Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Search
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?
 All Forums
 Eastern Conference - Atlantic Division
Allow Anonymous Posting forum... Toronto
 The 2010/11 Toronto Maple Leafs Allow Anonymous Users Reply to This Topic...
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
Previous Page | Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 7

FLYING -V
Top Prospect

69 Posts

Posted - 09/10/2010 :  22:28:35  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I am happy to see that after 43 fruitless years, leaf fans still maintain an optimistic view of each upcoming season. However the fact remains that this years team is not extremely different from last years. Questionable goaltending, questionable defense, questionable offense, and extremely questionable leadership. I'm not going to say playoffs are out of the question, but I wouldn't put money on watching more than 82 leaf games this season,

Its not worth winning if you cant win big!
Go to Top of Page

Alex116
PickupHockey Legend

6113 Posts

Posted - 09/10/2010 :  22:57:05  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by The Duke

Yes Alex I`m new here, just observing what i read. Beans, from what i read you are a very knowledgable and intelligent hockey mind. Alex, form your own opinions.

Ok Mr. Duke, here's my very own opinion for you.....

IMO ("in my opinion" in case you, as a newbie, doesn't know what IMO stands for) ANYONE who thinks i agree with everything Beans says or offers his opinion on must be:
a. very new here and has limited knowledge of other posters
b. a complete and utter moron
c. both a & b

Well, seeing as by the terms and conditions of my registration here i'm not allowed to "personally attack" other posters or insult them, i guess i have to choose a? Now, FTR (for the record), if i had not agreed to those registration terms, i'd definitely have chosen c.

Surely Beans won't agree with me.....

Go to Top of Page

Pasty7
PickupHockey Veteran

Canada
2312 Posts

Posted - 09/10/2010 :  23:15:18  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Alex116

quote:

Yes Alex I`m new here, just observing what i read. Beans, from what i read you are a very knowledgable and intelligent hockey mind. Alex, form your own opinions.

Ok Mr. Duke, here's my very own opinion for you.....

IMO ("in my opinion" in case you, as a newbie, doesn't know what IMO stands for) ANYONE who thinks i agree with everything Beans says or offers his opinion on must be:
a. very new here and has limited knowledge of other posters
b. a complete and utter moron
c. both a & b

Well, seeing as by the terms and conditions of my registration here i'm not allowed to "personally attack" other posters or insult them, i guess i have to choose a? Now, FTR (for the record), if i had not agreed to those registration terms, i'd definitely have chosen c.

Surely Beans won't agree with me.....

don't worry Alex those of us who know you enjoy YOUR opinion even if you re a nucks fan

Pasty
Go to Top of Page

The Duke
PickupHockey Veteran

Canada
1239 Posts

Posted - 09/11/2010 :  19:31:39  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Congratulations Alex, thats what i`m talking about...enough with the name calling...peace brother )))
Go to Top of Page

The Duke
PickupHockey Veteran

Canada
1239 Posts

Posted - 09/11/2010 :  19:45:36  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
On a side note, Pasty when you say that the Sedins completely dominated last year, which season are you referring to ?? Regular or Post season ?? Last years playoffs were probably thier best yet, but until you take your team to the stanley cup finals i`d hardly call your play complete domination. While several players had a very good post season, the only true dominate player i seen in last years playoffs was Halak. Don`t know why the habs got rid of this guy, they may regret this one for a long time.
Go to Top of Page

polishexpress
PickupHockey Pro

525 Posts

Posted - 09/11/2010 :  21:36:05  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Duke, please use a spelling and grammar checker!

What in the world is a DOMINATE player? SINCE WHEN DOES A VERB BECOME A NOUN!?

I have grown accustomed to typos, grammatical inconsistencies, slang, and general abuse of the English language on forums, and I myself have fallen to the same trap.

Don't take offense; using "DOMINATE" as a verb, instead of what you really meant to use, "DOMINANT", was the last straw for me.

In you last posts on this thread, I saw you accuse a poster of lack of backbone because they agreed with another poster, generalize that another always twists words, and blaspheme! (I say blaspheme because you insinuated that Pasty's team is Vancouver, yet, Pasty cheers for Montreal ) Thus I just had to voice my opinion.

One last thing, and I think I'm turning into the grammar police, please use that big button with the lettering "E-NT-E-R" once in a while to divide your posts into paragraphs. Makes it much easier to read.

Thanks, and feel free to bash any of my comments and grammar legitimately anytime.

Edited by - polishexpress on 09/11/2010 21:40:55
Go to Top of Page

polishexpress
PickupHockey Pro

525 Posts

Posted - 09/11/2010 :  21:38:54  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
As a side-note, I would love to see the Leafs do better on defense this year.

On paper, their defense is very solid, so I hope they will live up to expectations. (As long as Edmonton does better, that is!)
Go to Top of Page

Pasty7
PickupHockey Veteran

Canada
2312 Posts

Posted - 09/11/2010 :  22:39:08  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:

On a side note, Pasty when you say that the Sedins completely dominated last year, which season are you referring to ?? Regular or Post season ?? Last years playoffs were probably thier best yet, but until you take your team to the stanley cup finals i`d hardly call your play complete domination. While several players had a very good post season, the only true dominate player i seen in last years playoffs was Halak. Don`t know why the habs got rid of this guy, they may regret this one for a long time.

Yeah only Halak doiminated.... just have one thing to say to that.....Mike Cammalleri... don`t even try to argue he didn`t , just admitt that was an oversight.

Pasty

Edited by - Pasty7 on 09/11/2010 22:40:44
Go to Top of Page

The Duke
PickupHockey Veteran

Canada
1239 Posts

Posted - 09/12/2010 :  04:36:41  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Agree Pasty, he played great. Polish Express, sorry but i`m not a language teacher. Anyway you may see many errors in my weekend posts, i may have 15 - 18 beers in me when i post them.....lol
Go to Top of Page

polishexpress
PickupHockey Pro

525 Posts

Posted - 09/12/2010 :  15:47:36  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
No worries Duke, I just like going on rants.

Here's a solution to both our problems: send admin a new suggestion - implement the mandatory use of a breathalizer test before being allowed to post!

Edited by - polishexpress on 09/12/2010 15:48:00
Go to Top of Page

Beans15

Canada
8286 Posts

Posted - 09/12/2010 :  21:23:32  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
If one can not post while drinking, I would suggest that I would have far more friends on this site and about 5000 fewer posts.

Gents let's not forget that we are all entitled to our own opinion, regardless how different they may be from our own. As much as Slozo and I disagree on pretty much everything regarding this beautiful game we both love, we both appreciate each others opinions and difference. Although it may seem there is a battle, there is a mutual respect.

That being said, let's make sure we are all following the forum guidelines. The occasional typo happens. However, we should all be doing our best to ensure that simple grammar and punctuation occurs.

Slozo, any thoughts on a bet for this year yet???
Go to Top of Page

polishexpress
PickupHockey Pro

525 Posts

Posted - 09/12/2010 :  22:15:55  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I do hope Beans that you understood that the breathalizer statement** was a joke, right?

**How in the world could a website enforce user sobriety?

(I think you did, you were just pulling your moderator card)

Enough brackets! Back to hockey: Beans will the Oilers do better than the Leafs this year, or will Burke's moves finally start paying off?

I have an ugly feeling that the Oilers will still be holding the mop and bucket, while the Leafs will step up one rung this season- just one, no more(as in, middle of non-playoff teams instead of bottom)
Go to Top of Page

Beans15

Canada
8286 Posts

Posted - 09/13/2010 :  05:08:35  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Well, let's put it this way: there are far more IF's involved in the Oilers being successful than there are IF's for the Leafs to be successful. There is a huge question mark in net with what's going on with Khabibulin. The other goalies in Edmonton are AHL caliber at best. Dubnyk is about the closest thing the Oilers have to a NHL player but he needs a lot of polish. The defense is reasonably solid however they are also notorious at being below average puck movers. They are bigger than last year which will help. I believe they are missing at least one piece on the back end. The forward group is very young, very fast, but also very small. For who I would consider the opening day group of forwards there will be 5 guys at less than 6' tall and 8 guys at less than 200 lbs. Stortini at 6'3" and Penner at 6'4" are the only guys with size that will play any kind of real minutes.

I will say that I don't believe I could ever bet for the Leafs over the Oilers for the simple matter of pride. However, I believe it will be another long year for Oiler fans. They will be better than last year, but not by much. I think their record will not be much better at all but there will be a better product on the ice and more competative. However, the will lose more than the win and will have another lottery pick next year. Perfect for a rebuild. Next season (11/12) will be a make the playoffs year and 12/13 will be the first of 2-3 seasons where the Oilers will compete near the top of the league.
Go to Top of Page

n/a
deleted

4809 Posts

Posted - 09/13/2010 :  11:26:03  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Ha ha, Beans . . . so the Leafs are still one of the bottom three teams in your esteemed opinion, just not the very bottom . . . so you are predicting a last place finish for your Oil? If so, I wouldn't disagree, other than they will have competition for the bottom from a few teams in the East and West, none of which include Toronto, IMHO.

Well, I have Iggy down for 35 goals or less with Pasty . . . and I can't bet on my Leafs being better than the Oil . . . hmmm. I will have to think about it. I will give it some real thought, something we will both enjoy watching, and make a post on it when I have time.

"Take off, eh?" - Bob and Doug
Go to Top of Page

Beans15

Canada
8286 Posts

Posted - 09/14/2010 :  11:42:49  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by slozo

Ha ha, Beans . . . so the Leafs are still one of the bottom three teams in your esteemed opinion, just not the very bottom . . . so you are predicting a last place finish for your Oil? If so, I wouldn't disagree, other than they will have competition for the bottom from a few teams in the East and West, none of which include Toronto, IMHO.

Well, I have Iggy down for 35 goals or less with Pasty . . . and I can't bet on my Leafs being better than the Oil . . . hmmm. I will have to think about it. I will give it some real thought, something we will both enjoy watching, and make a post on it when I have time.

Hey Slozo, let's not put words in my mouth. I said the Leafs were bottom 3 in the East and about 25th overall. I could see them as high as about 22nd, but that's a stretch. I also never predicted a last place finish for the Oilers. I said they would be better than last year(but not by much) and their record will be similar. I would suggest that CBJ will be the worst team in the NHL with the Oilers, Islanders, FLA, ATL, and TO fighting for the remainder of the toilet. Edmonton could be as bad as 30th or as high as 25th. I think 25th is the max the Oilers will reach.
Go to Top of Page

n/a
deleted

4809 Posts

Posted - 09/15/2010 :  07:23:00  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
But you also conceded that the Oilers were probably going to finish below the Leafs.

I scrolled back in the comments and you had mentioned earlier that you think the Leafs could finish no higher than 11th in the east. That's not a bad watermark at all, actually.

I already have my icon on the line for the playoffs for Iggy's 35 goals . . . so I will put it this way: If I lose to Pasty, and then lose my bet with you, then I'd have the Oilers avatar after the end of the playoffs until the beginning of next season. If I win my bet with Pasty but lose to you, then it would be for the playoffs. If I win my bet with you, you wear the Leafs logo proudly throughout the playoffs.

The bet is:
If the Toronto Maple Leafs finish 15th - 11th place in the Eastern Conference, you win, and I wear the Oilers avatar (during either the entire run of the playoffs or entire off-season, depending on Pasty's bet outcome).

If the Toronto Maple Leafs finish 12th-1st place in the Eastern Conference, you, Beans, will once again proudly wear the Leafs avatar (hopefully while the Leafs are actually playing in the playoffs, which would be the cherry on top of that cake!).

How does that sound?

Go to Top of Page

n/a
deleted

4809 Posts

Posted - 09/16/2010 :  10:19:14  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hey Beans,

I noticed you haven't picked up the gauntlet I threw down here. Hope it's not because you're . . . . chicken?

Otherwise, I'll be forced to look at betting on Edmonton finishing either dead last again, or second to dead last. And that'd just be cruel.

Go to Top of Page

Beans15

Canada
8286 Posts

Posted - 09/16/2010 :  11:53:45  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Sorry Slozo, I missed the bet.

I am a little confuse:

15th to 11th I win

12th-1st You win

Did you mean 10th to 1st you win or 15th to 12th I win??? The positions currently overlap.

I am also intrigued by the Edmonton bet, but a little piece of me wants them to finish near the bottom again for the draft pick.
Go to Top of Page

n/a
deleted

4809 Posts

Posted - 09/16/2010 :  17:52:41  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Sorry, lol [:p

I'd be more ashamed of my math, but I can hardly keep my thoughts straight these days with the work and kid and pregnant wife . . .

I should have written 10th - 1st for me to win, of course.

But really, I have to say, it is optimistic of me, and if the Leafs get any kind of bad break injury wise to a key player, or if one of the expected break-outs doesn't happen, they probably will be out of the playoff race . . . just how far out, who knows. You still have to admit the East is pretty wide open - top half and bottom half, I mean. And let's face it, there's usually a big surprise and a big disappointment . . . last year it was Buffalo and Boston.

So yes, (sucks breath in) . . . I will take the bet as is:
Leafs finish 15-11th in the conference - Beans wins.
Leafs finish 10th-1st in the conference - slozo wins.

Rest of the terms are as I stated earlier. You game?

Go to Top of Page

Pasty7
PickupHockey Veteran

Canada
2312 Posts

Posted - 09/16/2010 :  19:20:14  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:

Sorry, lol [:p

I'd be more ashamed of my math, but I can hardly keep my thoughts straight these days with the work and kid and pregnant wife . . .

I should have written 10th - 1st for me to win, of course.

But really, I have to say, it is optimistic of me, and if the Leafs get any kind of bad break injury wise to a key player, or if one of the expected break-outs doesn't happen, they probably will be out of the playoff race . . . just how far out, who knows. You still have to admit the East is pretty wide open - top half and bottom half, I mean. And let's face it, there's usually a big surprise and a big disappointment . . . last year it was Buffalo and Boston.

Congrats on the futur kid let my know when he or she enter this world i'll be sure to mail you a mini habs jersey for him or her

Pasty
Go to Top of Page

n/a
deleted

4809 Posts

Posted - 09/17/2010 :  06:58:41  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Pasty - it would take a LOT for me to ever disown my children, but owning Habs jersey and actually wearing it in my house might be one of those things that I could never accept!

You just reminded me of that little vignette cartoon, The Sweater, about the Montreal kid who gets a Leafs jersey . . . best short story ever.

Go to Top of Page

Beans15

Canada
8286 Posts

Posted - 09/17/2010 :  09:10:59  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:

Terms accepted. I am suprised by your agressiveness. I think iI have a 2 positions advantage at least. 10th is a stretch. I appreciate your dedication almost as much as I will appreciate the payback in avatars.

Good Luck! You will need it more than I!
Go to Top of Page

n/a
deleted

4809 Posts

Posted - 09/17/2010 :  09:57:16  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Well Beans, I'd say it's perhaps a 1 position advantage myself, as I really can't see the Leafs finishing bottom four this year: not with an Atlanta team sana Kovalchuk, not with a Florida team sans Booth, not with a Carolina team sans any offensive or defensive depth whatsoever, and not an Isles team with a snakebitten goalie and a very shaky D past Streit.

I truly can't see the Leafs finishing below those teams, barring catastrophe. It's the 11 th place thatI will give you is tricky, as they could have lots of shakiness and settle there . . . especially with a much improved TB and a Rangers team that still has a topnotch goalie. Still, I just have this feeling that this year, where many bad bounces happened for the Leafs (figuratively as well), it'll be much better luck this year. A lot of that is the attitude, youth, and almost all of the old guard out, along with what is looking like a determined young captain, as well as stability in goal (relatively speaking). I really feel the Leafs were much better than their record last year, and because of that, a very good thing has happened for this team to help it succeed:

No one expects them to win.

And lastly, it was a tough loss to me last year, as both our teams bottomed right out but yours was just a bit worse, so I don't mind taking what for me is a bit of a chance on a "good feeling". You did, after all, give me better odds last year taking two teams to better one . . . and you were an excellent sport about it, so fair's fair and I am happy with the terms.

Go Leafs Go!
With OT losses added, I am looking for a .500 record or better I think to finish above 11th place.

Go to Top of Page

Pasty7
PickupHockey Veteran

Canada
2312 Posts

Posted - 09/17/2010 :  14:07:56  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:

Pasty - it would take a LOT for me to ever disown my children, but owning Habs jersey and actually wearing it in my house might be one of those things that I could never accept!

You just reminded me of that little vignette cartoon, The Sweater, about the Montreal kid who gets a Leafs jersey . . . best short story ever.

oh yeah we used to read that short story in elementry school very true great story!

Pasty
Go to Top of Page

Leafs81
PickupHockey Pro

735 Posts

Posted - 09/18/2010 :  06:05:57  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
GO SLOZO!!!!!
Go to Top of Page

The Duke
PickupHockey Veteran

Canada
1239 Posts

Posted - 09/18/2010 :  11:49:44  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Beans you have no chance to win this bet and you know it. You have no choice but to accept the terms, not accepting these terms would go againist your posts regarding the leafs.

If you watch any hockey you know deep down inside the leafs will have a major rebound season with their new aquistions going back to last winter.

GO...SLOZO...congrats on the upcoming little one, children make everything in life seem worthwhile..
Go to Top of Page

The Duke
PickupHockey Veteran

Canada
1239 Posts

Posted - 09/18/2010 :  11:58:12  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Pasty how do you think C.Price will do this season ? Whole lotta pressure on him, he wanted the gauntlet, now he has it.

The Montreal Canadians Alumni will be playing an exibition game againist our senior team ( conception bay cee bees ) pretty soon here in conception bay NFLD., should be fun to watch...getting tickets may be a job in itself, lotta Canadian fans here in our area. Pretty well split fan base here 50 / 50, Canadians vs leafs.

Lottta heated arguements among friends friday nights, ( beer night ) lol.. ))
Go to Top of Page

Pasty7
PickupHockey Veteran

Canada
2312 Posts

Posted - 09/18/2010 :  12:21:56  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:

Pasty how do you think C.Price will do this season ? Whole lotta pressure on him, he wanted the gauntlet, now he has it.

The Montreal Canadians Alumni will be playing an exibition game againist our senior team ( conception bay cee bees ) pretty soon here in conception bay NFLD., should be fun to watch...getting tickets may be a job in itself, lotta Canadian fans here in our area. Pretty well split fan base here 50 / 50, Canadians vs leafs.

Lottta heated arguements among friends friday nights, ( beer night ) lol.. ))

hey didn``t realize you re from NFLD my cousin moved up there maybe 6 years ago got a little one and everything,, and you are right a lot of habs fans up there he is one of them lol. i think price will do decent good enough that none will be booing him but not good enough for the fans to do a complete 360,, the habs will be again this year one of those teams fighting for the last 2 playoff spots so i figure the team will get 45 wins roughly and i think Price will get 32 wins this coming year. What i hope is Halak does just the same nothing special but good aswell because if he is superhuman next year and Price just does the job the fans here will make it seem like hes a bum. Also hoping for a big year from Mike Cammalleri i really want to see him turn a point per game and play 80 this year,, i think a big year from him or Eller could divert atytention away from Price and helkp him out.. we ll see i guess

Pasty
Go to Top of Page

n/a
deleted

4809 Posts

Posted - 09/18/2010 :  15:57:34  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
If you want to talk Habs folks, start another thread.

This thread here is only for the almighty Leafs season to come.

Go to Top of Page

Guest9423
( )

Posted - 09/20/2010 :  18:19:46  Reply with Quote
wow Toronto have made Bruins a dynasty. Another first round overall pick thanks Burke worst gm ever. Worst franchise ever, worst knowledgable fans ever.
Go to Top of Page

Beans15

Canada
8286 Posts

Posted - 09/20/2010 :  20:48:22  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Guest9423
[brworst knowledgable fans ever.

I would completely disagree with this. TO fans are some times short sighted on the ability of thier teams and I would agree they are dreamers to a certain degree. However, they are a knowledgeable or more than any other fan.

That being said, Burke is a knob and always has been. In the next 18-24 months he will start being attacked by the TO media and then fired in less then 36 months. In fact, if TO finishes lotto pick again, he will be gone sooner.
Go to Top of Page

n/a
deleted

4809 Posts

Posted - 09/21/2010 :  14:08:25  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Guest 9428 - your amazing grasp of the English language, and your illuminating commentary lead me to think that your opinion has absolutely as much merit as a talking sock puppet.

Beans - we can make bets on Burke's tenure after this year . . . but I must point out that even the worst of Toronto GMs usually last at least 4 5 years - and that is the dregs (see: JFJ).

Edited by - n/a on 09/21/2010 14:10:22
Go to Top of Page

Pasty7
PickupHockey Veteran

Canada
2312 Posts

Posted - 09/22/2010 :  03:09:26  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
now i know it was pre season but last nights game against the sens,,,, ouch,, a lot of the Leaf's regular's looked really rusty.. now of course i know thats the point of pre season to shake off the rust of the regulars and to give a bubble player a chance to make the squad, lets hope for a better showing next game from the buds,

Pasty
Go to Top of Page

ToXXiK1
PickupHockey Pro

Canada
696 Posts

Posted - 09/22/2010 :  03:16:04  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Ya the Leafs turned in a stinker, although, the Sens goalie was pretty sharp last night.

"Can't see the forest for the trees? BUY A CHAINSAW !!"
Go to Top of Page

Guest4271
( )

Posted - 09/22/2010 :  03:59:46  Reply with Quote
Did Phaneuf look bad or what last night. When Chis Kelly can make you look bad you may have problems. Hopefully its just a lot of rust in his game right now or Toronto could be in trouble.
Go to Top of Page

Guest7924
( )

Posted - 09/22/2010 :  06:59:35  Reply with Quote
Phanuef was horrible last night...I know it's the pre-season and all but c'mon. If you've been given the 'C' you should be setting the tone out there for the rest of your potential teamates. Foligno just step around him like he wasn't even there...great addition to the PP tho..what was that 0-8 last night?

Not sure who to blame the players themselves or the coach on this one but is it just me or do the Leafs always look in panic mode. Over the years I've noticed how easy others team are able to gain entry into the Leafs end. Yet the Leafs make it look so difficult.

I don't want to sound like one of those whinning Leafs fans...just thought i'd voice my opinion on some glaring problems I noticed last night.
Go to Top of Page

Beans15

Canada
8286 Posts

Posted - 09/22/2010 :  08:45:33  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Wow, what a difference one game will make!! Look at 'some' of the TO faithful dumping in Captain Phaneuf!! Makes me laugh.

Ultimately, no one can put anything on a pre-season game for a team that has not played in months. That being said, the move that Foligno beat Phaneuf on is what I have been talking about for a long time. He often makes a play which is huge risk/reward. It will either be a huge hit or a goal the other way. It's dangerous and Phaneuf is well known for it out west.

But TO fans, you gotta take the good with the bad. If you want him to be the big physical force for the team you also have to understand that he will get beat from time to time.
Go to Top of Page

nuxfan
PickupHockey All-Star

3670 Posts

Posted - 09/22/2010 :  10:37:08  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
guys - it was pre-season game number 1, get a grip. First game since April for most of them, and you're worried already?
Go to Top of Page

Guest7752
( )

Posted - 09/22/2010 :  11:54:28  Reply with Quote
quote:

Guest 9428 - your amazing grasp of the English language, and your illuminating commentary lead me to think that your opinion has absolutely as much merit as a talking sock puppet.

Beans - we can make bets on Burke's tenure after this year . . . but I must point out that even the worst of Toronto GMs usually last at least 4 5 years - and that is the dregs (see: JFJ).

Although every Leaf fan in here is refusing to respond to my comments (y'all know who you are!), I'm sure you're all thinking of me and the huge debate we enjoyed last year at this time over Burke versus Gainey.
'nough said ....
no need to respond... Burke is making me look good.
Go to Top of Page

n/a
deleted

4809 Posts

Posted - 09/22/2010 :  16:57:26  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Respond to what comments . . . you honestly think that Gainey outmanaged Burke?!? That is hilarious stuff indeed.

My goodness, everyone comes out of the woodwork to sling sh*t at the Leafs after a bad preseason loss. Hilarious, considering that everyone did pretty much the same last preseason, saying how the pre-season games don't matter.

Reviving the Gainey/Burke thread after Gainey has left (albeit leaving the team in what I would call slight disarray) . . . and waiting for a bad pre-season loss for the Leafs . . . priceless.

Go to Top of Page
Page: of 7 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page