Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Search
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?
 All Forums
 Hockey Forums
Allow Anonymous Posting forum... User Polls
 GOAL scoring leader in 2010 Playoffs Allow Anonymous Users Reply to This Topic...
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

admin
Forum Admin

Canada
2337 Posts

Posted - 04/24/2010 :  12:32:07  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Poll Question:
Which player will end up the GOAL scoring leader in this 2010 playoffs?

Choices:

Wojtek Wolski (PHX)
Daniel Sedin (VAN)
Henrik Zetterberg (DET)
Nicklas Backstrom (WSH)
Mike Cammalleri (MTL)
Mikael Samuelsson (VAN)
Sidney Crosby (PIT)
Claude Giroux (PHI)
Evgeni Malkin (PIT)
Fredrik Modin (LAK)
Pavel Datsyuk (DET)
Alex Ovechkin (WSH)
Peter Regin (OTT)
Joe Pavelski (SJS)
Other (WHO?)

Guest9103
( )

Posted - 04/24/2010 :  12:41:11  Reply with Quote
My guess is that it'll be the winner of the Wsh-Pit series. I'd give half a vote to Crosby and half a vote to Ovechkin if I could...
Go to Top of Page

Guest6840
( )

Posted - 04/25/2010 :  10:42:59  Reply with Quote
it is GOAL scoring and Pittsburgh is going to be out first round
Go to Top of Page

Guest6840
( )

Posted - 04/25/2010 :  10:43:33  Reply with Quote
oops didn't log in and i just relized ottawa lost
Go to Top of Page

Guest9630
( )

Posted - 04/25/2010 :  13:00:10  Reply with Quote
Who is this Evgeni Maklin guy anyway?
Go to Top of Page

Guest4271
( )

Posted - 04/25/2010 :  13:39:12  Reply with Quote
henrik zetterberg all the way
Go to Top of Page

Guest0957
( )

Posted - 04/25/2010 :  18:07:28  Reply with Quote
samuelsson and the wonder twins all the way
Go to Top of Page

Guest2758
( )

Posted - 04/25/2010 :  19:01:38  Reply with Quote
Sens were suppose to win !All the refs falt f***KKK!!!!!!!
Go to Top of Page

Guest9452
( )

Posted - 04/25/2010 :  19:42:57  Reply with Quote
It will be either Crosby or Ovechkin. Depends on who makes it further
Go to Top of Page

Pittsburgh Wins Again
Top Prospect

2 Posts

Posted - 04/26/2010 :  05:02:24  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Wow some of you kids really have no idea what you are talking about. First i never new Washington and Pittsburgh were playing eachother considering Washington still needs to beat Montreal, and then Philadelphia and Pittsburgh needs to beat Boston/ Buffalo. (ADMIN EDIT - Content Removed)
Go to Top of Page

Guest4314
( )

Posted - 04/26/2010 :  05:30:53  Reply with Quote
Hmmm....

Van won't be in the finals so no Sedin's
Wash out next round...
so I think that leaves....Zetterberg,Crosby,Kane (oops, no chic players !)
Crosby only because I think they will win the cup..He is playing very well, He knows what winning the cup two times in a row means,could be the start of a dynasty here ?

GO HABS GO
Go to Top of Page

Gusteroni
Rookie

Canada
225 Posts

Posted - 04/26/2010 :  08:58:22  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I can't pick any one player from the west that I think could catch up to either Crosby or Ovie, so I have to choose between the afore mentioned players.

IMO Pittsburgh probably has the easier second round opponent if it ends up being Pens vs Bruins or Sabres and Caps vs Flyers.

I voted Crosby and personally I'd love to see Crosby vs Miller again and after that Crosby vs Ovie...epic playoff hockey is hopefully right around the corner, not that it hasn't already been one of the best first rounds in recent memory.

Although the Flyers have some key injuries right now they could put up quite a fight against Ovie and the Caps, and that is if the Caps get by the Canadiens of course. I feel the Flyers can effictively shut down Ovie therefore he won't score as much as Crosby in round two.

If Crosby and Ovie do meet in the Eastern Conference final I predict 8 goals, 10 assists Crosby and Ovie will have 5 goals, 7 assists.

When Hell freezes over, I'll play hockey there too.
Go to Top of Page

leigh

Canada
1755 Posts

Posted - 04/26/2010 :  11:00:02  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Well it would be pretty hard not to win this if your team didn't make the final. And it would be downright impossible to win it unless you team went deep into the semifinals so that likely rules out half of the list above.

So the winner has to come out of the final 4 teams. And they are in my opinion:
West - Detroit & Vancouver (I used to have Chicago in here but they look just too shaky - could be their youth)
East - Pittsburgh & Washington

So that leaves from the list above:
Vancouver
D. Sedin
Mikael Samuelsson (won't keep up the pace, so he's out)

Detroit (Zetterberg is the more proven goal scorer of the two and he's already up 3 goals on Datsyuk so I'll choose Z)
Henrik Zetterberg
Pavel Datsyuk

Pittsburgh (Either one of these two can be the goal scoring leader, but I'll tip my hat to Crosby for his 50 goal season this year)
Sidney Crosby
Evgeni Malkin

Washington
Nicklas Backstrom (If Washington goes deep then OV is a bigger scoring threat than Backstrom, so B's out)
Alex Ovechkin

So I end up with D. Sedin and H. Zetterberg in the West. And S. Crosby and A. Oveckin in the East. We're talking about goals here so I'd be a fool not to choose either Ovechkin or Crosby when facing these 4 options. Between the two Ovechkin is the more gifted goal scorer but rumours are abound that he is nursing an injury (and it shows a bit in round 1) Crosby is a proven playoff warrior and played like a man on fire this year...and he continues in the playoffs.

CROSBY - 2010 playoff goal scoring champ.
Go to Top of Page

Guest8867
( )

Posted - 04/26/2010 :  11:12:22  Reply with Quote
crosbys sucks he such a panzy but hes learning how to shoot from far out so he scores more than usual.
Go to Top of Page

leigh

Canada
1755 Posts

Posted - 04/26/2010 :  11:39:01  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Guest8867

crosbys sucks he such a panzy but hes learning how to shoot from far out so he scores more than usual.

I wouldn't exactly say that a captain of a Stanley Cup champion team sucks. The guy has more than a hundred point per season since he was 18 years old. Not really sucking. But anyway, that's not really the topic so let's stay focused.
Go to Top of Page

Pittsburgh Wins Again
Top Prospect

2 Posts

Posted - 04/26/2010 :  11:58:10  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
LEIGH SHUT YOUR MOUTH YOU KNOW NOTHING

(MODERATOR EDIT - hey I know you're new here so I'll give you the benefit of the doubt that you haven't had a chance to read the website's guidelines - although general politeness shouldn't have to be taught on a forum rules page - but regardless I'll offer you that chance now....

please go to this page and have a read of the forum rules - http://www.pickuphockey.com/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=2160 )

Edited by - leigh on 04/26/2010 15:54:10
Go to Top of Page

Guest3421
( )

Posted - 04/26/2010 :  13:29:14  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by leigh

Between the two Ovechkin is the more gifted goal scorer but rumours are abound that he is nursing an injury (and it shows a bit in round 1)

I have not heard, nor read, any report which suggests Ovechkin is hurt. Furthermore, being 4th in league scoring in the playoffs really doesn't show any sort of injury. I have been watching the Caps - habs series fathfully and have not seen Ovechkin nursing any sort of injury.

Where did you get this informtion Leigh?
Go to Top of Page

Guest9416
( )

Posted - 04/26/2010 :  14:01:32  Reply with Quote
phx is winning the cup> so woltek wolski
Go to Top of Page

leigh

Canada
1755 Posts

Posted - 04/26/2010 :  15:59:06  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Guest3421

quote:
Originally posted by leigh

Between the two Ovechkin is the more gifted goal scorer but rumours are abound that he is nursing an injury (and it shows a bit in round 1)

I have not heard, nor read, any report which suggests Ovechkin is hurt. Furthermore, being 4th in league scoring in the playoffs really doesn't show any sort of injury. I have been watching the Caps - habs series fathfully and have not seen Ovechkin nursing any sort of injury.

Where did you get this informtion Leigh?

Hey guest. I heard it on TSN in game one and two. And if you look at his hits in game 3 (zero I believe) it indicates that he may not be playing at 100% - considering that he usually tries to hit everything within 10 feet of himself. Not saying that it's not something he can't overcome, but I'm weary. didn't stop me from drafting him in my pool though! haha!
Go to Top of Page

Guest4210
( )

Posted - 04/26/2010 :  19:29:50  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Guest2758

Sens were suppose to win !All the refs falt f***KKK!!!!!!!

i agree pittsberg players are babies ottowa shouda won
Go to Top of Page

Guest4197
( )

Posted - 04/27/2010 :  09:22:07  Reply with Quote
I marvel at the sports fans that are posting here. They cannot spell, they are foul mouthed, and generally are so prejudiced in their choice of teams and players. Gee I always was taught that sport is supposed to correct all that. Anyway, the point is that the team that goes deepest into the series will have the most points. IF THAT TEAM has one of the high scorers on it of course they will win, BUT the point here is TEAM work, which means everyone pulling together and not individuals. Thus the winner will be someone not listed.
Go to Top of Page

Guest5814
( )

Posted - 04/27/2010 :  17:09:32  Reply with Quote
Leigh...I liked your breakdown of the topic...didn't agree mind you, but I can see your reasoning. So...

Phoenix wins tonight eliminating Detroit and any talk of Detroit players. SJ takes Phoenix next round but more attention will be paid to Pavelski cutting down his scoring and freeing up the HTM line. So SJ wins but Pavelski scores less. Scratch him from the list.

Vancouver takes Chicago. Lu is on a mission and looking for revenge...and although I'd take the Chicago blue line corps Van's offence is a bit better and I'd rather have a weak D and a strong goalie than vice versa. So two Canucks in the western final...and I think Mikael Samuelsson WILL continue scoring because of the two setup men feeding him the puck.

So my pick from the West is Samuelsson.

The East doesn't require much analysis.

Crosby.

And the winner is...

Mikael Samuelsson and the Canucks win their first Stanley Cup.

Go to Top of Page

irvine
PickupHockey Veteran

Canada
1315 Posts

Posted - 04/27/2010 :  17:43:28  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I also believe Samuelsson can continue producing, providing he continues playing with the Sedin Twins. I mean honestly, any one who plays with the Sedin's produce, or so it seems.

However, by playoffs end I can see Crosby leading the race. It's his to lose.

Irvine/prez.
Go to Top of Page

leigh

Canada
1755 Posts

Posted - 04/27/2010 :  21:21:59  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Guest5814

Leigh...I liked your breakdown of the topic...didn't agree mind you, but I can see your reasoning. So...

Phoenix wins tonight eliminating Detroit and any talk of Detroit players. SJ takes Phoenix next round but more attention will be paid to Pavelski cutting down his scoring and freeing up the HTM line. So SJ wins but Pavelski scores less. Scratch him from the list.

Vancouver takes Chicago. Lu is on a mission and looking for revenge...and although I'd take the Chicago blue line corps Van's offence is a bit better and I'd rather have a weak D and a strong goalie than vice versa. So two Canucks in the western final...and I think Mikael Samuelsson WILL continue scoring because of the two setup men feeding him the puck.

So my pick from the West is Samuelsson.

The East doesn't require much analysis.

Crosby.

And the winner is...

Mikael Samuelsson and the Canucks win their first Stanley Cup.

Nice analysis yourself Guest. But sadly the Yotes are out already. Care to make a change?

Seriously though I'd like to choose Samuelsson too but he's just not proven enough for my liking. He could well do it though; he's got the touch right now and you are right, he's got some serious set up men at his side. Still I'd bet on the East this year.
Go to Top of Page

Guest5814
( )

Posted - 04/27/2010 :  21:54:47  Reply with Quote
Did I say Phoenix? I meant Detroit loses to SJ etc.

It's starting to look like I'll need a Vancouver/Washington final to have a chance to win the pool...and more importantly bragging rights for a year at work.
Go to Top of Page

Nucks07
Top Prospect

Canada
45 Posts

Posted - 04/28/2010 :  12:23:39  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
If Samuelsson gets the most goals in the 2010 playoffs the Vancouver Canucks will win the stanley cup... So I vote for him
Go to Top of Page

Guest0435
( )

Posted - 04/29/2010 :  00:11:33  Reply with Quote
montreal will knock out washington i can see the future
Go to Top of Page

Guest0435
( )

Posted - 04/29/2010 :  00:13:07  Reply with Quote

HAHAHAHA SENS ARE OUR HAHAHA WASHINGTON IS OUT HAHAHAHA WOOOOOOO
Go to Top of Page

Guest8256
( )

Posted - 04/29/2010 :  06:07:58  Reply with Quote
Who ever created this poll seems to have forgotten to include a decent little team from Chicago! Remember them, semi finalists last year. They have a couple not bad players named Kane and Toews. Patrick Kane will win the goal scoring title as they obliterate the Canucks...hope Ovio enjoyus watching on TV...you suck Ovechkin!!!
Go to Top of Page

Guest2115
( )

Posted - 04/29/2010 :  08:59:11  Reply with Quote
Mike Cammalleri all the way
Go to Top of Page

admin
Forum Admin

Canada
2337 Posts

Posted - 04/29/2010 :  10:31:51  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Guest8256

Who ever created this poll seems to have forgotten to include a decent little team from Chicago! Remember them, semi finalists last year. They have a couple not bad players named Kane and Toews. Patrick Kane will win the goal scoring title as they obliterate the Canucks...hope Ovio enjoyus watching on TV...you suck Ovechkin!!!

It's a good point but actually they were not forgotten. At the time the poll was created, they were 5 goals back of the leader and the poll almost exclusively was made up of goal scorers who at the time had 3 to 7 goals each. That's why we put the "other" option in. (PS: the poll software only allows for 16 selection options and this poll could easily have had 25 player options) Cheers!
Go to Top of Page

Guest2708
( )

Posted - 04/29/2010 :  21:19:53  Reply with Quote
mats sundin
Go to Top of Page

MrBoogedy
Rookie

Canada
195 Posts

Posted - 04/29/2010 :  21:30:33  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Mike cammellari
Go to Top of Page

Guest4823
( )

Posted - 04/30/2010 :  10:11:51  Reply with Quote
hank all day effin way!!!!!
Go to Top of Page

Guest8256
( )

Posted - 05/12/2010 :  11:38:00  Reply with Quote
further to my last post about the "decent little team from Chicago"...here we are now with the Canucks polishing their golf clubs and Patrick Kane sitting second in goal scoring...just sayin.
Go to Top of Page

Pasty7
PickupHockey Veteran

Canada
2312 Posts

Posted - 05/12/2010 :  11:39:53  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Guest8256

further to my last post about the "decent little team from Chicago"...here we are now with the Canucks polishing their golf clubs and Patrick Kane sitting second in goal scoring...just sayin.

Mike Cammalleri is still in first though bud

Pasty
Go to Top of Page

Guest8256
( )

Posted - 05/12/2010 :  11:44:49  Reply with Quote
ooops....forgot about Camellari, he's playing lights out!...Kane will be past him soon though unless Montreal pulls off the massive upset tonight
Go to Top of Page

Gusteroni
Rookie

Canada
225 Posts

Posted - 05/13/2010 :  10:54:53  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hmmmm, only two players on this poll are still in the playoffs and it just so happens those two players are #1 and #2 in goals.

Cammy is so far leading the playoffs but I don't think the Habs get past the Flyers or the Bruins or at very least the goals are not going to come as easily. I'm not too sure if Pavelski is going to be able to keep up his production against the Hawks either.

If I could have another vote I would at this point probably have to give Toews the X in the box, this kid is just getting started. Does Toews now become Kid Canada seem as Crosby is out?

When Hell freezes over, I'll play hockey there too.
Go to Top of Page

freddyboy
Rookie

Canada
218 Posts

Posted - 06/09/2010 :  21:53:51  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
well it looks like Michael Cammalleri is league winner in goal in post season.... glad the habs have him for 4 years :)

joe is a god, if u dont agree....i dont care
Go to Top of Page

Pasty7
PickupHockey Veteran

Canada
2312 Posts

Posted - 06/10/2010 :  13:29:35  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
and 4 % of us got it right Mike Cammalleri

Pasty
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll