Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Search
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?
 All Forums
 Hockey Forums
Allow Anonymous Posting forum... User Polls
 Who will win the Rocket Richard Trophy? Allow Anonymous Users Reply to This Topic...
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

polishexpress
PickupHockey Pro

525 Posts

Posted - 03/13/2010 :  22:21:42  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Poll Question:
The Trophy for the most goals will go to...

Just don't turn this into another Crosby vs. Ovechkin debate

In order of current leaders as of March 13, 2010:

Choices:

Sidney Crosby
Alexander Ovechkin
Steven Stamkos
Patrick Marleau
Marian Gaborik
Dany Heatley
Ilya Kovalchuk

Edited by - polishexpress on 03/14/2010 09:47:20

n/a
deleted

4809 Posts

Posted - 03/14/2010 :  08:04:44  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hard not to turn it into a Crosby/Ovechkin debate when they look like the only true contenders . . . Stamkos is on a great run, and Kovalchuk could get hot, but really, there aren't enough games left for that.

Crosby keeps surprising me . . . every time I think Ovechkin has the lead for good, he just keeps on scoring! It's a statement year from him to be sure, and one that very few if any predicted on this site. I remember a poll a while back about Crosby ever reaching 50 goals, and it was no across the board.

The longer Crosby keeps this up, the more reluctant I am with continuing to vote for Ovechkin as the easy pick to win. I still voted Ovechkin, but . . . it's getting close to 50/50, unbelievably.

"Take off, eh?" - Bob and Doug
Go to Top of Page

Alex
PickupHockey All-Star

Canada
2816 Posts

Posted - 03/14/2010 :  10:15:38  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Personally, I'd definitely like Crosby to win this, perhaps tie with Stamkos. Although I think it's good for the game and the league for Ovechkin to crack 50 again, which he definitely will, maybe 60?

I think that the career "knock" on Crosby if you will has been his "lack" of scoring touch when compared to other dominant players, so to shake that monkey - officially - would be good for the game. In the same way that Ovechkin winning the Cup would be good for the game.

As for Stamkos, we've seen one hit wonders and we've seen prominent young players keep themselves up to high standards set early in their careers. Whether or not Stamkos fits into the former or latter category, it'd be nice to see him at least tie for the Richard. Then again, maybe winning the trophy puts unnecessary pressure? (Read: Jonathan Cheechoo.)
Go to Top of Page

ryan93
PickupHockey Pro

Canada
996 Posts

Posted - 03/14/2010 :  10:28:19  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I want Crosby to win it, if not then would like to see Stamkos take it. But my gut is telling my Alex Ovechkin will win another.
Go to Top of Page

irvine
PickupHockey Veteran

Canada
1315 Posts

Posted - 03/14/2010 :  16:26:14  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
The safe bet is Ovechkin. Hard not to go with him, as we've all seen what he can do since entering the NHL.

But I decided to go for a change and voted Sid. It'd be nice to see him surpass Ovie this season, just for a change up. :P

But if I were betting money, even before the season began i'd have placed my cash on Ovie.

Irvine/prez.
Go to Top of Page

Gusteroni
Rookie

Canada
225 Posts

Posted - 03/15/2010 :  10:11:08  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I guess we will have to wait and see if Ovie gets a suspension or not although he usually makes up for time lost. Also I'm not so sure that Crosby is 100% after being pulled down by Downie, but I did give him my vote. Marleau and Stamkos aren't far behind with 41 and 42 goals respectively, it could end up being a photo finish. I now believe Sid could hit the 50 goal mark. I just noticed he has been rounding into a more complete hockey player over the last couple years and really why couldn't he hit 50? He has the talent, the skills, the work ethic and is always trying to become better and it shows.

When Hell freezes over, I'll play hockey there too.

Edited by - Gusteroni on 03/15/2010 14:26:13
Go to Top of Page

HawkinOilCountry
PickupHockey Pro

Canada
318 Posts

Posted - 03/15/2010 :  15:41:10  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
If Crosby can capitalize on Ovie's suspension then it's his to win. If not then I think Ovie will take it on the home stretch.

The arena wall in chicago should be credited with a goal.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page