Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Search
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?
 All Forums
 Hockey Forums
Allow Anonymous Posting forum... User Polls
 Lucic on Spacek Allow Anonymous Users Reply to This Topic...
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Alex116
PickupHockey Legend

6113 Posts

Posted - 04/27/2011 :  14:18:04  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Only just saw this now. Heard there will be no suspension and that Lucic will play in game 7 tonight. What'd'ya think?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H7rP98e-4dM

Guest2754
( )

Posted - 04/27/2011 :  14:38:20  Reply with Quote
It's not Bostons fault that the average bantam age hockey team would be able to physically dominate this Montreal hockey team. Ive never seen a smaller less pysical team than this one in the NHL. If they want to stop picking themselves off the ice start drafting and signing some real hockey players, not smurfs and midgets.
Go to Top of Page

Pasty7
PickupHockey Veteran

Canada
2312 Posts

Posted - 04/27/2011 :  14:41:42  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Alex116

Only just saw this now. Heard there will be no suspension and that Lucic will play in game 7 tonight. What'd'ya think?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H7rP98e-4dM

I think the call was right on,, i can understand why Lucic protested Spacek did turn on him, but when he begins the check he can see part of Spacek's numbers and he has got to know that Spacke's only play is to throw the puck in the corner which makes him turn his back, it's one i think the NHL got bang on, he shouldn't get suspended because it is one of those hockey plays that happens so fast you can't really blame Lucic but at the same time it is checking from behind square on Spacek's numbers so he has to be peanalized and getting tossed from a very close game where he could have been helpfull is punishment enough for that hit!

"I led the league in "Go get 'em next time." - Bob Uecker
Go to Top of Page

Pasty7
PickupHockey Veteran

Canada
2312 Posts

Posted - 04/27/2011 :  14:46:20  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Guest2754

It's not Bostons fault that the average bantam age hockey team would be able to physically dominate this Montreal hockey team. Ive never seen a smaller less pysical team than this one in the NHL. If they want to stop picking themselves off the ice start drafting and signing some real hockey players, not smurfs and midgets.

if being big is so important why are the habs and bruins going to game 7? and the habs have arguably been the better team this series all around? this kind of comment shows me you havn't watched the habs play very much because Gionta Cammalleri (two of the habs so called smurfs) have knocked guys like Chara and Horton Lucic off the puck and actually played very physical, oh and they have also played better in this series than any player on the bruins roster.. not bad for two smurfs huh? don't just look at the players height and automaticly decide nthey are not physical if that were the case Jordin Tootoo must be a push over aswell....

Go to Top of Page

Guest0037
( )

Posted - 04/27/2011 :  15:53:52  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Pasty7

quote:
Originally posted by Guest2754

if being big is so important why are the habs and bruins going to game 7? and the habs have arguably been the better team this series all around? this kind of comment shows me you havn't watched the habs play very much because Gionta Cammalleri (two of the habs so called smurfs) have knocked guys like Chara and Horton Lucic off the puck and actually played very physical, oh and they have also played better in this series than any player on the bruins roster.. not bad for two smurfs huh? don't just look at the players height and automaticly decide nthey are not physical if that were the case Jordin Tootoo must be a push over aswell....

Not only have they pushed the BIG bad bruins to game seven - these "small" HABS have proven to be better than more than half the Estern Conference in the past several years...
How's THAT sit with you??
Maybe you think bigger is better 'cause of your own personal inferiority complex?
Go to Top of Page

Guest0037
( )

Posted - 04/27/2011 :  15:56:27  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Guest0037

quote:

[quote]Originally posted by Guest2754

Not only have they pushed the BIG bad bruins to game seven - these "small" HABS have proven to be better than more than half the Estern Conference in the past several years...
How's THAT sit with you??
Maybe you think bigger is better 'cause of your own personal inferiority complex?

this was intended for the guest 2754, and not Patsy7
Go to Top of Page

Guest9219
( )

Posted - 04/27/2011 :  16:01:06  Reply with Quote
I be extremely happy too, if may team was 6th, 7th or 8th the last few years. I agree with you that they overachieved. I had them down with Leafs, Islanders, and Panthers.
Go to Top of Page

nuxfan
PickupHockey All-Star

3670 Posts

Posted - 04/27/2011 :  16:33:34  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I was not surprised that Lucic was not suspended, and I would not have been surprised if he was. I've stopped trying to logically determine if an infraction is suspendable anymore, the NHL seems to make it up as they go along.
Go to Top of Page

ToXXiK1
PickupHockey Pro

Canada
696 Posts

Posted - 04/28/2011 :  02:09:02  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Richards drills Connoly - minor penalty, Lucic drills Spacek - game?
I have no issues with the call, but, c'mon refs, let's try and be a little consistant on the calls?
Go to Top of Page

Guest6135
( )

Posted - 04/28/2011 :  18:47:38  Reply with Quote
Garbage call. Two minute minor at most. Thank you spacek for selling the s*** out of that. Guy is back on the bench after two minutes. Typical for Montreal . Glad I won't have to watch them play again until next season.
Go to Top of Page

Pasty7
PickupHockey Veteran

Canada
2312 Posts

Posted - 04/28/2011 :  20:03:05  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Guest6135

Garbage call. Two minute minor at most. Thank you spacek for selling the s*** out of that. Guy is back on the bench after two minutes. Typical for Montreal . Glad I won't have to watch them play again until next season.

it's a good thing he had that ketchup bottle in his right glove to fake the pool of blood on the ice,,,

Go to Top of Page

Guest6135
( )

Posted - 04/28/2011 :  20:23:37  Reply with Quote
Pool of blood??? Typical of habs fans to exaggerate the injuries to their players. It was a light cut, hardly more than a scratch. And it only happened because of that embarassingly large visor he wears. #windshield
Go to Top of Page

Pasty7
PickupHockey Veteran

Canada
2312 Posts

Posted - 04/28/2011 :  20:46:00  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:

Pool of blood??? Typical of habs fans to exaggerate the injuries to their players. It was a light cut, hardly more than a scratch. And it only happened because of that embarassingly large visor he wears. #windshield

stop it at 1.30,, he deffinetly faked this injury no question typical just typical!

you're right there was absolutly no blood,,,

Edited by - Pasty7 on 04/28/2011 20:53:09
Go to Top of Page

Alex116
PickupHockey Legend

6113 Posts

Posted - 04/28/2011 :  21:51:04  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Damn Pasty, that Bruins logo is tough to deal with. I saw the guest post that says "typical Habs fan.....blah blah blah...." and thought it was actually Tox putting the sarcastic turn on the hit. Alas, it was you!

6135.....It's pretty clear you don't follow NHL hockey much. Either that or you have a serious hatred of the Habs. Even though there's been a ton of inconsistency on calls and especially suspensions, that Lucic hit was definitely called correctly!

Go to Top of Page

ToXXiK1
PickupHockey Pro

Canada
696 Posts

Posted - 04/29/2011 :  01:58:16  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:

I beieve I heard commentator state he got 5-6 stitches, hardly a scratch.
Go to Top of Page

Guest6135
( )

Posted - 04/29/2011 :  14:42:47  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by ToXXiK1

I beieve I heard commentator state he got 5-6 stitches, hardly a scratch.

Since when do bob Cole/ Glenn healy know what they're talking about? Spacek got no stiches. You can look it up. He was down on the ice for longer than he was in the room. What kind of bruins fan are you?

Go to Top of Page

Guest6135
( )

Posted - 04/29/2011 :  14:47:01  Reply with Quote
quote:

stop it at 1.30,, he deffinetly faked this injury no question typical just typical!

you're right there was absolutly no blood,,,

did you even read my post?
Go to Top of Page

Guest6135
( )

Posted - 04/29/2011 :  14:54:14  Reply with Quote
quote:

Damn Pasty, that Bruins logo is tough to deal with. I saw the guest post that says "typical Habs fan.....blah blah blah...." and thought it was actually Tox putting the sarcastic turn on the hit. Alas, it was you!

6135.....It's pretty clear you don't follow NHL hockey much. Either that or you have a serious hatred of the Habs. Even though there's been a ton of inconsistency on calls and especially suspensions, that Lucic hit was definitely called correctly!

I do hate the habs. But it's because of crap like this. What should have been a two minute minor got turned into a game misconduct because their appeared to be head injury. Except it turned out spacek wasn't injured. He didn't even miss a shift. Just garbage. As a hockey fan it makes me sick to see players sell calls like that. And Montreal players do it all the time
Go to Top of Page

fat_elvis_rocked
PickupHockey Pro

Canada
902 Posts

Posted - 04/29/2011 :  15:11:45  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
And the award for 'Least Likely To Recognize Sarcasm', goes to........

I do have a question though, I saw the clip, but not the game, did Spacek have to take the 15 minute quiet room break after the hit, that is mandatory if there is concern over a head injury?
Go to Top of Page

Guest0037
( )

Posted - 04/29/2011 :  15:18:53  Reply with Quote
quote:

quote:

I do hate the habs. But it's because of crap like this. What should have been a two minute minor got turned into a game misconduct because their appeared to be head injury. Except it turned out spacek wasn't injured. He didn't even miss a shift. Just garbage. As a hockey fan it makes me sick to see players sell calls like that. And Montreal players do it all the time

maybe YOU should have worn a helmet, let alone a visor... sounds like too many hits to the head on you man
Go to Top of Page

freddyboy
Rookie

Canada
218 Posts

Posted - 04/29/2011 :  15:36:45  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by fat_elvis_rocked

And the award for 'Least Likely To Recognize Sarcasm', goes to........

I do have a question though, I saw the clip, but not the game, did Spacek have to take the 15 minute quiet room break after the hit, that is mandatory if there is concern over a head injury?

i was at the Bell Center and he came back after 15 regular mins, not 15 mins of hockey played on the ice.

And Spacek did miss shifts for guest 6135, proof is Weber played shift at defense during his absence....

joe is a god, if u dont agree....i dont care
Go to Top of Page

Alex116
PickupHockey Legend

6113 Posts

Posted - 04/29/2011 :  16:18:50  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:

quote:

Yeah, whatever. First off, watch the clip again http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H7rP98e-4dM and if your opinion is the same, then clearly your Hab hatred is clouding your judgement, otherwise i'll have to call you a bunch of degrading names, filled with obscenities and since that's against the rules, i know you'll see otherwise .

Look at the slo-mo around the 13 second mark and tell me Spacek was faking it. His head is crushed into the boards and you, in all your wisdom (drip drip goes the sarcasm in case you missed it again), blame it on the fact he wears a visor.

Go to Top of Page

Guest2723
( )

Posted - 04/29/2011 :  18:09:11  Reply with Quote
Montreal players are notorious for faking injuries. I can go back to the Claude Lemieux era . He was one of the all time worst, More recently that liitle puke, Mike Riberio was well known for faking injuries. Its the culture of that team and is why I and many other absolutely hate that team. They really should be playing Soccer. How can Richards on Connolly be two minutes and Lucic recieve five and a game??????

I don't know how Boston managed to win the series with such bias against them but I for one am very happy they did and nothing anyone says otherwise will change my mind. I mean 3 two man advantages for the full two minutes and Boston got none. Come on!!!!
Go to Top of Page

Pasty7
PickupHockey Veteran

Canada
2312 Posts

Posted - 04/29/2011 :  20:28:04  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Guest2723

Montreal players are notorious for faking injuries. I can go back to the Claude Lemieux era . He was one of the all time worst, More recently that liitle puke, Mike Riberio was well known for faking injuries. Its the culture of that team and is why I and many other absolutely hate that team. They really should be playing Soccer. How can Richards on Connolly be two minutes and Lucic recieve five and a game??????

I don't know how Boston managed to win the series with such bias against them but I for one am very happy they did and nothing anyone says otherwise will change my mind. I mean 3 two man advantages for the full two minutes and Boston got none. Come on!!!!

you re absolutly right it was insane the bias against the bruins, and the series really only went to 7 games because of this bias, The bruins slow un organized game is truly the fault of the officials, Spacek is as bad as Sean Avery and Dan Carcillo with his stupid dives and fakeing... i herd from my friends brother's uncle's sister in law who know the Bruins towel boy that Spacek had a razor hidden in his glove and cut himself open to make sure Lucic who was clearly the Bruins best player and could easily all by himself scored 12 goals that game and ended the series, would get kicked out of the game and hopefully suspended. It had nothing to do with a 220lbs pound man travelling at a high speed checking Spacek from behind, hell he should have been expecting the hit since he was standing on the redline dumping the puck in,, and lets face it it happended so fast there is no way Lucic could have held up oh and spacek and that ugly visor. If the refs weren't so against the Bruins they would have given Spacek a 4 min double minor for wearing an ugly visor that cuts him on clean hits for no apparent reason except to screw over the Boston Bruins by fakeing an injury!

this is what you sound like guest you call hab fans exagerators and fakers and blablabla re read your post and then read my original post,, who sounds more credible, if you still think ure right and its spacek's ugly visors fault,,, or Lucic should be exempt from the Hitting from behind or Boarding penalties in the NHL or that it was the bias towards the habs than extended this series and not the fact that the habs were at least as good as the bruins in EVERY single game this series than you are completely lost and i'm glad this is a forum and i can just stop reading your post full of nothing but bias and bull ...

Go to Top of Page

Alex116
PickupHockey Legend

6113 Posts

Posted - 04/30/2011 :  10:01:20  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Well said Pasty, but really these kind of clowns, errrr, posters, aren't even worth your time. Anyone who chimes in with a ".....and nothing anyone says otherwise will change my mind." are far too shallow and biased to even bother with!
Go to Top of Page

Pasty7
PickupHockey Veteran

Canada
2312 Posts

Posted - 04/30/2011 :  10:52:56  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:

Well said Pasty, but really these kind of clowns, errrr, posters, aren't even worth your time. Anyone who chimes in with a ".....and nothing anyone says otherwise will change my mind." are far too shallow and biased to even bother with!

surprised you knew it was me alex... figured you would start that post .."well said tox" hahah

Go to Top of Page

Alex116
PickupHockey Legend

6113 Posts

Posted - 04/30/2011 :  15:56:34  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:

surprised you knew it was me alex... figured you would start that post .."well said tox" hahah

Lol, had to double check!
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page