Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Search
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?
 All Forums
 Hockey Forums
Allow Anonymous Posting forum... User Polls
 Original Six Final? Allow Anonymous Users Reply to This Topic...
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

admin
Forum Admin

Canada
2337 Posts

Posted - 05/15/2010 :  08:50:27  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Poll Question:
Will we see an original six matchup in the Stanley Cup finals between the Chicago Blackhawks and the Montreal Canadiens?

Choices:

Yes!
No!

HawkinOilCountry
PickupHockey Pro

Canada
318 Posts

Posted - 05/15/2010 :  09:10:17  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Yes we are!

We're also going to see the longest cup drought in the NHL end when Chicago takes it home!

The arena wall in chicago should be credited with a goal.
Go to Top of Page

Utemin
PickupHockey Pro

Canada
451 Posts

Posted - 05/15/2010 :  15:21:55  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
no way is Chicago making it to the finals. If SanJose could make it this far i can see them winning the Cup.
Go Habs

The Monkey is me
Go to Top of Page

redneck76ca
Rookie

186 Posts

Posted - 05/16/2010 :  01:22:01  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by admin

Will we see an original six matchup in the Stanley Cup finals between the Chicago Blackhawks and the Montreal Canadiens?

I voted no because it will be a Sharks vs Habs final. The Sharks will win in 5 when the Habs can't recover after playing 21 games to reach the final.
Go to Top of Page

Guest4503
( )

Posted - 05/16/2010 :  10:38:26  Reply with Quote
sharks have 5 guys roughly that score, chicago has 3 lines that consistantly do so. not to mention chicagos alot faster, while going toe to toe at the same time. they take the sharks in 6.
Go to Top of Page

Guest8629
( )

Posted - 05/17/2010 :  09:57:02  Reply with Quote
I believe that that blackhawks will eliminate the sharks in 5 if the hawks win their next game because if the sharks cant handle the hawks in the hp pavilion then they definatley will not beat the hawks at home noooo wayyyy in helllll!!!
Go to Top of Page

Guest1709
( )

Posted - 05/18/2010 :  11:24:45  Reply with Quote
Not a chance. No way is Montreal going to beat Philly... the Habs are overachieving with their small forwards and mostly slow defence. Halak may stand tall but it will not be enough this time.

Chicago will beat SJ... better balanced scoring, way more Canadian players and younger legs.
Go to Top of Page

Guest4339
( )

Posted - 05/18/2010 :  14:39:52  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Guest8629

I believe that that blackhawks will eliminate the sharks in 5 if the hawks win their next game because if the sharks cant handle the hawks in the hp pavilion then they definatley will not beat the hawks at home noooo wayyyy in helllll!!!

by your logic, that should be a sweep; it only goes to five if hawks lose one at home (assuming they win gm2).

Go to Top of Page

FLYING -V
Top Prospect

69 Posts

Posted - 05/18/2010 :  15:20:34  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Guest1709

Chicago will beat SJ... better balanced scoring, way more Canadian players and younger legs.

Way more canadians??? Might want to be checking your facts on that one buddy, aside from the goalies ( and really, who cares about them) the only san jose regulars who arent canadian are Pavelski and Murray.

The Blackhawks on the other hand, have Hossa,Byfuglien,Kane,Kopecky, Hjarmallson (excuse spelling) along with other non-canucks in their line up.

San Jose will win this series

Its not worth winning if you cant win big!
Go to Top of Page

Guest0105
( )

Posted - 05/18/2010 :  20:30:29  Reply with Quote
flying v - do you know that sopel was a canuck, and besides, the hawks have lots of BC connections. GO HAWKS GO!!!
Go to Top of Page

Guest1709
( )

Posted - 05/19/2010 :  06:07:30  Reply with Quote
"Way more canadians??? Might want to be checking your facts on that one buddy, aside from the goalies ( and really, who cares about them) the only san jose regulars who arent canadian are Pavelski and Murray."

You check, buddy. The Hawks have more on their active roster than the Sharks. And what about that game last night? Chicago goes in and takes two at the Shark Palace... yah, the Sharks will lose. Especially when they can not win at home!
Go to Top of Page

Utemin
PickupHockey Pro

Canada
451 Posts

Posted - 05/21/2010 :  16:39:16  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Guest4503

sharks have 5 guys roughly that score, chicago has 3 lines that consistantly do so. not to mention chicagos alot faster, while going toe to toe at the same time. they take the sharks in 6.

Chicago has Hossa, Tavwes(spealt wrong?), Sharp, Bolland that can score while some how Kane gets all these flukes in the net (hard to argue he doesn't) No playmakers also. While Sharks have Pavelski, Boyle, Heatley, Marleau. they also have a Playmaker Genius. Then Chicago fans are going to Argue Big Ugly Douche will stand in front of the net; Clowe does a better job then him. It will be a Close Race but Sanjose should win.
Offense Sanjose (Close win)
Defense Chicago (Land Slide)
Goalie Sanjose (Even Bigger Land Slide)
Toughness Sanjose (land slide)
Speed Chicago (Close win)
Overall Sanjose (Land Slide)
Though Chicago just won a Series that they should not have won because of bull **** reffing maybe that will happen again?

The Monkey is me
Go to Top of Page

Guest1709
( )

Posted - 05/22/2010 :  07:01:36  Reply with Quote
Utemin, do you still think the Sharks will win?

Chicago has better scoring than SJ. All of their 4 lines are potting goals while SJ is getting production from line #1 almost exclusively.
Overall, Chicago is WAY faster than San Jose.
Shows in the win column for this series.
Eat more bananas.
Go to Top of Page

irvine
PickupHockey Veteran

Canada
1315 Posts

Posted - 05/22/2010 :  15:13:40  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Well, I had picked San Jose in 7.

Things look mighty slim from that prediction. But, I won't go back on it. As, before the series began, I certainly thought that's how it would go.

Chicago are playing very well. And, I can now see them taking Lord Stanley.

But, it's certainly not over yet. I took the Flyers in 7 over Boston, and, as we all know things looked slim there after 3 games too. And after 4, 5, & 6.

Irvine/prez.
Go to Top of Page

Beans15

Canada
8286 Posts

Posted - 05/22/2010 :  15:36:06  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Honestly, I am at the point where I would rather be golfing than watching hockey.

However, if Dan Boyle gets one point in the next game, I could care less who wins or loses any more. Boyle getting a point wins my my hockey pool as I have everyone else covered outside of Byfuglien and Hossa and I have a 12+ point lead on both teams with those guys.

I actually flipped from the Champions League final today over to the Canadian's game. Within 10 minutes I flipped back to soccer because it was more exciting. I mean, 1 shot in a period??
Go to Top of Page

Guest1709
( )

Posted - 05/24/2010 :  06:36:35  Reply with Quote
Chicago 4 - San Jose 0... anything else you would like to add, Utemin?
Go to Top of Page

Guest9217
( )

Posted - 05/24/2010 :  07:05:26  Reply with Quote
Who thought San Jose was going to beat Chicago? They must be feeling a lot of shame now. Chicago is clearly the better team. I supose it was the refs fault the sharks lost.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page