Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Search
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?
 All Forums
 Hockey Forums
Allow Anonymous Posting forum... User Polls
 Best Skater In the playoffs, Allow Anonymous Users Reply to This Topic...
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Pasty7
PickupHockey Veteran

Canada
2312 Posts

Posted - 05/13/2010 :  11:09:05  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Poll Question:
Who has been the MVP of the playoffs thus far excluding goalies?

Pasty

Choices:

Mike Richards
Daniel Briere
Chris Pronger
Mark Recchi
Zdeno Chara
Patrick Kane
Johnathan Toews
Duncan Keith
Mike Cammalleri
Brain Gionta
Hal Gill
Joe Pavelski
Patrick Marleau
Dan Boyle
Other

Guest7886
( )

Posted - 05/13/2010 :  12:05:14  Reply with Quote
Out of those options, I think I'd go Cammalleri, Richards, Toews, Pavelski in order.
Go to Top of Page

Guest9423
( )

Posted - 05/13/2010 :  21:08:00  Reply with Quote
Wheres Crosby oh wait golfing
Go to Top of Page

irvine
PickupHockey Veteran

Canada
1315 Posts

Posted - 05/13/2010 :  21:34:03  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Excluding goaltenders?

Mike Cammellari, no contest for me. Followed by Joe Pavelski.

Irvine/prez.
Go to Top of Page

n/a
deleted

4809 Posts

Posted - 05/14/2010 :  06:47:50  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Very, very tough . . . and I would almost say that one might have to divide forwards and D. For me, the vote is split on SJ between Pavelski and Boyle, and for Philly between Richards and Pronger (who I think/hope will prevail tonight - see:hockey pool).

So, I guess I'd have to say Cammalleri . . . but if Philly wins and one of either Richards or Pronger is the first star/has a big game - the vote could change.

"Take off, eh?" - Bob and Doug
Go to Top of Page

Pasty7
PickupHockey Veteran

Canada
2312 Posts

Posted - 05/14/2010 :  07:28:59  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by slozo

Very, very tough . . . and I would almost say that one might have to divide forwards and D. For me, the vote is split on SJ between Pavelski and Boyle, and for Philly between Richards and Pronger (who I think/hope will prevail tonight - see:hockey pool).

So, I guess I'd have to say Cammalleri . . . but if Philly wins and one of either Richards or Pronger is the first star/has a big game - the vote could change.

Richards has been a beast matching up against Chara Physically which lets face it is not easy to do! The only reason i don't think its hands down Cammalleri is because he scores goals and puts up points,, that is his job thats what he does hes doing a hell of a good job at it but thats all he has to do for his team, Richards is counted on and toews too in so many other ways

Pasty
Go to Top of Page

Alex116
PickupHockey Legend

6113 Posts

Posted - 05/14/2010 :  08:26:03  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Pasty, don't be so humble for your beloved Cammalleri and the Habs! It's Mike Cammalleri in a landslide if i were voting! Not saying he'll keep it up and would be the winner at the end but it's hard for me to consider anyone else when considering the run this team is on and the scoring pace he's maintained thus far. Then, have a look at the two teams they just beat and how amazing that was! Maybe that shouldn't play into the voting but it's hard to overlook just how important his scoring has been when you're up against two dynamic offensive teams!

Yes, scoring is what is expected of Cammy but he's doing it above and beyond what anyone expected of him!
He'd get my vote for sure.
Go to Top of Page

n/a
deleted

4809 Posts

Posted - 05/14/2010 :  11:22:33  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
In one of the least watched series, Richards has indeed played amazing, as I have only missed one game of that series. But, Pronger has also really played well, and it's almost as if the complexion of the whole team changes when he gets on the ice . . . so it's really hard to put one above the other save for a big performance from one (but not both) tonight.

From the West, the teams are just a bit deeper, and although Toews and Pavelski are playing great, so are many others on their respective teams.

And then there's Montreal - Cinderella team if there ever was one. Beat the best team in the regular season and the beast of the NHL - check. Beat the defending champs and the probable MVP this year - check. And as great as Halak has been, they have only survived on their opportunistic scoring alongside of that . . . and Cammalleri leads everyone in the playoffs with 12 goals in 14 games, with an incredible .250 shooting percentage.

So I would say yeah - don't sell shorty short.

Go to Top of Page

Pasty7
PickupHockey Veteran

Canada
2312 Posts

Posted - 05/14/2010 :  12:03:08  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
i actually saw an interesting stat going into 6 six (Cammalleri had 3 less goals than he has now) he had 34.2 % of the canadiens goals as a team.

Pasty

Edited by - Pasty7 on 05/14/2010 12:28:01
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page