Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Search
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?
 All Forums
 Hockey Forums
Allow Anonymous Posting forum... Trash Talk
 Who do you want your team to draft on draft day Allow Anonymous Users Reply to This Topic...
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Jumbo Joe Rocks
PickupHockey Pro

Canada
410 Posts

Posted - 06/09/2010 :  11:25:35  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
What player or players do you want your team to draft on draft day???

RE-SIGN PATTY

Jumbo Joe Rocks
PickupHockey Pro

Canada
410 Posts

Posted - 06/09/2010 :  11:27:49  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I want the Sharks to draft...
Tyler Tofffoli and Kirili Kabanov, If the Sharks get 2 first round draft picks.

RE-SIGN PATTY
Go to Top of Page

whereismykovalchuk
Top Prospect

Canada
19 Posts

Posted - 06/09/2010 :  14:22:59  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
brett connolly this kid is the real deal out in prince george and would have been close with hall and seguin if his hip would have held up not to mention how he would look playing alongside evander kane
if hes gone because his injuries werent enough to scare off other teams one of gudbranson gormley and fowler could fall to number eight i could hope at least right

bring back the franchise player or the team will leave like the last one
Go to Top of Page

HawkinOilCountry
PickupHockey Pro

Canada
318 Posts

Posted - 06/09/2010 :  14:41:20  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Oilers have to take Hall first overall, thats easy.

However, I heard somewhere that Boston is talking with Edmonton about flipping 1st round picks, so Edm would pick #2 and #17 and Boston would pick #1.

I doubt that would actually be the case but if I pretend that happened then I'd see edmonton picking Seguin and Niederreiter.

But like I said, I doubt Edmonton would pass up on Hall. As Beans said, you have to take the best you can get.

As for Chicago they're gonna be picking from scraps but the best on that end of the spectrum is liekly Pickard (G) or Pitlick (C). Neither of whom would go straight to the ice.

The arena wall in chicago should be credited with a goal.
Go to Top of Page

irvine
PickupHockey Veteran

Canada
1315 Posts

Posted - 06/09/2010 :  19:53:43  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
If I'm Edmonton, i'd consider swapping with Boston.

Especially if, Boston want Hall, and deep down, Edmonton really wants Seguin.

So, if it's going to play out to both teams favor anyhow, Edmonton mideswell add another NHL ready player or an extra pick, and still end up getting the player they want/need.

Boston want to guaruntee they get the guy they want. But, if Edmonton want the opposite player anyways, why not add an extra player/pick for essentially, nothing?

Irvine/prez.
Go to Top of Page

Alex116
PickupHockey Legend

6113 Posts

Posted - 06/09/2010 :  23:43:08  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Well said Irv....i've often wondered, in situations like this, does a team like the Bruins tell the Oilers who they actually want? And, do they know who the Oilers want? Is there some way they have a pretty good idea who's going where, at least in the case of the first few picks??
Go to Top of Page

irvine
PickupHockey Veteran

Canada
1315 Posts

Posted - 06/10/2010 :  00:19:03  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
@ Alex116:

If I'm Edmonton, I have Chiarelli (Bruins GM), tell me who he is drafting before I make the trade.

Chiarelli will tell the truth, as he's not going to burn bridges by doing the opposite of what he says. It would prove too costly down the road, when he wants to make his next move. He'd lose a lot of trust/respect around the league, by doing something like that. Especially, with Edmonton.

As for Edmonton, they'd not have to say a word about if they'd prefer Seguin. In fact, i'd act like I wanted Hall all along. Driving the price as high as I can, for the Bruins. The Bruins will have to pay more, if they think Edmonton is giving up something they really want.

Edmonton should do the deal, if Boston agree to draft Hall. Then Edmonton get Seguin @ #2 + a solid pick or prospect, while drafting the guy they need.

Meanwhile, Boston get the guy they want. But, had to give up a pick or prospect, to guaruntee they did.

(By the way -- I'm unsure who Boston really wants. If it's Hall or Seguin. I'm not sure at this point, who Edmonton wants either. I just used each player as an example, to each team.)

Irvine/prez.

Edited by - irvine on 06/10/2010 00:19:46
Go to Top of Page

Guest4271
( )

Posted - 06/10/2010 :  01:29:11  Reply with Quote
I'm a Bruins fan, either way I'm smiling, thanks to the Maple Buds, hey Burke who else you want to get rid of, we already got Rask for Raycroft............I know Burke didn't do the trade, but he is on clean up duty.
Go to Top of Page

Guest4004
( )

Posted - 06/10/2010 :  07:16:15  Reply with Quote
I Wouldnt mind seeing the avs take emerson etem or even big alex petrovic
Go to Top of Page

Guest4271
( )

Posted - 06/10/2010 :  09:51:00  Reply with Quote
I am a Bruins fan too. I believe they want Hall if for no other reason than they have three very good centers allready in Savard, Bergeron, and Krecji
Go to Top of Page

Alex116
PickupHockey Legend

6113 Posts

Posted - 06/10/2010 :  10:46:49  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Irv......thanks, i figured they'd share their thoughts on who they want. However, if Edm actually wants Seguin and is thinking of taking him first, i have to assume they'd lie at this point and say their taking Hall as long as they know Boston wants Hall? Either way, both teams are gonna get a nice player by the look of things!

I agree with the guest that Boston most certainly is after Hall. In giving up Kessel, they can replace him with Hall.
Go to Top of Page

Guest4803
( )

Posted - 06/10/2010 :  15:18:07  Reply with Quote
Edmonton needs a Center, Bruins will be looking for a winger, Edm takes Seguin Bruins take Hall..

I hope that mcilgrath is still availble when the canucks pick late in the first round.
Go to Top of Page

polishexpress
PickupHockey Pro

525 Posts

Posted - 06/12/2010 :  20:51:47  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
On a different thread, Beans15 said rightly that Edmonton should take the best player available, so I think that is what they should do, whether it be Hall or Seguin in their opinion.

Either way, I know as long as Kevin Lowe is somewhere in the shadows, Edm. will make the wrong move anyway.
Go to Top of Page

The Duke
PickupHockey Veteran

Canada
1239 Posts

Posted - 06/12/2010 :  21:06:46  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
hey guest 4271....dont be too happy yet, DON`T FORGET you LOST Phil Kessel. No-body seems to bring up this fact, amazing to me. All you hear is YEAHHH, bruins got TO`s first pick, who`s to say whom-ever they draft will ever be as good as Kessel ??? This kid is still only 22 !!! From what i`ve seen Kessel has 40 - 45 goal potential, do you know how many NHL players reach 40 - 45 goals ??? count them on 1 hand...yeah thats right. Seems to me boston went down hill since kessel left, maybe they wish they would have paid him the $$$. As for rask, yeah well J.Fergeson was a bonehaed, wasn`t his only dumb deal. Hopefully them days are gone and maybe kessel will SCORE 50 one day, then people will say that burke made a great deal.
Go to Top of Page

The Duke
PickupHockey Veteran

Canada
1239 Posts

Posted - 06/12/2010 :  21:14:59  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
of course beans is right polish...you take the best player available, PERIOD draft or trade. Thats why TO absolutely ROBBED Calgary while aquiring Dion Phaneuf. Players like Phaneuf are TOP 3 DRAFT PICK material, players like Stagen, White, Mayers, etc... can be gotten by means of FREE AGENCY every year, DIME a dozen. Steal for the Leafs.
Go to Top of Page

ryan93
PickupHockey Pro

Canada
996 Posts

Posted - 06/13/2010 :  05:36:30  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
The Rangers are picking 10th, and their biggest need is offense. I wouldn't mind seeing them take Nino Niederreiter if he's still available. The Hockey News has him rated to go 8th ovearall.

I'm also interested to see where Brandon Gormley ends up. He's from the same part of PEI as myself. I was kind of hoping he ends up in Dallas, would be neat to have 2 NHL players from the same small community (Murray River) playing together. Gormley actually used to be babysat by Brad Richards' family. The Stars don't pick until #11 though, and it's highly unlikely he'll still be available at that point.

Edited by - ryan93 on 06/13/2010 05:40:25
Go to Top of Page

Guest2762
( )

Posted - 06/13/2010 :  07:45:15  Reply with Quote
Make no mistake about the fact that missing Kessel for the year hurt Boston. They went from the highest scoring team to the lowest scoring team in one year. Perhaps more importantly, it hurt them even more in the playoffs. So if you want to keep score for the 2009\2010 season Toronto absolutely won this trade.

The payoff for Boston starts June 25 when in all likelyhood they get Hall or Seguin. Both top rated players in this years draft. I believe Kessel was a 5th overall pick, so fairly even at this point. The key to this trade I believe is the 2010\2011 season. If Toronto cant significantly improve this trade has the POTENTIAL to be very bad for the leafs.

Anyway to fairly compare this trade we will have to wait at least 4 or 5 years so there is no point saying Boston stole this or Toronto has the best player now ect.

On a side point Boston robbed Toronto for Tuukka Rask.
Go to Top of Page

irvine
PickupHockey Veteran

Canada
1315 Posts

Posted - 06/13/2010 :  11:18:00  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
@Ryan93:

Whoever drafts Nino Neidereitter are getting a very solid player. Nino is projected to be the highest ever drafted Swiss Player (If I recall correctly), and he's well worth it.

This kid lead the Swiss @ the World Juniors (last year played), and he drove Canada's top players crazy. He's a gritty, give it your all forward, who can produce, even without talented players along side him.

He's going to develop in to a well rounded, NHL forward.

I wish OTT could get him.

Irvine/prez.
Go to Top of Page

Guest5954
( )

Posted - 06/14/2010 :  16:59:07  Reply with Quote
trade the 1rst pick to boston and then get a s*** load from boston use that and penner to get a top 10 pick
Go to Top of Page

Guest4803
( )

Posted - 06/14/2010 :  18:17:53  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Guest5954

trade the 1rst pick to boston and then get a s*** load from boston use that and penner to get a top 10 pick

what are you on? if the bruins move up to the first pick overall they are going to have to give up the 2nd overall pick for sure plus probably there 2nd pick in the first round or someone like thomas, so no matter what the oilers will be getting the first or second pick overall.
Go to Top of Page

Guest4271
( )

Posted - 06/16/2010 :  10:37:08  Reply with Quote
I would love for the Bruins to get Hall with the second pick and Nino Neidereitter with their 15th pick. That would be my ideal draft and a real possible senario.
Go to Top of Page

Sensfan101
PickupHockey Pro

Canada
500 Posts

Posted - 06/21/2010 :  12:54:54  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Probable scenario
draft John Mcfarland at number 16

Dream scenario
Trade Spezza Campoli and first round pick to Edmonton for their first round pick trade that to Boston for both of their first round picks then draft Seguin at number 2 and Vladimir Tarasenko at number 15. Then trade the rights to Anton Volchenkov and a 3rd round pick to Washington for their 30th overall pick and us it to draft Tyler Tiffoli

You miss 100 percent of the shots you don't take Wayne Gretzky
Go to Top of Page

n/a
deleted

4809 Posts

Posted - 06/22/2010 :  05:22:55  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Sensfan - you made me smile this morning, and that is very difficult for a Sens fan to do . . . lol

Very inventive dream scenario, I like the way you thought this out, kudos.

For the Leafs, I can't even imagine a "potential scenario", as I think there are many opportunities out there for the Leafs to make a trade for a first round draft pick, namely Kaberle. In fact, I give it about a 50% chance that Kaberle is traded in this way, which means potentially the Leafs have a first rounder somewhere in the middle . . .

So to say 'who I want on draft day', means, I have to guess who the Leafs might deal with to see the draft pick. I'll take a wild stab at it, and say that Burke really targets Brett Connolly, and trades Kaberle to the Islanders for their first round pick (5th pick) and a minor prospect to get him.

This is not too far off from my dream scenario . . . where I'd have Burke trade Kaberle straight up for Florida's 3rd pick. And who knows, Burke might even do that and still pick Connolly at #3, as the other top two projected picks are defencemen, always more of a gamble in the draft, and the Leafs needs talented forwards.

"Take off, eh?" - Bob and Doug
Go to Top of Page

Deaner
Rookie

Canada
107 Posts

Posted - 06/22/2010 :  11:56:53  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
slozo your dream draft is pretty good man. i could appreciate kaberle being traded for the third overall pick. especially if it is connolly....hell while you're at it throw in jeff finger.
Go to Top of Page

Jumbo Joe Rocks
PickupHockey Pro

Canada
410 Posts

Posted - 06/23/2010 :  04:34:02  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Doug Wilson is after the 3rd overall pick he is very interested in Erik Gudbranson.but I want the Sharks to draft
TYLER TOFFOLI, Although I want Gudbranson the most.

GO SHARKS GO
Go to Top of Page

Sensfan101
PickupHockey Pro

Canada
500 Posts

Posted - 06/23/2010 :  09:25:15  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I have watched Tiffoli play in Ottawa he is a very good goal scorer if the Sharks get him they are getting a great player

You miss 100 percent of the shots you don't take Wayne Gretzky
Go to Top of Page

Guest6013
( )

Posted - 06/23/2010 :  09:31:29  Reply with Quote
if the leafs get a mid round pick they should take jeff skinner he is easily the purest scorer in this draft (scored mor goals in the ohl this season than both hall and seguin) hes been compared to mike richards who also use to play on the rangers
Go to Top of Page

FLYING -V
Top Prospect

69 Posts

Posted - 06/25/2010 :  21:59:43  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Ducks got fowler! Woot, woot!

Its not worth winning if you cant win big!
Go to Top of Page

Alex116
PickupHockey Legend

6113 Posts

Posted - 06/25/2010 :  22:24:41  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
FLYING - V .....

An absolute steal at #12! This guy, at one point, was said to be a possible top 3! Not sure exactly why he fell so far but he could come back to haunt a few teams down the road! I think the Ducks did well to get Etem as late as they did as well. So far, a pretty good draft for the ducks!

I think Phoenix was salivating after the 11th pick when they realized they'd get either Fowler or Gormley. Getting Gormley after the Ducks took Fowler is pretty much just as much of a steal!

Very interesting to see the picks play out compared to the rankings!
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page