Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Search
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?
 All Forums
 Hockey Forums
Allow Anonymous Posting forum... User Polls
 How much would you pay for finals tickets Allow Anonymous Users Reply to This Topic...
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

nuxfan
PickupHockey All-Star

3670 Posts

Posted - 05/30/2011 :  15:31:51  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Poll Question:
The Canucks release their tickets for sale tomorrow morning, but I caught a glimpse of prices, and they are steep. Range goes from 281 to 931 per ticket, which is enormous - never mind what scalpers will eventually charge.

It got me wondering - how much would you all pay for a single ticket to a Stanley Cup finals game?

Choices:

no amount, I''d never pay those prices
up to $281 (the lowest price)
up to $500
I''d pay $931 per ticket
I''d pay any amount

leigh

Canada
1755 Posts

Posted - 05/30/2011 :  16:02:26  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Single tickets are currently available for Wednesday's game for $198 which I thought was reasonable (relatively speaking of course)
Go to Top of Page

Alex116
PickupHockey Legend

6113 Posts

Posted - 05/30/2011 :  16:05:25  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I said up to $500, but if it were game 7, i'd prob pay more, maybe even up to $1500? It's tough though, if they lost that game 7, i'd be crushed AND broke!

Go to Top of Page

Beans15

Canada
8286 Posts

Posted - 05/30/2011 :  16:26:20  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I would not pay that much for a ticket. I think normal tickets are too much. Unless I am going for free, I'm not paying for a ticket.

I have far more fun at a sports bar with people or parading down the street after a win. But that's just me. I have watched my team win 5 Cups so I have been there/done that. I can also appreciate the die-hard fans and their desire to see their team win. However, this is game 1 and 2, not a clinching game.

I spent around than $900 a person to spend 4 days Arizona to golf in Feb. I would much rather do that than watch a hockey game I can see for free.
Go to Top of Page

nuxfan
PickupHockey All-Star

3670 Posts

Posted - 05/30/2011 :  16:33:48  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Single tickets are currently available for Wednesday's game for $198 which I thought was reasonable (relatively speaking of course)

Leigh, I read the same thing, but I just got off the ticketmaster site, and the lowest priced ticket is 281 CAD (for Upperbowl IV, which is behind the net, back of the house). So I'm not sure where the 198 tickets are, unless the Canucks are going to offer up standing room seats...

or perhaps those will be available when the tickets go on sale to the general public tomorrow morning? I was able to get on for a before-the-public offering with the season tix...

Edited by - nuxfan on 05/30/2011 16:34:52
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page