Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Search
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?
 All Forums
 Hockey Forums
Allow Anonymous Posting forum... User Polls
 2010 Stanley Cup Finals Winner Allow Anonymous Users Reply to This Topic...
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Sensfan101
PickupHockey Pro

Canada
500 Posts

Posted - 05/25/2010 :  12:49:56  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Poll Question:
Who will win the Stanley cup?

Choices:

Chicago
Philedalphia

Edited by - Beans15 on 05/25/2010 16:53:50

Guest4780
( )

Posted - 05/25/2010 :  12:57:20  Reply with Quote
Hawks in 5, i'd say 4, but Philly took a hard route to the final they might take 1.
Go to Top of Page

Leafs81
PickupHockey Pro

735 Posts

Posted - 05/25/2010 :  17:16:22  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
It's gonna be a tough series. They both have a lot of depth. Pretty much the same... But I think Chicago has a bit more skills. So I'll say Chicago in 6 or 7. But when you go player by player they almost have the same team.

Toews - Richards
Kane - Carter
Hossa - Brière
Sharp - Gagné
Byfuglien - Hartnell
Keith - Pronger
Niemi - Leighton

The core pretty much equals up. And they both have a good suporting cast with the likes of Bolland, Madden, Ladd, Giroux, Laperière, Asham
Go to Top of Page

The Duke
PickupHockey Veteran

Canada
1239 Posts

Posted - 05/25/2010 :  17:36:30  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
gonna be a very interesting series indeed
Phi Chi
>upper sized team againist a mid sized team
>average speed.........................high speed
>very good skill..........................execellent skill
>defensive style.........................more offensive style
goal-tending, flip a coin...maybe chi. slightly favored...MAYBE Chicago should take the series in 6 or 7 but you never know, the Flyers have a lot of heart led by richards and pronger
Go to Top of Page

Rambo2305
PickupHockey Pro

Canada
546 Posts

Posted - 05/26/2010 :  07:54:35  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
As much as I love the underdog stories, Blackhawks will take the cup in 5.

The Flyers big-4 won't be able to shut down the speed of the Blackhawks top 2 lines. Honestly though, the Hawks have too much depth.

The Madhouse on Madison will be a hell of a place to be...

"Pain heels, chicks dig scars, but glory...glory lasts forever"
Go to Top of Page

Axey
PickupHockey Pro

Canada
877 Posts

Posted - 05/26/2010 :  23:56:41  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Wow, do I ever regret predicting Philly in the finals before the year started.. who would've thought they would face my Habbies in the conference finals? *tear*

Anyways, I think both teams match up really well with one team a little faster and one team with in my opinion a little more heart.

My prediction is it will come down to which goalie stays with it, look for both the break down. With both teams banging and crashing whichever one battles through, will make the difference.
Go to Top of Page

irvine
PickupHockey Veteran

Canada
1315 Posts

Posted - 05/27/2010 :  01:47:02  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
To me, it's going to come down to which teams grinds it the hardest.

Both teams have exceptionally talented goal scorers, both teams have goaltenders around the same in skill and playoff experience.

But, which team will battle the hardest? To me, Philly have a slight advantage when it comes to battles/grinding. The Flyers are built on toughness and grit. It will be up to Chicago to use their slight speed advantage, to keep away from the slow grind of the Flyers.

If Philly can play their physical, in your face style of game, the Hawks may wear down. If the Flyers can not utilize their size, grit and tougness due to the Hawks moving the puck so quickly, or speeding down the wing, the Flyers will be in some trouble as they will have trouble keeping up in an up and down, end to end game.

Don't get me wrong, the Flyers have guys who can certainly play the up and down, back and forth speedy game, they just don't have as many as the Blackhawks do.

So to me, it's whichever team gets to play their style. Blackhawks up and down, speedy game, or Flyers in your face, gritty grind.

Irvine/prez.
Go to Top of Page

Deaner
Rookie

Canada
107 Posts

Posted - 05/27/2010 :  04:30:54  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Im gonna say Hawks in 6, Philly is a tough team but i think it is the year of the hawks...lets hope so for their sake because their young team will be different next year....
Go to Top of Page

n/a
deleted

4809 Posts

Posted - 05/27/2010 :  09:06:23  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I really don't get this "Chicago has more speed" argument. Clearly, many have forgotten that Briere, Gagne, Giroux, Leino, Richards, Carter, Hartnell . . . are all pretty speedy.

In toughness, both teams are matched pretty well.

On D, they also match up well.

In goal, they both have a hot goalie who is totally unproven and is in the playoffs for the first time.

For experience . . . Philly has maybe the slight edge that Pronger gives them, having been an integral part of his cup win. But then again, Hossa has been to the finals the last two seasons and here he is with a third team, for the third time.

I say Philly wins in maybe 7 exciting as hell games, and Hossa remains cupless.

"Take off, eh?" - Bob and Doug
Go to Top of Page

Alex116
PickupHockey Legend

6113 Posts

Posted - 05/28/2010 :  11:16:14  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I say Philly in 6 or 7. My mind says i'm crazy banking on Leighton to be a cup winning goalie but i look at the other end and what do i see? Niemi, who i've said since day 1 of the playoffs can't possibly win a cup?

Well, look at my predictions earlier and you'll see with the record i had after round 1, it's prob gonna be Chicago.

FTR, i'm rooting for Chicago as i can't stand Philly. Love a few of their players but can't stand the organization.
Go to Top of Page

Jumbo Joe Rocks
PickupHockey Pro

Canada
410 Posts

Posted - 05/28/2010 :  12:09:11  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Philly in 6,Niemi isnt this good he will slow down just like Halak.

RESIGN MARLEAU
Go to Top of Page

Pasty7
PickupHockey Veteran

Canada
2312 Posts

Posted - 05/28/2010 :  12:16:33  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Jumbo Joe Rocks

RESIGN MARLEAU

Halak didn't slow down the habs stopped scoring ,, they were shut out 3 times,, st patty himself can't win you a game 0-0

Pasty
Go to Top of Page

Deaner
Rookie

Canada
107 Posts

Posted - 05/28/2010 :  19:07:15  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
right about that, halak took them as far as he could which is way farther than anybody had imagined they just got shut down by the flyers which i thought was hilarious, I hope toews takes it down he is amazing and is killin it right now. GO HAWKS GO!!!
Go to Top of Page

Leafs81
PickupHockey Pro

735 Posts

Posted - 05/29/2010 :  09:12:03  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
If Chicago wins, Toronto becomes the team that hasn't won the cup the longest I believe :(

Go Philly...
Go to Top of Page

Deaner
Rookie

Canada
107 Posts

Posted - 05/29/2010 :  12:40:39  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
yea thats the only crap thing bout the hawks winnin but maybe it will light a fire underneath the leafs....
Go to Top of Page

admin
Forum Admin

Canada
2337 Posts

Posted - 05/29/2010 :  14:18:00  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Ok so the first game is tonight. The poll results currently stand at 76% Chicago and 26% Philly. Always interesting to see how things change after a game has been played.
Go to Top of Page

Guest6840
( )

Posted - 05/29/2010 :  15:33:13  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Pasty7

quote:
Originally posted by Jumbo Joe Rocks

RESIGN MARLEAU

Halak didn't slow down the habs stopped scoring ,, they were shut out 3 times,, st patty himself can't win you a game 0-0

Pasty

Halak didn't slow down i agree but he did start making Flukes. Philly in 7
Go to Top of Page

HawkinOilCountry
PickupHockey Pro

Canada
318 Posts

Posted - 06/09/2010 :  20:50:49  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
YEAH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Congrats Hawks!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

COngrats Toews!!!!!!!!!!!!!

GO CHICAGO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

.... Whew... time for more boozahol.

The arena wall in chicago should be credited with a goal.
Go to Top of Page

Alex116
PickupHockey Legend

6113 Posts

Posted - 06/09/2010 :  23:50:45  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Congrats to the Hawks and their fans! The long wait is over! Looks like us Nucks fans and those Leaf fans are next in line as far as droughts go?
Go to Top of Page

irvine
PickupHockey Veteran

Canada
1315 Posts

Posted - 06/10/2010 :  00:26:27  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
What a player that the Flyers picked up in Ville Leino. Leino is showing that he can be a valuable player in the NHL. Detroit's brass slacked a little in letting this guy go.

He is a playmaker, who protects the puck extremely well. He plays solid, two-way hockey most importantly.

He has learned well from Datsyuk & Zetterberg. He really does play their style of hockey.

The Flyers made a solid pick-up here.

--

As for Chicago, the better team truly won. Now the next battle begins for Chicago. They have a gifted core of young talent in place. But, at a heavy price. Can they make the room to re-sign/sign the depth needed for a repeat next year?

Irvine/prez.
Go to Top of Page

n/a
deleted

4809 Posts

Posted - 06/10/2010 :  05:09:01  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Agree wholeheartedly with you Irvine about Leino . . . he showed he has tons of skill. Also a gret playoffs for Giroux and Hartnell, who in the finals played like the top line (although admittedly Briere had a bit to do with that).

And congrats to Chicago and their long-suffering fans . . . thanks a lot for making the Leafs the longest standing losers. Yeah, thanks a bunch.

Will any of you young Chicago fans be alive to congratulate the Leafs on breaking their drought? Only time will tell . . .

Go to Top of Page

Alex116
PickupHockey Legend

6113 Posts

Posted - 06/10/2010 :  10:41:17  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by slozo

Agree wholeheartedly with you Irvine about Leino . . . he showed he has tons of skill. Also a gret playoffs for Giroux and Hartnell, who in the finals played like the top line (although admittedly Briere had a bit to do with that).

And congrats to Chicago and their long-suffering fans . . . thanks a lot for making the Leafs the longest standing losers. Yeah, thanks a bunch.

Will any of you young Chicago fans be alive to congratulate the Leafs on breaking their drought? Only time will tell . . .

Slozo, maybe before your time, but the Leafs have won! I'm feeling more sorry for myself....
Go to Top of Page

lyall
PickupHockey Pro

360 Posts

Posted - 06/10/2010 :  11:41:42  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Does any one know if Jonathan Toews is the first captain to hoist the cup on an entry level contract?
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page