Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Search
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?
 All Forums
 Hockey Forums
Allow Anonymous Posting forum... User Polls
 3rd round- Canadiens Flyers Allow Anonymous Users Reply to This Topic...
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Guest6816
( )

Posted - 05/14/2010 :  20:29:08  Reply with Quote
Poll Question:
Who is goin to win the Montreal Canadiens Philidelphia Flyers series?

Choices:

Montreal
Philidelphia

HawkinOilCountry
PickupHockey Pro

Canada
318 Posts

Posted - 05/15/2010 :  09:08:37  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Here's the thing.

At the start of the Playoffs I had neither of these these guys coming out of the first round. I was wrong.

Neither of these teams knows how to quit. Neither team lets injuries bog them down. Neither of these teams is going to lay down and die for the other.

Whether it's over in 4 or 7 every win is going to be hard fought. These guys are warriors, and this series is going to be a war.

I give it to Montreal in 7... seems to be the way it's going this year

The arena wall in chicago should be credited with a goal.
Go to Top of Page

irvine
PickupHockey Veteran

Canada
1315 Posts

Posted - 05/15/2010 :  15:06:14  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Montreal are playing a well rounded game.

However, are they prepared for a team like the Flyers?

The Flyers play a defensive style of hockey, more so than the Pens and Caps. They also (and I believe, this is the biggest thing), play a very, very physical game.

Can Montreal keep up with the banging and crashing, toughness of the Flyers?

Montreal are small. It's not showed yet, only because the Pens and Caps don't play physical like the Flyers. Can MTL battle with the beast that can be the Flyers?

Irvine/prez.
Go to Top of Page

Beans15

Canada
8286 Posts

Posted - 05/15/2010 :  20:04:58  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Many reports have recently been speaking about Gainey's moves in the off season and specifically the knock against the smaller players he picked up. Most 'pundits' are saying that the size is not an issue.

The Flyers will be the litmus test. If any time the size issue comes into play, it will be against the Flyers comparatively to the Caps or Pens.

However,with very suspect goaltending in Philly may be the straw that breaks that Camels back.

I know I am not putting any money on this series without some serious odds. As there is no money on it, I take Philly. For no other reason than I don't want to see what will happen in the streets of Montreal if they win. It will be dangerous and a black mark on the City and the Team.

Plus, I have always felt as if Philly has had SO many close shots to win the Cup since the 70's, I just want to see them win it.
Go to Top of Page

irvine
PickupHockey Veteran

Canada
1315 Posts

Posted - 05/15/2010 :  21:07:35  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
@ Beans:

I will agree a little bit with the Flyers goaltending being somewhat suspect.

However,

Leighton played well for the Flyers. Fantastic? No. Well... yes.

And, since coming back from injury, Boucher has played very well for them. I don't think he has been tested much yet, but, if he plays how he did in the previous 1.5 games (or whatever it has been), the Habs will have some work to do. A strong D to get by, then good goaltending.

But, I'm not sold on the flyers netminders yet either.

Irvine/prez.
Go to Top of Page

redneck76ca
Rookie

186 Posts

Posted - 05/16/2010 :  01:30:52  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by irvine

@ Beans:

I will agree a little bit with the Flyers goaltending being somewhat suspect.

However,

Leighton played well for the Flyers. Fantastic? No. Well... yes.

And, since coming back from injury, Boucher has played very well for them. I don't think he has been tested much yet, but, if he plays how he did in the previous 1.5 games (or whatever it has been), the Habs will have some work to do. A strong D to get by, then good goaltending.

But, I'm not sold on the flyers netminders yet either.

Irvine/prez.

If they can beat Varlamov and Fleury, then I do not think that beating Leighton will be that much of a problem for the Habs (read:Camalleri and Gionta).

Size could be a factor in this series but the small Hab forwards are elusive and amazingly resilient. If Cammy and Gionta can continue to produce and the team contiues to buy in to the team defense mentality then I see the Habs squeaking out another series win in seven.

After all, RJ Umberger is no longer a Flyer.
Go to Top of Page

The Duke
PickupHockey Veteran

Canada
1239 Posts

Posted - 05/16/2010 :  18:07:16  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
flyers are off to a good start...hard to the net and screen halak is going to be key for the flyers. gotta love the flyer fans for singing ole ole ole ole for five mins. ....lol
Go to Top of Page

Pasty7
PickupHockey Veteran

Canada
2312 Posts

Posted - 05/16/2010 :  19:01:40  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
oops lets try and forget about that one!!! granted this is how the pens series startted

Pasty
Go to Top of Page

Axey
PickupHockey Pro

Canada
877 Posts

Posted - 05/17/2010 :  04:10:21  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Although you need to win 4 games to win the series, I think the Habs are gone in 4 or 5. Philly is way too good, and our forwards don't have a chance right now. I could have had a shutout last night for Philly, he had one decently hard shot to stop.

The only way the Habs win this is if MAB goes up to forward or sits of, Darche sits and SK plays(never gonna happen), O'Byrne plays(a huge D that will throw the body around with Philly).

Also with a little luck Pronger will be gone from that highstick he took.
Go to Top of Page

Odin
PickupHockey Pro

Canada
350 Posts

Posted - 05/17/2010 :  11:43:12  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Holy jumpin' Axey. They just took out the season leaders and the defending Stanley Cup champs,and you make the assertion that the FLYERS are too good?? Apparently they aren't even getting respect from their fans. I have a different take on this. Last nights game looked kind of like game 1 against the Pens, score wise. How did that series turn out? And here we go agian with the size thing. Don't you guys get tired of being proven wrong and wrong again? I know, I know, its the Flyers. They don't play the same game. Its all hockey people!
Go to Top of Page

Pasty7
PickupHockey Veteran

Canada
2312 Posts

Posted - 05/17/2010 :  12:14:09  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Odin

Holy jumpin' Axey. They just took out the season leaders and the defending Stanley Cup champs,and you make the assertion that the FLYERS are too good?? Apparently they aren't even getting respect from their fans. I have a different take on this. Last nights game looked kind of like game 1 against the Pens, score wise. How did that series turn out? And here we go agian with the size thing. Don't you guys get tired of being proven wrong and wrong again? I know, I know, its the Flyers. They don't play the same game. Its all hockey people!

i hope you're right odin but you know what i'll get my confidence back when i see cammalleri put in his 13th of the playoffs

Pasty
Go to Top of Page

Alex116
PickupHockey Legend

6113 Posts

Posted - 05/17/2010 :  14:12:59  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Personally i don't think that blowout will crush Montreal that much. They couldn't have played a worse game all around. It's one of those losses that's much easier to delete from your memory than a 1-0 OT loss!

Look for the Habs to play a much better game 2 and keep it close and perhaps even the series. It's gonna be tough to come back down 2-0 but these guys have done more than that!
Go to Top of Page

The Duke
PickupHockey Veteran

Canada
1239 Posts

Posted - 05/17/2010 :  14:42:01  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
of course mont. is going to play better..cant play any worse. habs are seeing ( for the 1st time in the playoffs ) a very defensive minded team.... wash. doesn`t have any defensive system what-so- ever...pitts. showed this year their not much better defensively, the loss of gill & r. scud was huge for them. flyers will crash and bang for the whole series..no pretty hockey. camm, gionta will see pronger 100 % of the time, unless they play over 30 mins. per game, no green / gonchar this time boys srry. better prepare for many bruises...
Go to Top of Page

Odin
PickupHockey Pro

Canada
350 Posts

Posted - 05/18/2010 :  09:21:14  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Well, considering that Gionta and Cammaleri play on different lines, did they clone Pronger or something? I don't see any other way that those two are going to see Pronger 100% of the time.
Go to Top of Page

Matt_Roberts85
PickupHockey Pro

Canada
936 Posts

Posted - 05/18/2010 :  13:49:28  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
If philly can shut down cammalerri they will win.
Has anybody scored more than 2 goals besides cammalleri and gionta? Moore maybe?

The habs arent getting enough secondary offence, cammalerri killed the caps and pens. Combine that with superb play by halak and you have your upsets. So, if philly can stop cammalleri from scoring I think the habs will be hard pressed to score enough goals in this series.

Thats a big IF though, considering how clutch Mike has been.

Ive doubted the habs many times this post season so far though, i guess i wouldnt be surprised to be proven wrong once again. Still, Scott Gomez? where are you? Besides taking stupid penalties. Tomas Plekanec? Forgot its a contract year you say?
Time to step up otherwise your going to have to rely on moore and lapierre....

There is no "I" in team, but there is an "M" and an "E".
Go to Top of Page

Alex116
PickupHockey Legend

6113 Posts

Posted - 05/18/2010 :  18:38:14  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Well, so far they've shut down Cammalleri AND the entire Habs team! Have to say, i didn't see that coming, at least not with Leighton in net?

They're beginning to look a lot like the Canucks as far as special teams go as their PP has dried up and the PK has been disasterous thus far. Gonna be tough to win 4 outta 5!
Go to Top of Page

freddyboy
Rookie

Canada
218 Posts

Posted - 05/18/2010 :  21:39:22  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Matt_Roberts85

If philly can shut down cammalerri they will win.
Has anybody scored more than 2 goals besides cammalleri and gionta? Moore maybe?

andrei kostytsin had a hat trick in game 2 vs washington, overshadowed by backstrom hat trick and ot win 6-5.

but i agree that gomez must stop taking penalty and plekanec is a bit invisible, he has some assists but not as a good ratio as in the regular season.

so far i give the credit to Philly for shutting down the entire team and Leighton is doing good too so if we can break Leighton, we can still win it!!!

joe is a god, if u dont agree....i dont care
Go to Top of Page

Porkchop73
PickupHockey Pro

640 Posts

Posted - 05/19/2010 :  03:09:12  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Oh no Habs fans - the Flyers have found the holes in Halak, and Camalleri has forgotten how to score.
Size is making a huge difference in this series. The hard checking Flyers have the Habs checking over their shoulders and making them hurry their plays.
I talked about luck in the 2nd round against the Pens, if the Habs do have any luck what so ever they look like they need it against the Flyers.
Slightly better effort by this time but no where near the determination they showed against the Caps and Pens. Looks like a different team out there.
Someone had pointed out earlier that the Habs beat two more talented teams only to meet up with a team with less talent but they do not match well against. This is ringing very true.
Go to Top of Page

Sensfan101
PickupHockey Pro

Canada
500 Posts

Posted - 05/19/2010 :  04:37:32  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
The main reason Montreal is losing is that they are outshooting Philedalphia. The Habas have a much better record when they are outshot.

You miss 100 percent of the shots you don't take Wayne Gretzky
Go to Top of Page

nuxfan
PickupHockey All-Star

3670 Posts

Posted - 05/19/2010 :  12:09:29  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I have to ask - is Leighton REALLY this good? Or is he just a mediocre goalie that is getting hot at the right time?
Go to Top of Page

Porkchop73
PickupHockey Pro

640 Posts

Posted - 05/19/2010 :  14:48:59  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by nuxfan

I have to ask - is Leighton REALLY this good? Or is he just a mediocre goalie that is getting hot at the right time?

Halak is exactly proof of what a average goaltender can do for a team when they get hot.
Leighton is your average goalie who has had a good couple of games.
Go to Top of Page

n/a
deleted

4809 Posts

Posted - 05/19/2010 :  19:26:35  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hold on there Porkchop (goodness that sounds ridiculous) . . . Halak is better than an "average goalie". C'mon now, he is a very good goalie, maybe just on the edge of top ten in the league.

And we don't know how good Leighton is, frankly - yeah, it could just be a hot streak, but he could be a great goalie for years to come - we just don't know yet. I am sure when Roy broke into the league and took the Habs to the cup all those years ago, many thought he'd be a flash in the pan . . . so I think you have to wait.

As for Thomas? Rask? pffffft . . . no thanks. I'd take Giggy over both.

"Take off, eh?" - Bob and Doug
Go to Top of Page

Beans15

Canada
8286 Posts

Posted - 05/19/2010 :  20:49:59  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Whoa, whoa. Hold on a Sec. Why is that cart before the horse??

Halak has barely 100 NHL regular season games and less than 20 playoff games. To say he is on the verge of elite is a little premature to say the least. I think he has at least 1 if not 2 full seasons and playoffs as the bonified starter of a team to be put anywhere near that catagory.

Reminds me of Huet a few years ago. Price a year ago. Theodore a few years ago. Raycroft a few years ago. The list can go on and on.

And "Giggy" over Rask??? I dunno about that. Maybe if I was going into the Finals today, but as a Leaf fans, losing Rask is one of my biggest regrets right now.
Go to Top of Page

nuxfan
PickupHockey All-Star

3670 Posts

Posted - 05/19/2010 :  21:04:52  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Slozo, Leighton has been in and out of the NHL for nearly a decade - mainly as a backup, a journeyman at best. Comparing his situation to Roy is not really accurate.

I compare him more to Anderson really - a backup goalie that hasn't stuck in the NHL for years as a starter, finally gets hot with the right team at the right time. We'll see where he ends up next year - I gotta think that Phili is going to go with him as their starter, with a veteran as a backup (Turco?).

Beans - Halak is just getting started, I think he'll end up being a top-15 starting goalie in the NHL by next season. If the Canadians let him get away next year as a RFA for Price, they'll be kicking themselves the same way the Leafs should be about Rask.
Go to Top of Page

Odin
PickupHockey Pro

Canada
350 Posts

Posted - 05/20/2010 :  09:05:10  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Well, they aren't going to let him get away as an RFA. They are going to qualify him, as well as Price. But Halak IS indeed a better than average goalie, of that there is no doubt. Not only what he has done for the Habs, but don't forget what he did in the Olympics against the worlds elite. As to top 10? I think that arguement can be made at THIS point in time. Long term? Who knows. This is very much a 'what have you done for me lately' position, and I don't think anybody can complain what Halak has done lately.
Go to Top of Page

Beans15

Canada
8286 Posts

Posted - 05/20/2010 :  11:16:02  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:

Well, they aren't going to let him get away as an RFA. They are going to qualify him, as well as Price. But Halak IS indeed a better than average goalie, of that there is no doubt. Not only what he has done for the Habs, but don't forget what he did in the Olympics against the worlds elite. As to top 10? I think that arguement can be made at THIS point in time. Long term? Who knows. This is very much a 'what have you done for me lately' position, and I don't think anybody can complain what Halak has done lately.

Maybe an arguement "at this point in time." However, I don't believe I am alone in that if I had my pick of goalies at the start of this season (or even the playoffs), Halak MIGHT be in the top 10.

I would have taken(in in many cases would still take) Brodeur, Luongo, Lunqvist, Backstrom, Nabokov, Vokoun, Kipprusoff, Bryzgalov, Miller, and Fleury over Halak.

One could make an argument that Halak was in the next group with the likes of Anderson, Quick, Mason, Hiller, Rinne, Rask, et al. And I don't think Halak is the cream of that crop either!!

How quickly we all look at recent events as what history was and future will be. We are talking about a keeper who has yet to be his teams legitimate #1 for an entire season as an elite(or near elite) NHL goalie??

Premature is the word that comes to mind.
Go to Top of Page

Alex116
PickupHockey Legend

6113 Posts

Posted - 05/21/2010 :  00:55:20  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Beans15
Maybe an arguement "at this point in time." However, I don't believe I am alone in that if I had my pick of goalies at the start of this season (or even the playoffs), Halak MIGHT be in the top 10.

I would have taken(in in many cases would still take) Brodeur, Luongo, Lunqvist, Backstrom, Nabokov, Vokoun, Kipprusoff, Bryzgalov, Miller, and Fleury over Halak.

One could make an argument that Halak was in the next group with the likes of Anderson, Quick, Mason, Hiller, Rinne, Rask, et al. And I don't think Halak is the cream of that crop either!!

Beans, if you're talking "the beginning of the season" or even the "start of the playoffs", Halak wouldn't be near my top 10! Of the fist 10 you listed, every one of them would be ahead of him in my mind. I haven't even given any time to think of others but from the others you listed, Rinne would be ahead for sure, Quick, Hiller and Anderson prob and Rask, like Halak, i'd have considered a gamble / Prospect!

NOW, might be a different story, but let's face it, Halak has surprised everyone and who knows if he can keep it up?
Go to Top of Page

Pasty7
PickupHockey Veteran

Canada
2312 Posts

Posted - 05/21/2010 :  05:34:18  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
well Cammalleri found the back of the net last night and i said it would take that for me to get my confidence back and well it's back!!!!!!

Pasty
Go to Top of Page

n/a
deleted

4809 Posts

Posted - 05/21/2010 :  06:41:33  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
3 1/2 seasons and a hundred games IS a very good sample size for a goalie, I'd argue, Beans. That certainly is good enough for me, especially considering that over the four seasons he's been in the NHL, he's had a save percentage of .906 or better (that was his rookie year).

His numbers:
56 wins, 34 losses, 7 OTL, on a middling team for the most part (yes, I am saying they greatly overachieved when they took the division during that time).
He has a .919 save percentage over those 101 games played, and 9 shutouts.

He has stolen two series this playoffs against two teams that were greatly favoured, most noteably Washington. He propelled the Slovak national team in the Olympics to a surprise 4th place finish, beating the Russians along the way.

Yes, it can be argued that he has never been the clear cut starter, and that once that happens for a full season, then we can talk . . . and that's a fair argument, I suppose. But all things being equal, for the last half of the season, he has been the de facto starter, and we can see that his play when it matters most - NHL playoffs and international tournaments - is excellent, if not superb.

So no, I don't think this is premature . . . like it was with Price, LeClaire, and Thomas, where after 1 very good season they were pronounced top ten.

Go to Top of Page

Pasty7
PickupHockey Veteran

Canada
2312 Posts

Posted - 05/21/2010 :  06:49:21  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by slozo

3 1/2 seasons and a hundred games IS a very good sample size for a goalie, I'd argue, Beans. That certainly is good enough for me, especially considering that over the four seasons he's been in the NHL, he's had a save percentage of .906 or better (that was his rookie year).

His numbers:
56 wins, 34 losses, 7 OTL, on a middling team for the most part (yes, I am saying they greatly overachieved when they took the division during that time).
He has a .919 save percentage over those 101 games played, and 9 shutouts.

He has stolen two series this playoffs against two teams that were greatly favoured, most noteably Washington. He propelled the Slovak national team in the Olympics to a surprise 4th place finish, beating the Russians along the way.

Yes, it can be argued that he has never been the clear cut starter, and that once that happens for a full season, then we can talk . . . and that's a fair argument, I suppose. But all things being equal, for the last half of the season, he has been the de facto starter, and we can see that his play when it matters most - NHL playoffs and international tournaments - is excellent, if not superb.

So no, I don't think this is premature . . . like it was with Price, LeClaire, and Thomas, where after 1 very good season they were pronounced top ten.

And to mention last night marks the first canadiens win in the playoffs where Halak was not one of the 3 star selectins and only the second time he was not the first star!

Pasty
Go to Top of Page

Odin
PickupHockey Pro

Canada
350 Posts

Posted - 05/21/2010 :  08:01:40  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Beans15

quote:

How quickly we all look at recent events as what history was and future will be. We are talking about a keeper who has yet to be his teams legitimate #1 for an entire season as an elite(or near elite) NHL goalie??

Premature is the word that comes to mind.

And you're very quickly dismissing what he has done. Further, make no mistake about this, he IS the bonafide #1 in Montreal. He will remain so until and if Price gets his head screwed on straight. Again, I have said I know it is early, but I look at what he did in the Olympics as well. I am not arguing your top 10 list, this is a very subjective conversation. But I do think he would slide VERY easily into that #11 position, as I do think is is the cream of your second crop..
Go to Top of Page

Beans15

Canada
8286 Posts

Posted - 05/21/2010 :  09:27:03  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Easily into #11?? I think you are drastically over inflating what he has done!!

Less than 100 NHL games, no FULL SEASON as a bonified #1 goalie, exactly 20 playoffs games and something like 6 Olympic games and you are ready to say 'easily' #11??

Not a chance. If that was the case, 2 years ago Ty Conklin was a top 10-15 goalie in the league. Last year, Steve Mason was a top 5 goalie in the league.

C'mon.

You want a perfect example?? Cristobal Huet. Remember how many people in Montreal were irrate at him leaving?? Remember how many Caps fans were up in arms when he was not signed long term?? Just 1 1/2 seasons later and he is riding the pines.

The goaltending position is very much a 'what have you done for me lately' position. But the very best in the league, the top 10-15 goalies, have been doing a lot for a very long time. Halak has done a lot for a VERY short time. Ultimately, Mid February to Late May of this year. That does not make him elite in my books at all and that is NOT dismissing what he has done. He has been the best goalie in the playoffs to this point. No doubt about it. But that does not make him one of the best in the league. Not a chance.
Go to Top of Page

irvine
PickupHockey Veteran

Canada
1315 Posts

Posted - 05/22/2010 :  19:48:43  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I certainly agree with Beans here, in that it's far too early to call Halak a top 10 NHL goaltender.

He has not proven on a consistent basis (over 3 years), that he can perform how has during these playoffs.

Is Jaroslav Halak a true NHL Goaltender? Most certainly. In fact, I believe personally, that Halak will be a #1 NHL Goaltender for years to come. I love Halak's style of play, his drive, determination and compete level. He is an NHL goaltender.

But, he's certainly not top 10 in the NHL right now. Could he be in 2-3 years, yes. He could surpass some goaltenders currently on my top 10 list, but as of now, he just has not proven himself enough yet, for a long period of time.

At this point, Halak deserves to be Montreal's starter. And if he's not going to be, they need to trade him to a team that he will be. Halak, to me, is a starter on about 12-15 NHL teams right now.

If he proves for the next two seasons, that he can play at the level he has this season and especially during these playoffs, he could be a starter eventually on 20-25 teams. (He has the potential at this point. But, he has to have that potential turn in to actually happening. And, for another 2-3 FULL seasons at the level he is now.)

Irvine/prez.

Edited by - irvine on 05/22/2010 19:51:39
Go to Top of Page

Porkchop73
PickupHockey Pro

640 Posts

Posted - 05/23/2010 :  05:59:28  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Funny thing in the game yesterday. All of the Flyers experiencing skate problems. Could someody in the Habs organization have pulled an oldtime trick ? Have to wonder if they did. A true desperation move by a desperate team.

As for the Halak arguement. He is an average NHL goalie. In fact he has battled with Price for each of his past seasons to be a starter for the Habs. He did not prove to anyone during the regular season to be nothing more then average. Having said that, he has been playing better then average in the playoffs and IMO surely has stated his claim to be the Habs true #1 starter.

Edited by - Porkchop73 on 05/23/2010 06:01:17
Go to Top of Page

Guest9668
( )

Posted - 05/23/2010 :  16:04:46  Reply with Quote
You are implying that the Habs somehow rigged Philly's skates to fail? How would this even be remotely possible. Also, why did they rig their own players (Gorges) skate to fail, leading to a Philly goal? Explain further please.
Go to Top of Page

Beans15

Canada
8286 Posts

Posted - 05/23/2010 :  20:33:38  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I read all about it in the Edmonton Sun this morning. There were rumors that there was sand on the walk way from the Philly dressing room to the ice. Apparently, Timonen said he never gets his skates sharpened through a game and he has his done 3 times. Richards had his done 5 time and also said he normally does not get his done through the game either.
Go to Top of Page

irvine
PickupHockey Veteran

Canada
1315 Posts

Posted - 05/23/2010 :  22:25:39  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Did this happen during the game the Flyers lost?

If so, sounds like some bad excuses.

As I recall, Montreal had a lot of skate problems themselves. Including one, that cost them a goal. I can't recall if they won/lost that game, most things from this week are a blurr.

Been a bad week.

Irvine/prez.
Go to Top of Page

Porkchop73
PickupHockey Pro

640 Posts

Posted - 05/24/2010 :  09:17:15  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by irvine

Did this happen during the game the Flyers lost?

If so, sounds like some bad excuses.

As I recall, Montreal had a lot of skate problems themselves. Including one, that cost them a goal. I can't recall if they won/lost that game, most things from this week are a blurr.

Been a bad week.

Irvine/prez.

Happened in game 4. 3-0 Flyers win.
I just found it funny because back in the day there would be things like that done during a series between heated rivalries like Boston and Montreal in the 70's.
Go to Top of Page

Matt_Roberts85
PickupHockey Pro

Canada
936 Posts

Posted - 05/25/2010 :  13:54:56  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
There was sand dumped in the hallway from the flyers dressing room to the ice. Pretty sad attempt by some fan/employee of the organization to help their team win.

Karma is a bitch and a 3-0 loss looked great on the Habs.

Nothing happened to georges skate, per say, it was his skate guard that came undone and rendered him to pylon status as giroux blew by him for a beauty goal.

How about Mike Richards? That man is an 'fn beast. He made M A Bergeron look like a pee wee player last night with a big hit on the penalty kill., moments before scoring a huge shorthanded goal. Anyone else notice MA Bergeron coast for an entire zone before trying to catch up? If he had of skated his ass off he would have been able to stop Richards, but instead, he just watched the car crash between hamrlik and halak.

Anyways, good luck to both teams in the final

There is no "I" in team, but there is an "M" and an "E".
Go to Top of Page

Alex116
PickupHockey Legend

6113 Posts

Posted - 05/26/2010 :  22:44:13  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Matt....you sound like a Leafs fan who has finally gotten the relief you were dying for, that being, the Habs getting eliminated?
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page