Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Search
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?
 All Forums
 Hockey Forums
Allow Anonymous Posting forum... User Polls
 Worst team Allow Anonymous Users Reply to This Topic...
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Sensfan101
PickupHockey Pro

Canada
500 Posts

Posted - 08/14/2011 :  13:36:02  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Poll Question:
Who do you think will have the worst record in the upcoming season?

Choices:

Ottawa
Edmonton
Dallas
Pheonix
Florida
New York Islanders
Colorado
Other

Edited by - Sensfan101 on 08/14/2011 13:36:31

nuxfan
PickupHockey All-Star

3670 Posts

Posted - 08/14/2011 :  14:16:47  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
hate to say it sensfan, but I think your team is it. Alfie and Gonchar are getting old, and after Spezza and Anderson, they have nothing that stands out. Its probably going to be a long year in Ottawa.
Go to Top of Page

n/a
deleted

4809 Posts

Posted - 08/14/2011 :  14:27:18  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I don't mind piling in on the Sens, and I voted them to finish last . . . but it could be close. To really be the worst team in the league, generally, some stuff happens that is impossibe to predict - key injuries, no outstanding years from any player, competent goalie sucks/injured, etc.

But they sure look like they might suck badly this year. Could be Alfresson's last year, Spezza is there all alone basically at this point.

I might look very strongly at Ottawa for my rookie picks, as there will be lots of youngsters getting a chance, and if one of them clicks with Spezza, could be a huge stats boost. But that's about all from Ottawa this year, I suspect.

"Take off, eh?" - Bob and Doug
Go to Top of Page

Sensfan101
PickupHockey Pro

Canada
500 Posts

Posted - 08/14/2011 :  14:43:00  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Yeah I think it could end up being Ottawa finishing last but it seems like they always play better when they have nothing to play for. I would not be surprised if they went on a winning streak after being officially eliminated from the playoffs. That's what they did last year.

You miss 100 percent of the shots you don't take Wayne Gretzky
Go to Top of Page

Guest4312
( )

Posted - 08/15/2011 :  07:26:14  Reply with Quote
should have thrown a couple darkhorse teams in here becuase guaranteed one of the bottom three teams in the league is not on this list. i think ottawa, dallas, and phoenix will all have major trouble this year. teams like calgary, carolina, minnesota, nashville, new jersey, st. louis, toronto, winnipeg could all be one major injury away from being in last place.
Go to Top of Page

Alex116
PickupHockey Legend

6113 Posts

Posted - 08/15/2011 :  10:39:53  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Guest4312

should have thrown a couple darkhorse teams in here becuase guaranteed one of the bottom three teams in the league is not on this list. i think ottawa, dallas, and phoenix will all have major trouble this year. teams like calgary, carolina, minnesota, nashville, new jersey, st. louis, toronto, winnipeg could all be one major injury away from being in last place.

Really? Even without Iggy (Flames), Staal (Hurricanes), Kovalchuk OR Parise (Devils), etc, i don't see how any of those teams could possibly be last place in the league???

Parise was missing pretty much ALL last year, and the Devils still almost made the playoffs!!!
Go to Top of Page

Guest4312
( )

Posted - 08/15/2011 :  10:50:45  Reply with Quote
for the hurricanes i meant cam ward.
and no one on the flames can score other than iggy...?
i still don't know which half season was the real devils.
Go to Top of Page

Beans15

Canada
8286 Posts

Posted - 08/15/2011 :  14:52:50  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Calgary had 5 players with more than 20 goals and 7 with more than 40 pts. Calgary is a deeper team than Iginla, that for sure.

As far as the other teams listed, I don't think there is a team in the NHL that would lose their entire season based on one player being injured.

To the question at hand, it's hard not to see how Ottawa won't be the worst team in the NHL. They have openly been in rebuild mode since the middle of last season and as those of us in TO and EDM can attest, a rebuild is a 2+ year process. Outside of Ottawa, I still see tough times in Florida and Colorado. I also don't think Carolina did anything to get better and Atlanta Winnipeg will struggle.

I see better things on the horizon for the Oilers, Minnesota, Columbus, Toronto, and the Islanders. However, I don't think any of those teams except for perhaps Minnesota will be in the playoffs in April.
Go to Top of Page

MrBoogedy
Rookie

Canada
195 Posts

Posted - 08/16/2011 :  21:11:06  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I hate to jump on the bandwagon, but I also believe Ottawa will be in 30th place with a wide margin between them and 29th. The more interesting question may be, who do you expect to be in 29th place? lol. For me, the answer to that would have to be Florida. I know their trying to build like the Hawks did, but I'm just not feeling it for them.
Go to Top of Page

n/a
deleted

4809 Posts

Posted - 08/17/2011 :  05:06:30  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Good question, Mr. Boogedy.

I think the Oilers have a chance to finish second last or worse, but the wheels would have to fall off the Kabibulin wagon. Like I said, predicting the worst team is tough, because it often hinges on factors that are difficult to predict. But for now, I'd give them a shot to finish bottom three, for sure.

Past that, it's very tough . . . in the west, I can see Phoenix, Dallas, St.Louis, even Columbus failing miserably - but some bad things would have to happen.

In the east, Florida, the Islanders, Winnipeg could compete for the bottom as well, but other "bad" things would also have to happen.

So, bottom line - my bottom three teams?

30 - Sens
29 - Oil
28 - Winnipeg

"Take off, eh?" - Bob and Doug
Go to Top of Page

Oilearl
PickupHockey Pro

Canada
268 Posts

Posted - 08/17/2011 :  17:45:23  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
maybe throw Toronto in there too
Go to Top of Page

MrBoogedy
Rookie

Canada
195 Posts

Posted - 08/17/2011 :  21:11:44  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I'm always ready to throw toronto on the bottom of the pile.

I gotta good feeling about 'peg though. They may have been a crappy Atlanta team...but we'll just have to see.
Go to Top of Page

Guest7752
( )

Posted - 08/22/2011 :  08:41:37  Reply with Quote
I voted Phoenix.
Without Bryz in goal stealing a game here and there... I don't think Mike Smith or Labarbera can steal many games with the "less stronger" Defence supporting them them this year.
Go to Top of Page

Pasty7
PickupHockey Veteran

Canada
2312 Posts

Posted - 08/22/2011 :  18:47:41  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
a lot of people have the jets at the bottom, for most of last season they were a playoff team and seem to have just run out of steam near the end which had a lot to do with injury to pavlec i believe, if Ennstrom and Byfulglien have similar years not to mention Bogosian is a stud i am sure he is going to bounce back strong from an off year, that makes for a pretty good top 3 d men and all still young and entering their prime ad in Oduya that is a very very good top 4 d men. Hainsey and Stuart round out a cery respectable top 6 d men in my opinion.

Up front they have a lot of talent ready to break out a 65 point campagine is not out of the question for Evander Kane, Anthony Stewart is another with potential for a 50 point season, whos to say Ladd dosen`t take another huge step forward this season and score 35 goals and 40 some helpers, he`s what 26 he s just coming into his prime, both Little and Wheeler are only 23 and 24 respectivly and both have had 50 point seasons already they to could be poised to step it up to the next level,

Pavlec is a solid starting goalie and i`m not sure if he is still under contract but if he is Mason is a soilid back up ,

what i`m sayin is this is not a sure thing playoff team but they have the right tools and if their players take a step forward this year in their progression this team will be competative night in night out forsure and will push for a playoff spot i see them more as a 9th or 10th place team

"I led the league in "Go get 'em next time." - Bob Uecker
Go to Top of Page

Guest4312
( )

Posted - 08/23/2011 :  07:55:46  Reply with Quote
anthony stewart was signed by carolina this offseason. but otherwise the young talent should take a step forward... i would say the travel schedule for this year will be too much for winnipeg to have great success and they will be in the 8th - 11th spot by the end of the year. however there is a lot to be excited about... the defense is solid and the offense should continue to get better. evander kane will soon be one of the best power forwards in the league and i think this is the year blake wheeler warrants his 5th overall selection status. bryan little's playmaking will benefit from the two previously mentioned finishers and andrew ladd will be the team swiss army knife. overall the team should be extremely competitive in the next 3-5 years if pavelec is a bonafide #1
Go to Top of Page

Pasty7
PickupHockey Veteran

Canada
2312 Posts

Posted - 08/23/2011 :  08:20:35  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Guest4312

anthony stewart was signed by carolina this offseason. but otherwise the young talent should take a step forward... i would say the travel schedule for this year will be too much for winnipeg to have great success and they will be in the 8th - 11th spot by the end of the year. however there is a lot to be excited about... the defense is solid and the offense should continue to get better. evander kane will soon be one of the best power forwards in the league and i think this is the year blake wheeler warrants his 5th overall selection status. bryan little's playmaking will benefit from the two previously mentioned finishers and andrew ladd will be the team swiss army knife. overall the team should be extremely competitive in the next 3-5 years if pavelec is a bonafide #1

It's true i remember Stewrt leaving now and thinking why would they let him get away

"I led the league in "Go get 'em next time." - Bob Uecker
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page