ years ago is one of the more idiotic things any 'fan' can do. I'm a habs fan, and I can talk at length about the 92-93 cup, and to a lesser extent the '86 cup is relevant to me. The rest? Not so much. The team today doesn't even have one resemblance to the e'93 squad save for the assistant coach.

I never saw Guy Lafleur play hockey, as well as the Richards, Robinsons, etc. etc. I enjoy the history of my team, but I would never brag about it. HAHA 24 cups everyone else sucks!!! Just makes me feel like a yankees fan (there is one team everyone should agree to hate).

To answer the question directly, it's clearly the leafs. Coretez above made the point fairly clear, and I find it obvious why it's the case.

Canucks fans really stirred up this much fuss? Four of my closest friends are Canucks fans till the grave, and even they make fun of their own fan base. They get nostalgic talking about '94 like I do about '93, and in my experience they don't seem to be 'bragging' at all. Decent amount of fair-weather fans and bandwagoners, but every team basically has this. If anyone was in Ottawa during their cup run, you saw how insane the city got. The very next year, where did all those people go?

Agreed, Hugh. Especially on the sentiment on wondering why Canuck fans are getting picked on moreso than some of the other teams when it's the same thing all around.

And Beans, other than maybe the one post that could be seen as bragging, the majority of posts on here are hating on the Canucks and their fans and of course the response defending their team. Maybe just depends on perspective.
Go to Top of Page

Matt_Roberts85
PickupHockey Pro

Canada
936 Posts

Posted - 03/11/2010 :  13:11:43  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Guest7886

Even though there's a lot of them, I'm surprised there's not more Toronto answers. While it's gotten better, watching a Toronto game a few years ago was like nails on a chalkboard. Roberts/Tucker/Domi/Sundin would whine to the refs for 30+ seconds every single time there was a whistle. Just shut up and play the game, already, particularly when you're being a hypocrite... Of course, that was amplified by how we're pretty much force-fed Leafs games. It's also hard to take an organization that doesn't know how to pluralize seriously.
Other than that, NJ and other similar teams for the boring playstyle for so many years.

... I also never understood the "LOOUUUUUU!!!" chants. It always sounds like they're just booing him.

Its amazing how people dont understand how grammer works.

The word "Leafs" refers to the "Maple Leaf" regiment of the first world war, it has nothing to do with Leaves. Since the team is being refered to the army unit and not actual "Maple leaves" the term "Leafs" is correct.

There is no "I" in team, but there is an "M" and an "E".
Go to Top of Page

Matt_Roberts85
PickupHockey Pro

Canada
936 Posts

Posted - 03/11/2010 :  13:15:52  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Guest2818

Leafs will never win anything hahahahahahah

you should add "again" to the end of that statement for it to make sense. 43 years without a cup and our 13 still stands as second most of all time.

Also, for the person who said "im sure the canucks would have won a few cups in the original 6 as well", well beating toronto or montreal in those days was not easy. Otherwise the rangers, hawks, wings and bruins would have won more than they did. I always love how no one gives those teams any flack for only winning 3 or 4 cups during the original 6 era. Obvioulsy the red wings have made up for it recently, but seriously, the habs and leafs were the best of the best back then. Assuming you would win a ton just because there were only 6 teams is a joke.

Go to Top of Page

Guest4803
( )

Posted - 03/11/2010 :  13:31:49  Reply with Quote
while kesler and burrows may not be the classiest two players in the league at least their not driving around getting DUI's or running out on their dinner bills *cough cough oilers cough* so i wouldnt talk about class to much if i was an Edmonton supporter. The sedins just donated $1.5 mil to childrens hospital as well so id like to think overall the canucks have a little more class then those from Oil Town.
Go to Top of Page

Gusteroni
Rookie

Canada
225 Posts

Posted - 03/11/2010 :  13:54:20  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Guest4803

while kesler and burrows may not be the classiest two players in the league at least their not driving around getting DUI's or running out on their dinner bills *cough cough oilers cough* so i wouldnt talk about class to much if i was an Edmonton supporter. The sedins just donated $1.5 mil to childrens hospital as well so id like to think overall the canucks have a little more class then those from Oil Town.

I wouldn't go there man. The Oilers do a heck of a lot for their community. Edmonton has the Stollery Children's Hospital and many of the Oilers make frequent visits there infact they have a huge lottery every year with the profits going to many areas. The Sedin's aren't the only players to do something good...give your head a shake.

Go to Top of Page

CoreteztheKiller
Top Prospect

11 Posts

Posted - 03/11/2010 :  14:40:09  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Thanks alex116! Though not a complete newbie, I made some posts last year under a different username (goleafsgosj I think).

Kinda suprised to hear the Canucks are so hated. I'm a big Lu fan and the Sedin's are just fun to watch. Burrows is a weasel though and the more I hear from Kesler the less I like him. Don't remember what he said in that Canada-US game, but something he said pissed me off, made the gold that much sweeter if that is possible. That being said, I'd be happy to see them get a cup, if anything just to bring the cup back to Canada
Go to Top of Page

Alex116
PickupHockey Legend

6113 Posts

Posted - 03/11/2010 :  15:09:32  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Matt, even as a Canucks fan, i can't stand when people try to use the Leafs / Leaves thing against TO. Such a silly argument really. BTW, i had no idea it had anything to do with the WWI regiment? Interesting.
As for the original 6 argument, i'm pretty sure the poster was simply saying that the Canucks prob would have won a couple/few cups, not so much that they'd have won more than TO or Montreal? I think it was more directed at those with the "win something first" attitude? Just my 2cents worth...

4803....as Gus said, careful what you say! All the teams do charity work and surely some more than others but just because of the recent monetary donation by the Sedins, don't go trying to say the Canucks do more than the rest! I could possibly be true for all i know, but i wouldn't go spouting off about that withour a whole bunch of research. Even if they do, so what, as i said, all the teams support worthy causes!

Coretez..... I'm assuming you're referring to the comment Kesler made about hating Canada? I think it's been determined that he wasn't talking about the country, rather the hockey team. I really don't think he hated anyone personally either, moreso the team he was trying to steal the gold from. Pretty sure he meant it in a competetive way, much like the way that Ovie said he's love nothing more than to beat Canada on their home soil?
Go to Top of Page

nuxfan
PickupHockey All-Star

3670 Posts

Posted - 03/11/2010 :  15:38:14  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
As an Ottawa Senators fan... Toronto Maple Leafs.

As a Canadian citizen not living in Toronto...the Toronto Maple Leafs. And here is why:

- Leaf fans are loud and desperate. Message boards are full of leafs fans proposing the most ridiculous trades, whining because playerA didn't sign in Toronto as a free agent (like any player with skill and value would sign with the leafs just to play under a microscope all season long and finish out of the playoffs), wondering why everyone else hates them. Honestly, you don't come across as particularly knowledgeable fans, and the rest of us get tired of you.

- The media over reports them. The team sucks - yet despite that, on Canadian sports sites I get to read more about leaf players (likes, dislikes, what they ate for breakfast, how many dogs they own, what they like to do in the summer, how they feel today) than all other NHL players combined. How is it possible that I can know what colour Colton Orr's car is, but I have to scour the internet to find out the most basic information about other teams in the league?

- As I mentioned before, the team sucks - yet, every Saturday night, I have to watch them. Even if much-more-exciting-to-watch Ottawa or Montreal are playing, I have to watch the Leafs. It sucks to have to watch a team that sucks, because CBC gives you no other option.

I used to hate Edmonton and Calgary, but now I just feel sadness - the Nux used to have a good rivalry with both teams, now its just an easy 2 points. Still, its good that they try.
Go to Top of Page

Guest2000
( )

Posted - 03/11/2010 :  16:05:40  Reply with Quote
I'd say the mosted hated team in the NHL by majority would have to be the Flyers they've been dirty since the 70's so i'm sure they've built a vast majority of haters along the way and im sure the hit by richards didnt to anything to help that cause to the non educated hockey public. However, they have also been sucessful.

Being from Toronto i can easily say i hate the leafs organization as for what it represents but for someone to say their fans are bush league or minor league then you never went to a game at maple leaf gardens you would go home def after every game the problem now is MLSE is concerned about their bank account then putting a quality team on the ice. Needless to say its been like that forever but definetly since they moved into the ACC. The entire lower level is corporate. If the ticket prices weren't so out of control then you would see how out of control and die hards leaf fans really are. Case and point the amount of leaf fans that go to sabres games just because they can sit in the lower bowl for 50$ rather then 500 or more at the ACC. I wasnt even born when the leafs won the cup neither were 95% of the people i know and yet they will still fight you tooth and nail that hockey doesn't exist outside of toronto.

I hate the leafs just thought it was appropiate to point out that they are hands down the most loyal and loudest fans if any of them could afford to go to a game then you would clearly see that. The good thing for me is that i only have to listen to the non stop ranting and raving about 20times a year after they manage to win
Go to Top of Page

Guest9103
( )

Posted - 03/11/2010 :  18:56:39  Reply with Quote

You pull off the superiority card based on grammar & spelling when it's a little-known fact that the guy obviously didn't know, as opposed to a lack of understanding for the language... Irony.

As for the actual topic, I vote Colorado because they stole our team right after Philly was stupid enough to give us the barn for Lindros. Yes, I'm still bitter.
Go to Top of Page

Guest8165
( )

Posted - 03/11/2010 :  19:04:06  Reply with Quote
[/quote]

you should add "again" to the end of that statement for it to make sense. 43 years without a cup and our 13 still stands as second most of all time.

Also, for the person who said "im sure the canucks would have won a few cups in the original 6 as well", well beating toronto or montreal in those days was not easy. Otherwise the rangers, hawks, wings and bruins would have won more than they did. I always love how no one gives those teams any flack for only winning 3 or 4 cups during the original 6 era. Obvioulsy the red wings have made up for it recently, but seriously, the habs and leafs were the best of the best back then. Assuming you would win a ton just because there were only 6 teams is a joke.

[/quote]

Never said a ton...but good job taking my comments out of context...

It doesn't matter what you say really... 6 teams vs 30 teams you have to be an idiot to think that any one of those teams doesnt have an exponentially better shot of winning the cup... Look at the CFL...8 teams... all have won at least 2 Grey Cups... How you think you can compare the Original 6 Era Maple Leafs to the post Original 6 era Canucks is just plain stupid. Neither team has had success and get off you high horse about this Maple Laffs team that has no more success than the any other team that hasn't won the cup since then.
Go to Top of Page

Matt_Roberts85
PickupHockey Pro

Canada
936 Posts

Posted - 03/12/2010 :  08:54:35  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by nuxfan

quote:

As a Canadian citizen not living in Toronto...the Toronto Maple Leafs. And here is why:

- Leaf fans are loud and desperate. Message boards are full of leafs fans proposing the most ridiculous trades, whining because playerA didn't sign in Toronto as a free agent (like any player with skill and value would sign with the leafs just to play under a microscope all season long and finish out of the playoffs), wondering why everyone else hates them. Honestly, you don't come across as particularly knowledgeable fans, and the rest of us get tired of you.

- The media over reports them. The team sucks - yet despite that, on Canadian sports sites I get to read more about leaf players (likes, dislikes, what they ate for breakfast, how many dogs they own, what they like to do in the summer, how they feel today) than all other NHL players combined. How is it possible that I can know what colour Colton Orr's car is, but I have to scour the internet to find out the most basic information about other teams in the league?

- As I mentioned before, the team sucks - yet, every Saturday night, I have to watch them. Even if much-more-exciting-to-watch Ottawa or Montreal are playing, I have to watch the Leafs. It sucks to have to watch a team that sucks, because CBC gives you no other option.

Wow, where to begin.

The message boards are covered head to toe with idiot arm chair Gm's of fans of all teams, not just toronto. We've been through this arguement 1000x on this site so I wont go into it too much. Angry fans are everywhere in every fan base, not just toronto. There are TONS of very knowledgeable hockey fans in Toronto and tons of amazing players as well. Look at all the great players in the NHL from the GTA, many of whom grew up a leafs fan and were coached by and played with other Leaf fans. Just because the current club isnt very good, does not mean the fan base are a bunch of idiots.... the dedication to hockey in the GTA is enormous, you just happen to come across the 14 year olds on the internet.

Also, no one in Toronto wonders why 'everyone hates them'. Or should i say cares why everyone hates them. Like we give a s*** if canuck or habs fans hate us....

The media..... i swear, this seems to be the #1 reason for the hate. TSN, Sportsnet, CBC and the score all are located in Toronto. Is it really any wonder why the biggest city, with the biggest fanbase with all the media outlets gets the most coverage? If the shoe was on the other foot it wouldnt bother you one bit, its unfortunate for fans in the rest of canada I guess, but no one is forcing you to watch leafs coverage. The internet is something you can use to totally bypass anything leafs related if you want, check out SBN for blogs totally dedicated to your favorite team if you crave information on your club so badly.

By the way, what colour is Colton orr's car? I sure dont know, nor have i seen anything cover it...

Again, if you dont like watching the leafs, dont watch! you can stream games off the net. The CBC has had a few saturday nights without the leafs and the rating were down big time, those nights are the leaf haters chance to give CBC a reason not to show the leafs and it hasnt really gone the way you wanted it to. The massive audience the leafs attract is just too much to resist.

Just wait until the leafs are actually good again, you think the coverage and crazy fans are out in full force now? You aint seen nothin yet

Go to Top of Page

Matt_Roberts85
PickupHockey Pro

Canada
936 Posts

Posted - 03/12/2010 :  08:56:29  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Guest9103

You pull off the superiority card based on grammar & spelling when it's a little-known fact that the guy obviously didn't know, as opposed to a lack of understanding for the language... Irony.

heh, i just knew id screw up something in that post and get called out for it. But still, i never knocked his spelling, just his understanding of pronouns.

i hope more people understand the context of "Leafs" now, that was the main point i was trying to get across, not a personal attack. Sorry.

Go to Top of Page

baumer
Top Prospect

82 Posts

Posted - 03/12/2010 :  11:49:12  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by nuxfan

quote:

I used to hate Edmonton and Calgary, but now I just feel sadness - the Nux used to have a good rivalry with both teams, now its just an easy 2 points. Still, its good that they try.

I think youur hatred should be directed at the CBC or TSN or Sportsnet. Not the Leafs.
Go to Top of Page

Alex116
PickupHockey Legend

6113 Posts

Posted - 03/12/2010 :  12:16:58  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I have to be honest, the fact that it's the Leafs every Saturday night (afternoon here i suppose) is a lot of what drives me mad! I know there are tons of Leaf fans all over but when they're as bad as they are currently, we should be able to see some Montreal or Ottawa games every now and then?

I used to love when i got Habs games on channel 7 here in Van and could watch the Canadiens on the french station if they had a better matchup than the Leafs. Sadly, they don't broadcast on that station anymore. I suppose in the day and age of HD and all, they're prob only available on a channel i don't get?

For the most part, we do get to see the evening game of the double header usually involve a team out west here (Cal/Edm/Van) so all is not lost?
Go to Top of Page

Guest5655
( )

Posted - 03/12/2010 :  12:47:36  Reply with Quote
Most hated:

NJ - the trap...and successfully winning the cup so other teams would copy them....ugh!!!! ((shudder))
Philly - goon squad...why am I not surprised they picked up Pronger??!!! Thank goodness they never get good goaltending.
Toronto - center of the universe attitude and preventing another Canadian team! Stealing players before the cap era with big bucks.
NYR - Oh how much I enjoyed seeing the highest paid team fail to get into or deep into the playoffs. They seem to be better with a cap in place....go figure!
Go to Top of Page

HawkinOilCountry
PickupHockey Pro

Canada
318 Posts

Posted - 03/12/2010 :  13:38:08  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I'm definitly with Alex on the HNIC deal. There are 6 Canadian Teams some why are the Leafs on EVERY saturday? I wouldn't mind seeing an Ottawa or Montreal game now and then. Being in Edmonton I had a hell of a time trying to watch Cammaleri play this year.

I would also like to briefly bemoan the woefully low number of Chicago games I get to see because so few stations I get carry them. Watching Chicago wallop Nashville is one of my favorite things to do! F U Rinne!

The arena wall in chicago should be credited with a goal.
Go to Top of Page

Alex116
PickupHockey Legend

6113 Posts

Posted - 03/13/2010 :  16:04:07  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Wow, is someone from HNIC a member here? I just noticed they're airing the Montreal / Boston game in all parts of Canada except Ontario and Alberta where they get the Oilers / Leafs game!

Maybe Toronto's not so bad after all....
Go to Top of Page

Guest4852
( )

Posted - 03/14/2010 :  10:06:38  Reply with Quote
oh the teams i hate.. well for starters as a leaf fan i gotta go with the habs. oh how i hate them.. vancouver, omg they piss me off, LOUUUUU, k shuttup already. and the ugly twins? how can u cheer for those dorks.
phoenix. they dont deserve a damn team, and for you who said move them to ONTARIO already? F that, bring them back to where they belong, and the only city in north america that deserves an NHL team, WINNIPEG.
i also hate any team where there is an absense of ice, snow, or outdoor rinks. which makes up for a few more teams. bring hockey back to where ppl actually care about it
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 3 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page