Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Search
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?
 All Forums
 Hockey Forums
Allow Anonymous Posting forum... User Polls
 Boston vs. Tampa Bay Allow Anonymous Users Reply to This Topic...
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Sensfan101
PickupHockey Pro

Canada
500 Posts

Posted - 05/07/2011 :  10:44:20  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Poll Question:
Who do you think will win?

Choices:

Boston
Tampa Bay

semin-rules
PickupHockey Veteran

Canada
1915 Posts

Posted - 05/07/2011 :  12:44:52  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Boston in 6
I don't think Roloson can stay this hot much longer, and B's defence is just too strong
Go to Top of Page

nuxfan
PickupHockey All-Star

3670 Posts

Posted - 05/07/2011 :  13:17:26  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I think Boston too - they're a more complete team than TB.
Go to Top of Page

Guest2735
( )

Posted - 05/08/2011 :  07:22:47  Reply with Quote
Boston in five or six games. Regular season Boston 3 games to one.

Goaltending: Advantage Boston, Going with the Vezina winner, Vezina finalist, and record holder for all time save percentage and goals against average Timmy Thomas. (although Roloson is playing very good)

Defence: Advantage Boston, With the Noris winning Chara and a very underatred Siedenberg along with two steady performers in Ference and McQuaid and late season aquisition Kaberle the Bruins top 5 are better than T.Bs top 5.

Offence:Slight advantage Tampa Bay, The top line in St.louis, Lecavalier and (Purcell, Stamkos) is better than Bostons Horton Krecji and Lucic, however Bostons 2nd and 3rd lines should be better than Tampa's
Go to Top of Page

The Duke
PickupHockey Veteran

Canada
1239 Posts

Posted - 05/08/2011 :  07:58:20  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
This series is tough to call. If Roloston can compete with Thomas then this could be a long gruelling one.

Teams with speed give Boston the fits ( the Bruins are not a fast bunch, team speed is their achillies heel ), a speedy crew are maybe the only type of team who can beat the Bruins right now...eg...Montreal.

Tampa has team speed ( almost as fast as Montreal ) plus Tampa has much more skill than the Canadians had....BUT...Montreal is more defensive minded than Tampa. This one is hard to predict...as i stated above, if Roloston shows up big, don`t be surprised if Tampa plays for lord stanley.
Go to Top of Page

Guest9851
( )

Posted - 05/08/2011 :  08:10:37  Reply with Quote
It all depends on how long Bergeron is out for. The longer he is out the more likely TB will win. Bergeron will be key in slowing down St-Louis.

I like Boston in 6 with Bergeron in and Tampa in 7 without Bergeron.
Go to Top of Page

Guest0750
( )

Posted - 05/08/2011 :  08:53:15  Reply with Quote
Guest2735 http://www.hhof.com/html/r&rGAA.shtml should clear up the goals against average, that tim thomas does not hold the record for, and did you realize that Roloston has the fourth best save % for a season only hasek and thomas have better, and over all hasek still has thomas beat on save %. tampa bay in 7, but it all depends on the goalies.
Go to Top of Page

ryan93
PickupHockey Pro

Canada
996 Posts

Posted - 05/08/2011 :  10:08:20  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Guest0750

Guest2735 http://www.hhof.com/html/r&rGAA.shtml should clear up the goals against average, that tim thomas does not hold the record for, and did you realize that Roloston has the fourth best save % for a season only hasek and thomas have better, and over all hasek still has thomas beat on save %. tampa bay in 7, but it all depends on the goalies.

And i should clear up the spelling, it's Dwayne ROLOSON
Go to Top of Page

ToXXiK1
PickupHockey Pro

Canada
696 Posts

Posted - 05/09/2011 :  04:40:01  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Boston in 6 or less, with or without Bergeron, Go Seguin!
Go to Top of Page

n/a
deleted

4809 Posts

Posted - 05/09/2011 :  05:36:25  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I was on the verge of picking Beantown . . . but with Bergeron out, it's over. Seriously. Krejci has been very very good, but now he will get all of the attention with Bergeron out, and I think the Bruins just don't have enough offence. Bergeron was not only the top offensive star this playoffs, but he's tops for faceoffs, is great defensively . . . no, I just can't see Boston winning this unless Thomas absolutely stands on his head for a series.

TB in 6. It's still a tough call, but that's where I am at right now.

"Take off, eh?" - Bob and Doug
Go to Top of Page

ryan93
PickupHockey Pro

Canada
996 Posts

Posted - 05/09/2011 :  06:09:11  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Simon Gagne is expected to practise with the team today for the first time since suffering an expected concussion in Game 1 against the Caps. Sounds like he'll be good to go for the opener against the Bruins.
Go to Top of Page

Mario 66
PickupHockey Pro

Canada
360 Posts

Posted - 05/09/2011 :  06:55:50  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Can someone explain to me how you give the bruins the advantage in playoff goaltending? Thomas has been a notorious playoff choker in yrs past, while Roloson has done nothing but win. Not only does Roloson have the lowest GAA & highest save percentage the man is still undefeated in elimination games EVER. TB has been outshot in every game this playoffs the same way the oilers where outplayed when they had their playoff run yrs ago & in the infamous words of a notorious alcoholic Roloson is "STILL WINNING". Ya, Thomas had a great regular season the same as he did when he won the Vezina two yrs ago & I love the guys heart, but TB simply has two many guys rolling now to be slowed down little own stopped.

I like the Bruins team concept, but with TB's 1 3 1 death trap, Roloson proven success & all four of TB's lines rolling I will go with the team with more snipers, dynamite special teams & more offensive depth.

TB in 6

In youth we learn; in age we understand
Go to Top of Page

Guest5505
( )

Posted - 05/09/2011 :  16:22:38  Reply with Quote
I am hoping tampa, but it is going to be a good series. tampa has speed and a third line that is killing teams if stamkos shows up it could get good but if rolo fails team will fall with him
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page