Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Search
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?
 All Forums
 Hockey Forums
Allow Anonymous Posting forum... User Polls
 Game 7 habs vs. pens Tix for 7$ Allow Anonymous Users Reply to This Topic...
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Pasty7
PickupHockey Veteran

Canada
2312 Posts

Posted - 05/11/2010 :  07:23:23  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
The bell center in montreal is selling tickets for game 7 habs vs. pens (the game is in pittsburg) 7$ gets You a seat to watch the game on the scoreboard at the bell center, this is a weird but ultimatly intelligent promo!

Pasty

freddyboy
Rookie

Canada
218 Posts

Posted - 05/11/2010 :  07:39:57  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
yea i know that is awsome, i wish i could go, but i have to freaking work in laval from 4pkm to midnight. luckyly they allow me to bring my fm radio to listen to it

joe is a god, if u dont agree....i dont care
Go to Top of Page

Alex116
PickupHockey Legend

6113 Posts

Posted - 05/11/2010 :  07:39:59  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Have they not done that before Pasty? It's been done here and many other cities for all sorts of sporting events in the past! If the screen is high quality, it's pretty a pretty good option!
Go to Top of Page

n/a
deleted

4809 Posts

Posted - 05/11/2010 :  07:41:36  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Not unprecedented though - I remember waaaaay back when (when dinosaurs were still in zoos ) , back in the Golden Age when the mighty Leafs still went to the playoffs - that in the second or third round, they did the same thing for Leaf fans to watch away game 7's . . . of which there might have been two or three in '93.

Never miss a chance to make money. Sorry, ahem - to please the fans.

"Take off, eh?" - Bob and Doug
Go to Top of Page

Pasty7
PickupHockey Veteran

Canada
2312 Posts

Posted - 05/11/2010 :  07:50:45  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Alex116

Have they not done that before Pasty? It's been done here and many other cities for all sorts of sporting events in the past! If the screen is high quality, it's pretty a pretty good option!

Honestly its the first i have herd of it at the bell center but i could be wrong (i am upon occasion) but the bell center has a great screen and its fairly big too i could see it being pretty good, im just curious as to how many seats they fill

Pasty
Go to Top of Page

Beans15

Canada
8286 Posts

Posted - 05/11/2010 :  20:56:57  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
They did the exact thing in Edmonton during their Cup Runm a few years back. For $5, you got a seat at Rexall for Game 7.

I think it's a pretty cool thing.
Go to Top of Page

Seventy7Fifty2
Top Prospect

69 Posts

Posted - 05/12/2010 :  07:44:15  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by slozo

Not unprecedented though - I remember waaaaay back when (when dinosaurs were still in zoos ) , back in the Golden Age when the mighty Leafs still went to the playoffs - that in the second or third round, they did the same thing for Leaf fans to watch away game 7's . . . of which there might have been two or three in '93.

Yes - $7 ticket includes up to 8 monitors (HUGE monitors, in HD)
Blocked-off surrounding streets
SAFE environment for families before and after the game
AND best of all:
Profits go to Children's Hospital

NOBODY beats Montreal for CLASS......

The only things you all responded with on this subject was either that someone has done it before, or that it's done for money....
Typical leaf-fan responses... as usual....
Go to Top of Page

Alex116
PickupHockey Legend

6113 Posts

Posted - 05/12/2010 :  08:05:08  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Seventy7Fifty2

AND best of all:

The only things you all responded with on this subject was either that someone has done it before, or that it's done for money....

Awww, man, just when you go and show up out of nowhere to write what was looking to be a great post, you have to throw THAT in there?
If it were followed by a j/k or even a , it'd have been so much better, but apparently you aren't kidding.....
Go to Top of Page

Matt_Roberts85
PickupHockey Pro

Canada
936 Posts

Posted - 05/12/2010 :  08:12:18  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:

quote:
Originally posted by slozo

AND best of all:

HAHAHAH! Typical Montreal arrogance!

Class? You idiots boo the s*** out of the american anthem on a yearly basis, you boo the crap out of your "next patrick roy", hell you guys ran patrick roy out of town! your fans paint their faces BLACK! trying to support Subban, but really just come off as completley racist!

You burn cop cars, destroy shops, and disgrace your city. Class? puhhhhhhhhlease. that was good for a laugh.

There is no "I" in team, but there is an "M" and an "E".
Go to Top of Page

impropriety
Top Prospect

Canada
78 Posts

Posted - 05/12/2010 :  12:21:04  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Winnipeg did it at the MTS Centre for the Olympic Gold Medal game. Proceeds went to charity, although I can't remember which one. It was really great - next best thing to watching a game in person because the crowd really gets into it.
Go to Top of Page

Guest7752
( )

Posted - 05/12/2010 :  13:18:38  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Alex116

quote:

AND best of all:

Awww, man, just when you go and show up out of nowhere to write what was looking to be a great post, you have to throw THAT in there?
If it were followed by a j/k or even a , it'd have been so much better, but apparently you aren't kidding.....

I AM just pushing buttons as usual, and apparently, i hit the right ones with mr roberts - i guess the pissed-off response comes from another leaf year with no playoffs and no hope in sight, other than burkey going after twin sisters that vancouver will eventually throw out
Go to Top of Page

Matt_Roberts85
PickupHockey Pro

Canada
936 Posts

Posted - 05/12/2010 :  13:44:35  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hah.

pissed off? not me. Like I said in my post, that was good for a laugh. I always find it funny when you try to rip on my kind every chance you get. I'll never let it slide, its just too much fun.

Im sure I didnt need to point out some of the things that makes Montreal not so classy, as most people already know these things, but I just thought Id let you know. Obviously, you had no clue.

There is no "I" in team, but there is an "M" and an "E".
Go to Top of Page

Pasty7
PickupHockey Veteran

Canada
2312 Posts

Posted - 05/13/2010 :  05:53:53  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Question for those who have seen this before,, has any rink ever sold out when there was no actual game being played at that rinK? because the habs fans sold out the bell center last night

Pasty
Go to Top of Page

Gusteroni
Rookie

Canada
225 Posts

Posted - 05/13/2010 :  08:59:58  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Not sure if there has ever been a sell out or not. I read that the scalpers were selling those tickets for $45 - $50 so they must have made some good money last night. Also remember there wasn't only Hab fans there...there were some Pens fans there too.

When Hell freezes over, I'll play hockey there too.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page