Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Search
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?
 All Forums
 Hockey Forums
Allow Anonymous Posting forum... General Hockey Chat
 Glass Bangers Allow Anonymous Users Reply to This Topic...
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Guest4178
( )

Posted - 05/25/2011 :  09:28:22  Reply with Quote
I thought I would open up a new thread to get people's opinions on fans who bang the glass at hockey games.

What are your thoughts? Are they annoying? I think some rinks (Rexall in Edmonton?) do not allow glass banging. I seem to recall seeing ushers go up to "glass bangers" telling them to stop when they see this happening. Is this going to far in your opinion, or do fans find "glass bangers" entertaining (or acceptable in how they make their noise)?

(FYI – a "glass banger" is different than a "glass knocker," the latter being a fan who chooses to criticize Tanner Glass of the Vancouver Canucks.)

Beans15

Canada
8286 Posts

Posted - 05/25/2011 :  10:17:56  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I don't have a problem when the play is stopped. While I was watching the game yesterday I noticed a number of the fans jump up and bang on the glass while play is going on or complaining about the refs by banging on the glass. Personally, I don't want to be the guy sitting behind those guys. I paid to watch the game, not watch you bang on the glass.

Go to Top of Page

spade632
Rookie

Canada
247 Posts

Posted - 05/26/2011 :  06:40:17  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I can't stand the glass bangers. I think they look like idiots.

Don't get my wrong, i'm all for fans making noise and showing their support for the team (whether it's by body painting, body suits, throwing an octopus or whatever) but the people who bang on the glass just come off looking like monkeys or something trapped in a cage.
Go to Top of Page

Guest2712
( )

Posted - 05/26/2011 :  10:05:24  Reply with Quote
i agree with Beans. as long as the play is stopped, go ahead and bang away. don't bother me none.
but when the game is on, sit your butt down so i can see. same goes with those morons who stand up everytime the camera pans through their section of seats.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page