Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Search
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?
 All Forums
 Hockey Forums
Allow Anonymous Posting forum... Trash Talk
 Chris Pronger - love him or hate him? Allow Anonymous Users Reply to This Topic...
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Alex
PickupHockey All-Star

Canada
2816 Posts

Posted - 06/07/2010 :  08:01:14  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Chris Pronger has definitely provided some entertainment this Final. First the whole puck stealing scheme, the great soundbites in the media, getting all the non-calls from the ref, and just yesterday, after a poor -3 performance in Game 5 where his team went down in the series, all he had to say on Dustin Byufelign's performance was "well, I guess he's been well rested" (implying Buff was invisible in the rest of this series.)

So he's definitely sparked some controversy in the past week or so. Question is, love him or hate him?

Rambo2305
PickupHockey Pro

Canada
546 Posts

Posted - 06/07/2010 :  09:25:14  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Both lol

I was a huge Pronger fan back in the St. Louis days. Some legitimate Blues squads back then. Kinda fell off his band wagon in the Oil/Duck years. However, seeing him in Philly this year, definitely gotta love his relationship with the media.

One piece of advise for him, don't stir up a guy who handled your team in the last game. Only makes him wanna hit you harder in the next one Chris... lol
Go to Top of Page

HawkinOilCountry
PickupHockey Pro

Canada
318 Posts

Posted - 06/07/2010 :  09:27:09  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
A co-worker told me that Pronger has listed himself as Day to Day with hurt feelings...

Love him or hate him, that's some funny stuff!

GO HAWKS!

The arena wall in chicago should be credited with a goal.
Go to Top of Page

n/a
deleted

4809 Posts

Posted - 06/07/2010 :  10:01:07  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I used to really hate Pronger, and frankly, I am not a fan of his playing style . . . but I certainly have found him extremely entertaining this year. He has my hockey respect, for sure.

That's a funny line HawkinOilCountry, but it's probably more like "day to day with hurt pride". What I am saying is, Chicago better be prepared to get roughed up in game 6, they will get everything thrown at them, and I think Pronger will be a big part of it. Expect tight defence.

I think Pronger is simply trying to throw Chicago players off their game by inciting them to rage and annoyance, which could possibly lead to bad penalties and/or play. Byfuglien better wear an extra jock strap, kidney protectors, etc . . . anyways, I do think it has worked to some extent - but obviously not last night.

We'll see, but I think Pronger has another chapter to write in this series.

"Take off, eh?" - Bob and Doug
Go to Top of Page

polishexpress
PickupHockey Pro

525 Posts

Posted - 06/07/2010 :  11:29:39  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
As an Oiler fan, I have to admit that he is why they made their cup run in 06, without him, Roloson's heroics would have been a moot point.

I really don't like what he does in terms of toeing the line of fair play, but I have to admit, I would love to have him on my side instead of on the other.

One of the most effective d-men in the NHL overall.
Go to Top of Page

irvine
PickupHockey Veteran

Canada
1315 Posts

Posted - 06/07/2010 :  21:29:00  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I don't hate nor love Pronger.

I do however, find Pronger to be an extremely talented/smart hockey player. He plays his position very well, and is highly effective at what he does.

As for the 'media', he is a funny guy. He also has proven to me, to be a fairly well spoken individual. He's also hilarious at times.

He's just the type of guy that doesn't care what people think of him.

Irvine/prez.
Go to Top of Page

nuxfan
PickupHockey All-Star

3670 Posts

Posted - 06/07/2010 :  23:23:38  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Both lol

Ha Irvine, that pretty much sums it up. He's one of those players that you love when he's on your team and hate when he's not. He's been a huge force in this series - whether you like his playing style or not - and if the flyers should pull out the improbable would be hands down the playoff MVP.
Go to Top of Page

impropriety
Top Prospect

Canada
78 Posts

Posted - 06/08/2010 :  07:10:37  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Can't stand Pronger. Wouldn't want him back on the Oilers.

There are plenty of players that are good at what they do that I cheer against. Carcillo and Avery are two, Pronger is a third
Go to Top of Page

Jumbo Joe Rocks
PickupHockey Pro

Canada
410 Posts

Posted - 06/08/2010 :  10:46:19  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I hate him he is big ogre who takes dumb penalties.

RE-SIGN PATTY
Go to Top of Page

Guest5526
( )

Posted - 06/08/2010 :  13:52:51  Reply with Quote
Hate
Go to Top of Page

umteman
PickupHockey Pro

USA
662 Posts

Posted - 06/10/2010 :  14:39:28  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hey, did any of you see "Chrissy" Pronger? Lmao!

Did you hear about the retired proctologist? He spent 40 years saying "what's a place like this doing in a girl like you?"
Go to Top of Page

whereismykovalchuk
Top Prospect

Canada
19 Posts

Posted - 06/11/2010 :  09:45:00  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
no one is better as a shutdown dman than pronger. when it counts theres no one better to have on the backend and he did a pretty good job of shutting down jonathan toews didnt he?

bring back the franchise player or the team will leave like the last one
Go to Top of Page

Guest4178
( )

Posted - 06/11/2010 :  10:43:50  Reply with Quote
I would put Adam Burish down as someone who hates Pronger.

I'm sure most hockey fans have seen the Adam Burish interview (which took place right after the Hawks were awarded the Cup), but here it is just in case you missed it: http://www.hockeyplumber.com/2010/06/adam-burish-chris-pronger-is-biggest.html

Pronger says he doesn't care what people think of him, but I would rather be a Joe Sakic, Steve Yzerman, Nick Lidstrom, etc. Players who are classy on and off the ice!
Go to Top of Page

Ripley
PickupHockey Pro

USA
365 Posts

Posted - 06/11/2010 :  14:35:07  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Guest4178

I would put Adam Burish down as someone who hates Pronger.

I'm sure most hockey fans have seen the Adam Burish interview (which took place right after the Hawks were awarded the Cup), but here it is just in case you missed it: http://www.hockeyplumber.com/2010/06/adam-burish-chris-pronger-is-biggest.html

Pronger says he doesn't care what people think of him, but I would rather be a Joe Sakic, Steve Yzerman, Nick Lidstrom, etc. Players who are classy on and off the ice!

That report sounds like commentary from a serious Chicago fan, certainly not an unbiased opinion.

I don't particularly like Pronger much and I don't think much of Burish either but Burish's comments were unprofessional and childish - especially in the warm cradle of victory. Pretty poor.

On the flip side, that reporter is HOT! (who's childish now? haha!)
Go to Top of Page

whereismykovalchuk
Top Prospect

Canada
19 Posts

Posted - 06/11/2010 :  15:10:27  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
well lets be honest here if adam burish could be chris pronger he would jump at it, burish is a marginal nhler, who in his career would be lucky to ever even be heard from again. he wont ever earn as much as pronger did this year in his entire career. ANd who ever said he was classless hit the nail on the head.

bring back the franchise player or the team will leave like the last one
Go to Top of Page

Alex116
PickupHockey Legend

6113 Posts

Posted - 06/14/2010 :  13:03:45  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I'm still not a fan of Pronger, especially the way he plays, but even i'd agree that Burrish's comments lacked class and professionalism. Really unnecessary, especially at a time like that!
Go to Top of Page

n/a
deleted

4809 Posts

Posted - 06/15/2010 :  04:49:57  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
If you look up the Burrish comment on youtube, you'll also be led to Pronger's reply to the comment . . . it's a classic, and made me laugh out loud!

"Take off, eh?" - Bob and Doug
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page