Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Search
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?
 All Forums
 Hockey Forums
Allow Anonymous Posting forum... Trash Talk
 Do you Hate Hasek Allow Anonymous Users Reply to This Topic...
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Guest9641
( )

Posted - 01/16/2007 :  13:51:09  Reply with Quote
Dominik Hasek is the most over rated goalie. He had some good seasons with the Buffalo Sabres. He sucked on Detroit the first time, and when he had said he was going to avoid the olympics to be in good shape for the playoffs with ottawa, what happens? He takes part in the olympics gets injured and forces ottawa to go with their rookie goalie into the playoffs? Now he's complaining about not being picked for the western all stars, someone please knock this guy out. I HATE HASEK

go ottawa

slapshot
Rookie

USA
141 Posts

Posted - 01/16/2007 :  13:56:56  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Can you post a link to where he is complaining? - I would like to read it.

I have never liked him. He is damn good, but at this stage in is career he is high risk/high reward. Sounds like someone is bitter because Ottawa got all the risk and Detoit is getting all the reward. Don't worry though, he will get hurt and flake out in the playoffs.
Go to Top of Page

luckyluc
Top Prospect

Canada
26 Posts

Posted - 01/16/2007 :  14:32:51  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
He sucked on Detroit the first time

UHHHHH... Didnt Hasek win a cup with Detroit?

Article:
http://www.pickuphockey.com/hockeynews.aspx?article=h011617A
Go to Top of Page

Beans15

Canada
8286 Posts

Posted - 01/16/2007 :  15:06:40  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hasek has accomplished everything a goal could have, but I don't like his work ethic. Last year his "magic groin injury" re-appeared. That damn thing flairs up almost every year in the spring. Started in Buffalo and has continued on until now. Nope, never liked him.
Go to Top of Page

Mikhailova
PickupHockey All-Star

USA
2918 Posts

Posted - 01/16/2007 :  16:55:52  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Do I hate Hašek? Crap no! Hašek's one of the greatest goalies of all time! (Today, however, he's not so great anymore, he's getting old). But in the past: Nagano '98, he shut out Pavel Bure's shots to win gold for the Czech Republic...winner of 6 Vezina trophies...first goalie to win consecutive Hart trophies...13 shut-outs in one season...a career high .937 save percentage...fourth most wins of all active NHL goalies...9th in the NHL for shutouts...Heck, he and the Red Wings blanked Montreal last night: http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/news_story/?ID=192403&hubname=

And seriously, stop griping about his style. So what if it's not like the traditional goalie style? He stops the puck, doesn't he? And he does it pretty friggin' well too (well, when he wasn't injury-prone). His style may be different but it seemed to work better than most other goalies back in the day.

He may be overrated now, I will admit that, but he never used to be. Not if he could put up stats like those I listed.

Edited by - Mikhailova on 01/16/2007 17:39:24
Go to Top of Page

hithere311
Rookie

Canada
109 Posts

Posted - 03/27/2007 :  08:37:41  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
He's no doubt entertaining to watch, but some of his mistakes are sooooo stupid. And he's way past his prime. I thought he was going to retire 2 years ago.
Go to Top of Page

Saku Steen
PickupHockey Veteran

Canada
1102 Posts

Posted - 03/27/2007 :  12:09:53  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by hithere311

He's no doubt entertaining to watch, but some of his mistakes are sooooo stupid. And he's way past his prime. I thought he was going to retire 2 years ago.

I dont think that hes entertaning to watch. Someone kaying on the ice and flopping around isnt fun to watch. He makes really stupid mistakes, like you said and he is to old to play in this league!

Woot, Woot! 500th post! Halfway there to 1000!
Go to Top of Page

tctitans
PickupHockey Pro

Canada
931 Posts

Posted - 03/27/2007 :  12:20:20  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I hate Hasek.
He is a fantastic goalie, I'll give him that. But he is also the biggest whiner in the game and his faux flips and flops to try and draw penalties is down right embarassing.
Go to Top of Page

leafsfan_101
PickupHockey Veteran

Canada
1530 Posts

Posted - 03/27/2007 :  12:23:57  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Everyone guess who I am.

Weeel u know my groin is horting. Aand I seeem to hafe too mach snow on da iece. Hopefuuly my groin iez better.

i know there are mistakes in my spelling. Sound out alll of the spelling mistakes and tell me who it sounds like.

Hasek is overrated but a good goaltender and a steal for Detroit (wow, only 750k). His accent is funny too, did u hear him sing Rudolph the Red nosed Reindeer on TSN. But even thoug he speaks funny he is a good goatender.

Long Live Leafs Nation!!
Go to Top of Page

manninm
PickupHockey Pro

USA
347 Posts

Posted - 03/27/2007 :  12:25:38  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Do I hate Hasek? ya...sorry Mik. There's no denying his credentials. Bar none one of the greatest, and headed straight to the Hall. However, he's classless, and selfish, and an overall jerk. He left Buffalo 2 years after going to the cup finals because he felt he couldn't win one in Buffalo. He punched a reporter in the face because he couldn't take the heat. He was never very involved with the community here. I think the entire community felt a little put off by the guy, too.
Go to Top of Page

Mikhailova
PickupHockey All-Star

USA
2918 Posts

Posted - 03/27/2007 :  12:30:45  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by leafsfan_101

Everyone guess who I am.

Weeel u know my groin is horting. Aand I seeem to hafe too mach snow on da iece. Hopefuuly my groin iez better.

i know there are mistakes in my spelling. Sound out alll of the spelling mistakes and tell me who it sounds like.

Well he's got a Czech accent so of course he's gonna sound a little funny
Go to Top of Page

Guest9743
( )

Posted - 07/09/2008 :  22:39:57  Reply with Quote
i hate hasek he is SOOOOOOOOOOO bad he used to be dece4nt at best but he is terrible now when ever he goes to cover the pucj he drops his stick, he gets like 12 shots a game and still lets in at least three he is so bad and his helmet is even worse worst goalie ever he is garbage he shouldnt even be in the nhl. Detroint should win every game but with hasek inn net they cant win as easily i hate him i even named my band killing hasek he belongs in the garbage can!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Go to Top of Page

hockster
PickupHockey Pro

Canada
437 Posts

Posted - 07/09/2008 :  23:43:50  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I think he was a great goalie
But now he isnt
I have nothing against him
He does nothing wrong!
Go to Top of Page

Axey
PickupHockey Pro

Canada
877 Posts

Posted - 07/12/2008 :  07:11:30  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hasek has won numerous Vezina trophies on a brutal Buffalo team, he is, well was, an awesome goalie. I'll never forget the series he stole on the Habs.
Go to Top of Page

Guest4043
( )

Posted - 07/12/2008 :  21:41:01  Reply with Quote
hasek is a legend! he has only had a couple bad years in his entire career. He's opened up a new style that was frowned upon before. He's a goalie god!!!
Go to Top of Page

Guest6252
( )

Posted - 11/27/2008 :  18:11:25  Reply with Quote
HE SUKS HES AN OLD BUM OSGOOD IS BETTER LOL
Go to Top of Page

Axey
PickupHockey Pro

Canada
877 Posts

Posted - 11/27/2008 :  20:26:21  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Guest6252

HE SUKS HES AN OLD BUM OSGOOD IS BETTER LOL

Osgood is garbage lol Conklin is superior

Chicago Blackhawks GM

Jesus didn't tap.
Go to Top of Page

Guest4144
( )

Posted - 11/28/2008 :  05:44:00  Reply with Quote
He should go and run his store hes better at that than goaltending everyones sick of all his BS moves
Go to Top of Page

n/a
deleted

4809 Posts

Posted - 11/28/2008 :  06:54:15  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I never liked Hasek, although he was certainly an excellent goalie in his time. Later, I got a glimpse of his character, and liked him even less . . .

Let me tell you a story, hockey gents:

Back about 8 years ago or so (maybe 9?), I was working security for a large hotel, and the NHL awards were being held in Toronto. A bunch of the hockey superstars were staying with us, and it was a damn exciting time to work there, especially as a big hockey fan. On the night most came in, I got a call from one of my staff to come to the lobby bar. I hustled down to see what drunkard was causing trouble.

Turns out, I encounter a chagrinned bartender, and he tells me that his highness Hasek demanded that security come down and arrest the waiter, or have him taken away. Seeing no one near who I assumed to be Hasek at that point (his back was to me), I asked what the story was. Bartender tells me Hasek came in late, ordered a couple drinks, and asked to be left alone. After sitting alone for about 45 minutes with no one bothering him, he is hesitantly approached by a waiter nearing the end of his shift. The guy says, "Sorry to bother you, but if I could just get an autograph for my son, he's your biggest fan". Cutting him off, Hasek throws a hissy fit, telling him bug off, leave him be. Then, the man pleads with him, "just 2 seconds for a quick autograph for my son, please, he's . . ." Then Hasek slams his glass down, and threatens to punch the guy in his face if he doesn't leave. The waiter leaves, shocked. Hasek then makes demands, as if he has the power to have staff there fired!

I took a very short statement from Hasek, and I must say, a more pompous prick I haven't seen.

He won't win any congeniality contests, nosirree.

"Take off, eh?" - Bob and Doug
Go to Top of Page

Guest2559
( )

Posted - 11/28/2008 :  12:43:54  Reply with Quote
LOL Great story.
I always hated the guy never thought he made any of his saves out of skill and I still dont think he did. How can you tell me you made that save on purpose when you never saw the f'n puck.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page