Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Search
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?
 All Forums
 Hockey Forums
Allow Anonymous Posting forum... User Polls
 Super Sidney - 50 in 50? Allow Anonymous Users Reply to This Topic...
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

admin
Forum Admin

Canada
2337 Posts

Posted - 12/07/2010 :  23:29:13  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Poll Question:
Will Sidney Crosby reach the 50 goals in 50 games milestone in the NHL's 2010/11 regular season

Choices:

Yes
No

nuxfan
PickupHockey All-Star

3670 Posts

Posted - 12/08/2010 :  00:19:16  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
only 24g in 29 games? No, I don't think he'll hit it.
Go to Top of Page

MrBoogedy
Rookie

Canada
195 Posts

Posted - 12/08/2010 :  01:04:11  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I think he'll do it. He's playing like a man possessed by the love child of wayne gretzky and kaili wichenheiser (sp?). What an assist on Kunitz's goal tonight... sick.
Go to Top of Page

Pasty7
PickupHockey Veteran

Canada
2312 Posts

Posted - 12/08/2010 :  03:59:46  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
i think it is more possible for sid to be the first player in a long time to exceed 160 points in a season, i do not know who was last to do it but it has been at leat 6 years,

"I led the league in "Go get 'em next time." - Bob Uecker
Go to Top of Page

Guest0761
( )

Posted - 12/08/2010 :  05:43:44  Reply with Quote
At least 6??? Try closer to 16 years. 160 pts is massive. Last person to do it was Lemieux in '96. And only Gretz and Lemieux have done it. Stevie Y came close in '89 with 155.
Go to Top of Page

Beans15

Canada
8286 Posts

Posted - 12/08/2010 :  06:33:55  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Ya, 160 pts is a stretch. A huge stretch. He's not even on pace for 160 pts, he's on pace for 134. He would have to increase his already other world pace as score 112 pts in the next 53 games. Simply put, there are only two guys in the history of the game who could produce 2+ PPG.

As much as I have changed my opinions on Crosby, I will respectfully disagree that Crosby will get there. Heck, I would confidently say that Crosby will not get more than 125 points.

I smell a wager coming.........
Go to Top of Page

Guest0712
( )

Posted - 12/08/2010 :  07:29:21  Reply with Quote
damn bean, you make me laugh every time i'm on here.;)
Go to Top of Page

n/a
deleted

4809 Posts

Posted - 12/08/2010 :  07:46:52  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Well, first off, I have to admit I have consistently underestimated Mr. Crosby at every turn, so I have learned my lesson. I never thought he would score 40, never mind 50 . . . and I thought that he'd only be able to do it with an elite winger by his side. To achieve the feats he has already accomplished with pylons beside him (yes, I am calling Kunitz a pylon - a B grade second liner pylon) is absolutely remarkable, and three yars ago, was no where CLOSE to anyone's prediction radar.

That all being said, I find it very unlikely that Sid could INCREASE his pace substantially to get 50 in 50. Bless him for trying with the low scoring Pens, but I can't see him playing much better than right now - he is head and shoulders above Stamkos and Ovechkin (and Malkin) at this moment in terms of play.

So yes, for me to predict Sidney Crosby gets 50 in 50 this year would be like, say, last year predicting that an elite set-up guy with an all time high of 39 goals could win the Rocket Richard trophy with 51 goals.

That is to say . . . not very likely, but - the world is full of incredible surprises, and Crosby has surprised all of us before.

"Take off, eh?" - Bob and Doug
Go to Top of Page

Oilearl
PickupHockey Pro

Canada
268 Posts

Posted - 12/08/2010 :  08:23:06  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
don't think he will score 50 in 50, however he continues to impress love him or hate him you can't deny that he is an incredible talent.
Go to Top of Page

Alex116
PickupHockey Legend

6113 Posts

Posted - 12/08/2010 :  13:38:30  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I agree with the "no" votes. I think anyone would need to be above a goal/game pace by game 35-40 to do this. While we're not there yet, it would be a stretch to think he can do much more than he already is with, as has been pointed out, low quality (aka pylon) wingers!
Go to Top of Page

Guest4155
( )

Posted - 12/08/2010 :  19:24:31  Reply with Quote
y'all are haterz,

50 in 50 and 160pts. is a lock.

Oh yeah and the Oilers will win the cup.

Put that in your pipe and smoke it
Go to Top of Page

doublechamp7
PickupHockey Pro

Canada
278 Posts

Posted - 12/08/2010 :  19:40:40  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Guest 4155, can you back that up with some fact ( at least the oilers part)

IM A CHAMPION!
Go to Top of Page

Utemin
PickupHockey Pro

Canada
451 Posts

Posted - 12/08/2010 :  20:04:07  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I don't even think he will get over 60 goals this season. But hey I am an idiot, the only thing I assume that I have guessed right this year is that Letang will get around 50 points.

Don't hate me because i'm Beautiful

Edited by - Utemin on 12/08/2010 20:51:08
Go to Top of Page

Alex116
PickupHockey Legend

6113 Posts

Posted - 12/09/2010 :  09:02:42  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Utemin

I don't even think he will get over 60 goals this season. But hey I am an idiot, the only thing I assume that I have guessed right this year is that Letang will get around 50 points.

Don't hate me because i'm Beautiful

I love honesty......
Go to Top of Page

Guest2287
( )

Posted - 12/09/2010 :  12:04:44  Reply with Quote
he will do it
Go to Top of Page

doublechamp7
PickupHockey Pro

Canada
278 Posts

Posted - 12/09/2010 :  14:29:36  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I think he is going to be close (roughly 47 in fifty or in that range) but once he falls slightly short he will step his game up a bit more( if thats possible) and win the Richard by a landslide

IM A CHAMPION!
Go to Top of Page

MyTeamRules
Top Prospect

72 Posts

Posted - 12/09/2010 :  17:08:57  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Crosby appears off pace at the moment, but if you look closley at his stats, in the last 30 days Crosby has got 17 of his 26 goals. This means that in the 30 days before that Crosby amounted to only 9 goals Meaning he is heating up. If this is not clear enough for you in the last 14 days Crosby has achieved 11 goals. So in the 16 days before that he only got 6 Goals. If Crosby stays on the pace he has set for the last 14 days he will easily reach the 50-50 goal mark!
Go to Top of Page

Alex116
PickupHockey Legend

6113 Posts

Posted - 12/09/2010 :  17:19:23  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by MyTeamRules

Crosby appears off pace at the moment, but if you look closley at his stats, in the last 30 days Crosby has got 17 of his 26 goals. This means that in the 30 days before that Crosby amounted to only 9 goals Meaning he is heating up. If this is not clear enough for you in the last 14 days Crosby has achieved 11 goals. So in the 16 days before that he only got 6 Goals. If Crosby stays on the pace he has set for the last 14 days he will easily reach the 50-50 goal mark!

I can't speak for the others who voted no, but i voted no WITH the knowledge that he is in fact on a very HOT streak right now, the same one you just pointed out. My guess is, he won't keep that pace up for another 20 games and thus fall short. Just my opinion, it could happen, and i really hope it does, but i just don't think it's going to.
Go to Top of Page

nuxfan
PickupHockey All-Star

3670 Posts

Posted - 12/09/2010 :  18:01:36  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
as Crosby approaches 50-in-50, the media attention and pressure on him will mount exponentially. I agree with Alex here that if he was going to have a chance to do it, he would ideally want to be ahead of the pace now, so that he can afford to have a few off games later as we hit 50. The fact that he's behind that pace now puts all that much more pressure on him

Its incredibly difficult in today's NHL to have that level of consistency over the course of 50 games. Gone are the days of 4 and 5 goal games to help you along - so you pretty much have to be producing 1 or 2 goals a night, nearly every night, for 50 games.
Go to Top of Page

The Duke
PickupHockey Veteran

Canada
1239 Posts

Posted - 12/09/2010 :  19:33:44  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
very tough to do considering who his linemates are, surprising he is doing as well as he is.
Go to Top of Page

Guest0977
( )

Posted - 12/10/2010 :  03:46:53  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by slozo

Well, first off, I have to admit I have consistently underestimated Mr. Crosby at every turn, so I have learned my lesson. I never thought he would score 40, never mind 50 . . . and I thought that he'd only be able to do it with an elite winger by his side. To achieve the feats he has already accomplished with pylons beside him (yes, I am calling Kunitz a pylon - a B grade second liner pylon) is absolutely remarkable, and three yars ago, was no where CLOSE to anyone's prediction radar.

That all being said, I find it very unlikely that Sid could INCREASE his pace substantially to get 50 in 50. Bless him for trying with the low scoring Pens, but I can't see him playing much better than right now - he is head and shoulders above Stamkos and Ovechkin (and Malkin) at this moment in terms of play.

So yes, for me to predict Sidney Crosby gets 50 in 50 this year would be like, say, last year predicting that an elite set-up guy with an all time high of 39 goals could win the Rocket Richard trophy with 51 goals.

That is to say . . . not very likely, but - the world is full of incredible surprises, and Crosby has surprised all of us before.

Low scoring pens? They're leading the lead (well tied for it) in goals for. Thats the most inaccurate post I have ever read.
Go to Top of Page

n/a
deleted

4809 Posts

Posted - 12/10/2010 :  10:18:17  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Guest 0977: The most inaccurate post you have ever read? Really? What else was inaccurate in my post, besides calling the Pens low scoring (which is incorrect, but not as incorrect as your poor English or "leading the lead" [league?] comment)?

Philly leads the league right now, and the Pens are tied for second with Washington. Take away Crosby's 26 goals from the Penguin's total of 96, and you have 70 goals. Now take away any goals that may have been as a direct result of Crosby setting someone up (out of 24 assists, I'll throw out the number 12) and you have approximately 58 goals for the Penguins sans Crosby, putting them ahead of only the Isles and Jersey.

So I will admit, I was inaccurate in the way I phrased the Pens as low scoring . . . I should have added in brackets, the Pens without Crosby.

Now, do you have anything else to add? Anything else wrong with the post that disturbed your sensibilities? You have anything of any substance whatsoever to add to any discussion here, other than sniping?

Go to Top of Page

willus3

Canada
1948 Posts

Posted - 12/10/2010 :  18:01:23  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Not sure we'll see him do it this year but it's quite possible in his future seasons. It could very well be just a hot streak as we have seen him go on similar hot streaks in the past, but then again we could be seeing him hitting the beginning of his prime.
All you who didn't have the pleasure of seeing Lemieux, Gretzky and Orr play, treasure this Crosby guy because he really is special. It would seem he can will himself to do what he pleases.
Go to Top of Page

Guest0387
( )

Posted - 05/31/2011 :  16:13:01  Reply with Quote
jeez, a few other guys are probably morle likely

im talking about ovi or stamkos or maybe one of the sedins

crosby might even be retired because of the concussion so it is highly unlikely
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
Jump To: