Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Search
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?
 All Forums
 Hockey Forums
Allow Anonymous Posting forum... User Polls
 Division Winners Allow Anonymous Users Reply to This Topic...
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Novie
PickupHockey Pro

Canada
452 Posts

Posted - 03/28/2007 :  05:24:39  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Poll Question:
With three Southeast Division teams teetering between missing the playoffs and winning their division, do you agree with the Division winners getting the 3rd seed and Home ice in the 1st round?

Go Sens
Crosby is God
Tucker is a douche

Choices:

Love it
Hate it
No preference

Novie
PickupHockey Pro

Canada
452 Posts

Posted - 03/28/2007 :  05:28:32  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I like the fact that it creates competition for that spot, but hate the fact that it's an automatic 3-spot. Maybe give them no worse than 4th, so they get 1 round of home ice guaranteed, and not against a 6-seed.

Now, that being said, in these cases the 6-seed often takes out the three, rendering the entire process useless.

Ok, I voted "Love it", but maybe I should put an option in for "kinda like it sometimes" because that's obviously where I'm at on this one.

Go Sens
Crosby is God
Tucker is a douche
Go to Top of Page

Buddyno2000
PickupHockey Pro

Canada
606 Posts

Posted - 03/28/2007 :  09:36:34  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I hate that. Well its ok to give them a sure playoff spott but not 3rd. they sould put them where the standings would put them but nothing lower than 8. Why would the team that finished 6 be hable to play against a worst team than the team who finished in the 5th spot( play 4th).

Go leafs Go by the way
Go to Top of Page

PuckNuts
PickupHockey Veteran

Canada
2414 Posts

Posted - 03/28/2007 :  10:54:06  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I have no problem if a team wins its division that they should be in the playoffs, let them be in whatever place that their points has them ranked, but no worse than 8th place...

The best way to convince a fool that he is wrong is to let him have his own way...
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page