Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Search
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?
 All Forums
 Hockey Forums
Allow Anonymous Posting forum... Trades and Rumors
 tomas plekanec Allow Anonymous Users Reply to This Topic...
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Guest6894
( )

Posted - 04/09/2010 :  11:04:50  Reply with Quote
How mush is tomas Plekanec worth?
Some say he's worth 5 millions/year, but he's the habs second center, scott gomez being the first one. Scott gomez is paid 8.5 M/year, so he cant be traded. Should the habs pay as much for a second center? will Plekanec accept less to stay with the habs?

Fastkramer
Top Prospect

Canada
11 Posts

Posted - 04/14/2010 :  07:05:38  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
after that one year contract he was insulted with last year i might be thinking jump ship and cash in......
Go to Top of Page

Alex116
PickupHockey Legend

6113 Posts

Posted - 04/14/2010 :  08:13:09  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Fastkramer

after that one year contract he was insulted with last year i might be thinking jump ship and cash in......

2.75 for one year after 39 pts isn't what i'd call "insulting". I'd call it giving a guy an opportunity to prove his worth and that he'd just had an off year and prove his worth is exactly what Plekanec did!!!

I don't follow the Habs close enough to know for sure, but after coming off a 39 point season in a contract year last year, what kind of money would Plekanec expect? I'm guessing they mutually agreed on a 1 year deal to gauge his real worth. After putting up the numbers he did this year, they can both conclude it was an off year (the year before) and move forward and pay him his real worth, that is, if the Habs can afford to!

Can you imagine the Canadiens giving him 4+ mil for 5 years after a 39 pt season? There'd have been riots in the streets of Montreal!!! Now that he's earned it, look for him to sign for much more than he'd have gotten last summer!
Go to Top of Page

Guest4203
( )

Posted - 04/14/2010 :  08:45:37  Reply with Quote
Plekanec carried the Habs this season. He plays with heart and has an insane amount of talent. Definitely worth 5 millions a year. Btw Guest 6894, Plekanec is the first line center, with Kostitsyn and Cammalleri. Gomez is on the second line with Pouliot and Gionta.
Go to Top of Page

Guest4203
( )

Posted - 04/14/2010 :  08:47:01  Reply with Quote
*million
Go to Top of Page

MrBoogedy
Rookie

Canada
195 Posts

Posted - 04/14/2010 :  20:30:19  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Plecanec really wants to stay in Montreal as well, so there's always that to take into consideration, plus the new GM said he wants to resign all of his good players. They'll dump cap room if they need to in order to sign him.
Go to Top of Page

redneck76ca
Rookie

186 Posts

Posted - 04/15/2010 :  19:27:24  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by MrBoogedy

Plecanec really wants to stay in Montreal as well, so there's always that to take into consideration, plus the new GM said he wants to resign all of his good players. They'll dump cap room if they need to in order to sign him.

Pleky might see a similar contract as Ryan Kesler. Hopefully 500-750k less. $4.25-4.75 million a year.
Go to Top of Page

irvine
PickupHockey Veteran

Canada
1315 Posts

Posted - 04/15/2010 :  19:57:09  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
To me, he's in the range of $4-4.2 Mil per, as my #2 Center. Who can step in and play the #1 spot when needed.

However, if to keep him Montreal have to pay the $5Mil a la Kesler, then they have to. They can't afford to lose this guy.

Irvine/prez.
Go to Top of Page

redneck76ca
Rookie

186 Posts

Posted - 04/16/2010 :  01:09:45  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by irvine

To me, he's in the range of $4-4.2 Mil per, as my #2 Center. Who can step in and play the #1 spot when needed.

However, if to keep him Montreal have to pay the $5Mil a la Kesler, then they have to. They can't afford to lose this guy.

Irvine/prez.

He's not their #2 center though. That is Gomez and his 7.57 million cap hit. Someone should slap Sather in the face for offering this contract and then turn around and kick Gainey in the balls for trading for it.
Go to Top of Page

irvine
PickupHockey Veteran

Canada
1315 Posts

Posted - 04/16/2010 :  17:12:23  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Well, I believe Plekanec began as the #2 Center, or am I wrong?

And has stepped in, as I said, to play the #1 when needed. Which is right now.

But if Gionta, Gomez & Cammalari click again, I see Plekanec back at the #2 spot, where he began.

Irvine/prez.
Go to Top of Page

redneck76ca
Rookie

186 Posts

Posted - 04/17/2010 :  01:57:16  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by irvine

Well, I believe Plekanec began as the #2 Center, or am I wrong?

And has stepped in, as I said, to play the #1 when needed. Which is right now.

But if Gionta, Gomez & Cammalari click again, I see Plekanec back at the #2 spot, where he began.

Irvine/prez.

I just checked tsn.ca and Plekanec only averaged one second more of ice time over Gomez. Call them 1a and 1b then.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page