Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Search
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?
 All Forums
 Hockey Forums
Allow Anonymous Posting forum... User Polls
 Round 3 Hawks vs Sharks Allow Anonymous Users Reply to This Topic...
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Jumbo Joe Rocks
PickupHockey Pro

Canada
410 Posts

Posted - 05/12/2010 :  05:11:58  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Poll Question:
who do you think will win the Hawks and Sharks series.

GO SHARKS GO

Choices:

Sharks
Hawks
Dont know

Edited by - willus3 on 05/17/2010 15:10:23

Jumbo Joe Rocks
PickupHockey Pro

Canada
410 Posts

Posted - 05/12/2010 :  05:13:51  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I think the Sharks will win in 6 they are more expierienced than all of Chicago's young players.

GO SHARKS GO
Go to Top of Page

Guest7469
( )

Posted - 05/12/2010 :  06:21:50  Reply with Quote
I wouldn't be so quick to play the experience card...

Chicago's been in round 3 just last year, so practically their whole team has the "playoff grind" experience. They have a guy that went to the final 2 years running...
Go to Top of Page

HawkinOilCountry
PickupHockey Pro

Canada
318 Posts

Posted - 05/12/2010 :  07:22:50  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Chicago has more recent playoff experience than the Sharks. Just thought I'd throw that out there.

San Jose is really going to have to play hard to keep up with Chicago and if Chicago is the hungrier team then the Sharks are going to get destroyed.

I'm going to give this series to Chicago in 6.

It's on like Donkey Kong!

The arena wall in chicago should be credited with a goal.
Go to Top of Page

Alex116
PickupHockey Legend

6113 Posts

Posted - 05/12/2010 :  07:59:07  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
This could be a fantastic series and if the Habs can knock off the Pens, the winner of this one will be a heavy favorite in the final!

I'm going with SJ in 7 with Nabokov being the difference. Then again, i thought Niemi would be the one to give the Canucks the edge and we all see how that turned out?
Go to Top of Page

nuxfan
PickupHockey All-Star

3670 Posts

Posted - 05/12/2010 :  10:18:09  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I think SJ will win this series - although Slozo will probably question the timing and bias of my prediction . Goaltending will be the difference. Also, SJ is a much bigger and mobile team than the Hawks have had to face this year - they will agitate Niemi like other teams have not.

SJ in 6
Go to Top of Page

Guest2223
( )

Posted - 05/12/2010 :  10:39:18  Reply with Quote
SJ will win in 6 or 7. They just beat the best in the west in 5 games. things are going their way and their a decade hungry. wilson, blake and clowe will tame buff-lin back to earth
Go to Top of Page

irvine
PickupHockey Veteran

Canada
1315 Posts

Posted - 05/12/2010 :  15:34:37  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
This series is hard for me to judge, and decide the winner.

It should be a tough battle for both teams. I don't see either running over the other. It will be a 6 or 7 game series, that I'm almost certain of.

If Nabokov can play at the top of his game, while the big three (and supporting cast) continue to play well as they did late in their last series, the Sharks could take this.

If not, Chicago will slide on by. Goaltending is going to be the difference in this series I believe. Niemi has to outplay Nabokov. Even though, Nabokov is the more proven goaltender.

Time will tell, but I say Goaltending wins this series.

Irvine/prez.
Go to Top of Page

FLYING -V
Top Prospect

69 Posts

Posted - 05/12/2010 :  17:33:07  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Despite picking Chicago to win the cup, I'm going to have to flip-flop over to the san jose bandwagon. I was blown away watching the Detroit series. The sharks are too big, too strong and too skilled for the hawks to deal with. I dont like either goalie though.

Its not worth winning if you cant win big!
Go to Top of Page

Guest4710
( )

Posted - 05/12/2010 :  18:27:02  Reply with Quote
no team will win im calling it now the world wil end in 2 days!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! u heard it hear first!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Go to Top of Page

irvine
PickupHockey Veteran

Canada
1315 Posts

Posted - 05/12/2010 :  18:47:35  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
The Sharks are skilled, no question Flying-V. But, I'd not count out Chicago just yet.

As I touched on earlier, I think it boils down to goaltending in this series. Both teams have the offensive firepower, both teams had a good defensive core (Chicago perhaps a little stronger?), but at the end of the day, goaltending will win or lose this series.

Nabokov is the better goaltender (in my opinion), based simply on experience. Niemi has played well. But, he's not proven to me yet that he is better than Nabokov. Of course, he's not had enough time to.

I do think the Sharks will take the series, but it's going to be very, very tough. I don't foresee an easy series.

Irvine/prez.
Go to Top of Page

n/a
deleted

4809 Posts

Posted - 05/13/2010 :  07:23:59  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
nuxfan - I don't question the timing or decision at all . . . in fact, I agree with it!

Sharks in 5, I say.

Chicago - Welcome to a REAL defence. Welcome to a REAL forecheck. Welcome to a COMPOSED team.

At this point in time, if things continue the way they have gone . . . I think the Sharks just might win the cup this year.

"Take off, eh?" - Bob and Doug
Go to Top of Page

HawkinOilCountry
PickupHockey Pro

Canada
318 Posts

Posted - 05/13/2010 :  07:35:18  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
While I am inclined to disagree loudly with the San Jose love-in I do want to say this:

At the time of this post there are 5 teams left in contention. Of those five I only actually thought two of them would get this far (San Jose and Chicago). I think any team from the east is going to have one hell of an up-hill battle to knock out the west's top seeds.

I would even go as far to stake my claim that no matter who wins this series, the Cup is coming west this year. And both of these teams are deserving.

No matter what the out come I am happy as hell to have this many new faces in the final rounds of the playoffs.

Good tourney so far boys! Keep it up!

Go to Top of Page

Alex116
PickupHockey Legend

6113 Posts

Posted - 05/13/2010 :  08:09:08  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
C'mon HawkinOilCountry, don't be shy, you can pick a winner! You can say it! You're gonna have to say it in Beans pool anyway so you may as well say it now!

Chicago in ________ (insert # games)

Go to Top of Page

HawkinOilCountry
PickupHockey Pro

Canada
318 Posts

Posted - 05/13/2010 :  08:25:55  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I did say it earlier Scroll up for.....

HAWKS IN 6!

Hawks vs Habs Final.
Cammaleri or Teows for Conn Smythe.
You heard it here first!

Go to Top of Page

Alex116
PickupHockey Legend

6113 Posts

Posted - 05/13/2010 :  08:50:23  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by HawkinOilCountry

I did say it earlier Scroll up for.....

HAWKS IN 6!

Hawks vs Habs Final.
Cammaleri or Teows for Conn Smythe.
You heard it here first!

Oops, missed that!

Any final now seems like it will be fun to watch seeing as there'll be some "new" blood in it! I really hope whoever comes outta the east can make a series out of it. I hate seeing the final be a sweep like we've seen a number of times in the past. I agree with the consensus that the east representative will be in tough against either of SJ or Chicago!

As for Conn Smythe, even if the Habs win it and things continue on as they have, could Cammalleri actually steal it from Halak? Has there ever been co-winners, cuz this could be a time for it! If it ended today, both would be very derserving!
Go to Top of Page

Guest4988
( )

Posted - 05/13/2010 :  19:27:52  Reply with Quote
Hawks in 6. By the way, Slozo, Chicago has already defeated a REAL defence. They beat Nashville who have three of the best defencemen in the league in Weber, Suter & Hamhuis. Also, Chicago beat San Jose this year 3 games to 1 and only finished 1 point behind the Sharks with 112 points. It's going to be a tough series, but I'm predicting Chicago will go all the way this year. GO HAWKS GO !!!
Go to Top of Page

n/a
deleted

4809 Posts

Posted - 05/14/2010 :  06:40:38  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Yes, the Hawks already did defeat a team with a real defence . . . barely. A team with one thirty goal scorer, and one 21 goal scorer . . . so basically, a team with solid defence and not much else. And Nashville seemed like they were in control of that series, but Chicago had the firepower to edge them out.

San Jose, on the other hand, has a real defence AND and awesome offence, with three scoring lines. So maybe I should have phrased it "a real defence on a complete team".

As we have seen - anything can and will happen, but I just think that San Jose has shown the composure under pressure and has the will to break through. As for the season series - I give little credence to those stats, and throw them out come playoff time.

"Take off, eh?" - Bob and Doug
Go to Top of Page

Guest4988
( )

Posted - 05/14/2010 :  14:36:06  Reply with Quote
Well Slozo, I respect your opinion, but I have to disagree with some of your comments. If you think that Chicago"barely" beat Nashville and that the Predators were "in control" of the series, then I can easily say that San Jose "barely" beat Colorado, who at times were in control of their series. Furthermore, Nashville got 100 points this year, so I think you should also give them a bit more credit. I admit that San Jose has three solid lines, but so does Chicago and a very solid 4th line centred by playoff veteran, John Madden, who knows how to win. Chicago's defence lead by Keith & Seabrook is as solid, if not better, than San Jose's group. The Sharks should have a slight edge in nets because of Nabakov's experience, but he has self-destructed in the past. Niemi just out-duelled Luongo against Vancouver. At any rate, it should be a great series between the Sharks & Hawks and either one will be a tough Western representative in the Stanley Cup Finals.
Go to Top of Page

HawkinOilCountry
PickupHockey Pro

Canada
318 Posts

Posted - 05/23/2010 :  14:55:25  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
And.... SWEEEEEEEEP!

Who saw that coming?

Go to Top of Page

Jumbo Joe Rocks
PickupHockey Pro

Canada
410 Posts

Posted - 05/23/2010 :  15:18:24  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I am very sad and dissapointed they didnt even win

PLEASE RESIGN NABBY AND PATTY
Go to Top of Page

irvine
PickupHockey Veteran

Canada
1315 Posts

Posted - 05/24/2010 :  01:25:06  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Wow, that is all I can say.

I mean, we all knew that the Blackhawks were a talented, well rounded team. Especially after the first two rounds of the Stanley Cup Playoffs.

But, i'm not so sure anyone predicted a series sweep (4-0) over the San Jose Sharks. I know I certainly didn't.

I figured if the Blackhawks did win, it'd be a hard fought battle between the two clubs. But, it turned out the Hawks just ran all over the Sharks.

I had picked the Sharks in 7. And after the first game, I knew I had made a mistake, by the way the Blackhawks had played.

But, I still did not foresee a sweep coming. The Sharks have a skilled, pretty well rounded team. And yet, they have flopped again. The Blackhawks showed just how much skill, speed and overall ability they have.

If it's Blackhawks VS Flyers, Finals. I'm going to guess it's one of the lower watched finals in quite some time. I know i'll be watching, as it should be an excellent, skillful series.

But, due to the two teams playing, can you see the average hockey fan watching? I'm not sure.

Irvine/prez.
Go to Top of Page

Guest4988
( )

Posted - 05/24/2010 :  09:46:54  Reply with Quote
I know that people may think that I'm lying here, but this is true, my 13 year old son actually predicted that the Hawks would sweep the Sharks. He made a bet with his buddy at school and his friend has to wear the Hawks jersey in class tomorrow. I personally predicted Chicago in 6. Way to go Hawks, you're continuing to show the rest of the non-believers what a great team you have.....just one more step to go. I hope somewhere along the way ( if they win the Cup this year ) , that their organization thanks both Dale Tallon for building this team and Denis Savard for starting to coach the puck-possession game that has made them so successful. Not to take anything away from Joel Quenneville as he has taken them to the next level and has done an outstanding job.
Go to Top of Page

HawkinOilCountry
PickupHockey Pro

Canada
318 Posts

Posted - 05/24/2010 :  10:02:22  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I had the Hawks winning in 6; which was an uncommon choice based on what people had been saying in the thread. Never would have predicted a sweep.

Toews for Conn Smythe!

Go to Top of Page

Beans15

Canada
8286 Posts

Posted - 05/24/2010 :  13:35:11  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Looks like the Sharks waited 2 round before doing their annual colapse! Take nothing way from Chicago, they really didn't make any mistakes and they deserved to win. None the less, the Sharks definitely didn't do a thing to try to put up a fight. Outside of Marleau and Boyle, the rest of the team was average to below average. Sadly, Nabokov disappeared at the worst time and Heatley (who is normally a big game performer) simply doesn't cut the mustard with 2 goals in his last 18 games.

The most disappointing part is that Boyle didn't get a point in the final 2 games meaning I am currently tied for 1st in my pool. I have everyone covered except for Hossa, and unless he matches his point total in the past 3 rounds in the final series, I split the 1st place money.

Cross your fingers!!
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page