Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Search
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?
 All Forums
 Hockey Forums
Allow Anonymous Posting forum... User Polls
 Western Playoffs Allow Anonymous Users Reply to This Topic...
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Sensfan101
PickupHockey Pro

Canada
500 Posts

Posted - 03/14/2010 :  06:26:47  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Poll Question:
Who will miss out on the Playoffs in the west?

Choices:

Calgary
Detroit
Nashville
All 3 will make it

Edited by - Sensfan101 on 03/14/2010 19:13:44

Alex116
PickupHockey Legend

6113 Posts

Posted - 03/14/2010 :  09:49:20  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Even though their in 7th right now, i chose Nashville. Really just a hunch more than anything but prob because every time i watch them, i wonder how they do as well as they do. They look like a team full of 2nd and 3rd liners! I mean, who'son their top line? Arnott? Erat? Sullivan? Dumont? Hornquist? They just all seem like they wouldn't play on any other teams top line, yet they're in the hunt for the playoffs.
Go to Top of Page

ryan93
PickupHockey Pro

Canada
996 Posts

Posted - 03/14/2010 :  10:01:48  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I would include Colorado on that list as well, i don't think they are home safe yet, they're only 5 points up on 9th place Calgary.

I honestly can't see Detroit missing it, especially now with them being relatively healthy & playing a lot better.

While you're right that Nashville don't have a true game breaker up front, they get scoring from their top 3 lines. They have 9 different players with at least 10 goals, and 5 with at least 40 points (Erat 42, Dumont 41, Arnott 40, Sullivan 40, Hornqvist 40). And i love their defense, in particular the top 3 of Shea Weber, Ryan Suter & Dan Hamhuis.
Go to Top of Page

Guest6840
( )

Posted - 03/14/2010 :  14:17:14  Reply with Quote
both Calgary and Nashville!
Go to Top of Page

Sensfan101
PickupHockey Pro

Canada
500 Posts

Posted - 03/14/2010 :  19:16:26  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by ryan93

I would include Colorado on that list as well, i don't think they are home safe yet, they're only 5 points up on 9th place Calgary.

I added an all 3 will make it option because the poll wouldn't really work with 4 teams

You miss 100 percent of the shots you don't take Wayne Gretzky
Go to Top of Page

irvine
PickupHockey Veteran

Canada
1315 Posts

Posted - 03/14/2010 :  19:20:22  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
If I had to decide, i'd say Nashville is the weakest team of the three. With a Detroit team getting healthy, they should be able to compete at a higher level the last few games than previous.

Calgary have added depth scoring, this should prove helpful in the hunt for the playoffs.

As for the Predators... they play a very team oriented game. They have some depth at defense, but I just don't see them as that much better than Detroit or Calgary. Of course, not being better at this point doesn't mean they won't get in. But I don't see them as strong, thus my votes goes to the Preds not making it.

Irvine/prez.
Go to Top of Page

Alex116
PickupHockey Legend

6113 Posts

Posted - 03/14/2010 :  22:52:02  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Ryan....i hear ya, and i don't mean to slight thiem in the least. It's obvious they must play well as a team without any true superstars or even what i'd consider top tier guys! That's just what i was saying. It amazes me that this team performs as well as it does!!!
Go to Top of Page

Nucks07
Top Prospect

Canada
45 Posts

Posted - 03/15/2010 :  13:55:20  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I dont think Calgary will make it in...I look at the games they have left and they got alot of tough teams to play SJ (2) Col (2) Chi, Van, Wash. Also since the trades in my opinion they arnt a better team. If they beat detriot tonight they have a shot but if detroit wins its season over for the flames.
Go to Top of Page

Guest6671
( )

Posted - 03/15/2010 :  18:58:39  Reply with Quote
Idk, Avalanche are actually a really decent team they have all the potentail to continue safely to the playoffs in my opinion. Especially the leadership factor in Foote and Hedjuk is great I would hope.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page