Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Search
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?
 All Forums
 Hockey Forums
Allow Anonymous Posting forum... General Hockey Chat
 What Place Will The Dallas Stars Finish This Year? Allow Anonymous Users Reply to This Topic...
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

semin-rules
PickupHockey Veteran

Canada
1915 Posts

Posted - 10/04/2010 :  16:36:24  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Poll Question:
As many of you know, or will learn to know, I am a ragin Dallas Stars fan
and now the pre season is over and the seasons about to start and I wanna know how you think my stars will place !!!

With the face of the franchise gone, and their goalie for the last ten years gone, the Stars are looking for a fresh start!! It will be a rebuilding year for them, but I think they have the players and the skill to push for their first playoff birth in two years !!

Now I personally think they are gonna win the cup this year

but realisticly I think if Lethonen is playing his best and Richards has another ninety point season and Jamie benn comes through again, I think they will be sitting between 7-9th in the west !

But I wanna know what YOU guys think !!
Gimme some feedback !

Annnnnnd GO !

Choices:

1st
2nd
3rd
4th
5th
6th
7th
8th
9th
10th
11th
12th
13th

Edited by - semin-rules on 10/04/2010 16:52:42

nuxfan
PickupHockey All-Star

3670 Posts

Posted - 10/05/2010 :  00:16:52  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
hmm...no options below 13th?

Teams that I think will do worse than them:

- CBJ
- EDM
- MIN

So if they beat out those 3 teams, they'd be 12th. They didn't do much to improve in the offseason, and there are a lot of questions going into this year:

- How well will Lehtonen do, and can he stay injury free?

- DAL has one of the weakest (IMO) defensive lineups in the west, can they hold the line?

- Benn and Neal - will they improve on last years numbers? I think Neal will, he's a bonafide power forward. Benn, too early to tell.

- Lost a lot of leadership - Modano and Turco both gone, is Morrow ready to carry this team with no help? Also, Morrow needs to improve his game next year, 47 points is not where he should be.

A lot of stars will have to line up (no pun intended) for them to have a serious shot at the playoffs this year.

Hell, even to crack the top-12, they'd have to be better than teams like NAS, CGY, STL, and COL, and I don't think they are at this point. They also play in a difficult division - 8 games against each of ANA, SJ, LA, thats 24 games against teams that are a lot better than they are - those 3 teams should finish in the playoffs this year. Add it all up, and I think a 12th place finish is in the cards again for DAL.
Go to Top of Page

Beans15

Canada
8286 Posts

Posted - 10/05/2010 :  07:26:24  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Dallas, along with Edmonton, Columbus, and Minnesota will be fighting for the bottom 4 spots in the Western Conference.

The have nothing past their top 4-5 forwards and even less on the defensive side. Not including the fact that their #1 goalie is a marginal #1 at best and would be a back up on at least 15 teams in the NHL today.

Dallas is silently rebuilding with some key pieces already in place considering Neal, Been, and Eriksson.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page