Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Search
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?
 All Forums
 Hockey Forums
Allow Anonymous Posting forum... Trash Talk
 Do you hate the Maple Leafs Allow Anonymous Users Reply to This Topic...
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 6

Canucks Man
PickupHockey Veteran

Canada
1547 Posts

Posted - 01/16/2007 :  11:00:15  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Poll Question:
Do You hate the Leafs and Why?

Choices:

Yes
No
Don''t care about the leafs

Canucks Man
PickupHockey Veteran

Canada
1547 Posts

Posted - 01/16/2007 :  11:02:49  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hey guys I really don't like the Leafs. I find them boring and I am tired of hearing about them all the time. Let me no what you guys think.
Go to Top of Page

canada19
Top Prospect

Canada
11 Posts

Posted - 01/16/2007 :  11:28:11  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
the leafs are a great canadian storied franchise
again, its bcause of the toronto media that i think a lot of ppl hate them, but it shouldnt be that way, they're a great franchise with a great history
Go to Top of Page

Mikhailova
PickupHockey All-Star

USA
2918 Posts

Posted - 01/16/2007 :  12:35:26  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Yes I hate the Leafs. Hearing about them is getting old and they really suck this year. JFJ can't do anything right and they are in major need of better players (with the exception of Sundin).
Go to Top of Page

Guest9133
( )

Posted - 01/16/2007 :  12:40:28  Reply with Quote
A great storied franchise??......they havent won a cup since 67 so I guess the great story stopped there.....they are a bunch of bad cry baby players and when you look at their roster its no wonder they haven't won a cup in 40 years. I do like John ferguson Jr tho because he keeps the leafs sucking year after year.
Go to Top of Page

ryschevy1
Rookie

Canada
186 Posts

Posted - 01/16/2007 :  14:53:16  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I reall couldn't care less if they were there or not. Check out my post on the Toronto section of the forum under the poll "if you were the leafs GM what would you do??" Read that and you'll see how much I care!!

GO OIL!!! YA!!!
Go to Top of Page

I HATE CROSBY
PickupHockey Pro

Canada
538 Posts

Posted - 01/16/2007 :  15:22:58  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
First off, the leafs don't suck this year!!!!!!!!! They are a little inconsistent, but with the coach they got, they aren't gonna get blown out too often. I don't get why anyone would hate the leafs.......I think it's a jealousy issue. ppl from redneck cities are bitter b/c Toronto is the most "up to date" town in this country...here in Vancouver, ppl are just jealous b/c they think they desreve as much attention as Toronto...And they all take it out on the leafs...Why would anyone hate that team....They are a bunch of hardworking, nice guys. I can see why some ppl wouldn't like Tucker. But other than him, who is there to hate?

I HATE CROSBY
Go to Top of Page

ryschevy1
Rookie

Canada
186 Posts

Posted - 01/16/2007 :  16:51:06  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Define "up to date" there Mr. IHC. You sure think your S@#t don't stink just cuz you like the leafs and live in Van. Take some time to explore the rest of your country before you go passing judgement. You wouldn't last 5 minutes in one of these "Redneck" towns with that kind of attitude. I'm starting to see why these 2 cities are hated so much with your view that everyone else is sub-standard!!! Keep crossing that line my friend and you'll be getting all the respect you deserve!!!

GO OIL!!! YA!!!
Go to Top of Page

I HATE CROSBY
PickupHockey Pro

Canada
538 Posts

Posted - 01/16/2007 :  17:37:58  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
hahahahaha.....give me one good reason why I'd have to set foot in some redneck town and maybe you'll have a point........I don't want to be a logger so.......

(I'm kinda hyperbolizing but you catch my drift)

Typical oiler fan right there, the epitome of a hillbilly...Man, i am thinking about retracting my "canucks fans are jokes" claim. Day by day, I start to think those Albertans need to step into the 21st century (I mean, most of you still jerk off over teams from the 80's)

I HATE CROSBY
Go to Top of Page

ryschevy1
Rookie

Canada
186 Posts

Posted - 01/17/2007 :  08:08:17  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
IHC you still didn't define "up to date". What do you mean by that? If you're gonna talk big why don't you ever back it up when someone calls you on it?

GO OIL!!! YA!!!
Go to Top of Page

Beans15

Canada
8286 Posts

Posted - 01/17/2007 :  10:23:10  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hey IHC, I appreciate your comment that us Albertans still "jerk off" over teams from the 80's. Well, both of our teams have been to the finals in the 21st century. Also, when you consider you jerk a team that has not won a cup since 1967?? Have they made the finals in the past 30 years?? Who's the one that needs to step into the 21st century??
Go to Top of Page

Canucks Man
PickupHockey Veteran

Canada
1547 Posts

Posted - 01/17/2007 :  10:32:08  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
IHC do you think up to date city means most american like? How can u call places "redneck" citys when u obviously havnt been there. also at least the alberta teams did something in last 39 years.
Go to Top of Page

canada19
Top Prospect

Canada
11 Posts

Posted - 01/17/2007 :  10:52:45  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
For guest 9133
well the fact that the leafs hacnt won since 67 doesnt really take away from their storied franchise, and it certainly doesnt give anyone a reason to hate them. O ya, next time anyone hears of a team coming back from 3-0 down in the stanley cup finals tell me cause i believe the leafs are the only one in that catagory.
Go to Top of Page

NAFFAEL
Top Prospect

Canada
14 Posts

Posted - 01/17/2007 :  13:43:51  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by canada19

For guest 9133
well the fact that the leafs hacnt won since 67 doesnt really take away from their storied franchise, and it certainly doesnt give anyone a reason to hate them. O ya, next time anyone hears of a team coming back from 3-0 down in the stanley cup finals tell me cause i believe the leafs are the only one in that catagory.

I do like the Leafs and that was a great accomplishment that they came back from being down 3-0 in 1942 but it was also done by the 1975 Islanders
Go to Top of Page

Canucks Man
PickupHockey Veteran

Canada
1547 Posts

Posted - 01/17/2007 :  19:24:27  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
For NAFFAEL
The New York Islanders didnt win the Stanley Cup in 1975 the Philadelphia Flyers did and what canada19 was saying was that they came back in the stanley cup finals.
Go to Top of Page

Novie
PickupHockey Pro

Canada
452 Posts

Posted - 01/18/2007 :  14:56:45  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by I HATE CROSBY

First off, the leafs don't suck this year!!!!!!!!! They are a little inconsistent, but with the coach they got, they aren't gonna get blown out too often.

Let's start by defining "blowout". I'd say it's a loss by 4 goals or more...so:

Tues Oct 24 - Sens 6, Leafs 2
Thurs Oct 26 - Sens 7, Leafs 2
Thurs Nov 30 - Thrashers 5, Leafs 0
Sat Nov 9 - Wings 5, Leafs 1
Tues Nov 19 - Panthers 7, Leafs 3
Sat Jan 13 - Canucks 6, Leafs 1

6 out of 47: 13% of the time. I would call that often enough

And a nice little season-high FOUR game win streak in early November (with games against Boston and Philly, so it really doesn't count)

quote:
I don't get why anyone would hate the leafs.......I think it's a jealousy issue. ppl from redneck cities are bitter b/c Toronto is the most "up to date" town in this country...

I'll pile on here by saying you really need to define "up to date". If you mean the men carry purses around, and are proud of it, then yes, T.O. is very UP TO DATE.

Toronto, or as I like to call it; 'America North', needs to relax. If you've ever been to Calgary (aside from Stampede Week), I doubt you would call it redneck...now some of the towns 'around' Calgary...yeah, I'll let that one slide!

quote:
here in Vancouver, ppl are just jealous b/c they think they desreve as much attention as Toronto...And they all take it out on the leafs...Why would anyone hate that team....They are a bunch of hardworking, nice guys. I can see why some ppl wouldn't like Tucker. But other than him, who is there to hate?

1) About 25% of the people in Vancouver are 2nd Generation Canadian or more, so I don't know why they would be jealous of Toronto...they would have just moved there in the first place if it is so great.

2) I'm glad you know the team so well that you can say they're so nice and gentleman-ly...and if you say Nik Antropov is hardworking once more, I'll shatter my computer and never be able to come to this forum ever again.

...this is just the beginning...I can see it!

PS - I will give you credit though, the website is pretty sweet, other than the fact I have to see more of Mats Sundin than if I had just gone to IKEA

Go Sens
Crosby is God
Tucker is a douche

Edited by - Novie on 01/18/2007 15:01:04
Go to Top of Page

Mikhailova
PickupHockey All-Star

USA
2918 Posts

Posted - 01/18/2007 :  15:19:40  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Novie

Toronto, or as I like to call it; 'America North', needs to relax.

Correction: East Coast America North. The east coast sucks, it's full of spoiled and rude people. The rest of the country's pretty normal though. The people in the midwest/west/south are nice but the east is pretty weird.

Edited by - Mikhailova on 01/18/2007 15:22:30
Go to Top of Page

spearbelly
Top Prospect

Canada
98 Posts

Posted - 01/19/2007 :  01:05:35  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
[Let's start by defining "blowout". I'd say it's a loss by 4 goals or more...so:

Oct 5.....Leafs 6, Sens 0.....@ OTT (Blow out and Shut out )
Nov 4....Leafs 4, Sabres 1..@ BUF(Only by 3 goals but 1 bonus pt. for beating a GREAT team on Rd.
Nov 11..Leafs 5 Habs 1
Nov 24..Leafs 7 Caps 1......@ WSH
Dec 16..Leafs 9 Rangers 2
Jan 1.....Leafs 5 Bruins 1
Jan11....Leafs 4 Sabres 2...@ BUF(2 bonus pts. for playing with 2/3's of healthy roster to beat best team in league in their barn)

Just trying to help out , Novie , with some blow out scores.

Go to Top of Page

I HATE CROSBY
PickupHockey Pro

Canada
538 Posts

Posted - 01/19/2007 :  23:11:44  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
good call spearbelly.......

some ppl say some stupid things (ie "Novie")....Boston is NOT a bad team this year. Like the leafs they're a little inconsistent though. Both those teams are above 50% in wins, and that's pretty good...I think there are very few bad teams now-a-days and most games are evenly matched (I mean, only a small amout of teams don't really have a playoff chance)...So, the leafs aren't dominating, they have more points than, say PITTSBURGH (for all you sid jerkers out there) and checking the points they almost have as many as the Nucks (they're in different conf., but it's still neat to know)

I HATE CROSBY
Go to Top of Page

toady210
Top Prospect

Canada
13 Posts

Posted - 01/19/2007 :  23:23:20  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
i think a lil thing called jealousy plays a role in your dislike of the leafs

B.g
Go to Top of Page

Mikhailova
PickupHockey All-Star

USA
2918 Posts

Posted - 01/20/2007 :  08:17:50  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
No I think some little things called JFJ sucks and the Leafs can't play worth crap this year plays a role in our dislike of the Leafs.
Go to Top of Page

I HATE CROSBY
PickupHockey Pro

Canada
538 Posts

Posted - 01/20/2007 :  13:58:57  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Why's everyone hate JFJ? He's done a good job as far as I'm concerned...

I HATE CROSBY
Go to Top of Page

-oil-country-
PickupHockey Pro

Canada
988 Posts

Posted - 01/20/2007 :  22:24:39  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:

quote:

First off, the leafs don't suck this year!!!!!!!!! They are a little inconsistent, but with the coach they got, they aren't gonna get blown out too often.

Let's start by defining "blowout". I'd say it's a loss by 4 goals or more...so:

add another blowout to that list cause they lost to Pittsburgh 8-2 tonight

P.S how about Malkin's 5 assists in that game WOW!

Edited by - -oil-country- on 01/20/2007 22:30:13
Go to Top of Page

I HATE CROSBY
PickupHockey Pro

Canada
538 Posts

Posted - 01/20/2007 :  23:31:08  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
So today was the first sunny/snowless day in Vancouver in ages.....Today was supposed to be the best day of my life. No papers due for monday, the lack of snow on the ground meant I could go golfing this afternoon......Then I'd get to come home and watch a nice night of hockey with my buddies. AND THEN:

WORST DAY EVER

Not only do my precious leafs lose. They lose to my most hated of all teams!
So all you IHC haters out there, have a nice laugh...But some day (maybe not today, maybe not tomorrow, but some day) my leafs will reach hockey's summit once again, and finally, I will get the last laugh.

Yours truely, IHC

I HATE CROSBY
Go to Top of Page

Mikhailova
PickupHockey All-Star

USA
2918 Posts

Posted - 01/21/2007 :  07:20:39  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by -oil-country-

P.S how about Malkin's 5 assists in that game WOW!

Yeah, and Malkin scored two goals the other night against Boston and actually leads the team in goals! Not Crosby, MALKIN!! (There you go IHC, you've got something else to slam Crosby for )
Go to Top of Page

Beans15

Canada
8286 Posts

Posted - 01/21/2007 :  13:59:21  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I feel your pain IHC. Especially after my Oil fell 4-0 to the weak ass Flames. I will give you a couple of days to heal before I start attacking again.

Go to Top of Page

Mikhailova
PickupHockey All-Star

USA
2918 Posts

Posted - 01/22/2007 :  10:14:06  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Beans15

Especially after my Oil fell 4-0 to the weak ass Flames.

The Flames are stronger than the Oil. Calgary's got 56 points, Edmonton has 50. The Flames are first in the Northwest, the Oilers are last. Who's weak-ass now, eh?
Go to Top of Page

Novie
PickupHockey Pro

Canada
452 Posts

Posted - 01/23/2007 :  15:40:24  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:

So today was the first sunny/snowless day in Vancouver in ages.....Today was supposed to be the best day of my life. No papers due for monday, the lack of snow on the ground meant I could go golfing this afternoon......Then I'd get to come home and watch a nice night of hockey with my buddies. AND THEN:

WORST DAY EVER

Not only do my precious leafs lose. They lose to my most hated of all teams!
So all you IHC haters out there, have a nice laugh...But some day (maybe not today, maybe not tomorrow, but some day) my leafs will reach hockey's summit once again, and finally, I will get the last laugh.

Yours truely, IHC

I HATE CROSBY

Thanks for making it personal..."some people say stupid things (ie Novie)"

Can we discuss the utter lack of class by the Laffs on Saturday night? Hey guys, we're down by 6, let's see if we can hurt some all-stars, cuz we have the week off to relax anyway!

Go Sens
Crosby is God
Tucker is a douche
Go to Top of Page

Beans15

Canada
8286 Posts

Posted - 01/23/2007 :  16:43:17  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I bleed Copper and Blue. Even if the Flames won the Cup I would still think they are weak ass. I don't know any different and I don't care to learn. It's just what Oiler fans do.
Go to Top of Page

Mikhailova
PickupHockey All-Star

USA
2918 Posts

Posted - 01/27/2007 :  18:09:12  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:

I bleed Copper and Blue.

Haha I guess Red Wings fans bleed.....red? They're the only normal ones! Hahahahaha JK
Go to Top of Page

-oil-country-
PickupHockey Pro

Canada
988 Posts

Posted - 01/27/2007 :  20:45:53  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Mikhailova

quote:

I bleed Copper and Blue.

Haha I guess Red Wings fans bleed.....red? They're the only normal ones! Hahahahaha JK

what about Carolina and Phoenix is reddish
Go to Top of Page

Mikhailova
PickupHockey All-Star

USA
2918 Posts

Posted - 01/28/2007 :  07:58:12  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Yeah, but they have more white too. Oh well-- red blood cells, white blood cells, I guess they're normal!
Go to Top of Page

1 Crosby fan
PickupHockey Veteran

Canada
1454 Posts

Posted - 01/28/2007 :  12:28:17  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I am really getting sick and tired of hearing about the leafs man
Go to Top of Page

Mikhailova
PickupHockey All-Star

USA
2918 Posts

Posted - 01/28/2007 :  15:54:07  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Me too. I think we all are. Except IHC and leafsfan.
Go to Top of Page

I HATE CROSBY
PickupHockey Pro

Canada
538 Posts

Posted - 01/28/2007 :  21:09:43  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by 1 Crosby fan

I am really getting sick and tired of hearing about the leafs man

Woah now, let's put our cards on the table. If you put it on any sports station, you're destined to hear more about that diving, rather than the Toronto Maple Leafs. So for a person with the name "1 Crosby fan", don't get all hypocritical here......At least an interview with any member of the leafs is bound to be more exciting that hearing sid rally off the same old (eg " I can't control that. I just try and focus on the game at hand"....I don't know how many times I've heard him say that after someone asks him about leading the league in points..That is the most overused line in ANY sport!!!!!!!!!)

I HATE CROSBY

ADMIN EDIT:
Clean up the language, consider this a warning.
Go to Top of Page

ci_1612
Top Prospect

Canada
17 Posts

Posted - 01/29/2007 :  04:59:03  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Ok, I love the Leafs its how i was born and raised and I will tell you why the leafs get so much Media spotlight..Because 50% of hockey fans are leafs fans the media can make alot more money off the leafs then any other team out there..This is a business people and if talking about the leafs more than any other team is what makes the money It'll be this way for many more years to come.
And IHC although I respect your a leafs fan and I am impartial to Crosby hes fun to watch but im not a huge (I'm from Nova Scotia by the way) but can you imagine the uproar if they asked Crosby How he can rack up the points he does and he replied with "Because I'm the best hockey player in the league" the media would rip him to shreds.

Chris Illsley
Go to Top of Page

saku11
Top Prospect

Canada
82 Posts

Posted - 02/10/2007 :  14:55:18  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
aqs a hab fan i would say that i dont like them and almost all the atentin is on them and all the media.

HABS ALL THE WAY
Go to Top of Page

semin-rules
PickupHockey Veteran

Canada
1915 Posts

Posted - 02/10/2007 :  17:08:01  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I don't think it matters what team fan you are..
You will hate the Leafs anway

~~~~~GO STARS~~~~~
Go to Top of Page

Guest4849
( )

Posted - 02/10/2007 :  17:58:02  Reply with Quote
I dont hate them they just suck.. well i hate them 2

Go Canucks!
Go to Top of Page

leafsfan_101
PickupHockey Veteran

Canada
1530 Posts

Posted - 02/10/2007 :  18:09:33  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Mikhailova

Me too. I think we all are. Except IHC and leafsfan.

Thanks for adding me in that Mik. I understand the fact pplz hate the Leafs because of the media they get or their s***-ass GM ( Sorry IHC, I cant back you up on that, I HATE the Guy) but other then that there is no reason I can think off. So all you haters, I'll say this for everyone to hear. GO LEAFS GO!!!!!!!

(Its ironic my 100 post is concerning the Leafs)

Long Live Leafs Nation!!

Edited by - leafsfan_101 on 02/10/2007 18:12:01
Go to Top of Page

saku11
Top Prospect

Canada
82 Posts

Posted - 02/10/2007 :  18:13:23  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
lol good oint semin

HABS ALL THE WAY
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 6 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic