Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Search
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?
 All Forums
 Hockey Forums
Allow Anonymous Posting forum... Trash Talk
 Get off your knees Sid, you're blowing the game!!! Allow Anonymous Users Reply to This Topic...
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
Previous Page | Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 6

Guest6930
( )

Posted - 04/04/2007 :  18:56:43  Reply with Quote
Sid is not as good a player today as Gretzky was in his second year. More physically gifted for sure, but not a better player at this point.

Doesn't that just show how good Crosby really is though? The fact that you're comparing him to Wayne Gretzky? The man who, in my humble opinion, is the greatest player to play the game? Crosby may not be as good as Gretzky, but that can hardly be held against him - Gretzky was Gretzky. I just don't understand why people want to knock Crosby; he's only 19, he's going to win the scoring title, and he's only going to get better as he matures. As good as Gretzky? Maybe not, but he's still a phenomenal hockey player who is a treat to watch. Why not just enjoy the guy's talents? To those who dislike him because of the amount of press he gets, well, your opinion is your own, but that seems like a pretty narrow minded approach to me. Crosby doesn't write those articles, the press does and they do it for a reason - because he's very good. Like I said , if you choose to dislike him for that reason, well that's your perogative; myself I'll enjoy watching an extremly gifted player playing the game I love, not worrying about how much press he gets.
Go to Top of Page

ED11
Rookie

Canada
224 Posts

Posted - 04/04/2007 :  19:11:20  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Guest6930...

THANK YOU, THANK YOU, THANK YOU!!! I agree with you 100%.

Crosby WILL be considered in the top 5 players of all time for the simple reason that SOO many people are nit picking him. They are doing that because he IS just that damn good.
Go to Top of Page

PENSFAN8771
Rookie

USA
114 Posts

Posted - 04/04/2007 :  19:13:24  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
While I live in the states and thus feel utterly deprived of hockey highlights, I feel I have a reasonable grasp on the hype you are referring to. However I think you are mistaken hype about him being the BEST player in the league. I don't think the hype is necessarily all about the present, but it is also about the future.

Let's lay it all out here:
But let's dig a little deeper than just the "I don't really like seeing him on TV." That really is just petty. Marketing the future of the league is the way to allow the league to be successful. So, when the media is talking about him as "the next one" or compares him to Gretzky, it catches people's attention. While from the Canadian perspective this may be a moot point because people will fill those rinks and hockey is "naturally" an interest around town. In the States, away arenas are packed to see Crosby. The hype is a good thing for hockey. I don't care if it is about Lecavalier, Thorton, Hossa, Ovechkin or Crosby. Naturally, young talents who were uninvolved in the lockout are better for hyping. They weren't a part of that mess AND we can talk about their potential all day and back it up with great highlights. Ovechkin won't be hyped in the same way because his Russian blood doesn't connect to fans as well. Hate the hype, not the player. Don't waste your time discounting him. Hype is a lame reason to not be a fan of any player. As a hockey fan, it makes sense to live and let the hype be, or even promote it. Contrary to the topic title, he's not blowing the game of hockey at all, but rather serving as an ambassador for the sport. He has been a shining star for the NHL post-lockout and the NHL needs that hype, regardless of its accuracy. I trust the guys who get butts in seats and their jerseys on backs to ensure the success of the league and to do that, hype is needed . . . then again, we could just leave it to Gary Bettman.

As for IHC's question about Tiger:
I think Tiger's accomplishment is more impressive. He not only beat the best in '97, he completely dominated them. Crosby has done well, but he has not dominated an entire sport like Tiger did. Mickelson was talking about him today and saying what he would have to do in order to be on the same level as Tiger, accomplishment-wise, and he was listing the ways he lags behind Tiger ad nauseum - and he's one of the best in his sport.
Go to Top of Page

Saku Steen
PickupHockey Veteran

Canada
1102 Posts

Posted - 04/05/2007 :  03:48:25  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Well I was just a practice yesterday working on my one-timers and I noticed I went on 1 knee after every shot. For Sid it just might be natural like its for me.
Go to Top of Page

leafsfan_101
PickupHockey Veteran

Canada
1530 Posts

Posted - 04/05/2007 :  15:48:10  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Lol great title IHC. Great topic.

Long Live Leafs Nation!!
Go to Top of Page

Leafs Rock Planet
PickupHockey Pro

Canada
902 Posts

Posted - 04/05/2007 :  19:28:25  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I think Crosby gets better aim going down on one knee. Maybe even more power

Leafs 4 Playoffs!!
Go to Top of Page

Buddyno2000
PickupHockey Pro

Canada
606 Posts

Posted - 04/06/2007 :  15:11:39  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Leafs Rock Planet

I think Crosby gets better aim going down on one knee. Maybe even more power

Leafs 4 Playoffs!!

Why is he the only one doing it then ?

Go leafs Go by the way
Go to Top of Page

guinman
Top Prospect

Canada
52 Posts

Posted - 04/07/2007 :  22:19:35  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Buddyno2000

quote:
Originally posted by Beans15

IHC does have some pretty "interesting" posts on here, but I think the over all point is that it appears to some of us that Crosby does certain things to intentionally make things look better or harder than they are. I agree with that.

I personally think that there are a number of players in the league who are better than Crosby. Thorton, Lecavalier, Iginla, Heatley, Hossa, Sakic just to name a few. And that doesn't include defensemen.

I don't like him through association. I am sick of seeing him on TSN every 5 minutes for stupid reasons. And like I said above, there are a number of players in the league that I consider better than him that I rarely see any spotlight on.

Probably one of the best post i've seen in a while . I agree 100% with you Beans

Go leafs Go by the way

Well cry me a river regarding crosby's coverage. !

The rest of Canada is absolutely sick to death of the national over saturation of Leaf coverage we have endured since the CBC and TSN began.

What's a matter? .....Is Sid cuttin' into your leafs coverage?
It's a bloody god-send

!
Go to Top of Page

Canucks Man
PickupHockey Veteran

Canada
1547 Posts

Posted - 04/07/2007 :  22:23:41  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by guinman

quote:
Originally posted by Buddyno2000

quote:

IHC does have some pretty "interesting" posts on here, but I think the over all point is that it appears to some of us that Crosby does certain things to intentionally make things look better or harder than they are. I agree with that.

I personally think that there are a number of players in the league who are better than Crosby. Thorton, Lecavalier, Iginla, Heatley, Hossa, Sakic just to name a few. And that doesn't include defensemen.

I don't like him through association. I am sick of seeing him on TSN every 5 minutes for stupid reasons. And like I said above, there are a number of players in the league that I consider better than him that I rarely see any spotlight on.

Probably one of the best post i've seen in a while . I agree 100% with you Beans

Go leafs Go by the way

Well cry me a river regarding crosby's coverage. !

The rest of Canada is absolutely sick to death of the national over saturation of Leaf coverage we have endured since the CBC and TSN began.

What's a matter? .....Is Sid cuttin' into your leafs coverage?
It's a bloody god-send

!

that really doesnt make any sense because the Penguins were playing the leafs so it wasnt cutting in to the leafs time.

CANUCKS RULE!!!
Get The Towels Out Guys PLAYOFFS!!!
Go to Top of Page

guinman
Top Prospect

Canada
52 Posts

Posted - 04/07/2007 :  22:28:12  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:

The difference is that when Gretzky was in his prime, I didn't get a bazillion sports channels to see him every two seconds. It seems like you can not put on Sportsnet or TSN without seeing Crosby. Gretzky was getting the hype after he had proven everything there is to prove offensively, not as a 2nd year player. And I also don't think Crosby is worth the hype he is getting. Is he a Great player? Yes. Best in the league? Not in my opinion. Deserving of the attention? Not nearly the amount he is gettings. It's not like he is scoring 200+ points like Gretzky did or is +100ish with 100+ points like Orr was. Did Thorton get this much attention last year getting 125 points?? No, Crosby and Ovechkin got the spotlight most of the time.

And I disagree with your part of your opinion. If a player is speedy and shifty and on the edge, his size is irrelevant to a hit. Anyone putting themselves in a vulnerable position and getting hit will be put on their ass. My point was that the player I listed do not put themselves in those positions as much and do not have to to be effective. Look at Peter Forsberg. He's listed at 6'0" 205 lbs. This is 1" taller and 5 lbs more than Crosby. You don't see Forsberg on his ass often and he plays that fast paced style. Datsyuk is another that comes to mind. He is same size as Crosby. I don't see him on the ice as much either.

Beans your age is sure showing.

When Gretzky was in his prime there was NO SPECIALIZED SPORTS CHANNELS OR SPECIALIZED NHL HOCKEY SHOWS! HOW MUCH DO YOU THINK GRETZKY WOULD HAVE BEEN FEATURED IF THE MEDIA WAS THE SAME THEN AS TODAY!?!!!!!

Gretzky had plenty of coverage on regular news and the likes of his day. The media saturation was just not there yet. Somehow this is Crosby's fault? It's his fault that he's such a great player at 19?

Your previous comments suggesting that players like heatley Thorton etc. are more complete players is a complete joke! How many games have you seen Crosby play in? He does more things good away from the puck than Thorton or Heatley does now - nevermind when they we're 19, not even close and positively laughable! LMFAO!! ....and you guys are whining about whether he needs to go on his knees or not! You guys sound pathetic! If Crosby wins the scoring title and is MVP if he pull his pants down and scores with his d*** what difference does this make? It really is petty, weak, and sickening to read.
Go to Top of Page

guinman
Top Prospect

Canada
52 Posts

Posted - 04/07/2007 :  22:34:38  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by guinman

quote:

The difference is that when Gretzky was in his prime, I didn't get a bazillion sports channels to see him every two seconds. It seems like you can not put on Sportsnet or TSN without seeing Crosby. Gretzky was getting the hype after he had proven everything there is to prove offensively, not as a 2nd year player. And I also don't think Crosby is worth the hype he is getting. Is he a Great player? Yes. Best in the league? Not in my opinion. Deserving of the attention? Not nearly the amount he is gettings. It's not like he is scoring 200+ points like Gretzky did or is +100ish with 100+ points like Orr was. Did Thorton get this much attention last year getting 125 points?? No, Crosby and Ovechkin got the spotlight most of the time.

And I disagree with your part of your opinion. If a player is speedy and shifty and on the edge, his size is irrelevant to a hit. Anyone putting themselves in a vulnerable position and getting hit will be put on their ass. My point was that the player I listed do not put themselves in those positions as much and do not have to to be effective. Look at Peter Forsberg. He's listed at 6'0" 205 lbs. This is 1" taller and 5 lbs more than Crosby. You don't see Forsberg on his ass often and he plays that fast paced style. Datsyuk is another that comes to mind. He is same size as Crosby. I don't see him on the ice as much either.

Beans your age is sure showing.

When Gretzky was in his prime there was NO SPECIALIZED SPORTS CHANNELS OR SPECIALIZED NHL HOCKEY SHOWS! HOW MUCH DO YOU THINK GRETZKY WOULD HAVE BEEN FEATURED IF THE MEDIA WAS THE SAME THEN AS TODAY!?!!!!!

Gretzky had plenty of coverage on regular news and the likes of his day. The media saturation was just not there yet. Somehow this is Crosby's fault? It's his fault that he's such a great player at 19?

Your previous comments suggesting that players like heatley Thorton etc. are more complete players is a complete joke! How many games have you seen Crosby play in? He does more things good away from the puck than Thorton or Heatley does now - nevermind when they we're 19, not even close and positively laughable! LMFAO!! ....and you guys are whining about whether he needs to go on his knees or not! You guys sound pathetic! If Crosby wins the scoring title and is MVP if he pull his pants down and scores with his d*** what difference does this make? It really is petty, weak, and sickening to read.

sorry beans I think I quoted the you wrongly here as I'm re-iterating your reply. The last paragraph is directed correctly although not exclusively for you.
Go to Top of Page

STobin9
Top Prospect

Canada
64 Posts

Posted - 04/08/2007 :  07:19:54  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Saku Steen

Well I was just a practice yesterday working on my one-timers and I noticed I went on 1 knee after every shot. For Sid it just might be natural like its for me.

That's hilarious Saku. Comparing yourself to the kid.
But you make a really good point. Sidney may just be doing that naturally. I've seen some players shoot the puck so hard, that they just can't stay on their feet. And that goal he scored from his knees, while sliding across the ice, it's pretty hard to deny that it was a pretty ridiculous goal. Not too many other players would even consider doing that.
Go to Top of Page

Saku Steen
PickupHockey Veteran

Canada
1102 Posts

Posted - 04/08/2007 :  08:42:49  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by STobin9

quote:
Originally posted by Saku Steen

That's hilarious Saku. Comparing yourself to the kid.
But you make a really good point. Sidney may just be doing that naturally. I've seen some players shoot the puck so hard, that they just can't stay on their feet. And that goal he scored from his knees, while sliding across the ice, it's pretty hard to deny that it was a pretty ridiculous goal. Not too many other players would even consider doing that.

I wasnt comparing himself to me, other players probably do it to. Brett Hull always did it too.
Go to Top of Page

I HATE CROSBY
PickupHockey Pro

Canada
538 Posts

Posted - 04/11/2007 :  23:22:44  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hahahahahaha...Sids diving into the net knee shot didn't count...You guys who call him a natural......A drunk could do that play...And his last minute goal doesn't count either......Only he was still trying (it was 6-2 at the time..the game was over, no messages could be sent, except sid's a loser)...See him quickly raise his hands...Umm Sid, the game was over after the first shift
That game showed what a freak show he is...all that swearing at everyone, all that diving around...All that ineffective play for 59 minutes...To quote Pink Floyd "Haha Charade you are!" ...anyhow, nucks game's back.

I HATE CROSBY

Edited by - I HATE CROSBY on 04/11/2007 23:24:24
Go to Top of Page

Guest2864
( )

Posted - 04/12/2007 :  02:07:35  Reply with Quote
I don't understand how people are upset Crosby is always on the highlight shows. He LED THE LEAGUE IN POINTS. Highlight shows tend to rebroadcast the goals. How can the Art Ross winner not always be on the sports channels? That's like getting mad at F1 broadcasts for showing too much of the leaders.

As for the knee thing -I think it's a combination of it having worked so far (it has worked, no matter how you criticize it) and his desire to put every effort into most plays. I am afraid one of these days he's going to get Nauslund-ed (that's a verb, right?), though.

Keep your head up kid. If you stay healthy you'll have all the haters shutting up in no time. Scoring title at 19. That's almost as ridiculous as a scoring title with cancer.

Go to Top of Page

Beans15

Canada
8286 Posts

Posted - 04/12/2007 :  08:48:40  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I think that Crosby will be an amazing player and dominate the league for a long time. My entire point with the majority of my posts is there are better players in the league TODAY. I don't care how old or young a guy is. I am just saying that TODAY, he is the Art Ross winnner, but not the best player in the league. People who think he is are a little influenced by the media, in my opinion. Now, in the next few year he will be. He need to mature more, and he needs to be more dependable on the PK and defensively. He will then be the best player in the league by far.

That day will come, but that day is not today. That is my entire point. I am far from a Crosby hater. I do dislike that he is so focused on by the media where there are a dozen other superstars that get no time on TSN and that is the part that is frustrating.

Go to Top of Page

BigShow
Rookie

177 Posts

Posted - 04/12/2007 :  08:54:39  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Totally agree Beans.
Go to Top of Page

willus3

Canada
1948 Posts

Posted - 04/16/2007 :  14:37:34  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:

I think that Crosby will be an amazing player and dominate the league for a long time. My entire point with the majority of my posts is there are better players in the league TODAY. I don't care how old or young a guy is. I am just saying that TODAY, he is the Art Ross winnner, but not the best player in the league. People who think he is are a little influenced by the media, in my opinion. Now, in the next few year he will be. He need to mature more, and he needs to be more dependable on the PK and defensively. He will then be the best player in the league by far.

That day will come, but that day is not today. That is my entire point. I am far from a Crosby hater. I do dislike that he is so focused on by the media where there are a dozen other superstars that get no time on TSN and that is the part that is frustrating.

I Disagree! I believe from what I have seen this year and then the three games in the playoffs so far that he is indeed the best player RIGHT NOW. I cant believe what I see him doing. He doesn't just set up and score goals. He's being hit constantly and laying out hits of his own. He goes into the corners to get the puck if need be. He also plays well defensively. One of his d-men got caught out of position and he jumped back and covered for him very nicely. I even saw him block a shot in the second game against Ottawa. This business of him not playing well defensively, well I just don't see it.
Also I heard them comment on why he isn't on the PK . The coaches decided to not play him to hopefully keep him injury free longer.
All I can say is, forget what you've heard, just use your eyes and watch him.

"Go chase headlights!"
Go to Top of Page

Beans15

Canada
8286 Posts

Posted - 04/16/2007 :  15:32:40  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I am using my eyes, and I have watched each of the play-off games with Pitt and Ott. I don't agree. He is playing very well, but the best in the league?? I don't even think he's the best in that series. I think Alfie is playing amazing, especially with the playoff monkey on his back. Sid was a non-factor in the first game until the third period.

At the end of the day, the greats of the game found a way to win big games. Gretzky did it, Mario did it a lot, Messier did it. Crosby WILL do it, but not today. He is on a pedistal too hign in my opinion. Like I have said countless times, he will be the best player in the league. But not today.
Go to Top of Page

I HATE CROSBY
PickupHockey Pro

Canada
538 Posts

Posted - 04/16/2007 :  16:07:54  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Beans, you are a wiser, less hyperbolized version of myself hahahahaha........I totally agree (cept ovi will out do him, just wait til the caps have the talent pitts does).........Anyone who isn't related to sid will admit Alfie has been the most dominant player on the ice in that series. He hits , he forechecks hard, he backchecks hard, he has scored goals from outside the goal mouth (ie, goals that take more talent...oh, and he understands that when the whistle goes, you don't dangle around everyone and score)...Not to mention he can score ON HIS FEET!!!!!!!!! You guys claim my "whining over sid" is getting old, well, I claim his blow-job positioned goals are getting REALLY old ........It's like, get a new move.

I HATE CROSBY
Go to Top of Page

Guest8746
( )

Posted - 04/16/2007 :  16:11:12  Reply with Quote
Brett Hull did go down on one knee ALL the time after his onetimer and look where it got him.
Go to Top of Page

I HATE CROSBY
PickupHockey Pro

Canada
538 Posts

Posted - 04/16/2007 :  16:19:37  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Guest8746

Brett Hull did go down on one knee ALL the time after his onetimer and look where it got him.

he did that on his 500th goal (or something like that)...That highlight has been shown repeatedly, and now everyone thinks that's hulls big move......He did that once a month, tops. sid does it on EVERY shot he takes.

I HATE CROSBY
Go to Top of Page

Canucks Man
PickupHockey Veteran

Canada
1547 Posts

Posted - 04/16/2007 :  16:58:44  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
IHC I am finding your comment on Alfredsson being so much better then Crosby in the playoffs, They both have 5 points (3G and 2A each) and also you mentioned Alfredsson hitting way more then Crosby, well Alfredsson only has 1 more hit then Crosby, He also has 6 more penalty minutes then Crosby does, So I really dont think one is dominating the other.

CANUCKS RULE!!!
Go to Top of Page

I HATE CROSBY
PickupHockey Pro

Canada
538 Posts

Posted - 04/16/2007 :  17:18:36  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Canucks Man

IHC I am finding your comment on Alfredsson being so much better then Crosby in the playoffs, They both have 5 points (3G and 2A each) and also you mentioned Alfredsson hitting way more then Crosby, well Alfredsson only has 1 more hit then Crosby, He also has 6 more penalty minutes then Crosby does, So I really dont think one is dominating the other.

CANUCKS RULE!!!

I recommend you watch the games big guy....Watch Alfredson forecheck, watch him backcheck (I will admit sid tries hard on the backcheck...just not smart, you can tell he really wants to help out on D, but he doesn't really know what he's doing, but he has only been in the league 2 years, he'll learn)....Alphie has been really dominant, he is a key player on all his points. Sid got an assist off a rebound last game (emery should get the assist there, not sid hahahaha) and he scored a goal in game one when the game was already in the books.....Numbers are decieving (eg: "e" looks like a rational # but's really irrational, that's for you mik hahahaha), so don't dive to deep into numbers (except save % right babs hahahaha)

I HATE CROSBY
Go to Top of Page

Canucks Man
PickupHockey Veteran

Canada
1547 Posts

Posted - 04/16/2007 :  17:27:22  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Alfredsson also scored a goal last night when the game was "in the books" according to you, so there even again.

CANUCKS RULE!!!
Go to Top of Page

OILINONTARIO
PickupHockey Pro

Canada
816 Posts

Posted - 04/16/2007 :  17:40:35  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Speaking as someone who grew up in Edmonton in the 70's, I can tell you that there was anti-Gretzky sentiment (even with the locals) comparable to what is being said about Sid in this forum. I, personally was a Habs fan when the NHL expanded in '79. As the Oilers gained notoriety, and the local media excused any failures as the growing pains of a "young team", I began to dislike them. In their first three playoff years, they showed incredible potential, but moreso, cockiness, immaturity, and a lack of respect for the great players they were up against. This led to hatred for the young phenoms amongst many, many hockey fans, myself included. I did not support the team until after "The Trade/ Sale". As a result, I voluntarily deprived myself of the opportunity to celebrate the success of one of the greatest teams assembled in the history of hockey, whil growing up in the city that hosted them. Enjoy Sidney Crosby for what he does well, and look forward to the rest of what will, no doubt, be an incredible career as he weaves and whines, and eventually falls on his knees in front of the Hall of Fame.
Go to Top of Page

framer87
PickupHockey Pro

Canada
338 Posts

Posted - 04/16/2007 :  17:42:48  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by I HATE CROSBY

Hahahahahaha...Sids diving into the net knee shot didn't count...You guys who call him a natural......A drunk could do that play...And his last minute goal doesn't count either......Only he was still trying (it was 6-2 at the time..the game was over, no messages could be sent, except sid's a loser)...See him quickly raise his hands...Umm Sid, the game was over after the first shift
That game showed what a freak show he is...all that swearing at everyone, all that diving around...All that ineffective play for 59 minutes...To quote Pink Floyd "Haha Charade you are!" ...anyhow, nucks game's back.

I HATE CROSBY

It is a good thing that he was still trying. That shows that he always wants to win.
Go to Top of Page

willus3

Canada
1948 Posts

Posted - 04/16/2007 :  17:43:33  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:

I am using my eyes, and I have watched each of the play-off games with Pitt and Ott. I don't agree. He is playing very well, but the best in the league?? I don't even think he's the best in that series. I think Alfie is playing amazing, especially with the playoff monkey on his back. Sid was a non-factor in the first game until the third period.

At the end of the day, the greats of the game found a way to win big games. Gretzky did it, Mario did it a lot, Messier did it. Crosby WILL do it, but not today. He is on a pedistal too hign in my opinion. Like I have said countless times, he will be the best player in the league. But not today.

Like Crosby did in game two?
You think Alfredsson is better than Crosby? I think Alfredsson gets far more praise than he should. His playoff record is less than stellar. His regular seasons are better than average but he's still under a PPG and on that team there's no reason for that. He does play well defensively and physically, I'll give him that.

"Go chase headlights!"

Edited by - willus3 on 04/16/2007 17:44:47
Go to Top of Page

Canucks Man
PickupHockey Veteran

Canada
1547 Posts

Posted - 04/16/2007 :  17:50:03  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Even though I agree with you Willus you should no that Alfredsson was above a PPG this year, and has been 7 times out of the last 8 years.

CANUCKS RULE!!!
Go to Top of Page

Novie
PickupHockey Pro

Canada
452 Posts

Posted - 04/18/2007 :  05:09:05  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hey IHC, he scored one while almost on his BACK in game 3...any comment on that one? Think he spends more time on his back, or on his knees?

Go Sens
Crosby is God
Tucker is a douche
Go to Top of Page

manninm
PickupHockey Pro

USA
347 Posts

Posted - 04/18/2007 :  05:38:23  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I've gotta be honest, I think Alfredsson may be the most overrated player in the NHL. Granted, he puts good numbers up, but he doesn't dominate a game like a guy like Corsby, or Oveckin, etc.. can. And I will never forget him essentially giving up as Jason Pominville cruised around him and scored in OT last year, costing them the playoffs.

Because the demands on a goalie are mostly mental, it means that for a goalie, the biggest enemy is himself." ~Ken Dryden
Go to Top of Page

sjtrufan
Top Prospect

78 Posts

Posted - 04/18/2007 :  06:07:03  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
You know it doesn't matter if you hate or love the guy (Crosby). If put your bias aside and watch him play he can do some amazing things with the puck. He is still young and has alot to learn and with some guidance he will become the next "measuring stick" in the NHL. I have to admit though I am a little taken back by all the constent references about him and Gretzky. He has a long way to come to ever be concidered in the same sentence.
Go to Top of Page

I HATE CROSBY
PickupHockey Pro

Canada
538 Posts

Posted - 04/18/2007 :  16:39:51  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Novie

Hey IHC, he scored one while almost on his BACK in game 3...any comment on that one? Think he spends more time on his back, or on his knees?

Go Sens
Crosby is God
Tucker is a douche

hahahahahaha......Off the ice, on his knees obviously....On the ice, well, he does take at least 1 knee shot a game.......The back shot, is a rare occurance.

I HATE CROSBY
Go to Top of Page

PENSFAN8771
Rookie

USA
114 Posts

Posted - 04/18/2007 :  17:28:21  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by manninm

I've gotta be honest, I think Alfredsson may be the most overrated player in the NHL. Granted, he puts good numbers up, but he doesn't dominate a game like a guy like Corsby, or Oveckin, etc.. can. And I will never forget him essentially giving up as Jason Pominville cruised around him and scored in OT last year, costing them the playoffs.

I agree with the above statement in a general sense, but Alfredsson has played very well over the past week. Without him, Pittsburgh would probably be ahead in this series. Then again, without Crosby, Roberts, or Staal I think the Penguins would be done.

Last night was real depressing to watch. You start with a garbage goal going in, which happens. A goal is a goal. But in a series like this, the Penguins needed a bounce their way instead of against them. They finally had a good second period, so that looked up for the Penguins, but the 1st and 3rd were awful. At least the beer helped the game go down easier.
Go to Top of Page

Kashmire
PickupHockey Pro

Canada
506 Posts

Posted - 04/18/2007 :  17:39:51  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Stay out of that topic guys. I think Sid does try to show off and make plays look much harder than they are. Not all the time but do you really think he doesn't want to take advantage of a camera being on him 24/7 while he is on the ice.
Go to Top of Page

Beans15

Canada
8286 Posts

Posted - 04/19/2007 :  07:22:41  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hey Willus, I can't disagree that Crosby was a huge hand in them winning game two. And I did not say that Alfie was better than Crosby, I said he is playing better in this series than anyone.

And my point behind the Messier/Gretzky/Lemiuex winning games if they needed to still holds true. And this even more solidifies my point that Crosby is not the end all be all YET. His team is down 3-1 in the series. In 3-5 years, he will be able to control the games and a series like the guys I mentions above. He is not there YET.

I don't know how many times I have to say this, CROSBY WILL BE ONE OF THE BEST EVER. HE IS NOT ONE OF THE BEST EVER YET!!!!
Go to Top of Page

Stevethehooker
Top Prospect

Canada
3 Posts

Posted - 04/19/2007 :  10:05:47  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Crosby isn't always on his knees. He spends at least 1/3 of the game bitching at the ref and a good part of what is left acting like he has been shot from the upper bowl with an elephant gun.
A great player. Could be the one of the best if he just stuck to showing us his talent that is SID rather the other stuff that makes him the KID

Sens Fan
Go to Top of Page

Stevethehooker
Top Prospect

Canada
3 Posts

Posted - 04/19/2007 :  10:09:57  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
check out my picture in profile to see what I mean.

Anyone know how to get the pic to be my avatar.

Sens Fan
Go to Top of Page

I HATE CROSBY
PickupHockey Pro

Canada
538 Posts

Posted - 04/19/2007 :  18:48:26  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Well that's all folks...I guess there's no need for my Crosby tyrades til October...It was fun. Hopefully you will all follow my lead and NOT mention him for the rest of the post season.

I HATE CROSBY

Edited by - I HATE CROSBY on 04/19/2007 18:51:14
Go to Top of Page

Bidds55
Top Prospect

Canada
8 Posts

Posted - 04/23/2007 :  12:26:56  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
You know, about 50 years ago, a young player started drawing back his stick, before shooting, rather than just sliding his stick along the ice. People thought it was strange, but he did it anyways. His name was Bernie "Boom Boom" Geoffrion, and if he stopped playing like that, we wouln't have the slapshot in hockey.
Then about 30 years ago, a young player started playing with the puck behing to opponents net while on offense. At the time it was considered strange. I think his name was Wayne...something. Oh yeah, I think it was Gretzky. You may have heard of him. Now everyone sets up behind the opposition net.
These strange things, that someone comes up with, gets good at, and then uses as a tool to be better than his opponents are what drives the game of hockey forward. 20 years from now, they will probably be teaching the "Sidney Crosby knee technique" to every kid who laces up a pair of skates.
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 6 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page